Multi Gen Ubers Teambuilding Workshop

Hello! I'd like to request a team be made around a core of Salamence-Mega + Rayquaza.

By virtue of his exceptional teambuilding skills, I would like Thugly Duckling to build this masterpiece for me. I cannot WAIT to see the innovation such as PerishTrap Arceus-Dark Thank you!
cloyster/ray/mence/pdon/xern/darkceus was a team I comtemplated using during spl but I changed the ray to ho-oh and darkceus to ekiller eventually. It's a rather fun team nevertheless, and I guess it could run perishtrap arceus-dark too if you are into that stuff lol

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
cloyster/ray/mence/pdon/xern/darkceus was a team I comtemplated using during spl but I changed the ray to ho-oh and darkceus to ekiller eventually. It's a rather fun team nevertheless, and I guess it could run perishtrap arceus-dark too if you are into that stuff lol
that seems cool, the joke was in reference to when i made a team with pdon/ray/mence/keys/latios/ghostceus and he changed the ghostceus to perishtrap darkceus lmao

If this is still going on (pretty sure it is because nothing is said about it being closed) I would like to request a team around Zekrom. I've been playing quite a bit of ubers lately, and I realized no teams in this thread have it, and I think it looks cool so I wanted to use it.

Zekrom @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Outrage
- Draco Meteor/Dragon Claw
- Volt Switch/Tailwind

I don't want to use a choiced set because I feel like both STABs are easily taken advantage of. This life orb set is difficult to switch into because Bolt Strike and Outrage hit like a truck. Draco + Outrage kills Groudon on the switch after rocks and can OHKO defensive Mence without locking yourself into Outrage, and Dragon Claw is just a physical Dragon move that doesn't lock you in and confuse you or doesn't drop its attacking stat. Which ever one you want. Volt Switch keeps momentum, but can be blocked by grounds, while Tailwind is an option for sweeping, and you can pick. If Ferrothorn becomes and issue with the team you can put Focus Blast, but I would prefer one of the other two for the last slot. I would prefer a balanced team, but offense or a bulky offense type team would be fine as well.

Hey! Just wanted to drop an idea. Since I'm on a building spree recently, I've decided to offer my services - feel free to request GEN 4 Pokemon/Core and I'll build a GEN4 team around it for you. Tagging WreckDra so he joins me!
I don't know much about Gen 4, but I think a triple water team would be cool ;O. Something like Scarf/Specs Ogre + Omastar + Kabu (or double water, that's fine too) would be nice :).

absdaddy

Banned deucer.
Hey there smlj , i've got a late christmas present for you.

SD Ray Team

Pretty standard-ish Rayquaza team, basic idea is to get rid of opposing Skarmory/Defensive Groudon/Lugia and sweep with Ray, just like you requested. Lead Dialga allows me to beat leading Dragons (ray, tina-o), Darkrais (getting more popular again, both leads and non-leads) and stuff like rare forry leads.
I opted for Rocks+standard coverage+twave because that's as standard as you can get with Lead Dia - and it's pretty damn effective. Its EVs allow it to outspeed RP Groudon(in case Dialga survived til lategame, it's always a good benchmark to have) it also outspeeds things like Ho-Oh or slow Giratina leads. Modest to hit as hard as possible, rest in HP for a little bulk-boost.
It does lose to TTar / Ho-oh leads sure but these give Kyogre free turns so it's not like they do their stuff for free. You can trap a Kyogre check that way, with a nice double back to Wobby/Scizor. Deo-E is well, Deo-E - not much you can do to this guy other than either attacking twice or going scizor - either way it will get at least 1 layer up; thankfully these are dropping in popularity. Draco everything and you'll be fine. Feel free to make it slower if you want to - it's also a viable option, i just like my Dialgas to be a little speedy...

