The Everything NFL Thread - 2013-2014 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is that all those teams can improve as much(and probably more) than the jags. In a new year every team has a chance, even the jags, so what you're saying isn't much.

I'd like to take a second to bow down to our Seahawk overlords. Their only real threat in the NFC looked like shit against the Rams, while the top two teams in the AFC also looked like shit against the Chargers and Dolphins. No one looks good enough to have a chance at going into Seattle and winning unless the Hawks choke HARD, and the AFC just seems so crappy that none of them would really have a chance. I don't think Brady has enough magic in him to beat Seattle, who is better than the Patriots right now at every single fucking position besides QB and even then it's kinda close, and Denver's defense is so fucking bad that Seattle would put up 40 while Manning would have to struggle to put up 30 against that defense.

Believe it or not I could see the Chiefs beating the Seahawks if they magically made the Super Bowl, but that's about it. The Chiefs are the only other truly balanced good team in the NFL. The 49ers might have a shot I guess but probably not since they can't score against a decent defense.

So yeah, there's my analysis. There's like a 70% chance the Seahawks win the Super Bowl imo.

I'd like to take a second to bow down to our Seahawk overlords. Their only real threat in the NFC looked like shit against the Rams, while the top two teams in the AFC also looked like shit against the Chargers and Dolphins. No one looks good enough to have a chance at going into Seattle and winning unless the Hawks choke HARD, and the AFC just seems so crappy that none of them would really have a chance. I don't think Brady has enough magic in him to beat Seattle, who is better than the Patriots right now at every single fucking position besides QB and even then it's kinda close, and Denver's defense is so fucking bad that Seattle would put up 40 while Manning would have to struggle to put up 30 against that defense.

Believe it or not I could see the Chiefs beating the Seahawks if they magically made the Super Bowl, but that's about it. The Chiefs are the only other truly balanced good team in the NFL. The 49ers might have a shot I guess but probably not since they can't score against a decent defense.

So yeah, there's my analysis. There's like a 70% chance the Seahawks win the Super Bowl imo.
Don't use the rams game as a basis for the Saints. The saints always do crap against the rams for some reason, there's honestly no real logical reason to why it happens.
Hawks can easily lose to an NFC team in the playoffs, especially with the Saints and 49ers in there- both have coaches that know how to easily beat the Seahawks (pressure). Speaking of which, the Saints, Panthers, and 49ers all have top 5 defenses. They also don't exactly have lackluster offenses (49ers does have a strong run game) and Saints have a stronger offense than the Seahawks. The Saints will not lose to the Seahawks again, I guarantee it. 49ers know very well how to beat them and could beat them at home. Panthers are too much of a defensive threat to the Seahawks for it to at least not be a close game.
If they do manage to make it to the Super Bowl, there's no team in the AFC playoff picture right now besides the Dolphins and MAYBE the Bengals I don't like over the Seahawks.

Russel Wilson can win regular season games. That doesn't always translate over to postseason success (Falcons fan here, I know this more than any other current team so help me) and regular season games don't always mean much towards SB winners (2011-12 Giants looked like complete trash, 12-13 Ravens look okay-ish until Joe Flacco showed up).

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Tears of laughter, maybe. Everything surrounding these circumstances is patently absurd.

But 55.50 Jamaal Charles... those are tears of pain and sadness. :(
That one guy that had to face Gordon AND Jeffery that one week has no fucks to give about your tears.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Don't go giving the Seahawks anything just yet. The 49ers are getting good at just the right time and the Panthers are no pushovers either. Seattle obviously has a huge home advantage, but a lot can happen between now and week 19.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Frustrating to see the Ravens being helped by the refs for a second week in a row.

Stallion - does three make it true?
Flacco just got hit in the fucking knee with a helmet. Not only is that flaggable but it's downright dangerous. No call either, but you don't see me screaming for the refs blood. Honestly for a smart guy, the levels of sodium chloride in your bloodstream when it comes to the Ravens is downright confounding.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ron Rivera? Also you lost Welker, Gronk to injury and Hernandez. Who are your other two receivers?
Brandon Lloyd and Danny Woodhead

Good call with Ron Rivera too, he's some good competition for Belichick this year for COTY

Andy Reid is winning coach of the year. End of story. Stop being delusional.
Unfortunately this is true, 9-0 stands out even if it was against the worst QBs and they imploded every time they faced a good team

I don't think winning with a team that has been winning for more than a decade is worth any sort of accolade, sorry jrrrrrrr.
They have been winning for more than a decade because they're coached by the coach of the year. Are you really holding Belichicks past success against him? "You've been so good for so long, you cant possibly be the best this year!" Does not compute.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Um, that play happened after I made my post. You are correct, it should have been flagged.

My irritation with the Ravens derives mostly from my belief that they have enjoyed way more success than they deserve based on their talent level, and their coach being an unsportsmanlike douche. If I felt they were truly a great team I would give them much more respect, but instead I get to be sickened by watching them get everything going their way while being led by a massively overpaid mediocre quarterback constantly getting slobbered on by every media outlet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)