Pending Highlight users on their ID

Felucia

Robot Empress
is a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Suggestion is pretty simple. In one of my rooms, it's essential for users to highlight others, but this is a difficult task for mobile users when they have to deal with names that contain a bunch of aesthetic special characters that they are unable to reproduce. Sure, copy/paste offers a solution, but I don't think there'd be any repercussions for users highlighting on their user ID on top of their display name.

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I thought this already was the case. Do I misunderstand what you mean?
Screen Shot 2024-01-09 at 8.52.57 AM.png

edit: i told felucia elsewhere, but for thread readers, I did not have any highlights enabled

Last edited:

Felucia

Robot Empress
is a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
I thought this already was the case. Do I misunderstand what you mean?
View attachment 590178
1704808529259.png

I'm unsure how the code works but it doesn't target the ID exactly. Is Adeleine explicitly on your highlights list, or does it only filter certain characters?

Edit: Dug through the code, highlights are a pretty cool system that make a lot of characters optional. The only required characters for highlights are ^ ~- which includes spaces like in my name, but not whatever your name was.

Code:
if (/[^\ -\~]/.test(escaped[i])) {
    escaped = escaped.slice(0, i) + ',' + escaped.slice(i + 1);
}
at client.js line 168.

I guess my new suggestion would be to make those characters optional too

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)