Rayquaza is your standard Swords Dancer here - I've decided to use Adamant because I think guaranteed +2 ESpeed kill on Palkia is a little more important than beating non-scarf Timid Dialga but feel free to change it. Dialga gets disposed of by Wobby while Palkia has easier time beating said Wobb especially if it switches on a wrong move in rain. No fire move because +2 EQ kills scizor anyway and Forretress is really rare - trust me, you'd rather use EQ to kill Jirachi which is on many, many teams. Dclaw > Outrage, it's simple - locking factor. It's not like +2 Adamant Dragon Claw is something things can just switch on. It does miss a KO chance on Defensive Groudon but that's what Kyogre is for.

I don't have much to say about Wobby, other than that it's standard (lol). Tickle+Pursuit from Scizor handle Lugia nicely(huuge threat to our Rayquaza). You know what to do - dispose of choiced dragons/latis/Lugia with it, it's that simple.

Defensive CM Kyogre is a backup winning condition + our Groudon answer, it's really really bulky and can setup on many things - it synergizes with Ray nicely and can also make use of Wobby encoring things for free setup - moveset is pretty basic, RestTalk combo for recovery, Calm Mind for setup(duh) and the attack of choice is Surf. Simple and very reliable. Basically anything that's physical that's not a +2 Adamant LO Ray will be handled by this monster. Status absorbing also helps vs "lategame" Darkrais - they're scary to face so emergency option against those is always good.

CB Scizor is here to kill Lugia, provide secondary priority and check dragons. While it doesn't like switching on Fire moves directly unless the rain is up, it can take Spacial Rends and Draco Meteors like a champion, often u-turning out to Wobby, trapping the helpless dragon(unless it's a lustkia). Tickle Wobbuffet + Pursuit Scizor is a really nasty combination allowing player to take out Lugia / HP Fire-less Giratina-O basically for free. Against teams that don't have either of these two, Scizor is still useful - CB Bullet Punch is nothing to make fun of and it still retains its momentum gaining abilities.

Scarf Palkia - the cookie cutter revenge killer. Outspeeds everything up to Scarf Chomp/Scarf Rai, main revenge killer of the team. I've decided to run Outrage+Hasty Nature to pick off Latis/Blissey, rest is pretty standard. Surf is a reliable STAB move boosted further by rain, Spacial Rend is your "click and kill" move most of the time that hits half of the metagame at least neutrally and Thunder is there to round up the coverage and hit Kyogres supereffectively. It's pretty spammable because even though you're locked and there's quite a few Thunder immunities/resists in ubers, none of them will want to switch directly on a Spacial Rend/Surf(groudon, garchomp, giratina). Para chance is useful, especially if you have Dilwar 's luck and paralyze the opponent with every single thunder.

Overall i think this is a pretty solid offensive team, it does have its flaws but smart playing can mitigate the weaknesses - and that's the idea i had in mind when building it. Lead Deo-E on this is an option but then you'd end up with iris offense - and that's what i wanted to avoid.

Dialga @ Lum Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Wobbuffet @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 20 HP / 252 Def / 236 SpD
Calm Nature
- Encore
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Tickle

Kyogre @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 200 HP / 64 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Spacial Rend
- Surf
- Thunder
- Outrage

ogasian , I'll post yours soon!

Last edited:

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Jhonx~

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Atk / 56 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- Substitute
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Judgment

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 216 Atk / 216 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Thunder Wave
- Rock Slide
- Precipice Blades

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Def / 180 SpA / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Thunder Wave
- Hex
- Draco Meteor

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Protect
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Ferrothorn isn't a fantastic mon, but it's sorta cool that it checks Primal Kyogre, Arceus-Water, Zekrom, soft checks a variety of things, and can set Spikes. This build is very similar to standard Ho-Oh BOs, although it utilizes some interesting techs. Ferro can't really do much to incoming Ho-Oh so the squad began with Mega Diancie and Arceus-Water. Mega Diancie was slotted as the SR setter since I wanted to be able to run Swords Dance + Thunder Wave Primal Groudon while Toxic is there to punish some of the more common Mega Diancie switch-ins. Ferro balances / bulky offenses usually seem to feel a bit Darkrai weak, so Mega Diancie also helps against this problem. Ho-Oh was added to provide some additional offense, soft check Xerneas, and to check CM Arceus. The team needed more counter play against SD Arceus, a Ghost-type, a Defogger, and a Ground immunity that doesn't get crushed by Rock coverage, so Giratina-O was added in the final slot. I went with a Thunder Wave + Hex set as to stop Xern setup, cripple incoming fastmons, and have really strong special attacking options as things like Klefki and ttar are already sufficiently covered.

