Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

Does somebody knows what this weird flower means?
That is a nature mint.
The Japanese site has a page on mystery gifts showing various small screenshots of the ingame process, giving us a first look at some screens, but not the whole X menu.
https://www.pokemon.co.jp/support-sp/uketori_sv.html

View attachment 463302View attachment 463301View attachment 463300View attachment 463303
Some screens of the Mystery Gift menu.
View attachment 463296View attachment 463297View attachment 463298
Here's the PC box with Pikachu, the bag with 100 Poke Balls, and clothes.
It turns out that the Chinese version of the site has these images in fuller resolution, so here's a better look.
https://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/sv/sc/lineup/receive/
https://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/sv/tc/lineup/receive/

1667921655796.png

1667921660558.png

Notably these box screenshots were leaked in English last week and thought to be a sign of the game out in the wild at first, but I guess they were just promotional pictures.

1667921899045.png
1667921905406.png

A full look at the bag and pumpkins. Seems like we have medicine, pokeballs, battle items, berries, other items, TMs, TM material, treasures, cooking material?, and key items as categories.
1667921948366.png
1667921959176.png

And a similar clothing menu to SWSH but in the overworld this time. The rotom phone looks like it has a section at the end here too.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
That is a nature mint.

It turns out that the Chinese version of the site has these images in fuller resolution, so here's a better look.

View attachment 463309
View attachment 463310
Notably these box screenshots were leaked in English last week and thought to be a sign of the game out in the wild at first, but I guess they were just promotional pictures.

View attachment 463311View attachment 463312
A full look at the bag and pumpkins. Seems like we have medicine, pokeballs, battle items, berries, other items, TMs, TM material, treasures, cooking material?, and key items as categories.
View attachment 463313View attachment 463314
And a similar clothing menu to SWSH but in the overworld this time. The rotom phone looks like it has a section at the end here too.
That Boltund logo is literally identical to SWSH. Interesting little slice of continuity

It's odd that the Grass crown is pictured and not the Electric crown. I assume from the wording that it's not going to just be Grass, Fire, and Water, but I would have thought if they were gonna promote it with a series of three screenshots they would have done a callback to the original three Eeveelutions. I guess they want to hold off on revealing the Electric crown, for some reason? (I don't think we've seen the Electric crown, right? Am I forgetting something?) It's weird that they're being stingy with the crown reveals at all. They introduced the mechanic with Grass, Fire, Water, Normal, and Flying, and since then I think they've only ever showed Ghost and now Dragon.
Probably went with those 3 because they are the starter's types.

The Korean version of this site just spliced together these screenshots into one place so they're also pretty low resolution.
1667922270726.png

In the trailer itself we saw Ceruledge using what looks like Flare Blitz at 1:54.
1667922811772.png
1667922832398.png

Also in the live action trailer from earlier Lucario was seen using Dragon Pulse which is old, but this time it uses what looks like probably the dragon type Tera Blast.
1667922731722.png

One move I can't identify here though is Cetitan doing an icy spin attack at 3 minutes that leaves a trail and makes direct contact. When you put it that way it sounds like Triple Axel, but the SWSH animation was a lot simpler like most of the multihit moves and I don't see Cetitan being the type.
cetitanspin.gif

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
The Korean version of this site just spliced together these screenshots into one place so they're also pretty low resolution.
View attachment 463321

In the trailer itself we saw Ceruledge using what looks like Flare Blitz at 1:54.
View attachment 463327View attachment 463328
Also in the live action trailer from earlier Lucario was seen using Dragon Pulse which is old, but this time it uses what looks like probably the dragon type Tera Blast.
View attachment 463326

One move I can't identify here though is Cetitan doing an icy spin attack at 3 minutes that leaves a trail and makes direct contact. When you put it that way it sounds like Triple Axel, but the SWSH animation was a lot simpler like most of the multihit moves and I don't see Cetitan being the type.
View attachment 463329
Now's as good a time as any to point out that Lucario has received a stance change! A bit hard to see in this gif, but its left arm is pointed towards the opponent, ready for a scrap. This is especially interesting seeing as at the reveal they showed it using its old stand.

