SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Huh? Arceus-Legend defaults to Normal and then swaps its type when it uses Judgement. It's not every type at once
I was a bit confused on that, sorry. I'm not too too familiar with Legends.

That sounds really good then actually. Arceus-Normal is good on its own, but now it can get STAB on its coverage too at the cost of say Life Orb or Lefties or w/e else. That's really neat.

I was a bit confused on that, sorry. I'm not too too familiar with Legends.

That sounds really good then actually. Arceus-Normal is good on its own, but now it can get STAB on its coverage too at the cost of say Life Orb or Lefties or w/e else. That's really neat.
For the full way it works in Legends, and presumably will work here if they fully implement it by the time Home's update happens, is
-Normal until you use Judgement
-When you use Judgement, it will run a check to see what the most ideal type is to be, then transform into that type (then it uses Judgement)
-It remains that type until you use Judgement in a scenario where it would want to change the type (or switch out, i think it always reverts to Normal on switch)

the exception being Galarian Meowth (& Perrserker), which you get by in game trade from what Khu said
Johto Wooper is also available.
1668459226740.png
1668459248540.png

Tandemaus seems to evolve randomly by just existing. There is no animation or alert either, you just look in your party and suddenly there’s more mice.
Apparently if the mouse is used in battle then it gets an evolution screen and if it levels via passive EXP share then it doesn't. Also it requires EXP from battling and rare candies won't work, and has to hit level 25 as mentioned.

RoiDadadou

Banned deucer.
For the full way it works in Legends, and presumably will work here if they fully implement it by the time Home's update happens, is
-Normal until you use Judgement
-When you use Judgement, it will run a check to see what the most ideal type is to be, then transform into that type (then it uses Judgement)
-It remains that type until you use Judgement in a scenario where it would want to change the type (or switch out, i think it always reverts to Normal on switch)
Basically it's this :
1668459420799.png

I'd disagree with that for one reason: it's now a beefed up Beast Boost, aka it's lost on swapping out. And it doesn't come with the free buff on Water Shuriken either.
Ofc I may be wrong, but I hardly see Battle Bond really being used over just protean, you don't have that payout of "I have the transformation, now even if i'm forced out I have that scary wincon in the back the enemy has to play around".
Expecially if you're choiced, it'll be very easy to abuse and force it out, unless you're cleaning lategame, in which case you've already won most of the times.

I'm really skeptical that Greninja will make a splash when Cinderace and Meowscarada do everything he wants to do and better... except setting spikes I suppose, but Cinderace provides one of the very few easy to access hazard removals so...

I'm betting on Greninja joining Blaziken in UUBL
I believe battle bond is a sharp boost for greninja's offenses and speed after KO, which even if it goes away on switch is utterly stupid broken if you slot specs in. Yeah Cinderace is better than protean Greninja, but if Battle Bond works like I think it may it might make specs greninja OP...

Both Charmander and Raichu share a unknown field value of "9", not "6".
And yeah, I don't see any unlabelled fields in the personal table - so EXP rate/yield must be handled differently in these games.
Huh it's possible I was confusing the Essentials table with main game. Either way, that's definitely the right one and if you spit out two columns (name/shape number) I can parse it into a proper table.

If you wanted to triple-check for colour, Pikachu and Raichu both fall under "Yellow", so whatever shared value that would be, and Voltorb and Charmander both fall under "Red".

Huh it's possible I was confusing the Essentials table with main game. Either way, that's definitely the right one and if you spit out two columns (name/shape number) I can parse it into a proper table.

If you wanted to triple-check for colour, Pikachu and Raichu both fall under "Yellow", so whatever shared value that would be, and Voltorb and Charmander both fall under "Red".
LOL are you an Essentials game dev trawling this thread for new data, too?

The english names are:
Code:
Paldea Champion Ribbon
Jumbo Mark
Mini Mark
Itemfinder Mark
Partner Mark
Gourmand Mark
Once-in-a-Lifetime Ribbon
Alpha Mark
Mightiest Mark
Titan Mark
OH THANK ARCEUS THEY'RE MARKS
anyway...

Oh one thing I could use confirmation on: we were not able to use X-items in story battles / gym leader fights, the game would let you use them but say they had no effect there. Potions/Revives/etc worked normally however.
Every speedrunner alive crying for help rn

Revival Blessing aside, I think we'll see a decent amount of Pawmot. 115 Attack and 105 Speed are a combo to be respected. It'll mostly be a glass cannon tho, with Wild Charge sapping HP and Close Combat lowering your defenses.
Iron Fist-boosted Thunder Punch does (a bit) more than Wild Charge, so at least you can avoid recoil that way.