You can do some set tweaks if you like, particularly on Ho-Oh and Gira-O. Sleep Talk and / or a faster spread for Ho-Oh can be used, the first gives you additional counter play against Darkrai and the second can help against opposing base 90s. Gira-O can run a more traditional spread with Attack investment with Shadow Sneak and Dragon Tail as to gain priority and be able to phase SD Arceus. There is also the option to run support SR Primal Groudon and free up Mega Diancie's moveset.

Last edited:
i run a similar team w. sd sr fast groudon, protect diancie and standard gira-o. it's a decent team, but it struggles against sd groudon kinda and lacks ways to regain momentum. this is especially problematic vs ho and darkrai in particular

small things to help it slightly more.

i think jolly is necessary cause ray doesn't have a buddy to help him and he is a one shot dude since dialga can't get keep sr off (+lo). you don't want people keepin fast gira in and sac it only to find out their gira was faster all along. you can't really cut corners anymore in the 95 region sadly

i don't think thunderwave is too necessary. i think brick break is a viable option to keep momentum on ttar teams. i can see the merit of gettin greedy dudes tryin to kill off the lead dialga with a faster dialga / gira.

tickle and band isn't necessary, id opt for leftovers and roost maybe. ive never liked band on wobber teams cause pursuit is awful to be trapped on (dam im clever). at least if you trap somethin, you get the solid uturn option on the set up incomin. but thats a personal thingy. i mean, band bp is p strong

kyogre is kinda a momentum killer. like the bane of wob teams are things like lustrous palkia and other set up dudes and kyogre invites a lot of em in. i like the defensive idea but i fear it could be too much of a liability. but i haven't played against one or used one so i don't kno yo. i just fear it goin somethin like this:

kyogre ---> palkia (if you double you still get owned which is why im hesitant) ---> wob kills it (usually, barring the rare aqua tail shenanigans) ---> opponents scarfer has free reign.
or
kyogre ---> palkia ---> somethin dies / palkia switchin ---> lose all momentum.

so would the best thing to do is roar and skip sleep talk?

this is all conjecture and the kyogre part should be taken with les grains of salt, but thats my thinkin. it is a nice wobber team though. those are pretty rare these days too.

Jhonx~

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Atk / 56 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- Substitute
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Judgment

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Thunder Wave
- Rock Slide
- Precipice Blades

EVs: 252 Def / 180 SpA / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Thunder Wave
- Hex
- Draco Meteor

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Protect
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Ferrothorn isn't a fantastic mon, but it's sorta cool that it checks Primal Kyogre, Arceus-Water, Zekrom, soft checks a variety of things, and can set Spikes. This build is very similar to standard Ho-Oh BOs, although it utilizes some interesting techs. Ferro can't really do much to incoming Ho-Oh so the squad began with Mega Diancie and Arceus-Water. Mega Diancie was slotted as the SR setter since I wanted to be able to run Swords Dance + Thunder Wave Primal Groudon while Toxic is there to punish some of the more common Mega Diancie switch-ins. Ferro balances / bulky offenses usually seem to feel a bit Darkrai weak, so Mega Diancie also helps against this problem. Ho-Oh was added to provide some additional offense, soft check Xerneas, and to check CM Arceus. The team needed more counter play against SD Arceus, a Ghost-type, a Defogger, and a Ground immunity that doesn't get crushed by Rock coverage, so Giratina-O was added in the final slot. I went with a Thunder Wave + Hex set as to stop Xern setup, cripple incoming fastmons, and have really strong special attacking options as things like Klefki and ttar are already sufficiently covered.

