Warstory Control

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might be a very stupid idea, but I fel that we need a seperate Warstory Control team, to lessen the pressure on moderators. With the advent of 5th Gen, there have been a lot of warstories which are frankly, not up to the mark, or we have had users posting just masses of logs. These warstories just clog up the sub-forums, and the moderators have to be working round the clock to close these warstories. Now, since we dont want strain on the existing QC Team, we might just want to form a new WC team, to check all warstories which are posted. We can even use a seperate sub-forum for this purpose, if needed, so that it just doesn't clog up the system even more.

I hope I did not break any rules in posting this suggestion. What do you guys think?

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think you're drastically overestimating the workload closing a thread is. It's a single button.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think an added subforum would just make the clutter even worse. That, and QC already takes long enough as it is, no reason to give people unnecessary work to do. My main problem with this idea is that it kinda removes the personal touch that makes some warstories great by force-feeding it through quality checkers. I don't think this is a terrible idea, I just don't think this is a pressing issue. If people want grammar and quality checks for their warstories, they can always ask before posting!

It's not really hard for a mod to read a warstory that has been posted and judge it's quality. It just adds an extra layer of bureaucracy that is unneeded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)