XY OU My first stall team! (yeah it sucks)

This is my first stall team (you totally did not already know this nope) and it's really bad so I would like suggestions on how to make it better. anyway enough jazz this is the team:

venusprite.png
heatransprite.png
chansprite.png
skarmsprite.png
(god that looks derpy)
slowsprite.png
duscsprite.png

Teambuiding process:

venusprite.png
started with mega venusaur, 'cause I'm always irritated about how it walls everything I do

venusprite.png heatransprite.png
put a heatran on, because it covers all of venusaur's weaknesses and is the next third of a FWG core

venusprite.png heatransprite.png slowsprite.png

slowbro because FWG and it's cool

venusprite.png heatransprite.png slowsprite.png skarmsprite.png
skarm because ground immune and it's cool too

venusprite.png heatransprite.png slowsprite.png skarmsprite.png chansprite.png
chansey because it's really good and I didn't have a fighting weakness so it's not crippling

venusprite.png heatransprite.png slowsprite.png skarmsprite.png chansprite.png duscsprite.png
dusclops because spinblocker and will-o-wisp but really it's easily the worst member of my team

In depth:

venusprite.png

Venusaur@venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

not much to say, am considering a more specially defensive set because this isn't too great at taking special hits (italicized because it is great). otherwise standard mega-saur, leech seed is really good for this team because I can switch out and get healing on dusclops/heatran. this thing walls every physical attacker and it's mother (except x-zard but that's not too much of a problem), though, so it's really great and won't be switched out any time soon (at least until mega metagross).

heatransprite.png

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Roar

standard specially defensive heatran, am thinking of switching out stealth rock for protect and putting rocks on skarmory, but this is a more reliable lead so I won't do anything for now. forms a very nice core with venusaur and slowbro, but especially venusaur because it resists all of venusaur's weaknesses, and venusaur resists all of its weaknesses except ground, and can take pretty much any ground hit so that doesn't matter.

slowsprite.png

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Flamethrower

this is pretty much the normal OU slowbro, it physical walls like a god and after a calm mind or two, pretty much nothing can take it down. venusaur-heatran-slowbro is not a defensive core to laugh at, although this is the only thing on my team with anything that resembles offensive power. slowbro is imo one of the best physical walls in OU, but sadly isn't too fond of special hits.

skarmsprite.png

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost
- Whirlwind

If slowbro is one of the top physical walls in this meta, skarmory is the best of all. this thing walls pretty much any physical attacker in the meta without trouble, x-zard and talonflame are the only ones that bother it. I need all these moves on here, but I also want protect on heatran and chansey really does not have a free moveslot, so I'm not sure what to do.

chansprite.png

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect
- Thunder Wave

This thing suffers from so much four-move syndrome it's ridiculous. I need wish to get reliable healing on heatran and dusclops, I need thunder wave support on this team, heal bell might have to go (although niether slowbro nor dusclops enjoy being toxiced, and skarmory hates being burned or paralyzed) but lacking seismic means she has no way to damage opponents. heal bell could really get switched out for seismic toss because I haven't had many uses for it, I guess.

duscsprite.png

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Destiny Bond
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

And this is dusclops, last but not... well, that would be lying. this is by far the weakest team member and if any of you have any suggestions for getting rid of him, they would be great. right now I'm thinking about a rotom-w, but I already have a water type and it doesn't have reliable healing either. to be honest, this set is pretty much exactly the set I use on duskull in LC (except for the EVs obviously) and in hindsight, that might have been a bad idea.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Roar

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect
- Thunder Wave

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Flamethrower

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Destiny Bond
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

so, give the team a rate and be as harsh as you want, it doesn't bother me.

I would trade ur dusclops in for a sableeye which can do spin blocking/ will o wisp better with prankster. In the current meta most people are using defog or excadrill who can smack your dusclops with an earthquake. At least with prankster sableeye set you can out speed the excadrill and cripple it with a burn.

Sableeye@leftovers
Ability: prankster
-will-o-wisp
-recover(for healing/stalling)
-taunt
-snarl(to help wall Spa threats has great synergy with burn)

Last edited:

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
Venusaur-Mega and Heatran looks pretty standard so I don't suggest any changes. On Skarmory, Stealth Rock or Spikes isntead of Whirlwind may work better.
I don't play with Chansey so I don't know what EV spread is best, but I face 252 Def / 252 SpD pretty often and Smogon suggests that spread too: https://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/chansey But I think it's best to listen to a user with more experience on Chansey.

Changing Dusclops to Sableye is a good idea. Mew can be a good alternative too.
Sableye with Priority Taunt + WoW + Recovery is great and if you're opponent lack a good special attacker it often can break through entire teams.

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Foul Play / Knock Off

Mew pretty much does the same job with Taunt + WoW + Recovery, but with Synchronize instead of Prankster

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP, 104 Def, 152 Spe (to outspeed Mega-Heracross) or 252 HP, 224 Def, 32 Spe (to outspeed Tyranitar and Bisharp)
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled
- Knock Off

You don't need Defog because I don't think your team is hurt very much by hazards. Knock Off to cripple other stall is a better option imo

thanks! this chansey spread really doesn't need more bulk though, so that's fine. I need whirlwind to phase out physical setup sweepers so I won't change that, and I'll change sableye to mew because sableye really isn't bulky enough if WoW misses. I'll put rocks on skarmory instead of defog and defog over WoW on Mew, because I don't really have a problem with physical sweepers.

thank you! this seems like a good idea and I'll try it out now
Also forgot to mention Sableeye makes a great lead for when you see those suicide leads like stealth rock setters and the king of all gimmicks Smeargle. I have run through teams with what I consider to be a support sableeye set just because they are not prepared for it I would really suggest you try it out in place of your Dusclops. Just taunt the leads before they set there hazards and burn/snarl the switch in. So many rage quits lol. Sable eye really fears nothing but those fairys.

For your Slowbro Psyshock>Flamethrower for beating mons liek clef and suicine in the calm mind war as well as hitting Venusaur and Keldeo harder, good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)