Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

What have I done...Ah well, I asked for it. This is my first SC, and I didn't realize "hard" meant "completely absurd". Which is a shame because it seems neat. I'll drop the BP40 restriction so it doesn't sit in the back of the team despised and useless, and the solo all Bugs restriction because there's someone else who needs to do that. Other than that, I'll roll with it.
I'm fine with that.

I just now noticed that I forgot to post my successful Brawly fight on my Ruby scramble, so here it is - after half an hour and several unsuccessful tries.

I have another episode played, but I haven't uploaded it to YouTube yet. I'll post again when I do!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
SwampySwampert: You get DoublePost the Sewaddle. Whenever Sewaddle is on the battlefield, whether you move or use an item on it, you must perform the exact same action two turns in a row before you can do something else. This restriction carries over inbetween battles so if you take out something before you do the second action, you must perform the same action on the first turn of the next battle you do this. If the Sewaddle is not in the party at any time or its level is 10 or more below the highest leveled member on your team from the second Rival Battle onwards, this restriction applies to the entire team while it is not in the party or its level is 10 or more levels below the highest leveled team member.

SwampySwampert: You get DoublePost the Sewaddle. Whenever Sewaddle is on the battlefield, whether you move or use an item on it, you must perform the exact same action two turns in a row before you can do something else. This restriction carries over inbetween battles so if you take out something before you do the second action, you must perform the same action on the first turn of the next battle you do this. If the Sewaddle is not in the party at any time or its level is 10 or more below the highest leveled member on your team from the second Rival Battle onwards, this restriction applies to the entire team while it is not in the party or its level is 10 or more levels below the highest leveled team member.
Sure!

SwampySwampert take Mystery the _______, where ________ is the first Pokemon you find in the Route 22 Hidden Grotto. (If you accidentally kill it, you have to keep resetting the grotto until you encounter the same mon you killed the first time.)

If ________ is Amoonguss, Mystery must switch out anytime it takes a hit. You may also never use healing items on it. Defeat Marlon, where Amoonguss is the only Pokemon that uses a move on Marlon's Pokemon (I can't say solo since you have to be switching a lot but it's the idea). Lead with it against Kyurem-B.

If ________ is Pelipper, it must learn Rain Dance and Roost right away. If the weather is not Rain, it must use Rain Dance, and if it is below 50% health, it must use Roost (and cannot use healing items below 50% health). If Roost is out of PP and Pelipper is under 50% health, you must use Ether on Roost (this is the only exception to the healing items rule). Solo an Elite Four member.

If _______ is Mienfoo, it must learn Jump Kick and High Jump Kick ASAP, and must lead every battle with either move. Solo Marlon's Jellicent to evolve.

EDIT:
CowboyJake take Magic! the Gyarados.

You have no restrictions as a Magikarp, because that's not allowed. However, once you evolve your Magikarp (you MUST evolve at level 20, nice try), things start happening. Magical things.

Firstly, as a Magikarp its dream had always been to climb waterfalls, and it kept splashing persistently as it trained itself to do so. As a Gyarados, well, a 23-foot serpent can climb whatever waterfall it wants to, as long as it just keeps splashing higher and higher. Thus you must always keep Splash on your movepool. In addition, learn and keep Waterfall when you get it.

Now, you may be asking, this challenge is easy, right? After all, once you get to Couriway Town, you get the almighty Gyaradosite! However, with Mega Evolution comes a price, and the price of Gyarados is quite severe --- while you have Gyarados in your party no other Pokemon may hold a Mega Stone. It also demands being in your party for every gym battle, regardless of whether it intends to participate. In addition, Gyarados must always hold its Mega Stone, but may not Mega Evolve unless it survives an Electric-type attack from a Pokemon no less than ten levels under Gyarados.

Oh, and speaking of Electric-types, you must solo every Electric-type Pokemon you encounter with Gyarados (after evolution of course). And yes, this includes Clemont.

TL;DR:
-Evolve at level 20, no later.
-Keep Splash forever, also learn and keep Waterfall forever.
-While Gyarados is in your party, no other Pokemon may hold a Mega Stone.
-Must be in your party for every gym battle.
-Once you get its Mega Stone, that is the only item it may hold.
-May not Mega Evolve unless it survives an Electric-type attack from a Pokemon no less than ten levels lower than it.
-Solo every Electric-type Pokemon as Gyarados (NOTE: obviously this solo is void if Gyarados is boxed)
-Solo Clemont.

Last edited:
It's been ages since I've given out any challAnges... time to fix that!

