Shoddy Battle 2 screenshots (client preview)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cathy

Banned deucer.
The switching pokemon screen isn't shown in any of the screenshots, so what are you talking about?

I think that you guys should make the HP into a percentage and number. I think that would be so much easier to understand... but differentiate them some how. I don't want to see that 47 HP is lost on my screen and that 23% HP is lost and confuse the two numbers... (People like me tend to do that.)

This certainly is a step in the right direction from SB 1. However, I think you should seriously consider Atyroki suggestions, as, visually, the sprites are a bit.....messy in double battles, other than that, it looks almost perfect

bearzly

Shoddy Battle dev
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I like your suggestions Atyroki. About the sprite placements, it was mostly guess work for me because I haven't played D/P in a while and don't really know how things should be positioned. I guess the general idea is to move the other team to the right

Well, with the double battles, the sprite placement is difficult and messy, even the stuff in my picture is misplaced slightly (Electivires "box" should actually touch the top of the battle window, however, this appeared awkward as his foot was off the arena as well as some other things) and Alakazam is aligned to the far right of his space for aesthetic reasons

I think the order of sprites' depth in doubles (from back to front and in the Electivire-Alakazam-Rampardos-Togekiss screenshot) would be Electivire, Alakazam, Togekiss, Rampardos.

Also, if the height of the health bar would have to be reduced if a name were added, I actually wouldn't see a problem with this.

bearzly

Shoddy Battle dev
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Here is what I have now. You can click on the health bars to toggle between percents and fractions. I don't think names with the health bars is something that needs to be added myself.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
How do you intend to fit 3/4/5/6 health bars in? Would you just make them thinner/shorter (possibly making the numbers so small as to be hard to read), or have a larger battle window for >2v>2 battles?

That looks great for doubles, though (I am pretty sure) you can't toggle to see the opponents exact HP which seems to be possible with that setup.

This is a beautiful interface! I don't have any other suggestions than the ones al ready made, so keep on the amazing work.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Why does Alakazam have 48 max HP?

And while the whole screen looks nice, there are some things I'm really not liking:

1 - Moves being bolded, it makes harder to read. But I believe this can be edited by ourselves, right?

2 - Being able to know the opponent's max HP. Looking at that battle log, I know Rampardos has 252 EVs in HP; probably other 252 in Attack and the remaining 6 in Speed. We shouldn't be able to get so many information of the opponent's pokémon like that. It would be better to just see the opponent's HP as percentages.

3 - The background. It looks cool and all, but we should have Link Battle as the only background possible. Unless you say Secret and Nature Power won't be affected (that is, the backgrounds will be purely an aesthetic feature), then it should be changed back to Shoddy 1's.

Why does Alakazam have 48 max HP?.
That isn't really its Max HP. In the DS, the HP bar is 48 pixels long, so that is saying that alakazam has x out of 48 pixels full, so you get a rough estimate of how much HP it has

Maybe moves can have slight coloring based on type, just like the DS interface?

Other than that, I'm loving how the design looks on Macs, can only hope it looks as good on Windows.

i have to say all of this looks very nice the layout of the moves and the font editing looks so clear but again with the HP bar for the doubles you may wish to put 1 under the other but not exactly inline with each other so say 25% into the 1st bar the second starts under

bearzly

Shoddy Battle dev
Here is a screenshot that I took with Windows 7. Nothing too shocking.

I'm not sure how stacking the health bars vertically helps with anything. The only way you could think of it is right bar for right pokemon and left bar for left pokemon, which is correct. I tried it out like that but it just looked poor and didn't magically add any clarity.

Wow o.O You guys are doing an incredible job. Is that background the only one that will be available or will randoms one be chosen?

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The screenshots look very promising. Thanks for posting this whet everyone's appetites, and thanks for the work you are doing to make Shoddy 2 a reality.

Just wanted to say that these pics look great and I'm glad you guys are making tons of progress with the program ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)