Pinkacross
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey Pinkacross, just wondering if you could check out this Trapper mew team and recommend any adjustments. For example, my meowscarada has only Jolly nature and 200 speed evs, because that's one more point than jolly/timid booster speed iron valiant, but I don't know if investing in full speed is more worth it.

https://pokepast.es/596c4ca037dff48b

Thanks again for the wonderful content :)
    Pinkacross
    Pinkacross
    Hey carterben! This team is interesting but to be honest I think it needs more than adjustments to be viable at a top level. This mew set seems very ineffective, as does this Landorus. Nasty Plot boosts Special Attack, and Crunch is a Physical attack.
    Pinkacross
    Pinkacross
    I would certainly encourage you to keep building, playing, and having fun, but at the moment this team has so many aspects that aren't competitively optimal that to improve the team I'd have to basically scrap and rebuild it. That being said, you do have one cool core here! Glowking + Meowscarada is solid! As for the speed, I'd suggest maximum for Speed ties and Scarf Greninja, but perhaps this is not necessary.
    Heatranator
    Heatranator
    :blobthumbsup: Thank you
    Hey Pinkacross, do you consider waterpon,non cb samurott and boots valiant as immediate power ?
    Pinkacross
    Pinkacross
    I suppose it depends on the team, but I would say no. Ogerpon-Wellspring perhaps, but not Valiant or Samurott. Neither of those pokemon can pose an immediate threat to anything with decent bulk.
    DonSalvatore
    team

Hey again Pinkacross-- I am currently testing the above team and really enjoying it. Team was built around this DNite set from pre-home meta, and mons were added in the order shown. My main concerns rn are related to the Gholdengo set/spread, Great Tusk moveset, and Iron Valiant in general. Also I may be overindexed on the stall matchup. Thoughts?
    Pinkacross
    Pinkacross
    This looks pretty solid, and your stall MU seems fantastic also. My one concern is your lack of speed control / immediate power, I recommend Tera Normal Espeed Dragonite.
    Hey Pinkacross!

In your recent HO video, you gave a doc of all the mons you think are viable. I'm theorying a Veil HO with Nasty Plot Thundurus-T with Tera Blast/Weather Ball for BoltBeam coverage. Would you think this type of team could work (given proper teambuilding around that sweeper), or do you think Thundurus-T is not well-suited for the HO sweeper role due to reliance on Tera Ice/snow being active?
    Pinkacross
    Pinkacross
    Tera Blast could work, but honestly now that Gliscor is gone, you can probably do very well with Thunderbolt + Grass Knot coverage, so that way you aren't even Tera reliant. If you need a Stallbuster, go Taunt + NP + Tbolt + Gnot, and if you want to go the sweeper route you can go Sub or Agility over Taunt. :] Good luck!
    spin da bloc
    spin da bloc
    Yeah my bad, I saw the note on the side about it being nonexhaustive after I posted haha. Thanks for your input! TBolt + Grass Knot definitely makes sense, but what about FBlast last to muscle through potential Blissey?
    Pinkacross
    Pinkacross
    Fblast isn't necessary if you're running Taunt, but if you're not, then you could run Fblast. I personally would never rely on Fblast Thundurus for stallbreaking, and I think it's a terrible move since it has 70% accuracy, but it technically could work.
    Hello Pinkacross, could you give your feedback to this team https://pokepast.es/b961615988b9cc8a ?

It seems to be doing okay on the midladder but there are still some things I am unsure about(like maybe giving trick to Iron Valiant or which mon to put stealth rocks on). I am not the best at teambuilding so I hoped for some improvements.
    Pinkacross
    Pinkacross
    As for the hazard situation, normally I don't support SR on Ting-Lu but it does make some sense here, you could consider Spikes Ting-Lu and Stealth Rock over Flash Cannon on Heatran but I hesitate to make this team a hazard stack since you don't have a Rapid Spin user.
    Pinkacross
    Pinkacross
    I would say keep Stealth Rock (or you could try dual hazards and drop Whirlwind) on Ting-Lu, and use Will-O-Wisp over Flash cannon on Heatran to cover your weakness to Kingambit. Good luck!
    lucky333
    Thank you so much for the suggestions, I will definitely keep them in mind and I am glad you like it. Also I wanna say, I did consider roost Dragonite but my mind was more offensively oriented ( stab tera flying with a boost hits incredibly hard and is amazing for breaking glis, unaware mons and sweeping. Alo can wish pass so he can use his Multiscale multiple times.)
    hey pinkacross, made a smogon account after like a year of low ladder ou hell, wanted to ask your thoughts on this team i made which i think has potential to be good i just dont play great
    https://pokepast.es/3ca0e47cf77e9956
    Pinkacross
    Pinkacross
    There are a few other glaring weaknesses-- no ghost resist isn't good, a Specs Dragapult or opposing Gholdengo could give you a very hard time.
    Pinkacross
    Pinkacross
    For the most part though, this team (despite looking fairly odd) isn't too bad! Nice job, this is a cool build. For the problems that do exist, I don't see any quick fixes, but it looks like a fun and overall solid team.
    Pinkacross
    Pinkacross
    One more point though, make Great Tusk jolly with max speed-- you don't want to be getting outsped by Gholdengo, that can cause major problems.
    Pinkacross
    Pinkacross
    I'm not a fan of this. It seems like you've done a bit of playstyle mixing here, Booster Energy Iron Valiant in the middle of a balance team doesn't make much sense. You also have no Ghost resist, so Dragapult and Gholdengo will be a nightmare, and those are some of the most high usage pokemon in OU.
    Dozkek
    Dozkek
    I think a problem with my teambuilding rn is i have a hard time being able to identify what pokemon fits on a certain playstyle
    Hello Pinka, I've been watching your videos and saw in the description that you rated teams so i would like some feedback on this, I'm also not experienced in the OU meta as im a NatDex player.

