Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder!

aerial ace terrakion - what, close combat isn't doing enough damage to breloom for you?
Your last pokemon is choice scarf terrakion, their last two pokemon are a 60% SD Toxicroak, and a focus sash breloom, there's sr on their side of the field.
If you didn't carry aerial ace, how were you gonna win in that situation?

Terrak needs Stone Edge and Close Combat, you can throw whatever you want in those last two slots anyway, it's probably not gonna matter.

Start of turn 11
Keldeo used Surf!
The foe's Jolteon lost 65% of its health!
The foe's Jolteon burrowed its way under the ground!
The foe's Jolteon restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Start of turn 12
Subject 18 called Keldeo back!
Subject 18 sent out Thundurus! (Thundurus-T)
The foe's Jolteon used Dig!
It had no effect on Thundurus!

252 SpA Keldeo Surf vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Jolteon in rain: 244-288 (89.7 - 105.88%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Keldeo Surf vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Jolteon in rain: 190-225 (56.88 - 67.36%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

PS: Should be noted this Jolteon's moveset consisted of Iron Tail / Toxic / Thunder / Dig.

Last edited:

Scotti

we back.
Don't you hate it when this happens

Battle between Scotti and Kunming Wolfdog started!
Go! Landorus-Therian!
Kunming Wolfdog sent out Heatran!
Landorus-Therian intimidates the foe's Heatran!
The foe's Heatran's Attack fell!

Turn 1
The foe's Heatran's Quick Claw let it move first!
The foe's Heatran used Hidden Power!
It's super effective! Landorus-Therian lost 100% of its health!

Landorus-Therian fainted!

Scotti: ...

Least favorite item = Quick Claw, freakin 100% chance to activate when i play against it.

basically any replay that gets posted in the chat is an instant classic
prime example right here: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-51482362

its a brutal 6o something turns but some of the sets are absolutely priceless, plus the conversation on turn 42 is pure gold.
Exactly. Trying to find good battles, I then stalk Sweep and qseasons, ShootinStarmie and sometimes SmashBrosBrawl. Then finalninja234 gets pissed because i aleays happen to be watchin the same battle as him and I get alt-checked. :( Trying to watch good battles is impossible.

It is with a Life Orb over Leftovers.
I've ran LO jellicent before, and I must say its surprisingly decent. It can deal with every Rapid Spinner in OU and gets amazing coverage with Hydro Pump, Shadow Ball and Ice Beam, with taunt being an option over Ice Beam to deal with Ferrothorn. It can also recover off damage taken from the foes attacks and LO recoil.
So overall, its a pretty solid set.

lab report ᐛ
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've run into some pretty stupid things:
- Quicker Powder Imposter Ditto
- Mixed Keldeo
- Gengar using elemental punches
- Special Ninjask and special Scizor (both used by the same person)
Pain Split Forretress isn't bad at all if you want to sustain your physical wall longer. Scarf mons setting up rocks is meh, but it works out sometimes.
I think Princess Bubblegum was making fun of their own sets, based on the ";)'

I was using a gimmicky Eeveelutions + Vulpix team just to piss people off and pretend to be a noob, and the other guy was like stupid or something, I trick'ed his Tyranitar a Scarf, and he used Dragon Dance ._. then, at +6, he was like: HEY! HACKER! You made it so I can't use any moves!!!! The same guy had a tyranitar that had Unnerve and a Happiny .__________________________________________.

Played around with Cresselia on the Rockless ladder last night, saw some strange things.

- One guy had a sun team where he sashed EVERYTHING. Sashed Ninetales, Sashed Zoroark, Sashed Lilligant, Sashed Lucario, Sashed Victreebell. I think he also sashed his Dragonite since he didn't have Lum Berry or Leftovers.
- Mixed Jolteon with Return. It crit but didn't break my Cresselia's Substitute.
- Occa Berry Ferrothorn with Hidden Power Water on a Sun team. Maybe he got that idea from reading this topic.

kumiko

formerly TDK
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I helped someone with their team in the OU chat, they challenge me while I'm afk, come back, they post a link to their battle they are in, I watch, and see:

One team with Abomasnow, Ninetales, Politoed, Ditto, Black Kyurem, and Reuniclus.

Abo knew Growth and Focus Punch, which got to +5 while Ninjask tried to set up, OHKO'd Ninjask, and then tried to use Focus Punch on Ninetales, who OHKO'd it.
Abo, Tales, and Toed all had weather inducing abilities.

Against a team of Ninetales, Ninjask, Cloyster, Venusaur, Jolteon, and Keldeo.

Ninjask had a Quick Claw.
Venusaur knew Power Whip.
Keldeo knew Close Combat.
Ninetales had Flash Fire.

The triple weather team won.

Forretress with Hidden Power Ice and (thankfully) no SpA investment.

I'll admit it does have a tiny bit of merit in hitting Pokes with a 4x weakness (Dragons specifically... ScarfMence takes about 60%). However, 3HKOing Landy-T and doing 25% MAX to my Hippo aren't getting you anywhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)