Multi Gen Ubers Teambuilding Workshop

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus

I'm sorry... I know its bad. I know its a niche Pokemon. I just miss the terror this thing had in OU, and realized that we have zero teams with this thing. Literally every team that has used this since ORAS started has been recommended to change it to Klefki or something similar. Is there anyway this thing can actually still be used or is it just trash this gen?
I have no set to suggest, all I want is to see a team that actually can utilize this thing.
Good luck... and thank you beforehand.

Just an aside... if anyone thinks this isn't enough of a challenge already... I'd appreciate it if the team featured Shaymin-Sky. Both put a lot of pressure on checks/counters like ho-oh and groudon with a thunderbolt genesect and a earthpower shaymin luring those two... Doesn't need to feature shaymin if you think this is bad but would like if it did.
your image is broken =\

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
dwp ,

Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Recover

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 184 HP / 24 Def / 252 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Aromatherapy

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 120 HP / 236 Atk / 64 SpD / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Dragon Tail
- Thunder Wave

Scolipede @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Pin Missile
- Toxic Spikes
- Endeavor
- Protect

Mewtwo @ Mewtwonite Y
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Taunt

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance

So this is my take on a build for Swords Dance Rock Arceus. I think it is a nice switch in to birds for offense. Since it risks the burn from Sacred Fire, I like Aromatherapy Geomancy Xerneas as a partner for it. Standard hyper offense was really threatening, especially with Darkrai, so I chose Mega Mewtwo Y and Scolipede to help with matchups in those regards, sending the team in the direction of a pretty simple Toxic Spikes offense build, which I think is pretty nice here. Primal Groudon is a pretty straightforward choice, providing Stealth Rock for the build. Finally, Rayquaza givs the team a secondary Water resist and offers priority in the form of Extreme Speed. Stall isn't a great matchup for this team but its not an impossible one. Enjoy.

lolbro , there's two teams that have those mons already :o

dwp ,

Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Recover

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 184 HP / 24 Def / 252 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Aromatherapy

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 120 HP / 236 Atk / 64 SpD / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Dragon Tail
- Thunder Wave

Scolipede @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Pin Missile
- Toxic Spikes
- Endeavor
- Protect

Mewtwo @ Mewtwonite Y
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Taunt

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance

So this is my take on a build for Swords Dance Rock Arceus. I think it is a nice switch in to birds for offense. Since it risks the burn from Sacred Fire, I like Aromatherapy Geomancy Xerneas as a partner for it. Standard hyper offense was really threatening, especially with Darkrai, so I chose Mega Mewtwo Y and Scolipede to help with matchups in those regards, sending the team in the direction of a pretty simple Toxic Spikes offense build, which I think is pretty nice here. Primal Groudon is a pretty straightforward choice, providing Stealth Rock for the build. Finally, Rayquaza givs the team a secondary Water resist and offers priority in the form of Extreme Speed. Stall isn't a great matchup for this team but its not an impossible one. Enjoy.

lolbro , there's two teams that have those mons already :o
my apologies, i just wanted to see if someone could build around them as a core, instead of pokemon be slotted in on a team in the later stages, as I've never been able to.

Scrolling through the VR, I find Lopunny in it. Interesting.

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Healing Wish

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Atk / 48 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide

Mega Lopunny is a very interesting Pokemon, providing clutch cleric support for full-on offense teams. I added Paradancer PDon as to troll with usual checks and put Lopunny's support to good use. It also absorbs Burns and Paralysis for Lopunny, too. I'm looking for an offense, or even HO, team with this core. The PDon set can be changed either way but any SD or RP set would be preferred.