You can do some set tweaks if you like, particularly on Ho-Oh and Gira-O. Sleep Talk and / or a faster spread for Ho-Oh can be used, the first gives you additional counter play against Darkrai and the second can help against opposing base 90s. Gira-O can run a more traditional spread with Attack investment with Shadow Sneak and Dragon Tail as to gain priority and be able to phase SD Arceus. There is also the option to run support SR Primal Groudon and free up Mega Diancie's moveset.

Thanks for the team Brother, i really like this one, im testing it and giving me good scores, i love the team, u have my respect

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
LorisMasta17

EVs: 252 Atk / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Shadow Force

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Earth Power
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast

Arceus @ Life Orb
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Rock Slide
- Precipice Blades

Darkrai @ Focus Sash
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast
- Dark Pulse

Zekrom @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Claw
- Outrage
- Bolt Strike
Foregoing a Shuca Berry on Zekrom for a Life Orb reduces it's defensive synergy, although the extra power makes running maximum Speed less costly. I decided to run Substitute to mess with stall more, and ease prediction when you force switches. Outrage can 2HKO all standard P Don sets after SR. Since this Zekrom set won't do much to opposing HO outside of pressuring non max Speed 90s and making the odd trade, team support needed to make sure opposing HOs were sufficiently handled. Timid offensive Mega Diancie anti leads some offenses pretty well, provides a much needed Darkrai check, and is the primary weapon against Lati. Earth Power is run to hit P Don and some Steel-types because without Shuca Zekrom this team has three Ground weaknesses. Focus Sash Darkrai does well against pretty much all playstyles; Focus Blast OHKOs offensive Mega Dianice at +2, OHKOs pretty much all Mega Diancie spreads after SR, and has targets in ttar and some others like Klefki. EKiller runs Ice Beam over Stone Edge or Shadow Claw on this team because lack of a Shuca Berry on Zekrom prevents it from being a solid Mence check. With Ice Beam Mence has no setup opportunities, and it also deals a decent amount to Giratina-O, OHKOs Landorus-T, and OHKOs the irrelevant Gliscor. Giratina-O was added because the team needed a Ground immunity, a primary response to opposing EKiller, and another way to revenge fast Psychics / Ghosts.

Another potential arrangement for this team is Zekrom / P Don / Darkrai / Scarf Xern / Mega Mence / Arc Ghost

absdaddy

Banned deucer.
ogasian , here's your Triple Water Team. Sorry for the delay mate.

WATER OVERLOAD! Gotta love it. This is a cool water-oriented offensive team as requested by ogasian and before I start I would like to thank Iris for his advice on polishing up the squad. He also came up with one of the most crucial changes on the team so yeah, don't thank just me! Let's start, shall we?

First off, we have an Offensive Gira-O leading. Given how the team works, with Kingdra sweeping endgame and all, I thought it'd be a good idea to antilead mainly Deoxys-e and Froslass. Why? Because none of the team members bar Giratina resists Spikes and with Kingdra racking up Life Orb recoil, this could be an issue. Gira-O lead is solid in general - speed EVs allow you to outspeed or speedtie mirror leads (if they carry hp fire). Leading Giras usually have that HP Fire so at worst you tie against it. Offensive investment makes Giratina hit hard on both sides of the spectrum, with little wanting to switch on it bar things like Jirachi or Bronzong. HP Fire is the filler move of choice because even though I'd normally put EQ/Thunder here, this team has some issues with Stall so HP Fire is here to patch that and hit Forretress hard. I guess it nails Scizor too. Dclaw + Sneak combo limit Deo leads to one layer of hazards. If Giratina finds itself healthy after the first few turns, it can also be used as a check to Groudon, Lucario or it can pick off weakened Latis/Mewtwo if their HP is low enough.

