Resource SV Short Questions and Short Answers

whats broken in this meta?
:conkeldurr:, :zarude:, :enamorus-therian: are the top three, with stuff like :mamoswine:, :terrakion:, :lycanroc-dusk: and :regidrago: also serving as potent cleaners / setup sweepers.
The meta this month has been quite different than last year because of DLC2 drops but it should get better next month and moving forward. Watch the available replays on the Winter Seasonal posts to see some of the team structures - https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ru-winter-seasonal-round-2.3734538/ is the most recent round that's been completed.

Why is conkeldurr broken ?
Guts boosted Facade / Drain Punch sets are really hard to switch into and Knock Off is always free. Mach Punch ensures you can get chip before dying or get a kill depending on opponents health and the mon is just generally hard to play against because, even though you know the set 95% of the time, you see it in preview and know you'll have to manage your resources perfectly to not get busted by something with 624 Attack after the burn.

Rarelyme

Comfortably Numb
is a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator
what is the best offensive check to Iron Jugulis?
Tough question because you'll find very few offensive mons able to switch-in and force Jugulis out because they are all too frail and usually slower. However, if you manage to predict the move Jugulis is going to click, you can use Pokemon such as Lycanroc-Dusk, Bisharp, Kilowattrel, Enamorus-Therian, Tinkaton or Hoopa-Unbound to check and scare it out therefore making it lose its speed boost from Booster Energy which means that it will become way easier to deal with next time. The best Pokemon to check Jugulis while applying pressure at the moment is Comfey thanks to its priority fairy move and good special bulk.

Tough question because you'll find very few offensive mons able to switch-in and force Jugulis out because they are all too frail and usually slower. However, if you manage to predict the move Jugulis is going to click, you can use Pokemon such as Lycanroc-Dusk, Bisharp, Kilowattrel, Enamorus-Therian, Tinkaton or Hoopa-Unbound to check and scare it out therefore making it lose its speed boost from Booster Energy which means that it will become way easier to deal with next time. The best Pokemon to check Jugulis while applying pressure at the moment is Comfey thanks to its priority fairy move and good special bulk.
Thank you, Comfey is really the best option

Btw, what is the best of her set? HP or Spe invested? Leftovers or Life Orb?

Rarelyme

Comfortably Numb
is a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator
Btw, what is the best of her set? HP or Spe invested? Leftovers or Life Orb?
To be honest, Comfey is quite customizable although the main set is the following:
Comfey @ Life Orb
Ability: Triage
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 236 Def / 252 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Tera Blast
- Taunt / Encore
The speed is mainly to oustpeed slow Tinkaton which usually has enough to be faster than Magnezone and Bisharp, but people run very different Tinkaton spreads so don't be surprised if some still outspeed you.

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
What's Chesnaught's niche in the metagame? I'm a newcomer to SV RU (~1500 in SV OU) and I'd like to use it on a non-stall team!
Spikes mostly from what I see. You could also run an IronPress set since Body Press is STAB. Not sure of the specifics of the sets, but those 2 seem to be the more common sets.

P.S. it also received Knock Off this gen

What's Chesnaught's niche in the metagame? I'm a newcomer to SV RU (~1500 in SV OU) and I'd like to use it on a non-stall team!
This meta is particularly tough for Chesnaught to get usage outside of fully dedicated fat/stall teams, but it does have nice utility as a Knock Off user with access to Spikes and a nice defensive spread. If you want to use it for a more balanced team there are definitely better options BUT it could work with a pretty basic set like below:

Chesnaught @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Bulletproof
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 Spe
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Knock Off
- Spikes
- Synthesis

Is Swampert good in RU? If it isn't, what are some other water types that are good?
Swampert has a niche as a rocks/turn mon that actually has the stats to make it worthwhile, but still isn't a great mon in general (in this meta).
RU just lost the two better Water types in Rotom-Wash and Slowking but Milotic, Quagsire and Swampert can all function okay and Empoleon or Gastrodon can do fine too, though I personally rate the first three higher.

2 Quick questions

How could I improve my team?
https://pokepast.es/e9f64a74688591df

When the discord asks for a Smogon post does this count as one?
I think your team just lacks reliable answers to some of the relevant meta options like Zarude and Taunt Cobalion; you also don't have a great way to punish fatter cores like Hippowdon/Cyclizar/Moltres. CB Tauros is not a great mon and you'd be way better off slotting one of the many setup options over this or even trying to fit your own AV Cyclizar for hazard control.
I think CM Cresselia could do okay if you manage games well, LO Mimikyu is always a nice slot on offensive teams, Scarf Zoro-H is fun though Trick might be better than U-Turn to punish fat teams, Bisharp could use a better Tera like Ghost or Fire, and Armarouge is a potentially great option but struggles with the amount of good priority in the tier.

I believe this should count for RU Discord.

What are the best :choice-scarf: users in RU?
Gardevoir is always the staple Scarfer, though rain isn't as relevant with Barraskewda gone, Gengar is a nice one as well, hits a really good speed tier and can run Trick for fatter teams, and then more offensive options like Hoopa-Unbound, Infernape, Kleavor (HO suicide lead), Mienshao and Terrakion are all solid picks as well. There are also options like Volcanion, Zapdos-Galar and Zoroark-Hisui to consider!

What are the best :choice-scarf: users in RU?
Some faster options to consider would be scarf Azelf, Zarude, Mienshao, Terrakion, Gengar, Zoro-H, Munkidori, and Infernape. Many of these fast options also have trick or switcheroo which lets you deal with a slower setup sweeper in an emergency, as well as u-turn to pivot, especially good in the meta because you can force zarude and iron leaves to Tera while not risking your scarfer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)