Headlines “Politics” [read the OP before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention he's been pretty racist as of late (which I do not understand for the life of me why after a series of national protests, people are seriously tolerating that).
The fact you can support Trump of all people and then claim to care about racism is absolutely mind-boggling

And no, Trump's "descent into undisguised fascism" is deniable. So deniable in fact that he pales in comparison to many of the far leftists in our government who are absolutely autocratic and authoritarian nut-heads. If you genuinely believe Trump is the worst threat to democracy, you wouldn't know fascism even if it hit you in the face
He has employed fascist tactics in Portland and has spoken openly against accepting the results of the election

The fact you can support Trump of all people and then claim to care about racism is absolutely mind-boggling
Do tell, I'm game.

He has employed fascist tactics in Portland and has spoken openly against accepting the results of the election
REALLY? The fact that Portland's police force cannot defend its own citizens let alone a courthouse that would had burned to the ground had feds not intervened. That is not fascism, that's protecting federal property. That is completely constitutional. How about actually looking at the footage coming out of there, then get back to me on how brutally fascist Trump is. Seriously, you're gonna have to do better than that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_views_of_Donald_Trump

Thee is no excusing these coming from the President. It is impossible to deny Trump being a racist without some serious mental gymnastics (denial). He doesn't exactly hide it, either; I'm always particularly amazed at the openly racist nature of this gem of a Tweet, posted here in its entirety:

"So interesting to see "Progressive" Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run. Why don't they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how it is done. These places need your help badly, you can't leave fast enough. I'm sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!"

I mean...wow. It's an old racist caricature come to life.

Innocent people being abducted and forced into unmarked vans, not being informed of charges against them by the arresting troops, who refused to identify themselves...that is a fascist tactic. No two ways about it.

Also, do you not mind him speaking openly against accepting the results of the election? That in and of itself is incredibly alarming

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_views_of_Donald_Trump

Thee is no excusing these coming from the President. It is impossible to deny Trump being a racist without some serious mental gymnastics (denial). You may recall this gem of a Tweet, posted here in its entirety:

"So interesting to see "Progressive" Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run. Why don't they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how it is done. These places need your help badly, you can't leave fast enough. I'm sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!"

Innocent people being abducted and forced into unmarked vans, not being informed of charges against them by the arresting troops, who refused to identify themselves...that is a fascist tactic. No two ways about it.

Also, do you not mind him speaking openly against accepting the results of the election? That in and of itself is incredibly alarming
I do remember that tweet, I spoke about it openly in another thread. That tweet is not racist. He was discussing the fact that yes, Progressive Congresswomen were completely ragging on the US. He was saying if they know so much on how to fix the wrongdoing, maybe they should help with the issues in their own countries (given they could probably use the help as it is).

I also read your wikipedia page (great source btw, definitely not afflicted by any opinion or bias given anyone can edit it). You understand that many of the points it is trying to make are extreme stretches at very best? I'll give you a few examples, starting with the Mexican immigrant section. He did not call all Mexicans rapists, criminals, druggies, etc. He did say many people like that are crossing the border and taking advantage of lax border policies (which along with sex traffickers, that's factually true). Here's another, judicial appointments. It's essentially saying he's racist for not appointing enough black judges. 9 of them to be exact. You tell me how that's racist, because that section is really picking at straws to make any feasible claim. Here's another, Hurricane Maria. He criticized Puerto Rico leadership, all the while months later, people stumbled upon entire storage units filled with essential supplies, such as water and food, all going to waste. Wikipedia claims this is racist because Andrew Cuomo thinks racism had something to do with it, without pointing to any racist remark or tendency. Here's one more, Jewish voters who support Democrats [are] "disloyal." Do you think that remark had anything to do with the fact that Ilhan Omar, a proven anti-semite, had the full defense of her party when there was a move made to censure her over her remarks? Democrats completely tolerated that and let her off the hook. A sitting congresswomen. How about Al Sharpton? Louis Farrakhan? Whose the racists here?

Great source. You really showed me twice. How about riddle me now why you (let alone the Democratic Party as a whole) is letting Biden say whatever the hell he wants with no consequences? You already avoided that question once. The part where he said "you ain't black if you don't vote for me," or "all black people think the same." That's not racist in sound?

As for the election results comment, I don't love it full disclosure, but the fact that mail-in voting is being considered on a much larger scale is a pretty scary thought given how susceptible to fraud it is. In primary mail-in ballots alone, we've already seen quite a bit of fallacies of many ballots being rejected, and even in my home state, GOP primary ballots listing the Democratic candidates. If we're gonna be protected from election interference, a major concern of the last election, it makes little sense to me as to why we're gonna make so much of the US population vote in the form that is most susceptible to fraud.

