2 VS 2 Analysis: Machamp

For simplicity's sake, i'm using the old names, not stuff like Uturn....

Anyways, Machamp's No Guard means that all attacks are 100% accurate. That means, in 2v2, your partner can wrack havoc.

For instance...

Machamp @ Leftovers
No Armor
- Dynamic Punch
- Stone Edge
- Rest
- Sleeptalk

Restalk to give it more survivability.

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Inner Focus
- Thunder
- Blizzard
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Rush

All out attacker, with increased BP from normal builds, and increased accuracy.

Porygon-Z @ Adherence Glasses
Download
-Zap Cannon
-Blizzard
-Hyper Beam
-Dark Pulse

Definite Paralysis, apart to grounds, which Blizzard takes care of. Blissey gets a hyper beam to the face, ghosts get a dark pulse. Scary, no?

So, will this see serious use in competitive play? This looks like a good strategy to release your other pokemon's wrath.

I am almost certain (according to the traits thread at least) that Machamp is the only one who gets the 100% accuracy, his partner doesn't get it. Enemies have 100% accuracy when attacking Machamp only.

Ok, my bad about non-damage moves, however, about his partner, can someone test it?

Edit:

No Armor: All Attacks while Machamp is in Battle have 100% Accuracy

Doesn't say anything bout only to machamp...
And it does say all attacks... isn't a move an attack?

Just a question. But if No Guard does indeed include the partner that would be a little cheap? I'd suggest you check this thoroughly as I see a potential bad exploit if it is true.

You ask why?

Well.

Machamp used Protect.
Partner used Fissure.

That is unless Fissure is regarded as a no damage move.

According to the research done in the Trait research thread (many thanks to the researchers), No Guard will only affect Machamp's moves and the moves of Pokémon targeting Machamp. It does affect OHKO moves. I'm glad they programmed it this way. It's less broken than 100% accuracy across the board.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)