Pet Mod Megamax (Quick Update @ Post #432)

What should the format for Megamax be?

• Stay National Dex

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Regional Dex OU with all Megas of available Pokemon being around

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Regional Dex OU with only converted Gigantamaxes existing

Votes: 13 54.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
:ss/snorlax-gmax:
Pokemon Name: Snorlax
Mega Stone Name: Snorlaxnite
Stats: 160 / 130 (+20) / 125 (+60) / 65 / 130 (+20) / 30
Types: View attachment 227494 / View attachment 227495
Ability: Natural Cure
New Moves: Wood Hammer, Play Rough, Mirror Coat
Competitive Description: A very bulky and strong physical attacker! Snorlax can be one of the most threatening Pokemon due to its high bulk and attack stats paired with Curse, amazing coverage moves and access to get rid of status such as Toxic and Paralysis with Natural Cure. Wood Hammer is a stronger STAB move that deals massive damage, but however has recoil so if Snorlax is running Wood Hammer, it is necessary to run Rest, as that is Snorlax's best recovery move. Play Rough is used to fit Snorlax's tree and grass design, which represents nature and beauty, and is also a strong coverage move. Finally, Mirror Coat can be used with it's high special bulk to revenge kill special attackers. Snorlax can clean many teams when given the chance. Cons? Snorlax has a bunch of weaknesses that can keep it busy while battling, and is slow. However, Trick Room can be used to make Snorlax faster, and due to Snorlax's great bulk, it can take a few hits from its weaknesses depending on the Pokemon.
Pokemon Name: Flapple
Mega Stone Name: Flappnite
Stats: 70 / 140 (+30) / 95 (+15) / 95 / 90 (+20) / 105 (+35)
Type: Grass / Dragon
Ability: Tinted Lens
New Moves: Earthquake
Competitive Description: a pretty lazy submission this time... but its what flapple does best. No hustle means it gets a biggest stat boost than I'd like though

Pokemon Name: Sandaconda
Mega Stone Name: Sandaconite
Stats: 72 / 145 (+38) / 145 (+20) / 85 (+20) / 70 / 93 (+22)
Typing:

Ability:
Aerilate
New Moves: Body Slam, Flamethrower, Shore Up.
Competitive Description: Lando-T 2.0: Electric Boogaloo.​
Snorlax
RottenInfernape 11
Hematite 9
En Passant 6
Gojiratar 4

Flapple
Tmi489 11
RottenInfernape 10
En Passant 9

Sandaconda
Gojiratar 11
En Passant 9
RottenInfernape 9

Break time! New slate will begin either tomorrow or Wednesday. In the meantime discuss how the current subs will affect the natdex meta

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

Slate #9: Galar Starters

Since we got a new trailer today showing off these guys more along with their G-Max Move effects why not? Maximum of 3 new moves for Inteleon and 2 new moves for Cinderace and Rillaboom. Their hidden abilities will remain unreleased for the time being.

Last edited:
Pokemon Name: Rillaboom-Mega
Mega Stone Name: Rillaboomite-Mega
Stats: 100/155/110/155/80/30 (630)
Typing: Grass/(varies)
Ability: Musical Jungle (Gives the user a secondary type matching the move in its first moveslot. Moves of this type becoming sound-based and bypass abilities.)
New Moves: Zen Headbutt, Ancient Power
Competitive Description: idk lol i just wanted to funny meme

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Pokemon Name: Rillaboom-Mega
Mega Stone Name: Rillaboomite-Mega
Stats: 100/155/110/155/80/30 (630)
Typing: Grass/(varies)
Ability: Musical Jungle (Gives the user a secondary type matching the move in its first moveslot. Moves of this type becoming sound-based and bypass abilities.)
New Moves: Zen Headbutt, Ancient Power
Competitive Description: idk lol i just wanted to funny meme
That ability seems kinda complex. Imma ask you to provide code or change it to something more simple

Hi! I've been kinda busy lately and probably won't have a chance to submit for a while, but I do have two small clarifying questions about the current slate so I can start thinking about it for when I'm more active in the next few days!

