1v1 1v1 Classic VII Playoffs - Finals (won by DEG)

bea

I COULD BEA BANNED!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator

thank you in the hills for the art​
We've made it to playoffs! Thank you to the cup hosts, bea, DripLegend, eblurb, LittEleven, Itchy, Sificon, and SwordIsBored for your efforts the last several weeks. Congratulations to the cup winners for their excellent runs.
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • 1v1 Classic Rules can be read here.
  • Battles will be a Bo3 of Bo5s, Single Elimination
  • Tiers played must be figured out during scheduling.
  • If you don't get your match done, I will give the activity win to someone at random or their opponent or coinflip it. If both users are constantly making contact but can't set up a specific time, I will give an extension for 3 days. Do not rely on this because I might just flip your game if minimal effort was put in.
  • Do not make baseless activity posts; get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
  • Replays are Required
Resources
SS Banlist and Resources
SM Banlist and Resources
ORAS Banlist and Resources
BW Banlist and Resources
DPP Banlist and Resources

Playoffs Format (picking and striking happens during scheduling)
  • High seed picks one gen.
  • Low seed picks one gen.
  • Low seed strikes one gen.
  • High seed strikes one gen.
  • Bo3o5 is played in the two picked gens and the gen remaining after the strikes.
  • Higher seed chooses the gen of G1, the gen of G2 is chosen by the loser of G1.
Qualification Tiebreak
whoever goes 2-0 will pick to be either the 7th or 8th seed, while whoever goes 1-1 gets the unchosen seed. The tiebreak format is the same as the playoffs format. For the purpose of striking, seed order is Palestine > ToasterBoi420 > Tom1535 based on who had the higher winrate.

Palestine vs ToasterBoi420
ToasterBoi420 vs Tom1535
Tom1535 vs Palestine
Quarterfinals:
LittEleven (1) vs Tom1535 (8)
Palestine (9) vs ToasterBoi420 (7)
zo (3) vs DEG (6)
Close (4) vs Waylaid (5)
Semifinals:
Tom1535 (8) vs Close (4)
ToasterBoi420 (7) vs DEG (6)

Finals:
Close (4) vs DEG (6)

Deadline for finals is Sunday, December 3rd at 11:59 PM EDT (GMT-5).

Last edited:

DripLegend

is a Forum Moderator
1v1 Circuit Champion
LittEleven vs Tom1535 all the smoke i think litten clears as long as he doesn't self sabotage 70/30

Potatochan vs ToasterBoi420 toaster is my goat but it's a hell of an uphill battle here, depends if potato cares or not 75/25 edit: he did not care

zo vs DEG zo has had really solid performances and i think their momentum will help a ton (even tho they lost oras cup), probably a 55/45 or 60/40 in their favor i think DEG is still a threat

Close vs Waylaid waylaid don't lose or else i gave up the mono leftside bold for nothing :(, fr tho this is a really solid matchup and gonna be a great watch imo. i respect tf out of close and i think if he's really hungry i can see him taking the whole tour. 50/50

Last edited:
bummer to spend all this time qualifying to get acted on a saturday, but that's on me I suppose. just wanted to take the time to share some interesting teams I was planning to bring in my series, hopefully people can get a kick out of them if nothing else

ORAS:
:charizard-mega-x: :serperior: :deoxys-speed:
thought I could play on some set ambiguity here, this looks like a pretty obvious specs deoxys for heatran and pz but it's actually av serp for both, and deoxys can cash out with its more reliable stall matchup. enudre zard is cool for gardevoirs that might try to fish for 3-0s, as well as adding insurance against stuff like adamant lopunny trying to gimpact you

:dragonite: :kyurem-black: :heatran:
funny team and funny sets I put together for the sake of being funny, chople tran for mega lop / extra zard check. specs dnite helps own slowbros, and diancie would sorta cook this team if not for the quirky hp steel tech because tran isn't balloon. probably not the absolute most solid but it covers most stuff ok

:greninja: :aggron-mega: :togekiss:
this team isn't really quirky like the others, it just looks epic on preview. mega aggron is a boss mon that people really don't use enough, and band gren is cool I suppose. kee togekiss is actually useful here for mega lopunny, I guess I could run defensive but then I'd have to run defensive togekiss and my tiny ss brain would explode

SM:
:sylveon: :aegislash: :musharna:
made this for krytocon in sm semis, sylveon really doesn't get used enough and somehow 3 quirky mons have decent mus against a lot of the metagame. it's really fun to use because you get to click musharna every time your opponent brings charizard and sometimes you even win, shoutout 2019 synon for the forewarn tech

:porygon-z: :genesect: :incineroar:
I think I made this for pl but wanted to use it again here, electrium z genesect is honestly not good but I had to make a soul read vs frosty in ogpl with prim vs sect before realizing I should just bulk my prims to proc att download and not have to deal with the specs rolls. fsr I assumed that other people would do the exact same thing with their prims, so this genesect was just meant to beat that. really not that many of the fairies have fire coverage in sm so you're mostly focusing on beating water fairies while still cooking the other ones and shit like celesteela. metal sound for magearna because somehow incin doesn't beat that

:ferrothorn: :carracosta: :primarina:
double water grass is just cool, these are 3 sets comp sets except I bulked my prim for specs gene (forshadowing huh) and I'm not using jet costa because technically prim can beat band sawk without it and ig when I made this team I was very confident in my donphan setguessing. anyway it's super fun to use, it's not often that you get to use costa at all so this was a fun excuse

small obituary for me, classic is easily my favorite individual and I was happy I had the chance to compete in it this year. currently 2/2 for playoffs so hopefully next year I can qualify and finally make it past round 1. I really don't think the format needs to be changed much, maybe best 4 of 5 tours count but outside of that the top 8 cut-off pretty much means that cup winners and semifinalists are gonna be rewarded way more than people who are generally good at all the gens, which I think classic is meant to represent. the player pool is definitely too small to properly implement seeding, and it makes me happy to see newer faces (exclusively toasterboi) in the playoff stages for such a competitive tour. hoping zo takes it all.

ggs.

DPP:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen41v1-1995738054?p2
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen41v1-1995741427?p2
DPP g3 contains a bad name that I didn't notice while copying teams, so I don't feel like sharing cause people will look back at these replays, I can recreate the MU replay if needed. DEG: Band Rhyp/Cune/Dnite vs Zapdos/Hariyama/Clefable > Rhyp lost to Custap Hariyama
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen41v1-1995748998?p2
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen41v1-1995752976

ORAS:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen61v1-1995758110?p2
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen61v1-1995760029
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen61v1-1995767214

Last edited:

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)