Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
Tera Blast is great, hopefully it also changes category. I also like that you can't just give Ice Beam to anything because it only changes type when Terastallized. The Mirror Herb looks very scary, probably only used on Pokemon that naturally check common boosters so you get your free switch-in to steal the boost. We also get to see what the Ghost crown is. Assuming Cyclizar evolves into the legendary Koraidon officially gets Shift Gear oh no. Shed Tail is incredible and assuming other snake Pokemon get it it'll be a massive buff to fast snakey things idk any examples right now. Loaded Dice are mediocre.

New Pokemon Cyclizar. Looks like a lizard but also a bicycle. Anyone's guess what this could evolve into...
Give me Dragapult and Drampa's kid, right now.

Btw I am still interested by the fact these battles don't have pokemon level shown. I wonder if there really is a mechanic that "kinda like VGC" equalizes pokemon level, which would probably be used for the "story battles" to solve the level issue.

Also uuuh Water Tera Coalassal unironically looks like a pretty dumb thing. Can't wait.

RoiDadadou

Nothing less... from a king.
is a Tiering Contributor
My thoughts on the new things :
1661098036871.png

Cap. So fricking good, maybe Smogon will ban it, but it's so interesting to see. Also the Legendaries get those, so, hum, yeah, fuck Gen 9 Ubers.

1661098068111.png

BRELOOM IS BACK LET'S GOOO ! I like this item a lot, a bit gimmicky but still plenty useful for Technician users.

1661098109365.png

May be too broken, I don't know, definitely shouldn't have shown this in front of Ditto, now the poor guy is crying...

1661098145854.png

Predictable, and no, it's not broken. It's even less broken than HP was, because you now need to commit to your change of type in order to use it, losing all of your natural STABs.

Great news as a whole, I like this batch very much !

POST : Didn't see the Cover Cloak, it's a really cool item.

Last edited:

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned deucer.
Technician Loaded Dice Cincinno with Fire Tera Blast to deal with its Steel switchins is the first thing that came to mind and something that would be nice.

However, that's assuming Mincinno is even in the game in the first place.

Feels strange they're using competitive aspects as advertising material NOW of all times. They didn't really show much to care before to appeal to that side. What changed?

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
Dragapult is extremely terrifying with a potential Shed Tail, it can switch to allies even free-er than with U-Turn and Pokemon like it also love to be on the receiving end of one to pivot around with impunity. Other stuff like Helioisk are probably still unviable. Miraidon could be a demonically good offensive Shed Tail pivot with its probable high Speed, although it might prefer Volt Switch.

New attack, Shed Tail. Switches with a party member while also making a Substitute. Smogon tried to ban it, but those mad men brought dry passing back.
My thoughts on the new things :
1661098036871.png

Cap. So fricking good, maybe Smogon will ban it, but it's so interesting to see.
I was going to say "well it kinda depends on who even learns this move, could be a low distribution move with no good users"

And then it dawned to me...

Hey guys, remember that one pokemon (actually 2 of them) known for having its tail actually eaten as food, who also happen to have fucked up OU completely with a regen port combo... :psysly:

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
https://scarletviolet.pokemon.com/en-us/news/battle_stadium/
https://scarletviolet.pokemon.com/en-us/news/master_terastal/
https://scarletviolet.pokemon.com/en-us/news/new_items/
The website confirms the Covert Cloak item as well, acting as a Shield Dust.
This hooded cloak conceals the holder, protecting it from the additional effects of moves.
Image description. Change this, but don't leave it blank.'t leave it blank.
Image description. Change this, but don't leave it blank.'t leave it blank.
I wonder if this may actually remove fake out from vgc, they have item clause so it may not be that huge.
May also be great to counter entei/ho-oh in some tiers among some other niche uses like anti nuzzle in bh, but who know really.
Technician Loaded Dice Cincinno with Fire Tera Blast to deal with its Steel switchins is the first thing that came to mind and something that would be nice.

However, that's assuming Mincinno is even in the game in the first place.

Feels strange they're using competitive aspects as advertising material NOW of all times. They didn't really show much to care before to appeal to that side. What changed?
I mean, is right after the biggest competitive event, it seems smart to use something people there are interested to watch.

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned deucer.
The fact they've been actively trying to push pokemon as E-sport has changed, pretty much.

Definitely more interesting than presenting a stupid fighting type crab at the world finals...
If that's the case, maybe now they'll actually do something about that enforced 20 minute online timer by preferrably not having it be there. It's no secret everyone hated it and their first response towards its vocal criticism was to do nothing and keep it in the next game that had online battles.

I certainly hope they ditch it.

I wonder if this may actually remove fake out from vgc, they have item clause so it may not be that huge.
May also be great to counter entei/ho-oh in some tiers among some other niche uses like anti nuzzle in bh, but who know really.
Remove not really, but certain fast pokes who are otherwise countered by Fake Out and don't necessarly need a Life Orb or similar items may actually change the meta in a way you're not just assuming to get the free turn by using Fake Out.
Also people are thinking of Fake Out but this also removes stuff like being Scalded, paralyzed off random electric attacks, flinches from rock slide, etc.
The item has a TON of potential.

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
I was going to say "well it kinda depends on who even learns this move, could be a low distribution move with no good users"

And then it dawned to me...

Hey guys, remember that one pokemon (actually 2 of them) known for having its tail actually eaten as food, who also happen to have fucked up OU completely with a regen port combo... :psysly:
Slowbro used Shed Tail!
Congratulations! Your Slowbro devolved into Slowpoke!

Dragapult is extremely terrifying with a potential Shed Tail, it can switch to allies even free-er than with U-Turn and Pokemon like it also love to be on the receiving end of one to pivot around with impunity. Other stuff like Helioisk are probably still unviable. Miraidon could be a demonically good offensive Shed Tail pivot with its probable high Speed, although it might prefer Volt Switch.
As mentioned, slow is probably better than fast. Fast gets you a safe switch. Slow gets a safe switch PLUS a free turn. 1 free turn to attack or Swords Dance is incredibly dangerous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)