Scizor - this is the crucial change Iris came up with. It used to be a Scarf Jirachi but the team had more problems with Latis and Lucario, and this is what we run to patch it. SCARF SCIZOR BOYS. You can hard switch on any Lati attack bar Surf in rain / Hidden Power Fire, often making the Lati player think "hey, this just took 80% from my Thunder, i'll just Dragon Pulse and kill it, right?" NOPE. This thing is a momentum machine against those, winning free turns and scoring some really important kills. With Superpower as its coverage, it also serves as a main check to Lucario which does a number to everything on the team otherwise, with almost nothing to revenge it once it gets a boost. It's not like Luke just sets up SDs left and right against this team but its still a threat to consider and that's what Scizor is for. Scarf Bullet Punch might not look tempting but its still there, and it can still pick off weakened Rayquazas and other things that carry priority moves. Jolly nature allows Scizor to hit 372 speed, just enough to outspeed Latis and everything slower. It doesn't jump on Darkrai but don't worry, we've got it covered.

Palkia is the first "water mon" on the team, rocking a Lustrous Orb. Since we have a scarfer/revenge killer already, there was no need to scarf the Palkia and this is the effect. Pretty standard set with Aqua Tail to hit things like Blissey(or anything really) hard in rain. Spacial rend is your 'click and kill' move, great coverage in this gen because of the lack of fairies, and also because not many steel types can directly switch on Palkia in rain so you'll find yourself often clicking just this. Thunder hits Kyogre and has a "100%" para chance, with said Ogre being a threat if we didn't run it. Fire Blast provides a way to hit the steels outside rain, pretty useful move. There's not much to say about this mon, it's here to check Kyogre, hit hard and abuse the rain. People know my love for Scarf Palkias so I often play aggresively with this team bluffing Scarf Set, often getting some surprise kills.

Kyogre was a mandatory pick. What's a rain-based team without Kyogre? It provides necessary rain and a way to deal with Groudon/Tyranitar, since it's a defensive set. Sleep Talk is used to provide a way to deal with Darkrai - this is the dedicated sleep absorber of the team. Rai is not THAT hard to deal with even if we're physically defensive so don't worry too much about it. This particular Kyogre set checks half of the metagame and can also be the winning condition if things go wrong. At first, i ran Mystic Water 3 Attacks Thunder Wave lure set here but Darkrai weakness was a little too much without such a simple move as Sleep talk. Try to save Kyogre if opponent revealed a weather mon like TTar or Groudon, or if you're good enough to call one. Standard set again, physical bulk to beat groudons, jirachis, scizors et cetera, Modest nature is preferred to hit a little bit harder because Impish doesn't make Kyogre live anything significant. This Kyogre often finds itself luring helpless Latis, and Scizor takes care of these easily. If you're "real" you can try doubling Kyo > Sciz right away and pave yourself a way for an easy win as early as possible.

What's an Absdaddy team without a mandatory Garchomp? Don't worry, it's here. And it still kicks ass. Its main role on the team is to set up Stealth Rock and provide an immunity to thunders/thunder waves. EV Spread is pretty standard, with Max Speed/Attack and a Jolly nature, outspeeding any other non-choiced Dragon not named Latis, but these are often Modest(especially latios) so you can even kill those. Swords Dance is here to not be a deadweight against slower bulkier teams and if these rely on Scarf Palkia/Dialga to kill boosted, non-scarf Chomps - this is when Haban Berry comes into play. Since the most common Chomp at the moment is Salac, not many people expect their dragons to fail when going against a CHOMP. They're wrong. Anything faster that's not a Latios / Latias Draco Meteor will fail to KO, often allowing Garchomp to kill them in return. (I'm not counting things like Modest LO Dialga because it kills through haban obviously but that's not faster). Basically a glue mon, can nab some surprise kills and sometimes even clean up on its own.

