Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Moonblast
- Moonlight

Cresselia is being used as my sweeper when properly set up. ive got calm mind to boost special df and atk with a high natural defense to help with surviving the set up period moonlight and leftovers used to keep it alive over time wit stored power as its main attack after finished set up or moonblast incase of resistances usually i bring it out against more physical mons

fish (Dondozo) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Liquidation
- Body Press
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

dondozo is used a physical tank. high hp and defense stats with a rest sleep talk combo. would usually bring him out if i am having issues with my main attackers struggling doing damage before dying this one so more of an outlier in my team as i don't really have an idea with dondozo and used it as I've seen others implement it well into their teams

Wormy (Orthworm) @ Leftovers
Ability: Earth Eater
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Coil
- Body Press
- Heavy Slam
- Substitute

orthoworm is my other main set up attacker with cresselia. set up with a substitute into coil to boost defense for a body slam. have the earth eater ability to negate one of its main weaknesses to help with healing either from attacks or substitute. fightinh tera type to boost body press in damage and high hp to help tank hits. i either bring out this or crresselia to start set up early and save the other as backup

Drag (Dragapult) @ Light Clay
Ability: Cursed Body
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Curse
- Dragon Darts

Dragapult is my starter mon. with its high speed i use it to set up light screen and reflect to protect the set up phase of my attackers. light clay to make them last longer and i have dragon darts on it currently but i don't know if i should swap it out for a better move if there is one. i either go for switching it out or sacrificing it for a curse on a difficult pokemon to go against

Owl (Corviknight) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Mirror Armor
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Bulk Up
- Body Press
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

corviknight is a classic bulk up build. mirror armor and rocky helmet to defend against attacks from other pokemon. bulk up body press for damage. with the sleep talk and rest for healing with the ground tera for type weaknesses. this feels like another outlier in my team i believe the build is good but i dont know how it properly can play into my team adn how im running it

hat (Hatterene) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Giga Drain
- Draining Kiss
- Psycho Cut
- Mystical Fire

hatterene is a all rounder almost for pokemon ive been seeing alot and struggled against. i gave it magic bounce for spore and other status users. mystical fire to deal with grass types and lower sp atk. poisen tera for defensive transformation and healing moves to keep it alive. doesnt play a proper role just being used when i hit those roadblocks and this was my solution

overall i think i have a good base but building a cohesive team im struggling with and would love any advice you may have

Last edited:

ShuckleDeath

They call me the kign of typos
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this.

Why did you choose this mon

What do the EV spreads do and why do you have it

What are all 4 moves for

You 100% need a breaker on this team. I feel like a lucky crit / a mon with encore or something like that completely walls ur team. I think replacing something like corviknight with a breaker like baxcalibur, iron valiant, or something similar would be a really good change. Cresellia can be hard to get onto the field effectively in some matchups, and setting up is easy to predict with a team like this.

You 100% need a breaker on this team. I feel like a lucky crit / a mon with encore or something like that completely walls ur team. I think replacing something like corviknight with a breaker like baxcalibur, iron valiant, or something similar would be a really good change. Cresellia can be hard to get onto the field effectively in some matchups, and setting up is easy to predict with a team like this.
thanks for the feedback i definitely realized this over the last couple days lol.

