VGC Te Snowcone <3

What do you think about using Never Seen pokemon to your advantage?

• They don't work too well with other pokemon

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Now this is my second RMT, please enjoy.
So I was watching the VGC matches this year, and here are some incredibly common pokemon that I saw: Kangaskhan, Rotom-H, Talonflame, Tyranitar, Aegislash, Gengar, Lucario, sometimes Weavile, Hydreigon, and also I saw a few Abomasnow. Guess who can do stuff to all of these Pokemon? I bet you would never guess. The answer is easily Palkia Sawk.
Now Sawk is not the greatest Fighting type pokemon (75/75/75 defensive stats definitely are not great at all, and are easily wrecked by a Brave Bird), but it does get 125 Attack and is faster than Mamoswine, who with a scarf is fairly popular, meaning that it could outspeed even more than that Mamoswine (over 200 with a scarf, outspeeding the fastest unscarfed Talonflame, which still doesn't mean anything) and can run Adamant. A D A M A N T not J O L L Y. With Quick Guard support it can OHKO Talonflame with a Rock Slide, and can also use its Mold Breaker Earthquakes to hit Gengar and Rotom-Heat as hard as possible. That is almost unimaginable, and only a damaged thing if Mega Pinsir is brought into the field, something that is not very common at all. Despite that, a team should still counter that, even if it isn't very common.
Mold Breaker is the ability that I use on the team, but there is another option, if you only want Sawk to counter Mega Kang: Inner Focus. It survives the Fake Out and can use the Close Combat, which is definitely a great way of getting it off the field. Despite that, the EVing of Talonflame is just perfect to outspeed 252+ Mega Kang and get Quick Guard up in time, so that should not be an issue. It is a lot more situational than getting the Quick Guard up and taking a safe route.

The Star of the Show: SAWK
Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
Close Combat
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Rock Tomb​
So Sawk has a very obvious set, Close Combat for Kang, Tyranitar, Lucario, Weavile, Hydreigon, and Abomasnow, Rock Slide for Talonflame, Rock Tomb is situational in the fact that Fighting/Ground/Rock is the only coverage available for Sawk his year and is good in best of 3 games when you figure out that the opponent has Wide Guard, and Earthquake is for Rotom-Heat and Gengar.​
A Partner and Extra Helper: TALONFLAME
Life Orb/Choice Band/Focus Sash
Ability: Gale Wings
Naive Nature (+Spe, -SpD)
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 SpA, 4 Spe
Brave Bird
Flamethrower
Quick Guard
Taunt​
Talonflame has enough Speed to outspeed Mega Kangaskhan (outspeeding Weavile takes too much speed EVs, and this is the situation where Inner Focus is more suited for) to set up Quick Guard and stop the incoming Fake Out, while the rest is into Attack and SPecial Attack. Now this is what those attacks are for: Brave Bird does enough to OHKO Amoonguss, Flamethrower can OHKO a Ferrothorn and finish a damaged Amoonguss (like one that took an EQ or Rock Slide, or took a switch in from a mon that would not be able to take a Close Combat) and Taunt is to hurt opposing Trick Room teams as much as possible.​
A Rain Setter That Can Tank Some Hits: POLITOED
Sitrus Berry/Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
Brave Nature (+Def, -Atk)
EVs: 252 HP, 148 Def, 100 SpA, 4 SpD, 4 Spe
Scald
Perish Song
Protect
Substitute​
Not a lot of people will actually get this set. With rain up, Scald does lots of damage, but what else? You have Perish Song and stalling moves, what does that do? Well, scroll down stupid! You will learn that my Gengar is holding Gengarite ;) and that this is PerishTrap. Don't call me a noob! I think it can get rid of things if done against the right Pokemon, and this doesn't need to be used only if Gengar is out, it can force some switches if you don't like the pokemon that they have out. Substitute and Protect can also stall if you use Leftovers over Sitrus Berry (which I did) and this set can actually do things. The spread can sort of tank a lot of physical or special moves, even if around 140 base attacking stats (not pointing any fingers LUCARIO) which actually just means that those things will be 2HKO's, and the spread also has a chance of OHKOing MegaZardY in Rain, which is always nice. Heck it can also take a hit of Solar Beam in the sun before it crumbles!​
Who Likes Rain More, This Guy or the Next?: LUDICOLO
Yache Berry/Sitrus Berry/Assault Vest
Ability: Swift Swim
Brave Nature (+Def, -Atk)
EVs: 252 HP, 220 Def, 32 SpA, 4 SpD
Hydro Pump
Giga Drain
Ice Beam
Fake Out​
So... Ludicolo. This is just an amazingly used mon this year, with an almost uncounterable Fake Out and great coverage. The EVs are mainly physically defensive since its Special Defense is already high enough, and also covers you fairly well if you run the Assault Vest item, and it has enough Special Attack to do a lot of stuff. The items are explanatory, Yache Berry is situational though as it is only for the not very common Freeze-Dry, the Sitrus Berry adds more bulk to Ludicolo but can only be used if Politoed runs Leftovers, and Assault Vest makes you incredibly powerful and copes very well with the set.​
Lots of Options Here: LAPRAS
Sitrus Berry/Charti Berry/Chople Berry/Icicle Plate/NeverMeltIce/Chesto Berry
Ability: Hydration/Water Absorb
Sassy Nature (+SpD -Spe)
EVs: 124 HP, 80 Def, 164 SpA, 140 SpD
Rest/Confuse Ray
Substitute
Freeze-Dry
Protect​
Like I said, a lot of options here. With a Sitrus Berry you recover HP, with the Charti Berry Rock Slide Tyranitar doesn't bug you, Chople Berry lowers the amount that an Aura Sphere/CC will do from Lucario, Icicle Plate can ensure the KO on an Ice types and boost Freeze-Dry in general, NeverMeltIce is the same thing, and Chesto Berry will work well with Rest. If you don't get the rest of the moves, look above at Perish Song and below at Shadow Tag. Shadow Tag explains both Confuse Ray and stall moves, and Perish Song explains stall. Finished with that mon, onto Gengar.​
The Scary Trapping: MEGA GENGAR
Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
EVs: 4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe
Shadow Ball
Sludge Bomb
Substitute
Protect​
dude dis set is so explainable that if you don't get it you are stupid this is an obvious set. please look below.
Well, this RMT (Te Snowcone is a name that makes ABSOLUTELY no sense at all) is over, and I would like to talk a bit about the leads. Sawk and Talonflame make a great lead, taking out lots of things, and Perish Trapping finishes the whole thing (only if one or 2 mons survive, otherwise keep dat Perish Song to yourself) and another lead is Politoed and Ludicolo/Lapras, as they both get the rain boost and deal massive damage, with Mega Gengar and Ludicolo/Lapras/Talonflame in the back. You may be limited to those, but they will work very effectively. Please rate this RMT below and give it a Like!