Between this and the newly grounded guys like Charizard and Tropius it seems they really got serious about going back and cleaning up some of the iffier idles. Cool and good.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
I’m curious about these books. There doesn’t look like to be an uncharted area of Paldea except for the giant swirly cloud world in the middle.
The Donphan pictures in the books do look like they were taken in some sort of foggy jungle. Would make sense to me if the middle area is a foggy place where these cryptid-like forms live since that would explain why people don't really know these two mons - they are found in a remote area where its also hard to see

I would have guessed they might tease the Donphans here, although they showed a bit less than I was hoping for. From what I can see, my decision on version remains very difficult... the future mon aesthetic is much more up my alley than the past mon because it basically looks like a Transformer, but there's a mon in Scarlet that I very much need to see before I can decide. Guess I'll continue to wait for the datamine...

The Donphan pictures in the books do look like they were taken in some sort of foggy jungle. Would make sense to me if the middle area is a foggy place where these cryptid-like forms live since that would explain why people don't really know these two mons - they are found in a remote area where its also hard to see
Pretty sure the foggy area is the giant crater in the center of the region.

Does somebody knows what this weird flower means?
I think it's a mint, items introduced in the Sword and Shield DLC that sort-of change Pokémon's natures.

EDIT: This is why I should read all the replies before replying.

Anyway, I noticed that on the website, they avoid calling the Donphan forms "Pokémon", which makes me wonder if there's going to be a mystery element like with the Ultra Beasts.

1667925615196.png

1667925647829.png

We got 2 different angles of this blue/white laser move coming from Grafaiai in the Dragapult raid scene. While it could be the normal tera beam, I'm not so sure because it's used in the shot where nobody is terastallized, though I guess it could be the base form. If anything I think this would be Ice Beam to counter the dragon raid, though there aren't really noticeable ice effects on hit with all the tera effects.

Makes me wonder if it’s some alternate reality, or wormhole of some sort to past/future Paldea? Although the latter wouldn’t really make sense, as it would just make them time-based regional variants like the Hisui ones.

Last edited:
Some people were curious if the Mark and TItle system were coming back from SWSH and the answer is: yes
I didn't expect them to remove it, but thank goodness it's the Mightiest Mark and not the Mightiest Ribbon for the sake of being completionist.

GF plugged everything up with one MAJOR exception.
Bird up. :wo:
Really? We're still talking about the parakeet? Now I'm going to have to train a 6IV one to Level 100 because of all this. :changry:

Had to double-check the attachment to make sure you hadn't snuck in another parakeet.

but there's a mon in Scarlet that I very much need to see before I can decide.
salamence reveal when
(sorry)

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
yes
one of the notes even says one of them murdered a person lol
Curious if that is what they meant. Yes, a wound that leads to death can be called a "mortal wound"... but at times I wonder if that was what was intended or they just wanted to use a word that sounded alarming.

Like with the reveal of Greavard, yeah the girl had life energy drained and faints... but that's all we know that happened. Now, it's possible she died, but that would mean Greavard stayed by her side until her life energy was all absorbed. But I got a feeling that, after the girl faints, the happy pupper which Greavard is presented would get bored of the non-moving person and find something else to do, thus all that happened to her is she spent the night sleeping on the ground.

Similarly, when we had the Hisuian Zorua & Zoroark reveal, the researcher in that video (who might have been Professor Laventon) gets attacked by Zoroark and the camera is left on the ground, but we do hear would could be footsteps in the snow meaning they ran away from the shadow monster that suddenly appeared.

Now, note both of the above are Ghost-type Pokemon, which you would expect stuff like this to be connected to with ghost stories and all. But, it might just me, I just can't take them going "oh by the way this new Donphan totally gored a guy" serious. It feels unnecessary, like as if normal Donphan couldn't be taken as a dangerous threat so they had to make it extra sure we know this one was. So they said it gave someone a fatal wound. Wait, "fatal" too specific and implies the guy most definitely died? Okay, um, what about "mortal" wound. Like, yeah, sure he could die from it, but if treated immediately and rushed to a nearby medical facility could survive. Not the technical meaning of "mortal wound", but that's the sort of feeling I get from the use here.

https://scarletviolet.pokemon.com/en-us/news/rotom_phone_case/

The save file bonuses this time are phone cases for the Rotom Phone.

Some cute ones in there
Cute, but are these the only way we can change the Rotom Phone cases? Like, I would at the very least like to choose to color mine differently as we've seen other characters having different colored ones both in-game and other media.

