Tournament NDPL IV - Semifinals [Tiebreaker @ Post 29]

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
art by Gummy

• Follow all rules listed here.
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for me to make decisions for activity calls when I can actually see what went down with scheduling.
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to me or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.
  • Substitutions may be made after a week has started. When making a substitution, please tag myself, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.
  • Replays are mandatory. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later.
  • Managers: Please send me your lineups in the same format that I used to post pairings. It makes it much easier to post future rounds more quickly.
>>Spreadsheet<<
Courtesy of the amazing Nyx
>>Replays and Usage<<
>>
Commencement<<

:sylveon: Sylveon vs the Forces of Evil (5) vs (5) Galarian Phoenix :moltres-galar:
SV Ubers: pichus vs baconeatinassassin
SV OU: Isza vs Ryuji
SV OU: crying vs Inder
SV OU: Unowndragon vs Baloor
SV UU: gum vs Elfuseon
SV RU: s7a vs Thiago Nunes
SV DOU: Akaru Kokuyo vs Voltix
SV Monotype: Splash vs Trouser Snakes
SS OU: Sage vs ChrisPBacon
SS OU: 3d vs Drud

:gholdengo: Goldenrod Gholdengos (6) vs (4) Vice City Victinis :victini:
SV Ubers: skimmythegod vs Kate
SV OU: zioziotrip vs BigFatMantis
SV OU: hi.naming is hard vs Kayzn
SV OU: LBN vs Adriyun
SV UU: Saurav the great vs Rasche
SV RU: Piyush25 vs JustFranco
SV DOU: Smudge vs eragon11145
SV Monotype: Ainzcrad vs Trichotomy
SS OU: Fc vs Roginald
SS OU: Jordy vs Taka

Sylveon vs the Forces of Evil (0) vs (0) Galarian Phoenix
SV Ubers: pichus vs baconeatinassassin
SV OU: Isza vs Ryuji
SV OU: crying vs Inder
SV OU: UnownDragon vs Baloor
SV UU: gum vs Elfuseon
SV RU: s7a vs Thiago Nunes
SV DOU: Akaru Kokuyo vs Voltix
SV Monotype: Splash vs Trouser Snakes
SS OU: Sage vs ChrisPBacon
SS OU: 3d vs Drud

Goldenrod Gholdengos (0) vs (0) Vice City Victinis
SV UU: Saurav the Great vs Rasche

The deadline for this round is Sunday, October 29th at 11:59 PM -4.

Last edited by a moderator:

hidin

What a kind young man
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Goldenrod Gholdengos (1) vs (9) Vice City Victinis
SV UU: Saurav the Great vs Rasche

GO VICTINIS!!!

Runo

I get imposter syndrome from playing mons!!!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
:Sylveon:5-3:Moltres-Galar:
SV Ubers: pichus vs baconeatinassassin - idc
SV OU: Isza vs Ryuji - I like their teams
SV OU: crying vs Inder - better player I think
SV OU: Unowndragon vs Baloor - better player i think
SV UU: gum vs Elfuseon - better player i think
SV RU: s7a vs Thiago Nunes - I haven't liked a single s7a build
SV DOU: Akaru Kokuyo vs Voltix - vs wins this easily
SV Monotype: Splash vs Trouser Snakes - funny name
SS OU: Sage vs ChrisPBacon - Bacon is cool
SS OU: 3d vs Drud - idk leaning Drud ig

:Gholdengo:1-8 :Victini:
SV Ubers: skimmythegod vs Kate - Kate
SV OU: zioziotrip vs BigFatMantis - idk whoever loads the most broken mu fish wins ig
SV OU: hi.naming is hard vs Kayzn - PugGod is the next Lebron James of NatDex
SV OU: LBN vs Adriyun - Adriun I love you :3
SV UU: Saurav the great vs Rasche - NDUU Legend is a fake title anyways.
SV RU: Piyush25 vs JustFranco - Cheese team vs Heat team
SV DOU: Smudge vs eragon11145 - Smudge is the only cool person on the Gholdengos
SV Monotype: Ainzcrad vs Trichotomy - roll a good type I guess
SS OU: Fc vs Roginald - Rogi
SS OU: Jordy vs Taka - Taka no diffs

Now hear me out: 3 RU slots for the tie breaker. The idea is incredible no?

FREE PREDICTS
All unbias(Please don't be offended by predictions, it's really not that deep)

Goldenrod Gholdengos (5) vs (5) Vice City Victinis :victini:
Skimmy has had a fantastic tour, and most of his games have been great to watch. Doesn't bring nonsense and pilots his teams well. Kate is historically always great at these formats and if she didn't start in SS I believe she would be positive. Anyone's game, although if Kate doesn't troll she should take it.
I've spoken to Zio multiple times about nat dex and he admits he has no idea what's going on after loading entei stall. A solid player though and I have confidence he pilots whatever is given to him.
Fun game between 2 decent mainers. I bold kayzn however his zapdos/alo/Moltres style from his friends is rubbing off on him, which eventually will get taken advantage of. Hi.naming also has a bit of a bax+glowing obsession so all fair game? Kayzn has more results so going with him.
Quality wise I think this game will suck since both players are very clicker friendly. I can't tell you Lunas team building process but whatever he's doing works since he's 5-2. NGL I dont like his teams either, but this is more of a preference. Adriyun I think personally is decent, although I've heard from his teammates he's a little Adamant on sticking to his trends which isn't always great. Wouldn't be surprised if he wins but going with who has more experience
SV UU: Saurav the great vs Rasche
When you think of quality games from this NDPL This guys week 7 games comes to mind. In a high pressure important game, he sequenced extremely well with imo, no mistakes. Very good player and the best UU in the entire tour. Rasche I don't know too much about although this seems like a wash.
I asked Franco for a ru team and he said he makes his teams in 5 mins and plays. He's also like 5-2, so idk what to make of that. Piyush25 usually does decent in these formats, wouldn't be surprised at him winning(plus the RU teams from Gholdengos seem cool)
Idk much about doubles but Gholdengos are like 0-7/1-6 there so, yea.
2nd Best Monotype player on the site, no question.
I found out from FC he builds his own teams which is impressive seeing as SS isn't exactly that friendly to newer builders. Roginald has packwatch on most of my friend group in nat dex teamtours, although I don't think he sequences games very well. You also absolutely need to support him and I don't got much faith in whatever Kate makes.
Ngl, after Jordy stayed in to Waterfall a lando with base Swampert I should probably bold against him every week. Taka is definitely a better player, however jordy is a massive cheeser and I think he's gonna bring something his opponent won't realistically break. This will come down to match up but going with the mainer.

If it goes to tiebreak, I believe this is what it should be:

OU: zioziotrip vs Kayzn
UU: Saurav the great vs JustFranco/Kate
DOU: Smudge vs eragon11145

Might sound crazy but I think Tinis should pick doubles seeing as the slot is doing very poorly on the Gholdengos end. You could pick RU although Gholdengos have capable players to win that slot. Pick Monotype and Kate/Co should be banned from managing.

Gholdengos have a better OU, Victinis have better lower tiers. Best of luck to both teams.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)