Ok, so this team is a bit weird. You seem to have started on the foundations of a screens team, but then dropped it entirely with Corv and Dozo, both of which are extreme momentum sinks. Furthermore, if you're looking for a screens HO team featuring Cresselia, SV OU sample teams has one by njnp (who is a much better player than me) here. It uses some of the foundations you've set up here (physical and special setup sweeper, suicide lead screens setter with light clay), but uses the superior Zamazenta over Orthworm and has Glimmora for hazards and Enam for breaking power over the momentum sinks of Corv and Dozo. So what I'm going to do is build your team around Cress as an endgame wincon without the screens and a little more balanced approach.
So! To start, I'm changing the Cress set to this:
Cresselia @ Leftovers
Level: 100
Bold Nature
Tera Type: Fairy
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpA
- Stored Power
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Calm Mind
The 112 SpA evs guarantee an 2HKO on Kingambit at +1 with Tera Fairy Moonblast. I removed the Speed evs since it was only really relevant to outspeed Jolly Gambit which has fallen off hard in recent months. Everything else you could potentially benchmark that either regularly runs max speed or isn't relevant to outspeed anyway.
For partners, I'd suggest changing Orthworm to defensive Tusk.
Great Tusk @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
Spin and EQ are mandatory, Stealth Rock is just nice to apply pressure, Knock Off to make progress vs things and remove boots for Stealth Rock. Water Tera is to better handle Dragon Dance Bax lategame, which seriously pressures Cress.
Since Cress is a sort of late-game wincon, you need some offensive pressure early game. For that, I suggest Enamorus. Its Fairy typing can absorb Dragon and Bug moves that threaten Cress and its Ground/Fairy/Fire alongside superpower crushes common SpDef mons like Glowking and Clod. I'd recommend this set:
Enamorus @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Mystical Fire
- Healing Wish

Moonblast/Earth Power/Mystical Fire is for coverage, and Healing Wish can allow Cress a second chance if it gets statused or too damaged. The Scarf adds some necessary speed control for revenge-killing things like +1 Bax and Greninja. The Smogon recommended Tera Type is Fairy, however I changed it to Ground for some extra damage on Earth Powers because the bulky regenerator poisons Glowking and Toxapex can be very annoying for Cress.
Dozo can stay, as he is integral to staving off powerful physical attacks that threaten Cress and to a lesser extent, status (with rest). I'd recommend Heavy Duty Boots over Leftovers, as it very closely dodges some 2HKOs that it would get if even just a single spike is up.
Slowking-Galar @ Assault Vest
Calm Nature
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 120 SpA / 120 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe
- Future Sight
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Surf
Slowking-G takes the place of (mixed psycho cut lol) Hatterene, and forms a nice core with Dozo to stave off special attackers. Future Sight plus a Stored Power after Calm Mind is a guaranteed OHKO on Pex, which otherwise can just haze the boosts away and Toxic the Cress. The Assault Vest is used to more fully wall special attackers, since a lot will take the opportunity to set up. The 0 Speed ivs are for underspeeding Ursaluna in Trick Room, which allows Kingambit Sucker to kill and for underspeeding other Slowking that use Chilly as you are likely to have much more of an impact hitting whatever switches in than the slowking.
Finally, you need something to break, as the post above me said. The best (physical) breakers in the tier right now are Baxcalibur and Kingambit. I'd suggest Kingambit, as its combination of powerful priority and late-game sweep potential is amazing, while Baxcalibur requires a few turns of setup before it can truly break things. I'd use the Offensive set:
Kingambit @ Black Glasses
Adamant Nature
Tera Type: Dark
Ability: Supreme Overlord
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
- Sucker Punch
- Kowtow Cleave
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
Black Glasses and Tera Dark combined with a few SO boosts allow it to just steamroll opposing fat and deal with some HO titans with Sucker Punch, especially those that can accomplish things or set up on Glowking, like Moth, Ghold, Wake, etc. Be aware of Kingambit's incredible bulk- with just HP investment, it can survive:
3 defensive Tusk EQs after Tera
1 Physical Iron Valiant Close Combat after Tera
+1 Jolly Bax's Earthquake before Tera
1 Bulky Cinderace's Pyro Ball before Tera (although if they are smart they will just try to burn you, don't stay in on this matchup)
1 Specs Wake's Flamethrower before Tera
Use this knowledge to plan when to set up a swords dance and begin sweeping.

I hope you find this team helpful and succesful. It might be literally outdated 40 minutes ago when the Teal Mask DLC released, but I hope it still stands up to the new meta.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)