As if Ubers wasn't going to be shaken up enough with Koraidon and Miraidon likely being dominant forces...

For a game whose one half is focused on the "Past", it's odd that there are zero fossil Pokemon.

Hell, Sword/Shield made it seem like the world had made conservational efforts to re-introduce the prior fossil Pokemon into the wild(To the dismay of the natural ecosystems due to their lack of natural predators).

:zonger:

Edit: I am not sure why there isn't a pastebin for the Violet entries yet however. I have seen some screenshots of them compiled by the same reddit user as the imgur album above, but not a full document.
Notable stuff:

Koraidon
Paradox Pokémon
That seals it; the box legends are also from the Books (of IMO dubious veracity), even if they aren't strictly speaking also from paranormal/dubious magazines. On another note, do we count the box legends as Paradox Pokemon, too?

Scream Tail

It resembles a mysterious Pokémon described in a paranormal magazine as a Jigglypuff from one billion years ago.
Assuming the Pokéverse of SV has a paleontological history roughly like ours, animals like Scream Tail weren't around 1 billion years ago. You had to wait until less than 700 million years ago for animals. (Intriguingly, there are findings of disc-shaped collections of perhaps Cyanobacteria from around 2.1 billion years ago, members of the Francevillian Biota...)

Sweet sheesh, that magazine even broke verisimilitude.

I don't have the game yet but I'm curious about 2 things? Can you catch Flabebe early in the game? Also, how early can you find Tinkaton or any of that line? What area are these Pokemon at on the map? Any help will be appreciated :)

Notable stuff:

That seals it; the box legends are also from the Books (of IMO dubious veracity), even if they aren't strictly speaking also from paranormal/dubious magazines. On another note, do we count the box legends as Paradox Pokemon, too?
Well, do we consider Solgaleo and Lunala Ultra Beasts since Cosmog originates from Ultra Space, and both have the Ultra Beast cry in their cry?

I'd say no, tbh.

Hell, Sword/Shield made it seem like the world had made conservational efforts to re-introduce the prior fossil Pokemon into the wild(To the dismay of the natural ecosystems due to their lack of natural predators).
I got the impression the introductions to the wild were accidents or not sanctioned, hence at least one person who grew up in the Crown Tundra not even knowing what these "rocky pokemon" were.

Well, do we consider Solgaleo and Lunala Ultra Beasts since Cosmog originates from Ultra Space, and both have the Ultra Beast cry in their cry?

I'd say no, tbh.
With the Cosmog line and Necrozma, there were a lot more ambiguities to muddy their classification. Like them not having UB-0X codenames, not having Beast Boost as an Ability, and not having the same catch modifier for Beast Balls. The games themselves only ever said that Cosmog was “hypothesized” to be an Ultra Beast, and only ever likened Necrozma to one. Other media like the anime and TCG and HOME have been all over the place with them as well.

With Koraidon and Miraidon, it seems much more clear-cut. Their categories are “Paradox Pokémon” just like all the other Paradoxes, they’re clearly supposed to be ancient/robotic variations of Cyclizar (like how Great Tusk and Iron Treads are to Donphan), they’re literally on the covers of the Scarlet Book and Violet Book, and their Pokédex entries even give them cryptid-esque names like the names of the other Paradoxes. (Koraidon’s is Winged King; I haven’t seen Miraidon’s Violet entry yet but it’s probably safe to say it gets one there.)

Iron Fist-boosted Thunder Punch does (a bit) more than Wild Charge, so at least you can avoid recoil that way.
Actually, now that you mention it, it hits exactly as hard as Wild Charge but will hit even harder with the new Punching Glove item. Hmmmmm.... Perhaps a set of

Pawmot @ Punching Glove
Jolly Nature
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
-Thunder Punch
-Close Combat
-Fake Out
-Nuzzle

Since they are known as the Paradox Pokémon in the Pokédex just like Scream Tail and the like, I'd say yes

The english names are:
Code:
Paldea Champion Ribbon
Jumbo Mark
Mini Mark
Itemfinder Mark
Partner Mark
Gourmand Mark
Once-in-a-Lifetime Ribbon
Alpha Mark
Mightiest Mark
Titan Mark
Ah, missed this. So it’s confirmed: returning Pokemon will basically only have access to one new ribbon (the obligatory champion ribbon). Which ties SV with FRLG in third with the fewest new ribbons, after BW and BW2 with literally zero ribbons.

Neet.

:psycry:

One bonus I guess: SV will be the quickest I’ve even updated the ribbons on my mons lol. Getting my available mons through BDSP is set to take two more years at a min thanks to the daily ribbon, so I guess it balances out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)