DLC2 Crown Tundra Speculation Thread [SPOILERS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
No one said it would be irrelevant, with way more competition on both the physical and speak side it was assumed dragapult would lean more into what it can do that no one else can. U-Turn
You said you don't know why would you run a non Scarf special set. And Special pult will most likely be the best one, as it still hits hard and can revenge almost all of the tier

The difference between banded strong jaw vish and banded sand rush zolt is an extra choice band on the vish attack (strong jaw boosted 1.5x). The differences is a 573.75 BP Water move vs a 382.25 BP electric move. Also, electric has better checks in ground types.
That's true, but CB Dracovish speed tier was pretty bad causing it to be mediocre against offensive teams once you knew it wasn't Scarf whereas Rush Zolt outspeeds nearly the entire unboosted metagame and many relevant Scarf users. I'm not saying it's gonna be great or anything but it definitely has key advantages over CB Vish (even if the latter is overall superior)

That's true, but CB Dracovish speed tier was pretty bad causing it to be mediocre against offensive teams once you knew it wasn't Scarf whereas Rush Zolt outspeeds nearly the entire unboosted metagame and many relevant Scarf users. I'm not saying it's gonna be great or anything but it definitely has key advantages over CB Vish (even if the latter is overall superior)
However, band's main thing was breaking walls, not sweeping, or punishing switches. It 2 shot phys def pex...

252+ Atk Choice Band Strong Jaw Dracovish Fishious Rend (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 141-167 (46.3 - 54.9%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery

That's a resisted hit... It broke down so many walls. It basically 2 shots the entire format. Speed could be bolstered by webs.
Rush zolt can do a bit more with the speed, but banded vish was brutal because it just prevented switch ins from all but counters. And then, banded fishy rend could still muster a lot of damage unboosted, thanks to strong jaw.

You said you don't know why would you run a non Scarf special set. And Special pult will most likely be the best one, as it still hits hard and can revenge almost all of the tier
And if you’re running it because it’s a great pivot and offensive Pokémon, I don’t see why’d you’d you a special set for a reason other than u-turn when ghost horse and latios are likely more offensive threats

And if you’re running it because it’s a great pivot and offensive Pokémon, I don’t see why’d you’d you a special set for a reason other than u-turn when ghost horse and latios are likely more offensive threats
I believe it's because generally it's significantly harder for teams to have switchins to Specs Shadow Balls, compared to Specs Psychics or Dracos.

edit: I don't think U-turn is a "necessity or don't use Pult" thing. I've seen Specs sets with Draco, status move, Hex, and Flamethrower. The instantly damaging fire move is nice to hit things like Corv hard in 1 turn instead of 2 turns, or to hit like Zone behind a sub with Infiltrator

And if you wanna rattle off high powered ghost moves, the ghost horse barring a shitty speed will be the better option.

im just not sure I see the special sweeper role in pults future anymore

Do we have any stats on the new mons? Also idk if this is the right channel for this but do we know when it's gonna be added to showdown?

shadowpea

everyone is lonely sometimes
is a Tiering Contributor
Do we have any stats on the new mons? Also idk if this is the right channel for this but do we know when it's gonna be added to showdown?
Well, there was maintainence stuff between 7pm EST on October 22 to 12am EST on October 23, so it's not even released yet. As such no one knows for sure what those stats are, and no one can add the DLC stuff on showdown.

Ghost horse has been talked about quite a bit, but what do you guys think about ice horse? I know ice is an atrocious defensive typing, but it's one of the very best offensive typings out there, so maybe we'll finally have a glass cannon special ice type that the type was basically meant for. I'm really, really looking forward to use ice horse, and whichever tier it ends up in I guarentee you you'll find me playing there sometimes (unless it have some trashy speed like Mudsdale)

EDIT: I learned the names of the horses, being Glastrier (ice) and Spectrier (ghost). Glastrier apparently have an ability called Chilling Neigh, which is just a Moxie clone (dang - it's probably gonna be a physical attacker then. Still gonna look forward to it tho). Likewise, Spectrier have Grim Neigh, which is a Soul-Heart clone (which means that it might take Pult's role as a special sweeper)

Likewise, Spectrier have Grim Neigh, which is a Soul-Heart clone (which means that it might take Pult's role as a special sweeper)
Not quite. It's a special Moxie, meaning it needs to land the killing blow itself. Soul-Heart, by comparison, triggers whenever anything dies including allies, which is why Magearna is so broken in Doubles.

This does have some application for singles, such as a self-sacrificial move or when an opponent dies from Toxic damage. But mostly I'm being pedantic. :p

Jirachi has been inderectly buffed. With an air ballon and special defense investment it can handle banded kyurem black, tapu lele, tapu bulu and some magearna well. It walls melmetal for a single turn, but it doesnt do much in return. It dies to leles shadow ball, but since ive seen so much "never run shadow ball lele" posts, its safe to assume they dont run shadow ball.

The main reasons jirachi has fallen are genesect and heatran. It barely scratches tran and genesect does 70% with a u-turn. Other counters include lando-i and cinderace.

Jirachi has been inderectly buffed. With an air ballon and special defense investment it can handle banded kyurem black, tapu lele, tapu bulu and some magearna well. It walls melmetal for a single turn, but it doesnt do much in return. It dies to leles shadow ball, but since ive seen so much "never run shadow ball lele" posts, its safe to assume they dont run shadow ball.

The main reasons jirachi has fallen are genesect and heatran. It barely scratches tran and genesect does 70% with a u-turn. Other counters include lando-i and cinderace.
Handling Bulu and Lele is also done by a much better mon heatran, which can also check magearna. Kyurem black wins if it's behind a sub, and even if it's not then it probably lives an uninvested iron head and KOs back. "Walls it for one turn" literally means it just lives a hit, which anything a resist and decent bulk can do anyways. Just as you said, it's not like it can do much back. Yea idk if Spdef Jirachi will blow up, and even if it does then Rillaboom will become better than Bulu because it can KO with knock, and Lele will start to run shadow ball.

shadowpea

is a Tiering Contributor
Not quite. It's a special Moxie, meaning it needs to land the killing blow itself. Soul-Heart, by comparison, triggers whenever anything dies including allies, which is why Magearna is so broken in Doubles.

This does have some application for singles, such as a self-sacrificial move or when an opponent dies from Toxic damage. But mostly I'm being pedantic. :p
Ah. I never used Mage in doubles (and I barely play at all), and in singles I just thought it was a special Moxie. Seems like it's not the case tho. (no wonder why they decided to keep it banned for DLC2 in doubles)

If true, this means that an uninvested and neutral nature Regieleki will always outspeed Timid Dragapult and Jolly Zeraora. The only thing that still outspeeds and would be in OU is Pheromosa who is probably getting quick banned. As long as it has semi-decent coverage, full invested mixed Regieleki could be hype.

Also Spectrier is borked.

shadowpea

is a Tiering Contributor
Spec: OU/Uber
Glas: UU/OU (WHY THE SUCKY SPEED WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY)
Regieleki: OU/Uber
Regidrago: idk
Gal Articuno: UU
Gal Zap: OU
Gal Moltres: UU/OU
Gal Slowking: OU

guesses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)