- When Corviknight was slated, you suggested that it should be aimed for the Ubers metagame on the basis that Corviknight was already OU and didn't need to be any better. Does the same apply to Cinderace, which is also OU by usage (even in NatDex), or was it only because Corviknight was so good even within OU (whereas Cinderace is more middling and can plausibly be "upgraded" by less than a tier)?

- Currently, the starters don't have access to their Hidden Abilities, but they probably will eventually. Should we be taking this into account?
This is particularly relevant for a Rillaboom submission. Both canon examples of Pokémon with auto-setting Abilities - Abomasnow and Tyranitar - simply kept them when they Mega Evolved, but that's a pretty limiting precedent to force, so I don't think most people will be giving Grassy Surge to Mega Rillaboom. In general, short of some relatively unlikely exceptions (like the Mega no longer being grounded or summoning a competing terrain), the difference between Rillaboom having Overgrow (which doesn't affect its Mega at all) and having Grassy Surge (which persists after Mega Evolving) makes for a pretty major shift in damage output and general balance in its Mega Evolution. Which situation should we assume?
To a lesser extent, even if Mega Cinderace doesn't benefit from Libero in the same way (minor clarifying note: if its type is changed by Libero, even if its Mega doesn't change type, I believe it would revert to pure Fire after transforming), it would still theoretically have to compete with it once it's released. (... I mean, unless it also just retains Libero... which, again, would be pretty boring, and I'm sure not every submission will want to do that!) Will submissions need to take this into account? I'm a bit less concerned by this one because submissions can get around it just by giving it a total role switch (if Libero Cinderace and Mega Cinderace have two different roles anyway, they're not as likely to be compared), but I can see it being relevant for many possible submissions.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Hi! I've been kinda busy lately and probably won't have a chance to submit for a while, but I do have two small clarifying questions about the current slate so I can start thinking about it for when I'm more active in the next few days!

- When Corviknight was slated, you suggested that it should be aimed for the Ubers metagame on the basis that Corviknight was already OU and didn't need to be any better. Does the same apply to Cinderace, which is also OU by usage (even in NatDex), or was it only because Corviknight was so good even within OU (whereas Cinderace is more middling and can plausibly be "upgraded" by less than a tier)?

- Currently, the starters don't have access to their Hidden Abilities, but they probably will eventually. Should we be taking this into account?
This is particularly relevant for a Rillaboom submission. Both canon examples of Pokémon with auto-setting Abilities - Abomasnow and Tyranitar - simply kept them when they Mega Evolved, but that's a pretty limiting precedent to force, so I don't think most people will be giving Grassy Surge to Mega Rillaboom. In general, short of some relatively unlikely exceptions (like the Mega no longer being grounded or summoning a competing terrain), the difference between Rillaboom having Overgrow (which doesn't affect its Mega at all) and having Grassy Surge (which persists after Mega Evolving) makes for a pretty major shift in damage output and general balance in its Mega Evolution. Which situation should we assume?
To a lesser extent, even if Mega Cinderace doesn't benefit from Libero in the same way (minor clarifying note: if its type is changed by Libero, even if its Mega doesn't change type, I believe it would revert to pure Fire after transforming), it would still theoretically have to compete with it once it's released. (... I mean, unless it also just retains Libero... which, again, would be pretty boring, and I'm sure not every submission will want to do that!) Will submissions need to take this into account? I'm a bit less concerned by this one because submissions can get around it just by giving it a total role switch (if Libero Cinderace and Mega Cinderace have two different roles anyway, they're not as likely to be compared), but I can see it being relevant for many possible submissions.
-The latter. Base Cinderace is middling enough in OU for a Mega to probably be alright. Same logic was applied back when we did Mega Grimmsnarl

-Starter HAs currently unreleased.

