Bug Reports v3 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two simple bugs this time:
1. When a pokemon with Ripen eats a berry, the sw/sh games show the “[pokemon]’s Ripen” thing. PS doesn’t show that.
2.When a pokemon gets hurt by a rocky helmet because they used Brutal Swing (the only contact move that hits multiple pokemon), the message displayed is “[pokemon] was hurt by the rocky helmet!” As this does not specify which pokemon was holding the rocky helmet, the summary windows of the enemy pokemon should only say something like “MIGHT have Rocky Helmet” until the item is revealed through other means. Instead, looking at the summary windows will reveal which pokemon was holding the rocky helmet, which could prove problematic in competitive play.

I have another one now, which stopped me from using a funny gimmick strat.
Malamar’s eject PACK(not eject BUTTON) should have triggered on turn 1 of this battle because its attack was lowered:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1053664009
My only theory as to why this happened is because the server treated the action of eating the liechi berry as something that always increases stats, so it overlooked a check to trigger the eject pack.

The move copycat does not function properly with max guard. In the first turn of the replay Riolu should have used trick room. https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8vgc2020-1053852610
Dear friends,

I will support this report, but not only with Max Guard, but other Max moves.
This movie can be the evidence.

In movie, Riolu copied the move Trickroom used as Max Guard.

This is my replay, my Chandeura used Trickroom as Max Guard.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8battlestadiumdoubles-1054059710

Kind Regards

Last edited:
You can’t change the base form of gmax alcremie in the teambuilder. (so all gmax alcremies are the default vanilla swirl w/ strawberry) Though this MOSTLY isn’t a huge issue, it means that any non-strawberry vanilla alcremie will give away the fact that it cannot gmax.
I’m kinda surprised that no one else reported this bug. It seems so obvious.

You can’t change the base form of gmax alcremie in the teambuilder. (so all gmax alcremies are the default vanilla swirl w/ strawberry) Though this MOSTLY isn’t a huge issue, it means that any non-strawberry vanilla alcremie will give away the fact that it cannot gmax.
I’m kinda surprised that no one else reported this bug. It seems so obvious.
That's intentional. The only Alcremie form in max raid battles that can have the gmax factor is the form you mention.

That's intentional. The only Alcremie form in max raid battles that can have the gmax factor is the form you mention.
The recent promotional raid events have released gigantamax for every Alcremie form (not topping). I assume flavour is what 2nd_slash meant by the max spoiler since you can't choose topping on PS yet.

Eve

back
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Community Leader
LGPE has two issues right now:
- Teambuilder presents you with Gen 7's tier list instead of LGPEs
- Stats are entirely incorrect right now

What the teambuilder shows:
1580342746181.png

What the battle has:
1580342778494.png

What both should show:
1580342790739.png
(taken from old footage)

Not entirely sure what's going on with the stats, but my first guess would be that the client simply doesn't use LGPE's teambuilder data anymore and that the Friendship stat boosts no longer apply. Both of these issues are quite significant ones that affect the playability of the tier.

I keep unintentionally finding all these bugs. Probably gonna find another one within the next week...
Anyway, this one’s more silly than problematic. The ev spread suggester gets very confused when it sees both a move that suggests speed should be minimized and a move that suggests it should be maximized, as shown in the screenshot below.

A more in-depth analysis of this bug: The systemsuggested to give my shuckle 252 speed ivs (because I had shell smash) but then also gave it a -spe nature and 0 spe ivs. What’s so silly about this is that the speed value this results in can be achieved while by using much less evs and lowering a different stat with the nature. To fix this, I would suggest to make the ev suggester check if it’s contradicting itself with its suggestions, and if so, choose one to override the other rather than do some weird combination of the two.

Attachments

Not sure where else this bug should be reported to, but anyways... the Showdown Pokédex wrongly states that Eternatus-Eternamax is a Let's Go-only Pokémon.

1580495923257.png

The recent promotional raid events have released gigantamax for every Alcremie form (not topping). I assume flavour is what 2nd_slash meant by the max spoiler since you can't choose topping on PS yet.
Well, now there's a special Milcery raid with the possibility of evolving into a Gigantamax Alcremie, so there is no Max Spoiler anymore.

Screenshot_20200201-225508.png

My hawlucha was intoxicated whilst under misty terrain, since none of toxapex abilities nullifies it (not that anyone would ever use an ability other than regenerator) that only leaves space for a bug that allows status under misty's protection.

Also all the Scizor have lightningrod but only one activated it only twice.
If there are several Pokémon with the ability Lightning Rod (or Storm Drain, for water-type attacks), then the earliest sent out (in this case, either the first sent out, or if that one is attacking, then the second sent out) is the one that takes priority. However, if they were the intended target anyway, then the ability does not activate.

The custap berry is unreleased?
IN NATIONAL DEX!?!??
Isn’t the whole point of nat dex is that you can use all the items & pokemon that were removed? (In this case, the item is in the game data but unavailable as of now, BUT YOU CAN GET IT IN SUN/MOON.)
By that logic, all the mega stones & z-crystals would be “unreleased”.
Seriously, this makes no sense and should be fixed.
Note: I was in a crabby mood when I wrote this. Please excuse my rudeness.

Attachments

Found a validation error in moves being unable to be learned. It says for my opponent that Eternatus can't learn Eternabeam. Is this a validation error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)