Ashenlock
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Oh and no. You don't need to have a thread to be able to trade with me. :d
    Espeon, Terra & Virizion are very interesting. :3 What are their redis rights btw? I can give all of those four for those tree, if you think that's enought. ^^'
    yea with HG/SS, all that matters is if you can hit a delay. It's so much easier on the whole as well without stupid NPC's advancing your frames like crazy.
    Well, I just tried to get a shiny Jolly Gible to begin a breeding project with, but it required 1341 happiness taps. I screwed up somewhere and didn't get it. So yeah, HG is probably a better idea.
    Ok well first off, I'm going to say the RNG'ing for Shiny eggs in DPPt is pain. If you have SS or HG it is infinitely easier to do than DPPt. If not, do you have AIM as it is very long explanation. If you don't have AIM, then I'll explain it through VM's but it will be more slow and tedious.
    well im glad it worked out, it is very odd that it was being so funky. Also thx for the offer, I'll be sure to keep my eye on Wifi for your trade thread :).

EDIT: Now that I look at it, it may have to due with the fact that you were using a synchronizer(were you?) and because there is no corresponding no synch for that spread you were getting such odd IV outputs.
    Ok what seed are you aiming for exactly? Is this the seed you're aiming for:bb16028a ? If not what seed and where did you get it from.

I think we should start from the beginning and just make sure that you're doing all the steps right.
    My suggestion then is to find the IV's of the pokemon you are catching and use RNG reporter to find what frame you are actually hitting. This should give you some insight as to what could possibly be going wrong(if its 2 frames too high, then your doing one too many flips, etc).
    NP hope it all works out, What you going for if you don't mind me asking.
    as long as you don't leave the "zone"(area where the NPC is) then it won't affect him until you do so. So he will stay stationary for as long as you don't leave the area.
    Ah, I see. I had read that part but didn't pay attention to the "turn" part. Unfortunately, since I'll need Journal pages to flip back to, I'll have to do a hard-reset at some point and change the time at least two days forward. Will the NPC still be "stationary" or will I have to fight it again?
    Wandering NPCs are those who walk or turn in a random pattern. So yes he most likely is causing the issue. To rectify it try this:

If there are you will want to figure out which can be stopped. Wandering NPCs may be stopped if they are able to be re-battled using the Vs. Seeker. To stop these wandering NPCs you must use the Vs. Seeker successfully and re-battle them. When the battle is over these NPCs will no longer wander (and will no longer advance the RNG) until you leave and re-enter the zone. This effect persists between resets of the game, making this a viable technique. Unfortunately, not all wandering NPCs can he stopped as they do not all accept rematches using the Vs. Seeker. Experiment to figure out which ones can in a particular zone.
    Ok so 92 flips is 184, to clarify on the flips, if you start on a page with capture/caught then that counts as a flip(it advances the RNG by 2) so instead of 92 you would do 91 "actual" flips. Next are you walking in an area with wild pokemon?(the one step you indicate up above), if not remember its 128 steps with no wild pokemon to advance by how many pokemon are in your party. If its the wild part then were at 185, and sweet scenting in grass gives us +2 or 187.

Ok so your formula is all correct assuming the 1 step is in an area with wild pokemon. So if your frame is off its due to one of the following reasons:

An NPC is trolling you in the area and advancing your frames.
    Or you have a roamer that you forgot to account for.

If you are still having problems, then I suggest saving when you catch the pokemon(that is wrong) and trade it to me with the seed you hit. I'll check the IV's and determine what frame you hit and let you know how to adjust accordingly.

Hope this helps.
    you can either vm/pm me, or use AIM to send me any RNG questions you have.

EDIT: My AIM SN is: Vegita3256
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…