Last but not least, mixed Kingdra. Its teammates try their hardest to make cleaning lategame easier for it - Rayquaza, Weather Setters and priority users (scizors, lucarios, even deo-f) are all covered. EV Spread, once again, to hit as hard as possible while hitting necessary speed benchmark. 253 speed allows you to outspeed absolutely everything in rain bar Scarf Darkrai, Scarf Mewtwo and Scarf Skymin. While its optimal to run 251, these two more points are here mainly to creep Rock Polish Groudon and opposing Kingdras - better to be safe than sorry. Moves are self explanatory - Hydro Pump is the STAB move of choice, reaching absurd levels of power with the rain boost and a life orb boost. It's used over Surf to secure a 2hko on Lugia regardless of hazards. Why am I lying, I just use it because it hits harder lol. Draco Meteor is a powerful secondary STAB, hitting many things at least neutrally like a ton of bricks - anything that's not afraid of rain boosted Hydro Pump will not like a Draco to the face and vice versa. There are things like Ludicolo, Blissey, Tentacruel, SDef Ogres and for those this Kingdra has its physical moves. Waterfall in rain hits as hard as Outrage, always 2hkoing Blissey in the rain and also killing Tyranitar outside of rain in two hits. Outrage rounds up the moveset, providing a way to severely damage SDef Kyogres mentioned before and also Latias(bulkier sets live a draco).

I hope you like the team, I personally really like this build and I think it does a good job at showing how good Kingdra is with proper support. Really underrated mon. Once again, a shoutout to Iris, his "rate" was a true eye opener and definitely played a big part in making this team better than the initial build.

EVs: 192 Atk / 64 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Scizor @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Palkia @ Lustrous Orb
Hasty Nature
- Thunder
- Spacial Rend
- Aqua Tail
- Fire Blast

Kyogre @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 240 HP / 244 Def / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Garchomp (M) @ Haban Berry
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 80 Atk / 240 SpA / 188 Spe
Rash Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Outrage
- Waterfall

@ edit
if dd ray causes too much trouble feel free to use scarf rachi > scizor but that doesn't help much vs latis so pick your poison

Last edited:

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Peli ,
I built an Alomomola team.

Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Knock Off

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 224 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Lava Plume
- Roar

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Toxic
- Ice Beam

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 124 SpD / 136 Spe
Calm Nature
- Protect
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Arceus-Dragon @ Draco Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Recover
- Defog

The team is a stall build with Alomomola functioning as the teams Wish passer, while also helping to check Ho-Oh, Primal Groudon, and other physical threats. Mega Diancie is a neat partner, as it fills the role of a cleric for this team and has access to Magic Bounce which is important for stall; it can help check opposing Ho-Oh as well and appreciates Alomomola's Wishes greatly. I went for a bit of a more specially defensive set to help with Darkrai and Yveltal, since the rest of the team covers Ho-Oh pretty well. Lugia on a stall build is pretty standard, considering how good it is defensively; same with Primal Groudon. Ferrothorn was added as a check for Latios and Primal Kyogre. For the last Pokemon, I picked Dragon Arceus since it's a quite solid replacement since Water Arceus would clash with Alomomola; however, Ground Arceus is another possible option. If you wanted, you could try running Rest / Sleep Talk / Lava Plume / Roar Primal Groudon and Stealth Rock Ferrothorn. Overall this is a pretty neat stall build I think. Sweep has a similar one I believe.

Also I'm adding absdaddy to the builder list and posting his teams in the OP.

Wings of Night

I COULD BE BANNED!
Requesting a team with:

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Skill Swap

and

Arceus-Dragon @ Draco Plate
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Recover
- Defog

Unfortunately I suck at teambuilding and always end up being 6-0d by something important if I try to build around those 2. Bronzong checks the fairies which threaten Arc-Dragon while Arc checks stuff like support Pdon w/ fire move or Ho-Oh. If you feel like changing spreads/moves, you can do it. Would be really nice if someone can build me a team around those 2, thx already :]

Requesting for a team with the two following mons. Palkia hits pretty hard and is quite versatile but it needs a lot of physical defensive suoport. I can't seem to build a team around these 2 without removing the Ground weakness. If the movesets aren't optimal, just change it freely.