+

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 184 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder/Aromatherapy
- Focus Blast/Hidden Power Ground

(I really got to stop building and requesting teams with blue whale godamn)

So here's another core I've been messing around with but I would like to see what a better player can do with it. Primal Groudon is usually the first pick to check both of these guys, and they hate it. However together they can ease the burden. Primal Groudon will usually be sent out the moment Kyogre comes into play, allowing the whale to Ice Beam the damn thing and hopefully wear it down enough so Xerneas can beat it one go with Geomancy later in the match. (Or preferably Kyogre just one shots with rain if conditions allow it.) Otherwise Kyogre makes an overall good partner for Xerneas, hitting things hard and making it easier for Xern to sweep later in a match, and if Groudon is gone then they can really cause some serious damage. I went with standard Geoxern but I left Kyogre's set open to allow for more freedom in team building.

requesting a team built around 4 attacks latios

Latios (M) @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunder/HP Fire
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot

I have tried building around 4 attacks latios as it is a decent wallbreaker with incredible coverage but cannot decide what sort of squad to put it on.I prefer running thunder >HP Fire because it hits lugia but you guys can change it up if you like undecided between timid or modest so ill leave it up to you.Looking forward to what you guys have to offer : ).

Last edited:

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Okay, so due to a general lack of activity, I'm gonna need some more builders for this project. If anyone is interested, please PM me. I will look over the applications (no guarantees of acceptance) and we'll try to give this project a bit of a new life with new builders.

Heatran @ Assault Vest
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Mild Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Earthquake
- Flash Cannon
- Magma Storm

Is this pokemon good for Ubers

I see so how about

Rayquaza-Mega @ Sharp Beak
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Swords Dance
- Fly
- Sleep Talk

not to be a debbie downer but the inactivity of this thread is probably due to a lot of the suggestions being...awful. genesect isn't viable, lopunny is very questionably worth a teamslot anywhere, eleceus is horseshit, and yveltal+darkrai clashes too much type wise for me to justify building around it, especially when the same concept can be executed more effectively in the first place with a combination of darkrai and xerneas. i'm posting teams for the cores or mons i thought were worth building around since i kinda liked the concept of this thread when it was still active and there's nothing better to be doing at 1AM.

AzureRaptor

I have a Mence/PDon team for you; they aren't the sets you asked for but you said it was fine to change them so I did.

4) Cetus

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 136 Atk / 248 Def / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Dragon Dance
- Refresh
- Roost

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 168 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sleep Talk
- Stone Edge
- Thunder Wave

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 104 HP / 244 Atk / 96 SpD / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge

Xerneas @ Life Orb
EVs: 84 Atk / 240 SpA / 184 Spe
Rash Nature
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Calm Mind

The concept behind this team was to abuse the offensive synergy between Life Orb Xerneas and Calm Mind Arceus-Ghost. The underrated mixed Xerneas lures out or outright beats a number of Arceus-Ghost checks, ranging from Ho-Oh to Tyranitar to Yveltal to Blissey. I'm kinda hazy on anything else since I made this in Septemberish but I'm pretty sure Primal Groudon was tacked on at this point because it's Primal Groudon. I didn't decide its set till later, though. At this point I realized I needed a solid answer to Darkrai, a way to handle Refresh EKiller, and another Mega Salamence answer so Tyranitar was added (which gave me the flexibility to run an offensive PDon to complement my CM Ghostceus). Excadrill was added to fill a variety of roles; it clears hazards on a team where nothing else does, it serves as a backup Xerneas answer where nothing else can, and it serves as a pseudo Ground immune and therefore a backup check to offensive Primal Groudon. Mega Salamence was tacked on at the end because I was uncomfortable with not having a consistent Ho-Oh switch-in or Ground immune or secondary Water resist and I liked its offensive synergy with Excadrill.

Sets should be pretty self-explanatory. Primal Groudon lives Xerneas Focus Blast after Stealth Rock and heavily creeps opposing Primal Groudons, offensive as opposed to support because I have Tyranitar to give Stealth Rock. Ghostceus is bog standard, CM over SD for a solid EKiller check and hella_durability. Xerneas is faster than neutral natured max invested base 90s, think Adamant 252 Spe Ho-Oh... 84 Atk KOs shitter 252 HP Ho-Oh with Rock Slide, rest is dumped in Special Attack for impressive Moonblasts (3HKOs standard PDon!). Aromatherapy because a better move doesn't exist for that slot and being a cleric is never a bad thing. Excadrill's set lets it pose a threat to bulkier teams whilst being able to Spin for Mega Salamence, Rock Slide is a luxury move anyway and if the opponent is crazy enough to bring in Ho-Oh on this it's not the end of the world when you have Mence/Ttar/Pdon anyway. Ttar set lives hella shit; you tank Mega Gengar Focus Blast one-on-one, +1 Addy Megamence EQ, an EQ from LO Ho-Oh after Rocks and Spikes, have positive odds to live support PDon EQ, eat a Geoxern Focus Blast after rocks....the list goes on. The set looks retarded but it's what it needs to consistently take on both Darkrai and Refresh Salamence. Lastly, Mega Salamence is Refresh because it doesn't need EQ for particularly much here and sponging Lava Plume Burns as the sole reliable PDon switch-in is never a bad thing. EVs probably serve some specific purpose I forget but let's just say it's extreme creep on PDon for now.