Edit: also, addressing your fascism pt. 2 comment: yes, arresting violent criminals trying to burn down a courthouse, very fascist. Are you genuinely hearing yourself? Additionally,
I recommend in particular listening to 16:21, 0:55, 2:27, and 6:29/6:39, but the entire interview with the DHS Secretary is pretty enriching.

Last edited:
Your willingness to excuse away Trump's worst qualities (with his own propaganda at that) has helped me fully understand what kind of person you are. I hope one day you will gain compassion for your fellow humans and not be fooled by the hateful, divisive rhetoric of a bigoted narcissist.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Deceit, just leave this site. Your views are disgusting and you have a sub-human level of compassion for others. Your posts are divisive, argued in bad faith, and never in any form producing constructive content. You are an actively negative influence on everyone who has to experience your presence here.

Go away.

Your willingness to excuse away Trump's worst qualities (with his own propaganda at that) has helped me fully understand what kind of person you are. I hope one day you will gain compassion for your fellow humans and not be fooled by the hateful, divisive rhetoric of a bigoted narcissist.
Yea, using a Wikipedia article was a great idea to prove me wrong. I hope you open your eyes someday and not dictate your thoughts from an echo chamber of blatant misinformation. I answered all your quarrels, and here you go and call me uncompassionate with no basis what so ever. Because I don't support far left fascism and the authoritarian bulldozing of the constitution. Sorry.

Deceit, just leave this site. Your views are disgusting and you have a sub-human level of compassion for others. Your posts are divisive, argued in bad faith, and never in any form producing constructive content. You are an actively negative influence on everyone who has to experience your presence here.

Go away.
You know what? Genuinely, please go fuck yourself. I have not argued in bad faith (quite the opposite), and I do not have a sub-human level of compassion. Frankly, I don't think half of you would know what real compassion is even if it hit you in the face. What yall think compassion is, is letting violent rioters brutalize cops and burn down federal property, under the guise of "these fascists are arresting peaceful protestors in unmarked vehicles!" Seriously, get a fucking grip and get a whiff of reality instead of believing everything you hear from CNN et. al. There is footage of just how bad these riots have become (I'm differentiating peaceful protestors from violent criminals and rioters, because they are in fact very different).

Also, I'm not sorry that I'm one conservative in a sea of leftists. That doesn't mean I'm not compassionate. How dare you.

Edit: Let's keep going on the hate and divisive point. Forget the fact that I just pointed out actually racist comments Biden has made in recent memory, and that the Democratic party is defending anti-semetic rhetoric. I'm the non-compassionate one here, you're absolutely right. The real compassionate ones are the dipshits that claim they're anti-racists all the while forwarding blatantly segregationist tendencies and racist/white supremacist ideologies.

can you support this claim with some scientific research? You know like this article https://climatenexus.org/internatio...is-agreement-experts-say-vs-white-house-says/
https://feu-us.org/behind-the-climate-pledges/

https://climateactiontracker.org/countries/usa/
"We expect US GHG emissions in 2020 will be 10%–11% lower than 2019. Restricted travel mobility has impacted the transport sector, which is responsible for the largest share of GHG nationwide, decreasing the consumption of motor gasoline by 24% in the second quarter of 2020 compared to 2019, year-over-year.

Natural gas consumption is also expected to decrease by 3% in 2020 from the 2019 average, mainly because of lower consumption in the industrial sector. Electricity consumption in the US will decline by more than 4% in 2020. The EIA estimates that coal-fired electricity generation will fall by 31% in 2020, natural gas increase by 3% and generation from renewable sources will increase by 10%."

This is all not to mention that the US's emissions of greenhouse gases and CO2 was already lowering prior to the pandemic.

I do remember that tweet, I spoke about it openly in another thread. That tweet is not racist. He was discussing the fact that yes, Progressive Congresswomen were completely ragging on the US. He was saying if they know so much on how to fix the wrongdoing, maybe they should help with the issues in their own countries (given they could probably use the help as it is).
You do realize that 3 out of the 4 people he was talking about are born in the US while the other is a naturalized citizen? "Their own countries" is therefore a very weird thing to say as their own country is the US. I'm sorry but using that phrase when talking about someone who is by all means American is racist as it suggests that some aspect of them doesn't make them a real American.

You do realize that 3 out of the 4 people he was talking about are born in the US while the other is a naturalized citizen? "Their own countries" is therefore a very weird thing to say as their own country is the US. I'm sorry but using that phrase when talking about someone who is by all means American is racist as it suggests that some aspect of them doesn't make them a real American.
Country of ancestory, better? That's my mistake. I was paraphrasing my previous post on this topic from almost a year back.