SwampySwampert, you get Scrub the Zubat. Scrub is, well, a scrub, who believes that many different things are "cheap". So first of all, he may never evolve into Crobat, because base 130 Speed is too cheap. He also cannot hold the Eviolite, because he also considers a 1.5x boost to both defenses to be "cheap". Trying to explain to him the error of his ways is pointless; after all, he is a huge scrub!

Scrub also hates it when any other trainer uses "cheap" strategies: Whenever an opponent's Pokemon uses any Evasion or Confusion moves, Scrub must switch in and solo it. Finally, Scrub must solo Drayden and at least 3 of Iris's Pokemon, because since Dragons have almost no weaknesses, they are clearly "cheap".

CowboyJake, I'll give you Windy the Aerodactyl. What's that, you say? Aerodactyl is S-ranked in the XY in-game tiers? Ha... ha ha ha... it won't be that easy. Windy wants to fly the fastest. Faster than the fastest. Windy wants to control the wind itself. First of all, it must always know Agility, and must always be at at least +2 Speed. It can never Mega Evolve: even though it would give it +20 Speed, all the extra rocks weigh it down and make it way less aerodynamic. Second, it believes that the best way to fight is by swooping in, lightly attacking the target, and flying off before they know what happened. Since ΔP=Ft, and F=ma, delivering a heavy blow consisting of a lot of force to the target would severely slow it down. So, to keep up its speed, it may not use any Physical attacks above 60 BP. The limit does not apply to Special attacks, because they do not involve exerting any kind of force.

To test itself against the bitter cold, it must solo Wulfric.

Last edited:
I think I will start this from Emerald.

- Need a moderate challenge for Emerald
- No Grinding please
- The pokemon(s) [Six] should be difficult to find and train
- The battling should be restrictive with respect to items and switches
- Prefer more like an Anime style adventure

Thanks in advance.

Gale Wing Srock take Annoygon the Trapinch. You may not run from or intentionally faint any Trapinch until you catch Annoygon.

Evolve all the way to Flygon ASAP, as the whole challenge is based on a potentially annoying Flygon.

Once a Flygon, the real challenge starts, and it depends on whether Annoygon's nature is "annoying" or not.

Annoying natures are Brave, Adamant, Naughty, Bold, Impish, Hasty, Jolly, Rash, Sassy.

If Annoygon has an annoying nature:

• Annoygon even annoys its own teammates! Only five Scramblemons can be in the party at any given time.
  • Annoygon must learn and keep two or three annoying moves from this list: Sand Attack, Protect, Double Team.
  • Annoygon must lead with an annoying move whenever used in battle.
If Annoygon has a non-annoying nature:
  • Annoygon may not learn Sand Attack, Protect, or Double Team.
  • Annoygon must learn, keep, and lead with Sand Tomb.
Either way, solo Juan and Wallace. And no items during these solos!

Too easy? Too hard? Let me know and I'll change it!

Last edited:
Gale Wing Srock take Molasses the Slugma.

You asked for hard to train? Well here it is--a hulking 20 speed monstrosity that evolves at Level 38. And gains two 4x weaknesses once it evolves. One of which is Water. At the point in the game where everything is Water-type.

Whenever Molasses is in your party, whichever Pokemon has the lowest Speed stat in your party must lead, without the item Smoke Ball. Also, if you catch it with a +Speed nature, catch another, and use the first Slugma you get without a +Speed nature. Also, neither Molasses nor any of its teammates may learn any moves with elevated priority. Oh, and no using X-Speeds. Ever.

Molasses will be intensely jealous of any Pokemon with at least three times its Base Speed. Thus, it must solo them, unless it is fainted or it conflicts with an existing solo. This restriction persists indefinitely.

You may also not evolve into Magcargo until you solo 10 Pokemon with Base Speed at least four times that of Slugma, and you may also not evolve into Magcargo until after clearing Team Aqua's hideout in Lilycove.

(Yes I used this thing in a Nuzlocke and it was the most painful thing ever)

Also, give me a Pokemon HeartGold Scramble. Make it Hard but not tedious.
What do I mean by that? Well, Hard is akin to a Leavanny having to solo Skyla (which I once did in Black!) while tedious is more like "solo 20 trainer-owned electric-type mons to evolve". In that same vein, if you give me something that requires a lot of grinding (think: Swinub, Diglett), you may want to ease some of the restrictions.
I can trade but I will only do so to evolve Pokemon.
I need something before Falkner that can actually beat Falkner.
Give me five Scramblemons. I like the luxury of having an HM slave that I don't need to rotate members of my team for. Once I get five mons, if they sufficiently cover all HMs, I may ask for a sixth.
Other than that, go wild!

Mons:
AOPSUser take Ordinary? the Koffing.