Incidentally this team also fulfills mafreel's request but with different sets. mafreel dude, the third team I posted in this thread features SD Ghostceus and Scarf Xerneas which is a very similar concept. I would make you a squad with SD Ghostceus and Geoxern but I'm sick of building teams around those 2 mons and it'd just end up similar to this or that anyway.

DracoMaster Dab

I like Latios, here you go.

5) Cynical

Groudon @ Red Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 52 SpD / 80 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Dragon Tail
- Stone Edge

Latios @ Soul Dew
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot

Gengar @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Icy Wind
- Focus Blast
- Protect

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Play Rough
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Thunder Wave

Arceus @ Earth Plate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Recover

Concept behind this team was originally Yveltal+Mega Gengar but that was scrapped when I realized how overrated that was and how Darkrai+Mega Gengar have a similar thing going except they benefit each other more. Mega Gengar stomps Tyranitar, pp stalls Blissey, and ends Klefki for Darkrai whilst Darkrai slays Ho-Oh, murders Primal Kyogre, and even performs a nifty sleep/trap combo with Gengar at times. At this point Primal Groudon was added because it's literally Primal Groudon. Latios was chosen because I wanted a Primal Groudon/Kyogre answer that also lured out things like Tyranitar and Klefki so I didn't always have to rely on predictable Mega Gengar doubles to remove them. Klefki was added to provide a semblance of defensive backbone, serving as half a Darkrai answer and taking on Latios and Geomancy Xerneas. Arceus-Ground rounds out the team as a Diancie check and cleaner that complements Gengar and Darkrai really well.

Klefki and Arceus-Ground are standard sets. Darkrai has Thunder over Sludge Bomb because the move very nearly outclasses Sludge Bomb; your opponent has no business bringing a Fairy in on Darkrai anyway, and in most cases you can just Dark Void them. Mega Gengar's unorthodox set is a boon against hyper offense teams; Icy Wind+Shadow Ball limits their Deoxys-S to just Stealth Rock, almost takes out Salamence one-on-one, and revenge kills Extreme Killer Arceus and Darkrai. Latios is what you requested to build around but I think it fits better here than a Defog set anyway. Primal Groudon's spread lets it more easily take on Extreme Killer Arceus, Geomancy Xerneas, Mega Salamence, and opposing Primal Groudon; Stone Edge is chosen because I felt a bit Ho-Oh weak, but if you wanna drop it for Lava Plume that's cool too.

Andyboy500

I've been meaning to build around Fairy Lock Klefki for a while, thanks for reminding me it existed.

6) Undertaker

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 216 SpD / 40 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 212 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Draco Meteor
- Hex
- Defog

Arceus @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave
- Ice Beam

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Play Rough
- Fairy Lock
- Spikes

The first teammate I chose for your core was a win condition in Hex Mega Gengar; this is because very little appreciates the removal of Primal Groudon more than it, particularly on a team that can't fit Toxic Spikes. Another cool synergy aspect they have is that both Pokemon spread status for it. Primal Groudon was added next. I picked Giratina-O to serve as defensive backbone; it provides a much needed Defogger, Deoxys-S anti-lead, Primal Groudon switch-in, and Arceus-Ground/Extreme Killer Arceus check. Extreme Killer Arceus was slapped on at the end because I needed an Arceus and because I liked the synergy it has with Mega Gengar and it serves as a backup Geomancy Xerneas check and Lati RKing Pokemon for when you wanna suicide Klefki.