Pokemon Name: Cinderace
Mega Stone Name: Cinderite
Stats: 80 / 131 / 120 / 90 / 115 / 109 (BST: 630, +15 Atk / +45 Def / +10 SpA / +40 SpD / -10 Spe)
Typing: Fire
Ability: Magic Guard
New Moves: Wil-o-Wisp
Competitive Description: Bulky Cinderace! Its pretty obvious what its role is - a bulky balance pivot able to Court Change hazards away. With moves like Taunt, U-Turn, and the ability to outspeed Pokemon like Mew. Cinderace has speed over everything else. While Magic Guard lets it switch freely, it needs to be in its base form first, and loss of speed tier / Libero makes it harder to check pokemon like Mega Metagross in the important 110 speed tier. There is also no recovery for Cinderace which further accentuates the balancy feel.

Last edited:

Tapler

Coral Bitch
is a Top Social Media Contributor
Pokemon Name: Inteleon
Mega Stone Name: Inteleonite
Stats: 70 / 115 / 85 / 130 / 85 / 145
Typing: Water/Dark
Ability: Deep Focus (This Pokemon gains Focus Energy each time it switches in, but loses it when hit by an attack)
New Moves: Night Slash, Psycho Cut, Cross Poison
Competitive Description: With 145 speed, Inteleon would outspeed most of the unboosted metagame, allowing it to revenge kill other fast threats and scout with U-Turn. Water/Dark typing provides STAB on Dark Pulse, Sucker Punch, and Night Slash, but leaves Inteleon with a weakness to both Volt Switch and U-Turn, which makes it very easy for scarfers to capitalize on it. Deep Focus would grant high-critical-hit-ratio moves a 100% crit rate, leading to interesting risk vs reward situations in teambuilding, such as deciding between Snipe Shot and Hydro Pump. However, it leaves Inteleon with a weakness to priority and makes it difficult to switch in. Psycho Cut and Cross Poison make use of that weird water bayonet on the end of its gun to provide some much-needed coverage, at the cost of being weakened after taking a hit. Night Slash is mostly just for flavour, but it has a niche, and Inteleon doesn’t need any more utility at this point.

Last edited:
Pokémon Name: :rillaboom: Rillaboom
Mega Stone Name: Rillaboomite
Stats: 100 HP / 150 Attack (+25) / 110 Defense (+20) / 115 Special Attack (+55) / 70 Special Defense / 85 Speed
Typing: Grass/Rock (really doesn't want those Fire and Flying weaknesses... also pun)
Ability: Punk Rock (sorry, I know this is kind of a boring pick since it only boosts damage, but it does facilitate its new role in a relatively interesting way!)
New moves: Head Smash? (I will be honest - I just couldn't find any other fitting Rock-type moves; if this seems too strong, I'm fine dropping it or replacing it)

Competitive Description:
- A very good physical wallbreaker, and it can also use Drum Beating to slow its opponents on a switch-in.
- It should be able to get by with investment in Special Attack even at the expense of Attack, so a mixed set with Boomburst is also viable. A set with maxed Special Attack and no Attack investment will still be doing good damage on both sides.
- With maxed Speed, it can actually outspeed even base 150s after a Drum Beating (and still comfortably beat base 133 or so even if it has a Speed-neutral nature), so while base 85 isn't terribly impressive, it becomes much harder to beat after switching into a Drum Beating.
- Its main weakness is its Special Defense, especially since it doesn't really want to reduce any of its other stats and may have to reduce it with its nature as well.
- Rock STAB with Earthquake coverage is always good to have - it's a major upgrade from mono Grass STAB.

I actually really like the others' Cinderace and Inteleon submissions, so I'm not gonna try to compete with them! I'm content just doing this one.

Pokemon Name: Intelleon
Mega Stone Name: Intelleonite
Stats: -35 Spe, +20 Att, +15 Def, +65 SpA, +35 SpD: 70 HP // 105 Att // 80 Def // 190 SpA // 100 SpD // 85 Spe
Typing: Water
Ability: Storm Drain
New Moves: n/a
Competitive Description: The large whirlpool sucks in all enemies water type attacks, allowing it the ability to switch in, and fire off Boosted Snipe Shots. It has a reasonable amount of bulk, and with a high Crit +1 Snipe Shot, it is going to be rather dangerous. 70 / 80 / 100 isn't the fattest, so hopefully water and grass types can sit in reasonably well. I may tune down the Offense, however, as 190 SpA may be a bit much. I've tried to put it into a suitable Speed Tier that isn't not too sweepy.