It's just an ordinary Koffing - but watch out, because it's no ordinary Koffing!
  • Learn and keep both Smog and Poison Gas.
  • Because it's no ordinary Koffing, it wants to prove itself. Solo all Koffing, Weezing, Grimer, and Muk. Other mons' solos take priority over this one.
  • Ordinary? has spent too much time with Team Rocket. Solo all Team Rocket Executives in the Mahogany Hideout and the Radio Tower to evolve.
  • Finally, if you're going into Kanto, solo Misty, Janine, and Sabrina. (If you're ending after Johto, just skip this restriction.)
AOPSUser, take Whitney the Miltank.

It wants to be like Whitney's Miltank. You must catch one on Route 38 - you may not leave until you get one. Its moves must be Attract, Rollout, Stomp, and Milk Drink. If it gets into the yellow, you MUST use Milk Drink. You must use Attract on all male Pokémon, no matter whether they are wild or trained. Also, it must hold a Lum Berry at all times. Finally, to make things interesting, solo Chuck.
AOPUser, take Pacifist the Meganium.

Pacifist is a very sweet a gentle Pokemon, and is, well, a pacifist. It hates to fight, and will only do so if forced. Pacifist is only allowed to have one attacking move, and it must be a grass type move, but this move cannot be Solarbeam or Petal Dance. If you have other attacking moves in your moveslot, you are not allowed to use them. Your final moveslot should consist of three status moves and one attacking move. You are not allowed to have or use status moves that cause pain to the opponent (Leech Seed, Poison Powder, Toxic, etc). Since Pacifist loves to help its team, it must have either Reflect or Light Screen in its final moveset (you can have both), and as soon as it gets one of these moves, it must always start off a battle with it (only if you decide to lead with it, though).

In order for Pacifist to evolve from Chikorita into Bayleef, it must solo that guy's Hoothoot in Sprout Tower (don't remember his name, but he's the one who gives you Flash and he has a Hoothoot).

In order for it to evolve from Bayleef into Meganium, it must first learn Light Screen (which it learns at level 36 I believe).

Finally, it must always be holding a Leaf Stone. This restriction is not fully enforced until after you beat Chuck.
I too need more mons for my Y scramble (4 more)

AOPSUser, Take Pride the Scyther

This Scyther always felt like it had something to prove, if not for others, for its pride.

- Scyther may not evolve until you solo Brock (or, if you are not going to Kanto, solo Jasmine)

- Scyther must solo any pokemon who's type is strong against Scyther's, unless he/she is fainted. Or unless this conflicts with another solo.

- Pride feels like it's too shameful to use healing items in battle, and also switching between turns (if you aren't playing on set)
AOPS, take a geodude, name it whatever you like.

This geodude is upset that it cannot be evolved into Golem without trading, so it refuses to evolve at all. Have it hold the everstone once you get it in order to facilitate this, and cancel all attempts at evolving.

In order to compensate for this restriction, geodude feels that it should learn moves that are as powerful as possible. However, it does not believe power ratings on moves are accurate. Instead, it believes in the power of technology. Whenever you obtain a new TM or HM that geodude can learn, you must immediately teach this move to geodude, unless it already knows it or this would conflict with another restriction. Moves learned by TM may only be replaced by TM or HM moves, moves learned by HM may never be replaced.

To show off its strength, geodude must solo one gym leader (other than Falkner) and one E4 member of your choice. By the E4, geodude must know both strength and rock smash.
Updates here.

Last edited:
Update 1a:

Trainer Name:
Gale
Badges: None
Money: 3300
Pokemon:
Torchic (Lvl 7, Male, Flair, Adamant)
Wingull (Lvl 2, Male, Gilly, Careful)

Town: Petalburg City

Adventure Log:
- Saved Prof. Birch from Zigzagoon using Torchic.
- Found May in Route 103 and won against her Mudkip.
- Got the Pokedex from Prof. Birch.
- Captured Wingull in Route 103.
- Fought Trainers in Route 102.
- Reached Petalburg City

Gale Wing Srock take You Better Have Antidote! the Seviper.

Seviper is completely obsessed with poisoning everyone and everything. As such, Seviper must always poison a target (through secondary effects or with Toxic/another move) before it can directly attack them with moves without a poison chance. If the opposing Pokémon is immune to poison, Seviper must switch in and solo them (without poisoning). You may never use status healing items on Seviper because it is trying to CAUSE status, and never switch out unless the opponent is poisoned. Good luck!

PSDuckie, AOPSUser and Phione,

Thank you guys, although I have a question. What happens when the scramble mons have their rules overlapping each other.

So when facing Juan and Wallace, or when opposing pokemon is immune to poison, its possible that there is a Pokemon with at least three times the Base Speed of Slugma / Magcargo. So is there is a way to give priority to a scramble mon?

