“Smog-off makes” an SV OU team

what playstyle should we build

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
heavily inspired by the “smog-off plays” threads, most of us (if not all of us) are excited for a whole new generation of team building, playing, and innovation.

so I decided that it would be fun to build a team with all of you! So how does it work?

Well this original poll will be up for a day or 2 so we can have a starting point for our team.

after that sets evs and partners will be decided by all of you (and maybe partially by me)

(And I’m not opposed to suggesting stupid ideas but if we make this team slightly viable I will totally use it in the “no johns tour”)

Sijih

game show genius
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

I'm going to be the postport control here and say that this isn't off topic enough for Smogoff. Despite the smogoff plays gimmick, talking about team styles evs sets etc is a bit too bogged down in the competitive pokemon mire.

However, instead of throwing on the lock immediately I'm going to experiment with a new moderation technique and leave this thread up for a bit. Maybe seeing this thread will inspire someone to craft the greatest post reply that smogoff has ever seen, and I wouldn't want to stymie anyone's creativity.

I'm going to be the postport control here and say that this isn't off topic enough for Smogoff. Despite the smogoff plays gimmick, talking about team styles evs sets etc is a bit too bogged down in the competitive pokemon mire.

However, instead of throwing on the lock immediately I'm going to experiment with a new moderation technique and leave this thread up for a bit. Maybe seeing this thread will inspire someone to craft the greatest post reply that smogoff has ever seen, and I wouldn't want to stymie anyone's creativity.
I assume there’s nothing I could do to keep it up?

and if so would this fit in any well of smogon?

thank you dear cow lord, although your judgment brings me sadness I shall respect it all the same

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader

Sijih:
Go ahead, kids, build a team.
Also Sijih:
Im banning you guys for doing so.

thank you all for the support of this thread…
unfortunately unless we write the most udderly perfect reply, I fear this thread will be locked soon
but hey mineaswell keep building the team until sijih does! (Also i swear to god if you vote in the poll and don’t help build the team I am taking you off the Christmas card list)

(also also a tinkaton ho does sound quite fun)

Last edited:
by a whopping two votes stall has won!

suggestions of fun Pokémon to build stall around?
I think Orthworm, Mabostiff, or maybe even Brongzong could be cool

I should feel disappointed my choice lost, but instead I'm feeling a weird sort of contrarian pride for being literally the only person to vote for Semi-Stall.

Anyway, I was told we should be bringing Bramble. I'm still not convinced going from a normal horse to a bush makes a lot of sense for an evolution, but there's definitely something to be said for Strength Sap.

to add a little momentum here are some core ideas with Pokémon you guys wanted used

slowking + avalugg (snow boosting avaluggs defense = massive body press damage)

bramble + Mabosstiff (ghost beats fighting, dark beats ghost, both loose to bug)

just ideas as the team just has an archetype right now, pokemon have to be added!

Last edited:
ok. im kind of invested

here's my heatest tech so far this gen:

:sv/GARGANACL:
THE GARGLER (Garganacl) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Purifying Salt
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stone Edge
- Body Press
- Salt Cure
- Explosion
since this is the first actual set to be posted, it seems we are building around a very interesting AV Garganacl!

although very bulky, rock isn’t a great defensive typing, what do you think would be a good partner for THE GARGLER? (may the original Rest In Peace) (also I propose a sand stall team, thoughts?)

BIG ASHLEY

ashley
is a Community Contributor
sand sounds funny. i realise that THE GARGLER may not be a stall set tho.

not to dominate the thread but that worm guy w/ ground absorb sounds hilarious

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)