not to be pretentious but yall should really read this… C.H.A.T. (Come Here for All Talk)

Is it weird to call your parents mother and father. I always associate it with weird nerds, but my parents call their parents mother and father and they aren't nerds

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It’s better than like, “maternal unit” or something.

Or this:
My old college roommate has his mom in his phone as mom, while having his dad in as (first name) (last name). It’s always been weird to me that he has mom for one and his dad’s full legal given name for the other lol

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
is a Contributor to Smogon
My old college roommate has his mom in his phone as mom, while having his dad in as (first name) (last name). It’s always been weird to me that he has mom for one and his dad’s full legal given name for the other lol
When my dad calls me or vice versa we answer the phone like it's a business call acknowledging each other's legal names before starting a conversation.

When my dad calls me or vice versa we answer the phone like it's a business call acknowledging each other's legal names before starting a conversation.
I had this coworker who came a very old fashioned, educated, conservative Hungarian family. He had to address his grandfather as Dr. Jonas (note, Jonas wasn't his actual last name, I just don't wanna doxx the guy and Jonas was the first last name that came to my mind)

When my coworker turned 18, his gramps offered him "Mr." instead of "Dr."

Is it weird to call your parents mother and father. I always associate it with weird nerds, but my parents call their parents mother and father and they aren't nerds
i had a boss once that said his son calls him "Papito" (Daddy) but then followed up with "But he's 6, if he's doing that when he's older I'd tell him that's a bit weird, just call me Dad" lmao

I think of "Mother/Father" as more of titles than a name... I know we could say the same for Mom/Dad but I grew up where if I said Billy or Brenda they'd be like "HEY! It's Mom or Dad to you, We're not one of your school friends," a respect thing --- and tbf I think that's pretty normal lmao.

Anyone else consume a single piece of media from a subculture and then pretend that you're part of the subculture

I've been listening to some Sex Pistols recently and all I talk about recently is anti-authority and getting a punk haircut

Also, I've found out about straight edge. I guess that's what I am, I don't drink, I don't do drugs, I don't smoke, I am mostly vegetarian, I do sports, only thing I do is a cup of coffee a day at most

Last edited:
Anyone else consume a single piece of media from a subculture and then pretend that you're part of the subculture

I've been listening to some Sex Pistols recently and all I talk about recently is anti-authority and getting a punk haircut

Also, I've found out about straight edge. I guess that's what I am, I don't drink, I don't do drugs, I don't smoke, I am mostly vegetarian, I do sports, only thing I do is a cup of coffee a day at most
i think this is pretty normal when interest is piqued - wanting to be able to share it.

getting that "spark" by something could be a message or a new home you're finding that more fits your soul/mind/energy.

as silly some see it i grew up around a few juggalos so i ofc ended up loving it too, esp seeing them (icp) in wwf, wcw, ecw as a kid lol. older ones always looked out when i was the shy kid till i branched out a bit (since my old school bus had me then in elementary (K-5th) and like mid-level grades(6-8) with us from 2 diff schools next to each other). was that first experience of "we like the same thing so we got one another"

Last edited:
My dad was giving me Werther's as a kid and I always loved em. and hell even if it does mean it i'll take it lmao.

only food/candy i accept as "you're old if you like that" is prunes and almond joys lmao.

only food/candy i accept as "you're old if you like that" is prunes and almond joys lmao.
Honestly I love dried fruit and I sometimes eat dried prunes in secret. It's a very shameful pleasure, but I can't help myself. I feel like a geriatric patient everytime I eat dried prunes or dried figs

Btw talking about fruit, someone gifted me a quince. I never ate a quince. Anyone know what I can do with it? I don't wanna make jam with it

Honestly I love dried fruit and I sometimes eat dried prunes in secret. It's a very shameful pleasure, but I can't help myself. I feel like a geriatric patient everytime I eat dried prunes or dried figs

Btw talking about fruit, someone gifted me a quince. I never ate a quince. Anyone know what I can do with it? I don't wanna make jam with it
as a kid i use to eat carrots along with bugs bunny cartoons...

my mom also use to get mad at me for eating the cucumbers (id shave em and all) with a lil salt.

even when i got in trouble as a kid i was like: "Worth it" lol.

no idea what to do with a quince though lmfao

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)