Last edited:
I liked the team, and the Palkia part made me chuckle :D
Its probably just me, but seeing a nice Rain team without thunder or hurricane kind of bugs me. Sure you only take in 4/6 of the mons, but since you are running defensive Politoed, I think a hurricane user would really compliment it.

I like the idea of Sawk. I've tried it out myself actually. I would run Inner Focus on it instead of Mold Breaker though. Hitting EQs on rotoms is nice but Fake Out is so prevalent. And with Inner Focus, Sawk gets the benefit of fucking over Mega Kan basically 100% of the time.

I liked the team, and the Palkia part made me chuckle :D
Its probably just me, but seeing a nice Rain team without thunder or hurricane kind of bugs me. Sure you only take in 4/6 of the mons, but since you are running defensive Politoed, I think a hurricane user would really compliment it.
I actually like that idea. I have lately been using Thunder in place of Confuse Ray/Rest on Lapras, and it works effectively. If you really want a Hurricane user, it is a bit difficult because you are fairly limited to things such as Swanna, DNite, and Moltres, but one thing that works well in Rain is Noivern actually, which you could replace Ludicolo with albeit losing Fake Out support and some great defensive typing. Specs Noivern Hurricane actually doesn't do as much as you would want out of a Hurricane user, especially with the not-to-great typing and poor defensive stats. I would highly recommend Dragonite, despite only doing a bit more it has the Multiscale and great tanking defenses so it could replace Ludicolo well, though you would lose incredibly fast Fake Out and amazing typing.
In fact I have been able to use an Assault Vest variant of Lapras and it literally eats up special damage, though not being able to Sub/Tect anymore. With that it can also utilize Thunder, Scald (used over Hydro Pump for the burn chance; an Assault Vest does not cover physical you know ;)) and its niche move Freeze-Dry.

I like the team, but are your talonflame flamethrower calcs done in rain? Generally flare blitz is a better move.

I like the team, but are your talonflame flamethrower calcs done in rain? Generally flare blitz is a better move.
^
Also, why use sawk when your team is a little fake out weak. I think something like Lucario could help out over Sawk, it doesn't even have to mega evolve!

Have you thought about the good 'surf + absorb bulb strategy? This gives Ludicolo a nice power-up, and allows it to pick-up some extra knock outs throughout the battle.

Chople Berry or Sitrus Berry are your best options for Lapras.

Hope you take these things into consideration :) -flarz.

^
Also, why use sawk when your team is a little fake out weak. I think something like Lucario could help out over Sawk, it doesn't even have to mega evolve!

Have you thought about the good 'surf + absorb bulb strategy? This gives Ludicolo a nice power-up, and allows it to pick-up some extra knock outs throughout the battle.

Chople Berry or Sitrus Berry are your best options for Lapras.

Hope you take these things into consideration :) -flarz.
Now you may not think Sawk is good but look at this: Also, why use sawk when your team is a little fake out weak. I have Quick Guard fast enough to get rid of Mega Kang's Fake Out, I don't care about that. and the flamethrower is just for Ferrothorn alone. If you don't care about Ferro against rain, which you SHOULD, you can run Flare Blitz instead, it is your choice. And lately I have made lots of changes to Lapras, specifically having a Surf Absorb strat, Politoed knowing Surf and Scald just in case it is paired with Ludicolo. Another change is that I added Thunder to Lapras. Don't do that at all, as I am changing it back and it does not really got much more coverage than Freeze-Dry does, getting a KO on Gyarados, Ludicolo, and all of those mons, and is especially useful because my Freeze-Dry can do so much more than Ludicolo's Ice Beam, allowing me to possibly change Ludicolo's Ice Beam to another coverage move (possibly Hidden Power Fighting? I don't know), but if you are still wondering why I use Sawk it is because of running the Mold Breaker Earthquakes that only 1 other fast mon has (Mega Gyarados cannot hold Choice Scarf as it is Mega and it also cannot learn Fighting type moves other than Hidden Power), and some say that it could be used for Inner Focus to prevent Fake Out. If I wanted to do that I still would not run Lucario despite also having Inner Focus because it is outdamaged by Sawk, and I don't care about that Speed loss as much, and Talonflame has Flamethrower to very easily protect Sawk from Lucario. thanks for looking at the RMT though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)