Tapler

Coral Bitch
is a Top Social Media Contributor
Pokemon Name: Rillaboom
Mega Stone Name: Rillaboominite
Stats: 100 / 135 / 160 / 70 / 110 / 55
Typing: Grass/Rock
Ability: Rock Head
New Moves: Stealth Rock, Head Smash
Competitive Description: Your typical juggernaut-type Mega, balanced out by a lack of reliable recovery. Grass/Rock is a criminally underrated typing offensively, and also helps to offset Grass’ plethora of weaknesses, though it leaves you being hit hard by popular mons like Mega Metagross, Aegislash, and Darmanitan-Galar, despite the high defenses. Rock Head allows Rillaboom to spam two very powerful STAB moves in Wood Hammer and Head Smash, though its relatively low attack stat leaves its coverage moves a bit weak for a mega, especially when compared to the only-slightly-slower Mega Mawile. It can still make good use of moves like Earthquake, Body Press, Knock Off, and even High Horsepower (avoids the Grassy Terrain drop on EQ once HAs come out) for coverage, but with other valuable utility moves like Stealth Rock, U-Turn, and Leech Seed in its arsenal, you really need to pick and choose what you want to hit.

Also Hematite, I realized while working on this one that it’s somewhat similar to yours, so if you feel like you’re being ripped off and want me to delete this, let me know.

Last edited:
No worries at all!!
Making mine Rock-type was kind of an afterthought for the sake of being anything but pure Grass - it seems like it's much more important to yours! It's a pretty commonly proposed type for Rillaboom anyway (I think it's what most people expected for Grookey from the start), so I could hardly claim ownership, haha.
And type combo aside, I think these two have more than different enough roles all around and don't feel redundant - I'm happy to support yours! C:
For that matter, this was probably one of my, uh, less inspired submissions, so I'm not exactly desperate for it to win. I would honestly be kind of embarrassed if the only reason it won was because no one else made a legal Rillaboom submission, and I think I could do much better than this on another slate!

Stats: 80 / 140 / 90 / 105 / 90 / 125 (+0, +24, +15, +30, +15, +16)
Typing:

Ability: Fire Ball - While this Pokémon is active, a Fire-type move used by any Pokémon has 1.33x power. (Fairy/Dark Aura clone)
New Moves: Aura Sphere, Zap Cannon
Competitive Description: Glass cannon, very risky but does some serious damage and is fast. Libero doesn't really compansate this Mega, but it might be a good alternative in the future for some different roles.

Last edited:
Rrright, so I know I'm not Yung Dramps, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that a Water Bubble clone on a Pokémon with 160 Attack and 135 Speed is way too strong for this. For reference, you're suggesting that this Pokémon's Pyro Ball should, without any boosting or setup, hit twice as hard as Mega Sceptile's Leaf Storm, Mega Blaziken's Flare Blitz, Mega Pinsir's Return, Mega Metagross's Meteor Mash... minus the drawbacks of the former two and while significantly faster than both of the latter two. Also remember that Mega Blaziken and Mega Metagross are already Ubers, and that non-Mega Cinderace is already OU without having this.
Also, a Pokémon with 80/90/90 bulk and only two weaknesses is not a glass cannon, even if one of those weaknesses is double. If your opponent can even manage to use a Ground-type move, sure, but next to nothing else is knocking it out in one hit, and it's knocking everything else out in one hit.

Edit for a better comparison: the current hardest-hitting unboosted Mega Evolution is Mega Medicham. Mega Medicham is a wallbreaker with a relatively average base 100 Speed, weaknesses to three common attacking types and lower HP, Defense and Special Defense. It's also forced to rely on a high-risk STAB in High Jump Kick, which costs it half of its HP every time it misses, targets a Ghost-type or - perhaps most notably - attacks into a protection move, which is very common among the walls it wants to break. It's also possible to burn Mega Medicham. Even so, Mega Medicham is currently sitting at a favorable B+ in the NatDex OU viability rankings.
Mega Cinderace's Pyro Ball hits just over 29% harder.

