Silly Things You've Seen On The OU Ladder!

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Thunder Gar is on the Sash analysis and doesn't recommend rain support so it works.

Also Unnerve TTar ppl your Custap Forretress just got hammered by Fire Blast!!

here's a few of my personal favourites

scarf jolteon - not quite as retarded as scarf electrode, but still it takes some serious paranoia to feel the need to put a scarf something that's so fast already
physical keldeo - beats me why anyone would want to run an all physical moveset on this thing when it gets secret sword, though sadly i do see the odd person running sd keldeo on the ladder now and again
brick break toxicroak - idk maybe they don't know that drain punch or cross chop exists
gyro ball + thunder wave ferrothorn - and they wonder why gyro ball is doing piss-poor damage
aerial ace terrakion - what, close combat isn't doing enough damage to breloom for you?
belly drum + salac politoed - good luck sweeping with this thing
ice beam latios - no comment
vulpix + ninetales on same team - better bring a backup drought user, oh wait hang on i just wasted a slot
x-scissor scizor - why use this when it is out-damaged by technician bug bite?
thunderpunch tyranitar - yeah since you really need 4x coverage for gyarados (hint: it's also weak to stone edge)
rock smash kyurem-b - physical fighting coverage ftw

i might think of more later

Sash Abamasnow
I'm surprised this is even considered unexpected, let alone silly. This allows you to destroy all sorts of Politoeds, focus blast all the Tyranitars (in hail, not sand) and EQ Ninetales and run speed that is low enough that your weather will prevail in the end. Sub-seeding is a really unreliable strategy, Expert belt sets need to worry about Abomasnow's shitty speed. Scarf sets have trouble preserving hail, rely heavily on prediction and can be set-up bait if locked into pretty much any move. Furthermore, Abomasnow wins 1v1 against so many pokemon in OU if it has a sash. imo its a great item for abomasnow.

EDIT: LO Jellicent....in sand. (it had scald)

Last edited:
Sometimes I play just to so that I can post on here. Seriously this thread is the perfect thing to use to vent when some obscene thing makes an appearence against you and can't figure out why someone would be using it seriously.
EDIT: Haunted_X left.
Battle timer is now ON: inactive players will automatically lose when time's up. (requested by meek over cassidy)
You have 60 seconds to make your decision.
Player 1 has 40 seconds left.
Player 1 has 30 seconds left.
Player 1 has 20 seconds left.
Player 1 has 10 seconds left.

meek over cassidy forfeited.
Haunted_X won the battle!
Ladder updating...
Haunted_X's rating: 1419 → 1447
(+28 for winning)

meek over cassidy's rating: 1602 → 1576
(-26 for losing)

TELL ME THIS SHIT ISN'T SILLY/BEYOND FUCKING STUPID.

Last edited:
I'm surprised this is even considered unexpected, let alone silly. This allows you to destroy all sorts of Politoeds, focus blast all the Tyranitars (in hail, not sand) and EQ Ninetales and run speed that is low enough that your weather will prevail in the end. Sub-seeding is a really unreliable strategy, Expert belt sets need to worry about Abomasnow's shitty speed. Scarf sets have trouble preserving hail, rely heavily on prediction and can be set-up bait if locked into pretty much any move. Furthermore, Abomasnow wins 1v1 against so many pokemon in OU if it has a sash. imo its a great item for abomasnow.

EDIT: LO Jellicent....in sand.
Jellicent ain't bad in sad at all

One time, this guy was using a Special Scizor with moves consistng of Vacuum Wave/Air Slash/Bug Buzz/Swords Dance. I kid you not this happened. I was like: Uhh, why no physical moves and using swords dance? And why would you even use special moves? And the person said, and I quote: "Shut up you asshole, it is super-effective, I don't know why this god isn't ubers lol, shut up while I am sweeping your team please"

._. Some people man.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Sometimes I play just to so that I can post on here. Seriously this thread is the perfect thing to use to vent when some obscene thing makes an appearence against you and can't figure out why someone would be using it seriously.
EDIT: Haunted_X left.
Battle timer is now ON: inactive players will automatically lose when time's up. (requested by meek over cassidy)
You have 60 seconds to make your decision.
Player 1 has 40 seconds left.
Player 1 has 30 seconds left.
Player 1 has 20 seconds left.
Player 1 has 10 seconds left.

meek over cassidy forfeited.
Haunted_X won the battle!
Ladder updating...
Haunted_X's rating: 1419 → 1447

(+28 for winning)
meek over cassidy's rating: 1602 → 1576

(-26 for losing)
TELL ME THIS SHIT ISN'T SILLY/BEYOND FUCKING STUPID.
You know, we have a thread for that...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)