National Dex Make those lil peeps cry! A National Dex stall team featuring Shedinja and friends!

Shedinja pog?!

• yes!!

• no :/

Results are only viewable after voting.

skimmythegod

is a Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
INTRODUCTION-

Hello everyone this is skimmy and welcome to this rmt! This is a national dex stall team made by me and the goat animallol. I've had plenty of success with this team and managed to reached the 1600s.

Capture.PNG

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Flamethrower
- Calm Mind

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Aromatherapy
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Protect
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Bulk Up
- Brave Bird

Shedinja @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Poltergeist
- Toxic
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance

TEAM BULDING PROCESS-

:shedinja:
I started building this team by adding shedinja, a really cool mon and one of my favorites, all because of its ability wonder guard. Shedinja actually is really useful to this team as it basically makes some of the scariest threats to stall a mere settup fodder!

:shedinja: :Sableye-Mega:
I added mega sableye next to this team as it gives me a quick solution to shedinja's biggest weakness, passive damage. It switches into defensive mons going for a status move or setting up rocks against shedinja.

:shedinja: :Sableye-Mega: :quagsire:
Quagsire is naturally an auto add to stall due to its ability to thwart setup sweepers that would naturally annoy stall just because its unware of those setup sweepers!

:shedinja: :Sableye-Mega: :quagsire: :clefable:
People don't usually run unaware clefable on stall just because it faces stiff competition from quagsire, another unaware mon. But there's one thing quagsire can't check, grass types and special sweepers. And all of those are really prominent in the tier, so to be safe against them, i added clefable.

:shedinja: :Sableye-Mega: :quagsire: :clefable: :chansey:
Its chansey people!

:shedinja: :Sableye-Mega: :quagsire: :clefable: :chansey: :corviknight:
Lastly, i added corviknight, a really great check to grass spam since they were a huge threat to the team otherwise. It also gave me an option of hazard removal, which this team severely lacked as mega sableye cant beat all of the stealth rockers.

:ss/shedinja: :ss/sableye-mega: :ss/quagsire: :ss/clefable: :ss/chansey: :ss/corviknight:

The team and their sets-

:ss/shedinja:

Shedinja @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Poltergeist
- Toxic
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance

Shedinja provides this team a check to pokemon like kyurem, tapu lele, mega medicham and lopunny and many more! ( make sure to check kyurem and lele's set before because ive seen some random doods run shadow ball so idk ._. ) The ev spread is pretty obvious since why would u run defense evs onto a mon that literally dies to any attack :/ I'm running a sd set with toxic to cripple switchins like zapdos and tangrowth. Shadow sneak is nice for picking off weakened targets.

:ss/Sableye-mega:

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Shadow Sneak
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Sableye provides this team a switchin to stealth rockers like landorus, garchomp and most importantly ferrothorn. It cripples them all hard with will-o-wisp. ( Make sure to keep ur checks to those pokemon healthy because wisp only has a 10 percent accuracy! ) Max hp and defense allows u to check mega medicham and also allows u to take a + 2 earthquake from garchomp and landorus. Knock off is for making progress against the opponent's team and sneak allows u to pick weakened targets.

:ss/quagsire:

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic

Quagsire being unaware of everything means it can check setup sweepers like mega charizard x, garchomp, landorus and more with ease. Max hp and defense allows u to never get 2hkoed by these targets! Scald is usesful for spreading burns, earthquake is a nice stab move, toxic is very toxic and recover is pretty obvious.

:ss/clefable:
Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Flamethrower
- Calm Mind

Looks like clefable has joined quagsire's unware party too! Anyway there are some mons like kommo-o, volcarona, and grass types quagsire just cant hope to check. So here comes clefable, easily switching into those. Max hp and defense allows u to do what quagsire does but u have nice spdef so this can actually take a special hit. Calm mind allows it to be a great win condition.

:ss/chansey:
Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Aromatherapy
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock

Its chansey! The best special wall in the entire game, even better than its evolution blissey! I didnt put spdef evs because i mean.. ur the best special wall in the game! u dont need spdef investment to make it take a million special hits! It also provides rocks so u can actually chip ur opponent's mons down because this team cant do any damage!

:ss/corviknight:

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Bulk Up
- Brave Bird

Lastly we have corviknight. The best metal bird is on this team! Corv allows me to counter rillaboom and kartan which destroyed this team otherwise. Running a bulk up set so it can be a win condition as well as providing defog support to this team.

Threatlist and how to win against them-

:charizard-mega-y:- Probably the biggest threat to this team, ohkoes the entire team except chansey and even chansey cant do much damage to it since it isnt carrying toxic.
How to win against it- Firstly zard y isnt very common, but if u do see one try to lure it in with shedinja and cripple it with toxic, also try keeping rocks on the field because it will limit the amount of times it will switch in.

:tyranitar:- Another huge threat, cb is probably the most dangerous, 2hkoes the enitre team with the right coverage. Support sets are nothing to worry about.
How to win against it- Try pivoting around its moves and maybe pp stall its stone edges with corv. Statusing it is the best way to beat it tho.

:gyarados-mega:- Gg.
How to win against it- U cant, unless ur opponent chokes and lets it get burned.

skimmythegod

is a Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
Iron Defense body press corv would solve the issue of Gyara and Ttar, so I would recommend that here. 2 Unaware mons also seem overkill.
yeah id corv looks pretty good and also clef is really useful for checking volc and kommo o and is also useful as a backup check to setup sweepers

skimmythegod

is a Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
I disagree with boots in shedinja. Since you have amazing hazard control between Corviknight and Sableye, focus sash seems a better fit to let you get away with one misplay or weird coverage move from your opponent.
hmm, so isnt safety goggles better since it significantly improves my sand or hail matchup?

Nowno

la frappe du quartier est approuvé ✅
you should list heatran as the biggest treats; if it carries toxic, you autolose, and you can't remove rocks from it, especially since your sableye is physdef. also, I would run this set of corv to stop most mawile sets and remove garchomp chances to setup rocks fairly easily.
and quag is really not the prefered choice in stall because clef has cm and heal bell with less annoying weaknesses, but quag can deal with some treats that clef can't, and vice-versa.

Corviknight @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 Spe
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Roost
- Defog

skimmythegod

is a Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
you should list heatran as the biggest treats; if it carries toxic, you autolose, and you can't remove rocks from it, especially since your sableye is physdef. also, I would run this set of corv to stop most mawile sets and remove garchomp chances to setup rocks fairly easily.
and quag is really not the prefered choice in stall because clef has cm and heal bell with less annoying weaknesses, but quag can deal with some treats that clef can't, and vice-versa.

Corviknight @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 Spe
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Roost
- Defog
well heatran hasnt been really a threat since quag can easily come on it, regarding toxic, yeah its annoying but chansey can just heal it off. The scariest tran set is graassium z tho but that isnt very common.

Nowno

la frappe du quartier est approuvé ✅
well heatran hasnt been really a threat since quag can easily come on it, regarding toxic, yeah its annoying but chansey can just heal it off. The scariest tran set is graassium z tho but that isnt very common.
pp of toxic : 16
pp of heal bell : 8
even if you have sableye, you can't bounce 8 toxics. when you will play against someone that doesn't ragequit turn when he see he doesn't instant win but has heatran it's gonna be hard, tran is really good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)