https://pokepast.es/889c502e9c88799c

I've seen the playstyles video and wanted to build balance however i do not know if I have pulled it off.
    Pinkacross
    Pinkacross
    There are lots of ways to improve your stall matchup, the one I used on my Alomomola team is to have a strong special attacker + hazards + pivot move + knock off so that Blissey can't reliably swap in, and the team eventually loses. Another way is using Guts pokemon, Glowking helps a lot, hstack is great, etc.
    Pinkacross
    Pinkacross
    I'll likely be making a youtube video on that topic soon!
    Dozkek
    Dozkek
    Alright
    Hey pink, i tend to struggle with team building when im playing in draft leagues. I looked into your video about playstyles and noticed my draft teams often end up being a mix of styles with each mon covering for the other, rather than the team focusing on 1 style. What are some tips to build around 1 pokemon and identifying the playstyle while building the team?
    Pinkacross
    Pinkacross
    Draft leagues are EXTREMELY different from regular teambuilding-- due to your limited options and the limited options of your opponents, the ideal team often WILL be a mix of playstyles. Pokeiam, (imo the best draft league player) often uses teams that would be considered disasters in Singles.
    Pinkacross
    Pinkacross
    I'd say for draft leagues, play some practice games with a friend using your opponent's pokemon, and test to see what works best. Conventional building, for the most part, gets thrown out the window.
    hey pink who would you replace gambit with in national dex on your newest team?
    Pinkacross
    Pinkacross
    National dex is a wildly different metagame so I can't say for sure, but definitely some sort of Dragon resist.
    Wesleyy
    Wesleyy
    Also would you mind playing a few battles? probably a lot to learn
    Pinkacross
    Pinkacross
    I'd say I might be satisfied with the team, testing is king. I recommend you do the testing yourself, if I play using it I'll let you know but I'm a bit busy these days. Good luck! :]
    Wesleyy
    Wesleyy
    ty
    Hi Pinka! I just wanted to ask if you had any SS/SM Hyper Offense teams that you could tell me or show me thanks
    Pinkacross
    Pinkacross
    I haven't been active in that tier anytime recently, so all the HOs I have are quite out-of-date. As for SM, even more so.
    Hi Pinka! I'm trying to make this team work. It's antistall. Alomomola looks weird but as Ursaluna wears out fast I need a high HP wish user to keep it alive. Goodra helps VS Rain & blocks Strength Sap from Drifblim on stall denying it from healing Luna's Crunch. Would you give advice to make this consistent VS other teams & also beating all stall teams? Thanks!
    Pinkacross
    Pinkacross
    This is much better, but the team still has some unacceptable weaknesses. Sub + DD + Icicle Crash + Earthquake Baxcalibur is still a 6-0. Choice Specs Dragapult and Choice Scarf Gholdengo are also very threatening, especially since your Speed Control is Scream Tail. Iron Moth is also very difficult to handle.
    Pinkacross
    Pinkacross
    I recommend using Foul Play on Rotom-Wash along with Tera Steel to beat Baxcalibur. Replace Protect, I'd say. For speed control, use Choice Scarf Hrott insteaad of Choice Band and use Choice Specs Tera Ghost Gholdengo with Psyshock for the stall matchup.
    Pinkacross
    Pinkacross
    This doesn't fix the Dragapult issue entirely, but it's the smoothest fix I can see without changing a lot about the team.
    Hey Pink,
    Just cracked the top 500 today with this team. I do like having the zapdos, samurott, and glowking core, (and the niche specs rotom) but I cam tell there are some things that can be fixed. I want to climb to the 1850s again, so I was wondering if you could give me some of your input and feedback. Please be as harsh as you'd like! Thanks!
    Pinkacross
    Pinkacross
    Baxcalibur is also very very difficult for you... there's no easy fix other than restructuring your team. One potential option is running Assault Vest Hisuian Samurott for a better Ghost resist, and then using Physically Defensive Tera-Steel Rotom-Wash with Foul Play, Volt Switch, Hydro Pump, and a status move (Wisp or Twave) to handle Bax. This makes stall a little difficult but still manageable.
    pyxr
    pyxr
    Thanks for the advice. I agree, specs rotom is pretty bad but I wanted to try it out when I first made this team and I had (some) success with it. Changed the tusk and rotom set, and changed h-samur to AV too. Been an honor getting help from you, and best of luck on your pokemon endeavors! :boi:
    Pinkacross
    Pinkacross
    Thank you, good luck to you as well! Let me know how it goes. :]
    Hey Pinkacross,