Gengar-mega @ gengarite
- Protect
- Hex
- Sludge Wave
- Will-o-wisp

Palkia @ Lustrous Orb/Life Orb
- Spacial Rend
- Hydro pump
- Fire Blast/ Thunder
- Focus Punch/ Thunder wave/ Toxic

I would like a DPP team that includes Cosmic Power Deoxys-Speed (with Tspikes support).

Here's the set:
Deoxys-Speed @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Taunt
- Night Shade / Ice Beam
- Recover

Thnx in advance ^_^

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Still waiting for my CM Bugceus team =(
Don't worry bro, I got you covered.

stalltwo check 1 (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Atk / 52 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance
- Thunder Wave

stalltwo check 2 (Xerneas) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
Rash Nature
- Moonblast
- Megahorn
- Focus Blast
- Sleep Talk

stalltwo check 3 (Arceus-Bug) @ Insect Plate
Modest Nature
- Judgment
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Stone Edge

stalltwo check 4 (Salamence-Mega) @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge
- Roost
- Refresh

stalltwo check 5 (Giratina-Origin) @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 248 Atk / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Force
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Sneak
- Defog

stalltwo check 6 (Bronzong) @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Skill Swap

So Calm Mind Arceus-Bug is a menace that is sorely undervalued by the community, except for the part that there is no configuration of STAB + 1-2 coverage moves that will let it get past Primal Groudon, Ho-Oh, Mega Salamence, Ghosts, and Fairies with any sort of efficiency. Or at all. Thankfully, Arceus-Bug is so mighty it doesn't even need to bother with Calm Mind, so you can gleefully run four attacking moves to make any potential Bug check regret switching into this beast! On a good day, the invincible Arceus-Bug might be able to get a surprise hit off on a Fairy resist such as Primal Groudon, Ho-Oh, or Klefki so that Scarf Xerneas stands a 6.25*(number of Pokemon on the opponent's team)% chance of cleaning up in the late game!

Xerneas even comes equipped with Megahorn and Sleep Talk to take on things such as Stalltwo and Darkrai so that orch can actually play Pokemon into double-digit turn counts! This just illustrates why keeping the client in mind is of vital importance for these workshop threads. :)

As cool as Arceus-Bug is though, it can't (read: won't - it's not a sniveling prole for you to boss around) do everything on its own, so the rest of the team is geared towards duties that are beneath the illustrious insect lord, such as actually winning Pokemon battles. Primal Groudon and Bronzong focus on checking Fairies, with the latter's Stealth Rock access allowing Primal Groudon to take on a stallbreaking role with the familiar SD + TWave combo. Bronzong serves as a backup answer to Xerneas and Mega Diancie while also acting as a check to Arceus-Ground and Lati@s. Giratina-O provides Defog support, a way to check SD Ghostceus and Primal Groudon, and an antilead for Deoxys. Mega Salamence provides a second switchin to Primal Groudon as well as a Ho-Oh check and a second win condition for the late game.

"But Fireburn, this team sucks! It's 6-0ed by CM Arceus Ghost!" - Not to worry friends, we have that covered with something I believe the kids refer to nowadays as a "cripsE heater burrito innovation" - specially defensive Mega Salamence. If you suspect Arceus-Ghost is getting ready to use Calm Mind, you just switch Salamence right in and Dragon Dance up! +1 Spooky Plate Judgment only does 44.5 - 52.6%, so you can potentially Roost stall it or get in a second Dragon Dance. If they Calm Mind again or you don't feel like pushing your luck, a +1 Double Edge will safely put CM Arceus-Ghost into Shadow Sneak range from Giratina-O. Don't worry, this is a completely 100% tournament safe way to handle CM Arceus-Ghost. Just ask any proven tournament player, such as none other than Smogon's very own Jirachee:

[21:49]jirachee: .

To conclude, this team is untested, which means its undefeated, so obviously its good. Hopefully orch enjoys this team with Calm Mind Arceus-Bug. n_n

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)