And no, I never once suggested that " some aspect of them doesnt make them a real American." They are, and I never suggested otherwise.

But that's the point right? No one ever would use that phrase when talking about, say, someone with Italian ancestors. So that Trump, and by extension you, phrased it that way makes it a racist comment.
It's the fact that in that time when Trump made that comment, they were ragging on how horrible the US was. It is not a racist comment. In fact, here is my original comments, which I do stand by:

[Robert Alfons said:]
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/453633-trump-rally-crowd-chants-send-her-back-about-omar

how do trump supporters on this site feel about this? you think this is normal? just wondering if you can see how this rhetoric makes it more and more likely that eventually a woman of color is gonna wind up dead
To be frank, I don't love it, however there's 2 sides of a coin. Omar has been a rampant anti-semite, and Democrats haven't grown the balls to call her out, punish her, condemn her, etc. I can understand why people are outraged by her, and I am too as someone whose relatives are Jews and lived through the Holocaust. For someone that was lucky to be able to emigrate to America, and not only that, be able to represent her district, she is a completely miserable spoiled brat.

I will say, in regards to Trump's comments, while I do acknowledge politically that was stupid given Dems were fighting internally and now are united against him, they were not racist, and for the most part I agree with him (again acknowledging it would've been much smarter to keep his mouth shut). If you're that spiteful, hateful, and downright disgraced over the privilege of living in the best country in the world where you practically live pretty damn good from tax dollars to argue in Congress and act like dopes, maybe you can do a lot better helping the desolated countries in which you or your ancestors came from. Not the worst idea if America is truly that terrible to you as a lawmaker (which in most cases, it is not lol), maybe you can reform government in those places that truly need it.

Alright, I shouldn't be here, I'm not from the US. But I'm a scientist, so I feel the need to stand up for reading your graphs right.

Firstly, somehow the Wikipedia link is the only thing to actually list sources. On one hand, your average newsletter is just going to confuse people if it's full of superscript numbers. But that means that dumping on Wikipedia is a bad idea in this case, because it's currently on the high end of telling people where it gets its info.

Then, let's look at the climate graph. The pollution has been going up through the past few years. The projection has a very sharp spike when shutdown is expected to end. the main article text states that the administration is using the crash from the pandemic as an excuse to not do anything, rather than actually attempting to improve (" The Trump administration, through the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), has suspended the enforcement of environmental rules in response to the pandemic.", " The Republican’s proposal for the recovery stimulus included USD 3 billion for the purchase of oil to increase the country’s petroleum reserves and strengthen the oil industry. "). The other linked articles state that the US's current policies are insufficient. I'm just not seeing how the information presented here actually leads to the conclusion that the US is doing well.

Completely off-topic, but "best country in the world"? Seriously? Why would you ever want to make a point with something that ridiculously subjective?

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Completely off-topic, but "best country in the world"? Seriously? Why would you ever want to make a point with something that ridiculously subjective?
Idk GDP or something, we may not have the best life expectancy nor be anywhere near the top for quality of life but damn are our rich people rich

bro stop doing this to yourself lmfao

when i think power, strategy and effectiveness, i think Donald Trump . he's done a famously good job in the last four years of uh, and uh, and mostly uh, and also i too like to blame my one opponent constantly over and over again whenever i fail to accomplish anything. tghe greatest leaders of our day, nay, history famously were great at saying "its actually the other guys fault the country is mad shit and terrible", and to me, that's fuckin inspiring.

stop accepting "isn't technically in the 'full blown' stage of alzheimers" as the only bar to clear to run for leader of the most powerful fucking nation in the world. how ludicrous is it that thats legit the only one cleared by both our candidates. how ludicrous is it that someone is so fucking afraid of 'losing' that they can't admit the last four years in general, and the last ~6 months in particular, have been an unmitigated disaster

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
I hate that the media and journalism is so fucking inept in the face of fascism that people like Deceit are allowed to exist. Just woefully miserably misinformed and no ability to challenge it by standards he would deem acceptable.

The logic is entirely fucking circular. "Oh the protestors are all violent criminals and the only reason you don't see a lot of violent crime or violent crime arrests in association with them is actually because the police aren't allowed to arrest them." Even in the videos that Fox News shows the violence is unilaterally being committed by police. The worst you'll see is fires set to effigies as a symbol of protest. The fascists like Tucker Carlson gleefully point out how much like a warzone portland is and says "it's because of the protestors though not the militaristic police." P.S. if it were an actual war the police have been factually committing war crimes in their repeated destruction and gassing of medical tents set up by the protestors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)