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

Stats: 80 / 160 / 90 / 65 / 90 / 135 (+0, +44, +15, +0, +15, +26)
Typing:

Ability: Fire Ball - Decreases Water-type move power on the Pokémon by 50%. Increases power of Fire-type moves used by the Pokémon by 100% before adding STAB. Prevents Freeze
New Moves: Aura Sphere, Zap Cannon
Competitive Description: Glass cannon, very risky but does some serious damage and is fast. Type combo doesn't really exist, so it might be interesting. Libero doesn't really compansate this Mega, but it might be a good alternative in the future for some different roles.
Rrright, so I know I'm not Yung Dramps, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that a Water Bubble clone on a Pokémon with 160 Attack and 135 Speed is way too strong for this. For reference, you're suggesting that this Pokémon's Pyro Ball should, without any boosting or setup, hit twice as hard as Mega Sceptile's Leaf Storm, Mega Blaziken's Flare Blitz, Mega Pinsir's Return, Mega Metagross's Meteor Mash... minus the drawbacks of the former two and while significantly faster than both of the latter two. Also remember that Mega Blaziken and Mega Metagross are already Ubers, and that non-Mega Cinderace is already OU without having this.
Also, a Pokémon with 80/90/90 bulk and only two weaknesses is not a glass cannon, even if one of those weaknesses is double. If your opponent can even manage to use a Ground-type move, sure, but next to nothing else is knocking it out in one hit, and it's knocking everything else out in one hit.

Edit for a better comparison: the current hardest-hitting unboosted Mega Evolution is Mega Medicham. Mega Medicham is a wallbreaker with a relatively average base 100 Speed, weaknesses to three common attacking types and lower HP, Defense and Special Defense. It's also forced to rely on a high-risk STAB in High Jump Kick, which costs it half of its HP every time it misses, targets a Ghost-type or - perhaps most notably - attacks into a protection move, which is very common among the walls it wants to break. It's also possible to burn Mega Medicham. Even so, Mega Medicham is currently sitting at a favorable B+ in the NatDex OU viability rankings.
Mega Cinderace's Pyro Ball hits just over 29% harder.
Yeah, for these reasons I am vetoing this submission.

Yeah, for these reasons I am vetoing this submission.
I toned it down a lot, stats are the same but I changed Fire Ball to be a Fairy Aura clone instead of Water Bobble, now its Pyro Ball hits 17% less hard than Mega Medicham's HJK.

252 Atk Fairy Aura Fairy-type Cinderace (120 BP) Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 306-360 (89.7 - 105.5%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 354-417 (103.8 - 122.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I used a 120 BP Play Rough to simulate Pyro Ball boosted by Fire Ball

Last edited:
Okay, I'm not gonna advocate for another veto or anything, but just to provide some feedback and hopefully communicate better to you why I suggest nerfing this...
I'm not sure if the point in my previous post was clear enough - when I cited Mega Medicham as the current hardest-hitting Mega Evolution in the game, I was drawing attention to the fact that it was an extreme example and an outlier, one that's only balanced at all because of all of the things holding it back. Most other Mega Evolutions aren't even close to its level. For reference, even doing ~17% less damage than Mega Medicham, this Cinderace has just moved down... to second-hardest-hitting Mega Evolution, still outdamaging everything except Mega Medicham.

The next highest would be our own Mega Machamp if we assume a critical hit Cross Chop thanks to Super Luck, but that's still only 50% of hits and on a Pokémon much slower than this.
After Machamp is Mega Lucario's Close Combat, which is - wait for it - slower, frailer, hits for just under 93% as hard as Mega Cinderace, comes with a drawback, and is still Uber. (For that matter, it also has the same number of weaknesses and resistances, so its defensive type isn't really the deciding factor, either. I know Lucario's main problem was being an unpredictable mixed attacker, but comparing this favorably to it is... yikes.)
And then close on Lucario's heels is our Mega Pikachu, which is obviously a joke Mega anyway but is also held back by its hilariously low bulk of 35/55/75.

