Japanese Movie Celebi Confirmed

http://serebii.net/index2.shtml

- It will know Nasty Plot, Leaf Storm, Recover, and Healing Wish.
- It will be holding a Jaboca Berry
- Held in a Cherish Ball
- Unlocks the time traveling event in HGSS: http://serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/celebi.shtml

The legendary beasts will also receive new moves including what we have previously known:

Raikou: Zap Cannon, Aura Sphere, Weather Ball, Extremespeed (?)
Entei: Flare Blitz, Howl, Crush Claw, Extremespeed (?)
Suicune: Sheer Cold, Air Slash, Aqua Ring, Extremespeed (?)

The three beasts will be shiny (alternate) colored.

According to Bulbapedia, all three beasts will have Extremespeed for their final move.

Event sites such as Pokémon Secure and blogs have said this Celebi will be random natured. Pokémon Secure got this info when one of their members got tickets to an early screening of the movie.

Didn't feel like this deserved its own thread.

I believe the nature is random, much like the Arceus. I'm sure Nasty Plot, with Celebi's bulk, will have a large impact on the OU metagame.

Celebi@Life Orb
Timid Nature
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 180 Spe -->outspeed base 90s
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe --> speedtie with base 100s, esp mence(esp mix)
~ Nasty Plot
~ Grass Knot
~ Hidden Power - Fire / Hidden Power - Ice / Earth Power
~ Recover

This would be awesome.

Indeed, you could. But what does it have to pass other than the new Nasty Plot and Swords Dance?

EDIT: Or Calm Mind?
BP a NP to Heatran would be interesting, but it's still BPing, which isn't anything near foolproof/reliable.

NP LO is likely to be most successful.

Aura Sphere raikou?

As far as nasty plot celebi, it doesn't seem much different than togekiss or infernape, neither of which are weak to pursuit or have 7 weaknesses.

Some other stuff from the same news:

"
Raikou has the moves; Zap Cannon, Aura Sphere and Weather Ball. It has the Micle Berry attached.
Entei has Flare Blitz, Howl & Crush Claw. It has the Custap Berry attached.
Finally, Suicune has Sheer Cold, Air Cutter & Aqua Ring. It has the Rowap Berry attached."

So, Howl Entei, and Aura Sphere (and Weather Ball for those that use it on RD teams) Raikou.
Suicune has... Aqua Ring I guess.

I can definitely see Raikou rising up to BL or OU now. I mean, Aura Sphere is going to crush Tyranitar and Heatran and it still has room for a hidden power. The LO+ 3 Attacks set is going to rampage.

As far as nasty plot celebi, it doesn't seem much different than togekiss or infernape, neither of which are weak to pursuit or have 7 weaknesses.
Or to a lesser extent, Mismagius in UU. Mismagius still has Pursuit weak, but has far fewer weaknesses than Celebi's seven (only two, Ghost and Dark).

Ok thanks, I added that info.

Weather Ball is certainly viable, especially on RD teams. Weather Ball / Thunder / CM / HP Grass w/LO?

Togekiss doesn't have the speed of Celebi, nor the additional physical bulk, while Infernape and Mismagius aren't remotely as bulky.

...should I even bother trying to catch good beasts in HeartGold now? I mean, I could just wait for these events and get even better Pokemon that are easier to SR for.

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
...should I even bother trying to catch good beasts in HeartGold now? I mean, I could just wait for these events and get even better Pokemon that are easier to SR for.
I would. The Entei/Raikou/Suicune given from this are going to be shiny, which means the natures will be set. While I do think they'll have good natures, at this point, I'd say it's better not to chance it.

Togekiss doesn't have the speed of Celebi, nor the additional physical bulk, while Infernape and Mismagius aren't remotely as bulky.
Toge boasts much higher special in both categories, and loses out on a little hp. I think the resistance to u-turn and not being pursuit/crunch weak help a bit. Flinching is also an advantage. Infernape can stop blissey in one shot with close combat, which could put a stop to a weak grass knot or HP fire.

Toge boasts much higher special in both categories, and loses out on a little hp. I think the resistance to u-turn and not being pursuit/crunch weak help a bit. Flinching is also an advantage. Infernape can stop blissey in one shot with close combat, which could put a stop to a weak grass knot or HP fire.
I'm not saying Celebi is a better NPer, however I think it is silly to dismiss it because of other users, when each has its own advantages and disadvantages.

I'm not saying Celebi is a better NPer, however I think it is silly to dismiss it because of other users, when each has its own advantages and disadvantages.
True. Getting NP is greater than nothing and can still help get SpA faster than calm mind for quicker passing.

The celebi will be serious natured according to the link though.

Looking back at the Bulbapedia article, do note that it's Air Slash, not Air Cutter.

I'm really torn over having to potentially chose only one. Although I have enough games to get all three, having to pick just one of them is tough. This Entei is basically the only shot at Entei being any good at all, but Raikou with Aura Sphere and Weather Ball sounds really good, too. Suicune is about the only one dismissable offhand: Air Slash doesn't offer that much better coverage on something slowish and tanky like Suicune, but Aqua Ring could be fun to play with.

I'd pick Raikou, any day. Aura Sphere, Weather ball, AND extreme speed? That's crazy. Suicune gets nothing, because he doesn't have the moveslot space for aqua ring or air slash. Entei is outclassed by arcanine.

Don't reset Entei or Raikou; they like their exclusive moves. Suicune can be Synchronized in HG/SS and gets crap from the events; may as well keep it.

I wonder how a Nasty Plot SubSalac Celebi would work?

I guess subCMkou will have some stiff competition; maybe Raikou goes up all the way to OU!?

Entei has THREE more interesting moves now: Flare Blitz, Extremespeed, Howl. Too bad Crush Claw is not so useful...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)