SPOILERS! Pokemon Legends: Arceus *Leak Thread*

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Electivire's problems these days stem from a combination of things that make it "not good enough". Not only does it lack a good STAB outside of Wild Charge, it relies on either low BP coverage moves or coverage that comes off its weaker offensive stat to hit its switch ins, and it has no way to boost it's own power like say, Swords Dance or something, so it fails as a wallbreaker. And it's not fast enough to sweep, 95 isn't a good mark to hit in that regard.

In other words, as a whole it's "not strong enough" and it's "not fast enough". Not strong enough to nuke or wallbreak, not fast enough to be a sweeper.

Extremely unlikely. Transfering TO Legends would cause a data loss, and they don't allow transfers that do it.

Transfers that actually do (es, from Let's Go to gen 8) are always one-way.

Since we know you can transfer *from* Legends, it's almost guaranteed it'll work like Let's Go, where once you move to Home, if you move it to any gen 8 game it can't go back (may even be straight up one way only to Home)
I’m inclined to believe that you’ll be able to move Pokémon to and from HOME using Legends if the Pokémon in question was caught in Legends and hasn’t moved to SS or BDSP yet. This way Legends can take advantage of the GTS on the mobile app just like LGPE was able to once HOME became available.

At the same time, the strange new Poké Ball icon that resembles modern ones that was found in Legends’ data suggests to me that it’s tied to transfer somehow. Maybe all Legends Pokémon will go into that ball when moving to HOME or SS/BDSP? Or has the function of that new modern-style Poké Ball already been discovered?

At the same time, the strange new Poké Ball icon that resembles modern ones that was found in Legends’ data suggests to me that it’s tied to transfer somehow. Maybe all Legends Pokémon will go into that ball when moving to HOME or SS/BDSP? Or has the function of that new modern-style Poké Ball already been discovered?
Apparently it was found in BDSP which supports this theory. There's not much information on it though since the source was apparently Eclipse who is currently suspended.
1642798787740.png
1642798764857.png

What data loss are you thinking would happen, exactly?
By transferring to games that don't have the "regular" pokemon data structure, you will easily lose data about
- Abilities
- Ribbons (and Titles now since gen 8)
- Egg moves / tutored moves
- EVs if they dont work in same way (see Let's Go)
- Moves literally missing from the game
- Other miscellaneous data structure that I can't remind and very likely isn't in the various "lesser" games.

The only time it was possible to transfer "backward" to a game with less data in the pokemon structure was in gen 1-2, and it requires a particularly complicate system to guarantee that the gen 2 games could "pretend" to be gen 1 games and not accidentally send corrupted data back.

There's a reason for which you can only send "forward" since when Pokemon Bank exists, and the same reason for which you can transfer from Let's Go but not TO let's go.

Last edited:
So I've kind of glazed over all the move stuff other than changes that were posted here, how do missing moves work in this game?

ARe they just "This move must be dleted etc etc" or is it they are not there at all?

if it's the latter than that kind of feels, regardless of other factors, like the nail in the coffin. It'd be relatively trivial to include empty moves, yeah? Set them to not used, give them the boilerplate description, offer some way to delete moves (even if its just as simple as overwriting them with a different move rather than dedicated move deleter) and then leave it up to the user on if you want to bother deleting in that game or not. It's how BDSP is set up. If that set up isnt there then it'd mean you would have to delete the moves ahead of time, THEN put them in Home THEN transfer to LA otherwise you couldn't even bring them in to begin with (Home would just block it)

Extremely unlikely. Transfering TO Legends would cause a data loss, and they don't allow transfers that do it.

Transfers that actually do (es, from Let's Go to gen 8) are always one-way.

Since we know you can transfer *from* Legends, it's almost guaranteed it'll work like Let's Go, where once you move to Home, if you move it to any gen 8 game it can't go back (may even be straight up one way only to Home)
Yes, that's the most likely scenario, though I wouldn't be surprised if they made things simple enough for mons to be adapted into Legends' new stat mechanics as some sort of beta to Gen 9.

Speaking of which...

I miss Intimidate so much... :psycry:
It's like they actually expect people to pick mons that actually have defensive stats to tank, this is outrageous! :psysly:

By the way, y'all heard about how the Tutor and Relearners work in this game? It's beautiful. This might be Luxray's best in-game performance EVER.

if it's the latter than that kind of feels, regardless of other factors, like the nail in the coffin. It'd be relatively trivial to include empty moves, yeah? Set them to not used, give them the boilerplate description, offer some way to delete moves (even if its just as simple as overwriting them with a different move rather than dedicated move deleter) and then leave it up to the user on if you want to bother deleting in that game or not. It's how BDSP is set up. If that set up isnt there then it'd mean you would have to delete the moves ahead of time, THEN put them in Home THEN transfer to LA otherwise you couldn't even bring them in to begin with (Home would just block it)
This kind of complications is why I don't exactly expect any "to" LA and only from.