When I brought up Blaziken, Sceptile, Pinsir and Metagross as examples, notice how I said Mega Cinderace was hitting twice as hard as them. That means it would be about on par if it had no Ability, or an intentionally wasted one like Inner Focus (Gallade, which is also hitting just slightly above this level, had that Ability for the same reason... and it's also slower and at least physically frailer and reliant on a move with a drawback). If you just swap a 2x boost for a 4/3 one, it still has a huge advantage over three of the best Mega Evolutions in the game (two of which were, again, banned to Ubers) while outspeeding two of them and losing the drawback of the third.

Making Cinderace hit a little less hard than Mega Medicham but leaving everything else that's so good about it the same just doesn't look like enough to keep it in check.
Nothing this fast and this reliable, with even passable bulk backed by a defensive type this outstanding, should also be consistently outdamaging all but the most extreme, high-risk and easily-outplayed of Mega Evolutions.

Last edited:
Okay, I'm not gonna advocate for another veto or anything, but just to provide some feedback and hopefully communicate better to you why I suggest nerfing this...
I'm not sure if the point in my previous post was clear enough - when I cited Mega Medicham as the current hardest-hitting Mega Evolution in the game, I was drawing attention to the fact that it was an extreme example and an outlier, one that's only balanced at all because of all of the things holding it back. Most other Mega Evolutions aren't even close to its level. For reference, even doing ~17% less damage than Mega Medicham, this Cinderace has just moved down... to second-hardest-hitting Mega Evolution, still outdamaging everything except Mega Medicham.

The next highest would be our own Mega Machamp if we assume a critical hit Cross Chop thanks to Super Luck, but that's still only 50% of hits and on a Pokémon much slower than this.
After Machamp is Mega Lucario's Close Combat, which is - wait for it - slower, frailer, hits for just under 93% as hard as Mega Cinderace, comes with a drawback, and is still Uber. (For that matter, it also has the same number of weaknesses and resistances, so its defensive type isn't really the deciding factor, either. I know Lucario's main problem was being an unpredictable mixed attacker, but comparing this favorably to it is... yikes.)
And then close on Lucario's heels is our Mega Pikachu, which is obviously a joke Mega anyway but is also held back by its hilariously low bulk of 35/55/75.

When I brought up Blaziken, Sceptile, Pinsir and Metagross as examples, notice how I said Mega Cinderace was hitting twice as hard as them. That means it would be about on par if it had no Ability, or an intentionally wasted one like Inner Focus (Gallade, which is also hitting just slightly above this level, had that Ability for the same reason... and it's also slower and at least physically frailer and reliant on a move with a drawback). If you just swap a 2x boost for a 4/3 one, it still has a huge advantage over three of the best Mega Evolutions in the game (two of which were, again, banned to Ubers) while outspeeding two of them and losing the drawback of the third.

Making Cinderace hit a little less hard than Mega Medicham but leaving everything else that's so good about it the same just doesn't look like enough to keep it in check.
Nothing this fast and this reliable, with even passable bulk backed by a defensive type this outstanding, should also be consistently outdamaging all but the most extreme, high-risk and easily-outplayed of Mega Evolutions.
How could I do to make it less broken, but still keep the same concept?
The thing is that I want the ability to interact with Fire-type moves, since it has to reflect that giant fire ball under its feet.
Some options could be:
- Adding a Flying type to give it more weaknesses (it would fit because it floats and its ears kinda seem like wings)
- Reducing Attack stat to 150-140 or even 130, and putting some points in the Special Attack
- Changing the ability to a clone of Gulp Missile that activates when using Pyro Ball or Blaze Kick
- Changing the ability to Flash Fire (even if it would make it weaker than its regular form with Libero imho)
They can be combined. I am also open to other options if you have any to suggest, I'm just very sorry I didn't do the correct analyses before sending this sub.

