Rate my first team of D/P

Hey, I'm an old veteran from the original days of Pokemon through the Third Generation. I got back into Pokemon with Diamond, and have constructed a team for use on Wifi, and on Shoddy (which has kept me over .500).

Here it is:
Infernape w/ Leftovers
Naive Nature (Because I actually made him Ingame, I didn't go for Jolly and settled for Naive)
252 ATK/252 SPD/6HP
Blaze

U-Turn
Swords Dance
Flare Blitz
Close Combat

I run a physical Infernape as my lead man. If there's something I don't like, I U-Turn out of it, generally to something that can take a hit (Milotic or Metagross). Otherwise, I swords dance and take a quick kill or three.

Milotic w/ Flame Orb (You: WTF?)
Bold Nature (got it on my first egg. yay!)
Marvel Scale
252 Def/84 HP/106 Sp. Atk/56 Sp. Def./12 Spd.
Hypnosis
Surf
Ice Beam
Recover

First things first. The Flame Orb activates Marvel Scale, causing a 1.5x increase in defense. This is my physical wall, can take special hits well, and a good Garchomp counter, so long as I can prevent a Dragon Dance or Swords Dance. I use Hypnosis to provide safe switch ins for my other, more fragile pokemon (think Lucario and Jolteon)

Metagross w/ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature (got lucky as well for this one)
252 Atk/152 HP/104 Speed (yes, directly off serebii.net)
Clear Body
Agility
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Explosion

I use the Lum Berry on status inflicters, who waste a turn using Hypnosis/Will-O-wisp/TW while I get an Agility in. This guy sweeps whole teams sometimes. Explosion is Plan-Z, or more like the kamikaze Garchomp killer, if Milotic fails.

Lucario w/ Expert Belt
Rash Nature (yeah, didn't feel like breeding for Modest)
252 Sp. Atk/252 Spd/ 6HP
Steadfast

Dark Pulse
Dragon Pulse
Calm Mind
Aura Sphere

I've managed to get the jump on a few teams who suspect physical Lucario after Milotic switches out (and hopefully laid a Hypnosis on before). Gengar falls to this guy, as well as Dusknoir, and really anything Luke can get his hands on.

Salamence w/ Focus Sash
Hasty Nature (Hasty has allowed me to do more damage than Adamant on Shoddy)
252 Atk/ 252 Spd/ 6 HP
Intidimidate
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Flamethrower

Classic DDmence. The Dragon Dance allows me to get the attack power required to OHKO a lot of power, enough so Adamant seems useless to me (and because I pack Flamethrower). I prefer to bring this guy out a little earlier in the game, before Steatlth Rock and Sandstorm, allowing me to get at least one Dragon Dance in. I've gotten lucky against a few Garchomps with this guy.

Jolteon w/ Petaya Berry
Modest Nature
252 Spd/ 252 Sp. Atk/ 6 HP
Volt Absorb

Thunderbolt
Substitute
Roar
Baton Pass

I use this guy to absorb TW and any electrical attacks, giving me a free turn to set up a sub. If Garchomp comes in, I try to roar him and keep him at bay. Jolteon does a decent job at passing subs to the others, because the opponent switches to something that can take care of jolteon. Generally the recipients are Salamence, Metagross, or Lucario (who can also take advantage of the Petaya Berry). The sub gives Salamence and Metagross a chance to use their status boosting moves, and gives Lucario a CM or a potshot at the opponent. No matter what you say, this guy is not leaving.

So please, rate this as a Shoddy Team and a Wifi Team.

EDIT: Sorry! Forgot the natures, even though I THINK most of these pogeymanz have only one possible.

4/6 of your pokemon are weak to the oh so common EQ. SD Chomp murders you. EQ kills: metagross; jolteon; lucario; and infernape. Dragon Claw kills: Salamence. Milotic can ice beam but that pesky yache berry and im pretty sure it could kill you after an SD w/ Flame Orb damage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)