SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Fake. Way too obvious when the images are side to side. This is a recolor.
I believe the edit was just made to show how they'd look when non-shiny

Anyways, for the supposeddex leak, I believe it isn't meant to be the full dex (No ice type seems way too weird, even Hoenn and Alola had theirs). While the most likely possibility is that it is fake, I still think it might just be a partial leak of the dex

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
With every second that passes, I'm increasingly getting this bad feeling that we've been japed.

I dunno man, after skimming through the designs and screenshots, gut instinct tells me something is off, and that's not even mentioning some of the obviously phony shit like the Kitsunoh and Uranium Raptor "leaks".

Moreover, there's just too many weird inconsistencies. What's up with the different-colored backgrounds for certain Pokemon? If the leaker(s) has/have seemingly gotten far enough to get Grookey to its final form, why has he/she shown so few new Pokemon? What about the varying image quality from crystal clear screencaps to mediocre quality photographs? And all of this almost exactly 2 weeks before launch seems like way, WAY too convenient timing...

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
With every second that passes, I'm increasingly getting this bad feeling that we've been japed.

I dunno man, after skimming through the designs and screenshots, gut instinct tells me something is off, and that's not even mentioning some of the obviously phony shit like the Kitsunoh and Uranium Raptor "leaks".

Moreover, there's just too many weird inconsistencies. What's up with the different-colored backgrounds for certain Pokemon? If the leaker(s) has/have seemingly gotten far enough to get Grookey to its final form, why has he/she shown so few new Pokemon? What about the varying image quality from crystal clear screencaps to mediocre quality photographs? And all of this almost exactly 2 weeks before launch seems like way, WAY too convenient timing...
Yeah, safe to say that it is way too early to determine whether or not those leaks are real. The one with Kitsunoh and the Uranium Raptor are obviously fake right on the spot, though.

We don't hear news about the physical versions being shipped to the shops yet, but rather the next week. Who knows if we will get far more believable leaks by then, but we know that it is not right now.

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Guidebook appears to have leaked. Shows Gigantamax Kingler and Machamp (and what may be Malamar)

Also has section showing final evos of starters, seems to be pure type for all three, images for sobble3 and grookey3 are correct if this leak isn't fake.
Neato! If that really is Malamar, at least we can sleep soundly knowing Gigantamax won't be relegated to Gen 1 and Gen 8 mons.

Can you procure the images of the starter final evos please?

Gigantamax Machamp feels weird to me considering the trailers showed it merely Dynamaxed. Why wouldn't they show it Gigantamaxed, or pick another Fighting-type Pokémon?

Zetalz

Expect nothing, deliver less
is a Pre-Contributor
I don't think that's Malamar in the first image. In the top right you can see the base mon's feet which don't really look like Malamar's.
mala feet.jpg

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
On one hand, gigantimax forms shown are really good. On the other hand, the sobble evo is looking more true and grookey stays pure grass (not that grass/dark, the hypothetical type, is any better or maybe worse if it’s slow)

This is such an amazing design, the dolls are a very nice touch, and the trash covering its feet really gives it a sense of scale.

And the fact that it's a Gen 5 Pokémon getting a new form in a recent game is just the cherry on top
No, it's great to see a Gen V Pokémon get a new forme (you don't count, Audino), but the cherry on top is that it's Garbodor, one of the most unpopular Pokémon overall, actually getting some love in the game.

No, it's great to see a Gen V Pokémon get a new forme (you don't count, Audino), but the cherry on top is that it's Garbodor, one of the most unpopular Pokémon overall, actually getting some love in the game.
Yeah, that too. But I don't think it's too weird of a choice, as "hated" as Garbodor is, it's still one of the most recognizable Gen 5 Pokémon, it has a pretty distinct design that everyone (both people that love and people that hate Gen 5) knows.

It would have been weirder if it was something like Basculin, which no one likes, but no one remembers that it exists either

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)