Edit:
I think reducing the Attack stat to 140 should be good for its current type

Voting will begin soon!
done :)

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
How could I do to make it less broken, but still keep the same concept?
Some options could be:
- Adding a Flying type to give it more weaknesses (it would fit because it floats and its ears kinda seem like wings)
- Reducing Attack stat to 150-140 or even 130
- Changing the ability to a clone of Gulp Missile that activates when using Pyro Ball or Blaze Kick
They can be combined. I am also open to other options if you have any to suggest, I'm just very sorry I didn't do the correct analyses before sending this sub.
I think reducing the Attack stat to 140 should be good for its current type

Voting will begin soon!

oh whoops I took too long to write this

No worries! (And sorry if I made you feel bad!! You don't need to apologize!!)

- Okay, so in terms of raw damage output - since Pyro Ball has no drawbacks and doesn't require any setup, I think the absolute most you should be doing is about Mega Gardevoir's level. That would be around 145 Attack assuming an Ability that doesn't boost damage (with a Fairy Aura clone like this, I think you'd need an Attack that's lower than where Cinderace even starts, so I would lean away from that in this case). For reference, this is still as fast and roughly as hard-hitting as Mega Lopunny as well, but it loses perfect neutral coverage in exchange for avoiding the risk of relying on High Jump Kick as its main attack, so I think it evens out.

- As an alternative, your suggestion to give it a Flying type is actually pretty neat! I've noticed that the Mega Evolutions with double weaknesses to Stealth Rock, like Mega Pinsir (which also only gains that weakness from a type change) and fellow Fire/Flying-type Mega Charizard Y, seem to compensate for that with a higher damage output. With those two examples in mind, if you change to Fire/Flying, I think you have two more options:
* You could maybe go down to base 110 (~Mega Pinsir's Return) to 125 (~Mega Charizard Y's Flamethrower) and keep the Fairy Aura clone, or
* you could change the Ability to one that doesn't boost damage, but in return, you could get away with the same Attack stat or even a slightly higher one?
Remember that Mega Cinderace is still faster than both of those, and (like Pinsir) it doesn't have the double-weakness the first time it switches in, so I would probably lean towards the lower end of the spectrum to emulate Pinsir (110-115 with a Fairy Aura clone or 160-165 without) rather than trying to match Charizard.

- If you are considering an alternative Ability that doesn't boost damage, something like Gulp Missile honestly does sound pretty fun! However, remember that that does another 25% of the opponent's HP every time you're hit (especially since you're almost always using Pyro Ball), and then it either boosts your attacks' damage even more anyway or cripples the target. I would totally support a fun utility Ability like that, but I think you'd probably want to counteract it with an even lower Attack stat - I think if you go with a Gulp Missile clone and make it Fire/Flying, you could get away with base 116 (same as the base form) to 125 Attack at most (and staying Fire/Electric would probably call for something even lower than Cinderace's normal Attack, haha).
I would also double-check with Yung Dramps on whether it's possible to use a Gulp Missile clone - I'm not sure how dependent that is on having three different forms like Cramorant or if it can be replicated easily enough with a Mega Evolution.

- To whatever extent you do cut into its Attack, I would probably lean towards putting those leftover points in Special Attack rather than buffing its bulk and speed any further, because I think it's already going to be a pretty outstanding Pokémon with those as they are.

It's unfortunately pretty hard to work with Cinderace, because its Attack is already so high and it has one of the strongest reliable STABs in existence - now that I'm trying to help you balance it, I can see how it got out of hand so quickly! Even if it sounds like these are really low Attack stats for a Mega Evolution, remember that they're based on comparisons to others and they're actually still above average, so I don't think you need to worry that it'll be underwhelming or weak.
I hope this helps a bit! I tried to leave as many options as possible so you still have freedom to make this the way you want, but hopefully none of the outcomes are quite so broken this time. C:

Nice, okay!!

:rillaboom: Rillaboom - Tapler, Hematite, PikaXreme (? is this one still being considered)
:cinderace: Cinderace - Tmi489, Stitch98
:inteleon: Inteleon - Tapler, CharSiuEmboar

(I think Tapler's Inteleon might be my favorite sub this round, honestly! That sounds like such a unique battle style!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)