"Sounds more effort than worth it". Than why bother doing it for the save file bonuses? Why not just give us some special Pokemon? This makes it seem like the Pokedex will be more present than previously, and if so I wouldn't mind at the very least changing the color of the basic phone if not having some design cases just available in the game.

It's odd that the Grass crown is pictured and not the Electric crown. I assume from the wording that it's not going to just be Grass, Fire, and Water, but I would have thought if they were gonna promote it with a series of three screenshots they would have done a callback to the original three Eeveelutions. I guess they want to hold off on revealing the Electric crown, for some reason?
Guess they think with Tera Type being the new super mechanic that one of the "draws" would be what each Type's crown would look like. Not in the sense that'll get people to buy the game, but rather have it just be another little "surprise" factor which GF love to do. Like we have an Electric-type Gym Leader, so we have two scenarios where we'll see the Electric-type Tera Crown: Lucky enough to have gotten it as a Raid Battle or against Iono's Tera Pokemon. Eitherway its a surprise (unless you spoil yourself and look it up). The ones they revealed so far likely were very carefully picked. Grass, Fire & Water cause they're the Starter types. Flying because of the Event Pikachu. Ghost as both a teaser but also a nostalgia pander. And finally now Dragon as this is likely the last one we'll see so ending off on a "strong" one.

I’m curious about these books. There doesn’t look like to be an uncharted area of Paldea except for the giant swirly cloud world in the middle. Also the book being from a long long time ago and yet they came across future Donphan? Something’s not right!
Yeah, and now seeing Koraidon and Miraidon came out of the swirling clouds makes me wonder what exactly is being implied to be under the clouds. Like, I suspected we'd probably be going in there, but never really gave it much thought what it would be. The "past" and "future" theme didn't occur to me that it might play a role. But while I could see the "past" being based on an prehistoric jungle, not sure what a "future" one could be that would just be something inside a volcano (even if we take it to being a giant portal thus it's not exactly something that's down there). Like, maybe a Horizon thing where it is a robotic future sans humans?

That Boltund logo is literally identical to SWSH. Interesting little slice of continuity
Yeah, I was surprised to see that too. I would have never guessed the Branding thing was going to be a feature that was held over, being it was meant to showcase how commercialized Galar was (the Gyms, Leon wears a cape because he has so many sponsors, etc.). Now this makes me wonder if PokeJobs are also going to be back. While they used different logos from the clothing brands (though there was of course some crossover), it was still the same concept thus if they're keeping the brand logos maybe bring back the feature which also used them which was somewhat critically praised for technically having something the player could be having all their PC Pokemon be doing.

Now's as good a time as any to point out that Lucario has received a stance change! A bit hard to see in this gif, but its left arm is pointed towards the opponent, ready for a scrap. This is especially interesting seeing as at the reveal they showed it using its old stand.

Between this and the newly grounded guys like Charizard and Tropius it seems they really got serious about going back and cleaning up some of the iffier idles. Cool and good.
YES! Please GF, go back and make the Pokemon poses be dynamic! :blobwizard:

Come on all - let's not get confused between the two threads..
Okay, so I'm not the only one confused about RoiDadadou saying he was updating a doc that's not on this thread.

RoiDadadou

Nothing less... from a king.
is a Pre-Contributor
Curious if that is what they meant. Yes, a wound that leads to death can be called a "mortal wound"... but at times I wonder if that was what was intended or they just wanted to use a word that sounded alarming.

Like with the reveal of Greavard, yeah the girl had life energy drained and faints... but that's all we know that happened. Now, it's possible she died, but that would mean Greavard stayed by her side until her life energy was all absorbed. But I got a feeling that, after the girl faints, the happy pupper which Greavard is presented would get bored of the non-moving person and find something else to do, thus all that happened to her is she spent the night sleeping on the ground.

Similarly, when we had the Hisuian Zorua & Zoroark reveal, the researcher in that video (who might have been Professor Laventon) gets attacked by Zoroark and the camera is left on the ground, but we do hear would could be footsteps in the snow meaning they ran away from the shadow monster that suddenly appeared.