I don't know much about OU, since I mainly play Monotype. I was wondering if you could help me with this team, and tell me what I need to change or improve. Here's a replay against your Hisuian Goodra team. Cheers!
    Pinkacross
    Pinkacross
    This team doesn't seem bad. I suppose my main concern would be weakness to Stealth Rock and lack of supporting pokemon. Your Rain matchup is also very difficult. There is no easy fix for this, but fitting in a Tera Water Great Tusk may help.
    Pinkacross
    Pinkacross
    That being said, if you can use Cinderace to Court Change and apply enough offensive pressure to prevent Stealth Rock from being reset, the team could still function against a hazard stack build. I'd advise testing, and see if you encounter any issues.
    Hey Pinka! I found this team of yours and it looks fun!
    I was wondering if you could tell me a little bit about it and the win cons so I can use it better <3
    Pinkacross
    Pinkacross
    The only thing I'd advise against bringing out early is Kingambit, its much stronger with more fallen allies.
    SeanBonJoviii
    SeanBonJoviii
    Thanks! it's a cool team, did you have a lot of success with it? I used it on a youtube video and went undefeated :D
    Pinkacross
    Pinkacross
    Oh wow! Nice! Yes, I did have a lot of success with it. I built it after returning from a vacation to help get me acclimated to the metagame, since the team seemed very standard. Since it performed well on ladder, I submitted it for review as a sample team.
    Pinkacross
    Pinkacross
    Rain teams dislike Slowking + Ferrothorn, as long as the game doesn't get too drawn out it will normally win. Against Rain Zapdos, utilize Toxic Landorus (it lives one Weather Ball), Regieleki, Future Sight, and Weavile. Future Sight vs Pelipper can also get the game started quite well.
    "gen 8 was good to use lower tiers"

Lycanroc-Dusk used Stone Edge

Any Balance Pokemon lost 25% health

It dies to any random attack

GG

gen 7: lower tiers use z moves to be workable
    gen 9: lower tiers use tera to be workable
    Pinkacross
    Pinkacross
    Seems like this would be better suited for metagame discussion, although I suppose this post would probably be removed. Lycanroc-Dusk wasn't great in gen 8. There are other lower tier pokemon.
    Pinkacross
    Pinkacross
    Furthermore, in gen 9, why would someone use Tera on a low tier pokemon to make it usable when they could use it on a great pokemon to make it even better? There are very few cases of lower tier pokemon being significantly helped by Tera. If you have a real, intelligent argument, please post on metagame discussion, or if you prefer, in a Conversation with me.
    ant4456
    ant4456
    I had a real intelligent argument I just already posted it good day!
    Does your tutoring cost money?
    Pinkacross
    Pinkacross
    A session does, yes. However, if you want a team rated, you have any questions, or if you'd like me to review a replay, you can just post it here and I'll help you out completely free of charge! :]
    Hey Pinkacross do you still offer tutoring? Have been dissatisfied with how I’m playing and would be interested in a session
    Pinkacross
    Pinkacross
    Yes, I am! You can sign up using this Google form: https://forms.gle/8y6KMHJCs7fGQGiy6
    I offer 45 and 90-minute sessions, although there is a discount if you'd like to do multiple lessons. We can discuss details on Smogon, Discord, or email, whichever communication medium you prefer.
    Pinkacross
    Pinkacross
    BobbyHill
    BobbyHill
    Great! I’ll sign up and message you
    Hey pinkacross do you have any natdex ou teams? And are you a fan of the tier?
    Pinkacross
    Pinkacross
    Sorry, but I don't play or build in natdex. It seems like a fun tier but I only play the main metagame at the time (currently SV OU).
    Firefairydragvolckiller
    Thank you for your response do you know if anyone is the natdex equivalent of you who shares their team. My teams are shite mate megas, Tera’s, and Z’s are so many mechanics at once
    Pinkacross
    Pinkacross
    I'm not familiar with natdex scene at all, but I'm sure they have sample teams that would be good to use. Ask in the natdex room for the sample teams and somebody will help you. :]
    Hey Pinkacross, I made this team around Hex Spamming. Are there any improvements you could suggest for me?
    Zachimations
    Zachimations
    If I were to move away from the concept of hex spamming, should I run choice specs dragapult instead?
    Pinkacross
    Pinkacross
    Sub Wisp Hex Dragapult is a fantastic and powerful set on its own, without needing other dedicated hex or status users. If Specs tests better, you can switch over, but there's certainly no reason to change your current Dragapult set just because you're changing Skeledirge.
    Pinkacross
    Pinkacross
    Sub Wisp Hex Dragapult is a fantastic and powerful set on its own, without needing other dedicated hex or status users. If Specs tests better, you can switch over, but there's certainly no reason to change your current Dragapult set just because you're changing Skeledirge.
    Thanks for the like on my RMT. Tho I've been waiting for you to post a team for a couple months homie. Helped me ladder pretty high in the past :blobthumbsup:
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…