If GF is consistent with how their main series , good chance that any move that's in LA but not the following games would get the Z-move and LGPE treatment, aka the id and name are there but the moves do absolutely nothing.

Though to be fair I expect the new moves in LA to actually be in gen 9. They aren't super broken special moves like the LGPE starter ones, so no reason to remove.

It's like they actually expect people to pick mons that actually have defensive stats to tank, this is outrageous! :psysly:
Unthinkable, we need to riot.
(ngl actually having a reason to use bulky pokes in game, yes including you Avalugg, would be nice)

Whats the difference between swsh tutors and relearners? People talked about picking any move you wanted, but I thought thats how swsh already worked. This is a genuine question, I havent had time to follow some of the leaks

So I've kind of glazed over all the move stuff other than changes that were posted here, how do missing moves work in this game?

ARe they just "This move must be dleted etc etc" or is it they are not there at all?

If you look at the spreadsheet, it's the same as SwSh, the move is unusable but still exists in the list with its name and such.

By transferring to games that don't have the "regular" pokemon data structure, you will easily lose data about
- Abilities
- Ribbons (and Titles now since gen 8)
- Egg moves / tutored moves
- EVs if they dont work in same way (see Let's Go)
- Other miscellaneous data structure that I can't remind and very likely isn't in the various "lesser" games.

The only time it was possible to transfer "backward" to a game with less data in the pokemon structure was in gen 1-2, and it requires a particularly complicate system to guarantee that the gen 2 games could "pretend" to be gen 1 games and not accidentally send corrupted data back.

There's a reason for which you can only send "forward" since when Pokemon Bank exists, and the same reason for which you can transfer from Let's Go but not TO let's go.
Have we seen the actual Pokemon data, as in the data of an individual Pokemon not the species data? Because that affects some, but not all of what I'm about to say.
  • Abilities: I sincerely doubt they'd have bothered assigning them to the new forms and Pokemon if they weren't decided by PLA on generation. Pokemon in Let's Go have abilities internally, they just don't do anything and can't be seen from inside Let's Go, but they have them and will always have the same one when transferred between Let's Go and Home for GTS purposes.
  • Egg/Tutor Moves: These go in the Pokemon's relearner buffer in the real games, and given we know there are tutors in PLA I guarentee that's still intact.
  • Missing Moves: The removed moves still exist they just can't be used, same as SwSh and BDSP.
EVs and Ribbons are slightly different, though the game could easily still track them without them doing anything or the player being able to know they exist. This literally happens with Ribbons in FRLG.

(ngl actually having a reason to use bulky pokes in game, yes including you Avalugg, would be nice)
I've seen mons use Agile Style to set up a double and bonk people with Strong Style followups, and wild Stunky use the gap of a player's Strong move to combo Poison Gas and Venoshock before the player could act.

Trust me, you will want some sort of defensive backbone on your team in this game for the battles you can't afford to run from.

This kind of complications is why I don't exactly expect any "to" LA and only from.

If GF is consistent with how their main series , good chance that any move that's in LA but not the following games would get the Z-move and LGPE treatment, aka the id and name are there but the moves do absolutely nothing.

Though to be fair I expect the new moves in LA to actually be in gen 9. They aren't super broken special moves like the LGPE starter ones, so no reason to remove.

I am expecting Frostbite to replace Freeze in future games since Freeze is the most RNG status condition, as well as to bring more parity between special and physical types. I think they'll revamp the Ice Type completely so that more moves will have a higher chance of inflicting frostbite to reflect this change.

Whats the difference between swsh tutors and relearners? People talked about picking any move you wanted, but I thought thats how swsh already worked. This is a genuine question, I havent had time to follow some of the leaks
In SWSH you could relearn moves one at a time for free at Pokemon Centers.
In PLA you can access your entire accessible movepool from the party menu and completely swap out movesets at any time.
PLA also has a tutor that can style moves and teach various moves for money.

I am expecting Frostbite to replace Freeze in future games since Freeze is the most RNG status condition, as well as to bring more parity between special and physical types. I think they'll revamp the Ice Type completely so that more moves will have a higher chance of inflicting frostbite to reflect this change.
Let me be honest, I think this is just some heavy dose of COPIUM :P

I dont see the status changing in any way in regular games. They have no reason to.

The only reason for these revamped status are cause... you know... this is meant to be a bit more 1v1 oriented RPG, and landing a Freeze or Sleep on opponent Alpha or Noble would... basically be a istawin.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)