Now, note both of the above are Ghost-type Pokemon, which you would expect stuff like this to be connected to with ghost stories and all. But, it might just me, I just can't take them going "oh by the way this new Donphan totally gored a guy" serious. It feels unnecessary, like as if normal Donphan couldn't be taken as a dangerous threat so they had to make it extra sure we know this one was. So they said it gave someone a fatal wound. Wait, "fatal" too specific and implies the guy most definitely died? Okay, um, what about "mortal" wound. Like, yeah, sure he could die from it, but if treated immediately and rushed to a nearby medical facility could survive. Not the technical meaning of "mortal wound", but that's the sort of feeling I get from the use here.

Cute, but are these the only way we can change the Rotom Phone cases? Like, I would at the very least like to choose to color mine differently as we've seen other characters having different colored ones both in-game and other media.

"Sounds more effort than worth it". Than why bother doing it for the save file bonuses? Why not just give us some special Pokemon? This makes it seem like the Pokedex will be more present than previously, and if so I wouldn't mind at the very least changing the color of the basic phone if not having some design cases just available in the game.

Guess they think with Tera Type being the new super mechanic that one of the "draws" would be what each Type's crown would look like. Not in the sense that'll get people to buy the game, but rather have it just be another little "surprise" factor which GF love to do. Like we have an Electric-type Gym Leader, so we have two scenarios where we'll see the Electric-type Tera Crown: Lucky enough to have gotten it as a Raid Battle or against Iono's Tera Pokemon. Eitherway its a surprise (unless you spoil yourself and look it up). The ones they revealed so far likely were very carefully picked. Grass, Fire & Water cause they're the Starter types. Flying because of the Event Pikachu. Ghost as both a teaser but also a nostalgia pander. And finally now Dragon as this is likely the last one we'll see so ending off on a "strong" one.

Yeah, and now seeing Koraidon and Miraidon came out of the swirling clouds makes me wonder what exactly is being implied to be under the clouds. Like, I suspected we'd probably be going in there, but never really gave it much thought what it would be. The "past" and "future" theme didn't occur to me that it might play a role. But while I could see the "past" being based on an prehistoric jungle, not sure what a "future" one could be that would just be something inside a volcano (even if we take it to being a giant portal thus it's not exactly something that's down there). Like, maybe a Horizon thing where it is a robotic future sans humans?

Yeah, I was surprised to see that too. I would have never guessed the Branding thing was going to be a feature that was held over, being it was meant to showcase how commercialized Galar was (the Gyms, Leon wears a cape because he has so many sponsors, etc.). Now this makes me wonder if PokeJobs are also going to be back. While they used different logos from the clothing brands (though there was of course some crossover), it was still the same concept thus if they're keeping the brand logos maybe bring back the feature which also used them which was somewhat critically praised for technically having something the player could be having all their PC Pokemon be doing.

YES! Please GF, go back and make the Pokemon poses be dynamic! :blobwizard:

Okay, so I'm not the only one confused about RoiDadadou saying he was updating a doc that's not on this thread.
I actually posted it early on for supposition on the thread, but since it's now leaks territory, it's not advised on here.

Greavard would absolutely stay by her side. A good dog would not abandon someone like that, and Greavard is unfortunately a good dog.

In any case, Pokemon flavor text has historically been much more graphic and violent than the games are comfortable visually depicting. See all the Pokedex entries about ripping living creatures to shreds.

"We're not going to show a ghost dog sapping the last remaining energy from someone as she slowly fades from this mortal coil, but a big elephant whose feats exist mostly in ancient texts? Yeah, it absolutely murked a guy, just trust us."

In any case, Pokemon flavor text has historically been much more graphic and violent than the games are comfortable visually depicting. See all the Pokedex entries about ripping living creatures to shreds.
Legend Arceus wants a word with you.

Albeith not tecnically seen on screen, Pokemon in Arceus are definitely pictured as feral and even having killed people, and I distinctly remind my very first impression of the game being going through the tutorial and not-Cyrus be like "by the way if you fail our test we'll kick you and leave you to die to the pokemon outside"

Legend Arceus wants a word with you.

Albeith not tecnically seen on screen, Pokemon in Arceus are definitely pictured as feral and even having killed people, and I distinctly remind my very first impression of the game being going through the tutorial and not-Cyrus be like "by the way if you fail our test we'll kick you and leave you to die to the pokemon outside"
Like I said, the text of Pokemon has always been violent, but the grisly acts are never actually shown on-screen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)