I chose Thunder Wave Primal Kyogre after Hex Mega Gengar; one of the things Hex Mega Gengar struggles with is getting status on Latios and Latias to remove them from play but with Thunder Wave Primal Kyogre this is a non-issue. I chose this specific spread on Primal Kyogre because it's likely to outpace the opponent's Primal Groudon and push its shit in with Rain up. If you want to, you can take EVs out of HP and creep it more. I chose the same Giratina-O set that I used on a similar team built with Hack and Wreckdra because it has cool synergy with Mega Gengar; each Pokemon can status and Hex or outright remove some of the other's checks, and Giratina-O really doesn't need either Dragon Tail or Shadow Sneak that badly on a team with this specific defensive backbone. I chose Swords Dance Stealth Rock Primal Groudon to disrupt stall teams, which would otherwise serve as a mild annoyance. I didn't think I needed status on it with four other status users on the team. Extreme Killer's set is standard, it can go the Refresh route if you're scared of CM Ghostceus for some reason but idk why you would be.

Dr Ciel and 2NOus Prime -- I didn't forget about your requests, but it's 2AM and I gotta wake up at 5:30 tomorrow for school so I'd rather get to them later, if that's alright.
Hey, thank you very much! This team looks really cool. I'm not used to using teams like this. But with a little practice, I am fairly confident I can be very successful. You don't mind if I tinker with the sets if I feel fit do you?

Hey, thank you very much! This team looks really cool. I'm not used to using teams like this. But with a little practice, I am fairly confident I can be very successful. You don't mind if I tinker with the sets if I feel fit do you?
The teams are not final drafts. If you think changes should be made to suit you better, or make the team better, by all means do so. The teams obviously have a lot of thought and dedication with them but there are no constraints saying "keep it exactly like this, kthx" lol.

Requesting a team with this mon, balaced pls
Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 200 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Pursuit
- Toxic

is a xerneas check and Latias trapper.

Incidentally this team also fulfills mafreel's request but with different sets. mafreel dude, the third team I posted in this thread features SD Ghostceus and Scarf Xerneas which is a very similar concept. I would make you a squad with SD Ghostceus and Geoxern but I'm sick of building teams around those 2 mons and it'd just end up similar to this or that anyway.
Oh wow, I didn't even remember I posted in this thread.
Never mind man, I got some teams with that core while i was tutored in battling101. But anyway I'll look the teams that you done with that core in past. ;) Thanks

haxiom

God's not dead.
Hi there,
I have this team that I like in ubers, but I think I have some holes in it. Mainly, how to stop that powerful son of a bitch Rayquaza. I havent faced any good users of the pokemon but I would like help in general of how to make the team better. The team consists of Mega Gengar, Yveltal, Ho-oh, Primal Groudon, Latias and Ground Arceus. The importable will follow. Basically, how can I make my team better without sacrificing too much to still check top tier threats? Thanks
Gengar @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Atk / 52 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Recover

Groudon @ Red Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Lava Plume
- Dragon Tail

Latias @ Soul Dew
EVs: 212 HP / 120 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 132 HP / 28 Atk / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Heat Wave
Hey, this isn't the place for this. However, you could post an RMT (make sure to read the rules there!) to get your team rated in the future.

Also I will be updating the builders list pretty soon, stay tuned.

Hey, this isn't the place for this. However, you could post an RMT (make sure to read the rules there!) to get your team rated in the future.

Also I will be updating the builders list pretty soon, stay tuned.
Oh ok thank you. Would you mind posting the link to the page? Thanks for understanding the mix up

Peli

name elevated but i still act average
Saw Alo in C+ on via and wanted to see if it could do anything (p sure its just a worse waterceus)

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Knock Off

I really like the idea of a Wish passer that is a physical wall, and water is a great defensive typing.

Last edited:

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello! I'd like to request a team be made around a core of Salamence-Mega + Rayquaza.

By virtue of his exceptional teambuilding skills, I would like Thugly Duckling to build this masterpiece for me. I cannot WAIT to see the innovation such as PerishTrap Arceus-Dark. Thank you!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)