SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

It’s second set of legs look like stilts, I need to see video footage of how it jumps.

The body morphology reads Steel to me (smooth and mechanical like Scizor and Genesect) but the ninja garb and moonlit dex photo are giving Dark?

Klawf, the Stony Cliff Titan is more than likely found in an area called... Stony Cliff.

These codenames will probably be like the UB codenames and the leakers probably have only seen them.
The other titles leaked for the Titans don't correspond to areas very well. "False Dragon" and "Earthshaker" don't exactly sound like locations. That said, Klawf's JP alias, 岩壁のヌシ, really does translate most accurately to "Lord of the Rocky Cliffs" (Lord is localized as Titan), so in Klawf's case at least, sure, absolutely.

--

So, the names of the "Paradox" Pokemon. "Great Tusk" and "Iron Treads" do seem to be the actual names of the alternative Donphan. The format of the English website is kinda sucky, so I'll link everyone the JP website for reference of what I'm about to talk about.

https://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/sv/ja/story/221108_02/
^page on Paradox Donphan

Prefacing the description of each Donphan is their descriptive name, written in katakana.

イダイナキバ: "Idainakiba" (Great Tusk)
テツノワダチ: "Tetsu no Wadachi" (Tread of Iron)

Then each one has the description introducing them like on the English page.

「偉大な牙」と呼ばれる怪物: A monster referred to as the "Great Tusk"
「鉄の轍」と呼ばれる怪物: A monster referred to as the "Tread of Iron"

イダイナキバ and テツノワダチ are written in katakana, whereas 偉大な牙 and 鉄の轍 are written in kanji and hiragana. The distinction to be made here is that katakana is used for Pokemon names, and all by itself makes it appear like that is indeed the actual name. If the goal was simply to show how to read the names for players unfamiliar with the kanji, hiragana would be used. They could still very well be nicknames, but it seems rather redundant to have both katakana and kanji names for the Pokemon listed the way that they are. Add on what's been leaked about the naming convention of the Future Pokemon all starting with "Iron", and I think it's very safe to assume that these descriptors are their names. Not too different from if Ultra Beasts had no proper name beyond their aliases.

We can certainly dismiss the possibility of these kanji descriptions being used for their Titan battles, as the Donphan are allegedly the ones appended by "Earthshaker". Thus, the JP format of the name would be something like 土震のヌシ イダイナキバ (localized, something like "Great Tusk, the Earthshaking Titan"). It wouldn't be "(True Name Here), the Great Tusk Titan".

A lot of the leakers said the Bug/Dark line would give off Kamen Rider/Toku in general vibes, which I'm not 100% getting with these two but I still actually quite like them.

Why do the designs I end up liking the most the ones that don't get revealed pre-launch? I swear two gens in a row it was like this. (Hatterene, Centiskorch, the apple dragons, Toxtricity were all leaked out first before being official revealed)

Gotta say, loving that fire croc design. Im still team sprigatito on my main version of scarlet but on violet im getting that for sure. Im very curious on its stat spread. I feel like it looks slow but hits hard, and curious what its unique move is. Sound based for sure.

Clodsire looks derpy as heck and i love it. And the new bug looks great our first bug/dark and a kamenrider.

I do hope we see the other starters soon. Very excited on sprigatitos.

A lot of the leakers said the Bug/Dark line would give off Kamen Rider/Toku in general vibes, which I'm not 100% getting with these two but I still actually quite like them.

Why do the designs I end up liking the most the ones that don't get revealed pre-launch? I swear two gens in a row it was like this. (Hatterene, Centiskorch, the apple dragons, Toxtricity were all leaked out first before being official revealed)
Really? The evolution in particular feels very toku to me.

Calling it right now. We're getting more accurate Japanese Giant Salamander Quagsire/New Evolution from Pooper.
View attachment 444070
1667933464359.png

Two for two on predictions. Skeledirge is metal as hell and is what I wanted out of a Fuecoco final evo. Quax's final evo would have to the drop the ball hard to get me switch back though.
Gen 5 was the last gen that had pre-reveals I enjoyed besides Sivally and Alcreamie.

It seems like after those 8 pictures the leaker on 4chan may have decided to leave off at that, but we'll see if they come back again.
Also if anyone was wondering, "fred flint" on twitter is not the leaker, they are just reposting images.
1667933704603.png

It’s second set of legs look like stilts, I need to see video footage of how it jumps.

The body morphology reads Steel to me (smooth and mechanical like Scizor and Genesect) but the ninja garb and moonlit dex photo are giving Dark?
This seems to be the hinted "kamen rider" mon that Khu said would have a new type combination (nsfw) which is probably Bug/Dark.

EDIT:
1667933873840.png

Also Nymble was spotted in the bug gym photo from earlier.

Generally when a lot leaks, that’s the sign that it is real. Sure, single images are easy to fake, but when several images all come out within tens of minutes that should suggest something.
Maybe that's true for pictures (I think every Magic: the Gathering leak of 20 or more cards I've ever seen was real, and yes, I've seen at least one). But that isn't true for text. I've seen "playtest-stage-quality" leaks of equal size (descriptions of 4-10 cards) that were real and that were completely fake (I recall this for Modern Horizons 2). On another note, it took me the Kirby Star Allies leakers posting every single description of every single helper (at least 20 of them) and me screening them for a consistent writing style and sense of humour before I accepted those leaks as real. I've written multi-chapter fanfiction with an actual plot and ending before; I can spool out plausible enough fake names and descriptions pretty quickly.

Maybe that's true for pictures (I think every Magic: the Gathering leak of 20 or more cards I've ever seen was real, and yes, I've seen at least one). But that isn't true for text. I've seen "playtest-stage-quality" leaks of equal size (descriptions of 4-10 cards) that were real and that were completely fake (I recall this for Modern Horizons 2). On another note, it took me the Kirby Star Allies leakers posting every single description of every single helper (at least 20 of them) and me screening them for a consistent writing style and sense of humour before I accepted those leaks as real. I've written multi-chapter fanfiction with an actual plot and ending before; I can spool out fake names and descriptions pretty quickly.
Cool! These are not descriptions, they are images though.

I mean, shouldn't that "tecnically" be a positive, if you weren't into leaks, you'd be playing the games and fall in love with them + the surprise effect :wo:
In a sense yeah.

Though I think something like a Clodsire would actually fit right in with the more derpy cute stuff that was revealed pre-launch like Klawf or Bellibolt now that I think about it.

Also Fuecoco's final evolution being a quadruped and not overtly furry bait will definitely boost it up at least a little bit.

Wait for "meowscarada" beeing waifumon and tons of fanarts for it and inceneroar
Oh its probably happening. I mean its a magician, and look at what delphox brought to the community.

We will have a fox witch waifu and a cat witch waifu
I mean, i'll take the waifumon over generic furry bait. Grass starters still lacks a good feminine looking one anyway.
No, Meganium doesn't count, we do not aknowledge its existance (and neither does GF apparently since it's still lacking from the pokedex).

I mean, i'll take the waifumon over generic furry bait. Grass starters still lacks a good feminine looking one anyway.
No, Meganium doesn't count, we do not aknowledge its existance (and neither does GF apparently since it's still lacking from the pokedex).
Yeah we never have gotten a nice feminine grass type you are right. And i liked Meganium, found her cute in a pet dino sort of way... but man the anime really pushed the pokemonxhuman relationship woth bayleaf

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 21)