Also, AOPS Molasses seems a bit difficult to pull off. But I am going to give it a try. Thanks again for suggesting gr8 scramble mons guys.

"Thus, it must solo them, unless it is fainted or it conflicts with an existing solo."

I made Molasses' soloes lowest priority on purpose :O

It's just an ordinary Koffing - but watch out, because it's no ordinary Koffing!
  • Because it's no ordinary Koffing, it wants to prove itself. Solo all Koffing, Weezing, Grimer, and Muk. Other mons' solos take priority over this one.
  • Ordinary? has spent too much time with Team Rocket. Solo all Team Rocket Executives in the Mahogany Hideout and the Radio Tower to evolve.
  • Finally, if you're going into Kanto, solo Misty, Janine, and Sabrina. (If you're ending after Johto, just skip this restriction.)

Two useless moveslots :( Sabrina will certainly be fun. Accepted.

Okay thank you guys, will post with my next update. Will probably try to finish until the first Gym or make the trip to the first badge a three (small) update one (like 1a, 1b, 1c).

First Update:
-Chose Antimagic the Fennekin
-Lost horribly to Shauna's Chespin
-Painfully made it to first Gym with only Scratch, Tail Whip and Howl
-Learned Flame Charge, wrecked first Gym
-Obtained Special the Bulbasaur from Prof. Sycamore- only nonphysical moves are Growl and Leech Seed. Here we go again.

AOPSUser, take Whitney the Miltank.

It wants to be like Whitney's Miltank. You must catch one on Route 38 - you may not leave until you get one. Its moves must be Attract, Rollout, Stomp, and Milk Drink. If it gets into the yellow, you MUST use Milk Drink. You must use Attract on all male Pokémon, no matter whether they are wild or trained. Also, it must hold a Lum Berry at all times. Finally, to make things interesting, solo Chuck.

Update 1b:

Trainer Name:
Gale
Badges: None
Money: 5176
Pokemon:
Torchic (Lvl 9, Male, Flair, Adamant)
Wingull (Lvl 8, Male, Gilly, Careful)

Town: Rustboro City

Adventure Log:
- Searched for Ralts in Route 102. (Failed +_+)
- Fought trainers in Route 104.
- Went through Petalburg Woods.
- Caught Wurmple, Silcoon, and Slakoth (Not in main team).
- Saved Devon Researcher from Team Aqua Grunt.
- Got Wailmer Pail from the Flower ladies.
- Fought Trainers in Route 104 before Rustboro City.
- Reached Rustboro City.

Scramble Mons:
Gale Wing Srock take Annoygon the Trapinch. You may not run from or intentionally faint any Trapinch until you catch Annoygon.

Evolve all the way to Flygon ASAP, as the whole challenge is based on a potentially annoying Flygon.

Once a Flygon, the real challenge starts, and it depends on whether Annoygon's nature is "annoying" or not.

Annoying natures are Brave, Adamant, Naughty, Bold, Impish, Hasty, Jolly, Rash, Sassy.

If Annoygon has an annoying nature:

• Annoygon even annoys its own teammates! Only five Scramblemons can be in the party at any given time.
  • Annoygon must learn and keep two or three annoying moves from this list: Sand Attack, Protect, Double Team.
  • Annoygon must lead with an annoying move whenever used in battle.
If Annoygon has a non-annoying nature:
  • Annoygon may not learn Sand Attack, Protect, or Double Team.
  • Annoygon must learn, keep, and lead with Sand Tomb.
Either way, solo Juan and Wallace. And no items during these solos!

Too easy? Too hard? Let me know and I'll change it!
Gale Wing Srock take Molasses the Slugma.

You asked for hard to train? Well here it is--a hulking 20 speed monstrosity that evolves at Level 38. And gains two 4x weaknesses once it evolves. One of which is Water. At the point in the game where everything is Water-type.

Whenever Molasses is in your party, whichever Pokemon has the lowest Speed stat in your party must lead, without the item Smoke Ball. Also, if you catch it with a +Speed nature, catch another, and use the first Slugma you get without a +Speed nature. Also, neither Molasses nor any of its teammates may learn any moves with elevated priority. Oh, and no using X-Speeds. Ever.

Molasses will be intensely jealous of any Pokemon with at least three times its Base Speed. Thus, it must solo them, unless it is fainted or it conflicts with an existing solo. This restriction persists indefinitely.

You may also not evolve into Magcargo until you solo 10 Pokemon with Base Speed at least four times that of Slugma, and you may also not evolve into Magcargo until after clearing Team Aqua's hideout in Lilycove.

(Yes I used this thing in a Nuzlocke and it was the most painful thing ever)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)