SS OU GALARIAN ZAPDOS HAZARD STACK - PEAKED #1, 2041, 90.0% GXE ft. Regieleki, Weavile

Which team member is rocking the wild-western look best?

• Sheriff Landorus-Therian

Votes: 41 18.9%
  • Cowboy Hat Regieleki

Votes: 21 9.7%
  • Stylish Boots Outlaw Weavile

Votes: 21 9.7%
  • Classy Mobster Galarian Zapdos

Votes: 29 13.4%
  • Gunslinger Lasso Ferrothorn

Votes: 62 28.6%
  • Monocle Suspicious Gentleman Slowking

Votes: 43 19.8%

• Total voters

TABLE OF CONTENTS:

1. Introduction
  2. Proof of Peak
  3. Team + Description
  4. Team Building Process
  5. Team usage tips
  6. Threat List
  7. Replays
  8. Shoutouts
  9. Importable
  10. Other Teams
  11. Outro

1. INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone, it’s Pinkacross, and I’ve got another team. Recently I posted a Regieleki Rain Offense that achieved #1, and it showed me just how threatening Regieleki Hazard Stack was. I wanted to take a more defensive take on Regieleki Hazard Stack featuring one of my favorite new pokemon, Galarian Zapdos! This team took a lot of time to develop, precisely altering sets until we reached this final product. I present to you, Zapdos’ Salty Saloon.

2. PROOF OF PEAK

This team clapped the ladder, delivering consistent wins at all levels of play, starting in the 1600s. Technically our final peak was 2068 (which can be seen in the 3rd replay below) but as we did not have 90% GXE at that point we decided to display this peak.

3. TEAM + DESCRIPTION

Zapdos-Galar @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Drill Peck / Thunderous Kick
- Brave Bird

- U-turn

This is the main breaker. Galarian Zapdos has incredible synergy with the other pokemon on this team. The team’s hazard stack element is greatly strengthened by having this incredibly powerful Defiant breaker, often stopping Corviknight, Landorus, Mandibuzz, and other Defoggers from removing hazards. Future Sight support lets Galarian Zapdos easily OHKO every pokemon in OU with minimal or no chip. And finally, Regieleki often baits in Landorus-Therian, which, if you double into Galarian Zapdos, you receive a Defiant boost and a guaranteed OHKO or 2HKO on every pokemon in the tier. This combined can make any bulky team break apart. Be careful when utilizing Galarian Zapdos against bulky teams, however, as if it gets chipped too much, it will cease to be a threat. Choice Band is used as the item to give Galarian Zapdos more breaking power, especially after a Defiant boost. Close Combat and Brave Bird are the main STAB moves, with Drill Peck used to give a less harmful Flying-STAB for situations where you don’t need the power of Brave Bird. Lastly, U-turn gives Galarian Zapdos a strong pivoting move to use that can also hit pokemon such as Slowbro and Slowking super-effectively. Thunderous Kick can be run, but it is almost always worse than Close Combat, as two Close Combats do more damage than two consecutive Thunderous Kicks. Jolly Nature is necessary so Galarian Zapdos can outpace threats such as Urshifu-R, Tapu Lele, and Kyurem.

NOTABLE CALCS:

+1 252 Atk Choice Band Zapdos-Galar Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 108 Def Landorus-Therian: 415-490 (108.6 - 128.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 Atk Choice Band Zapdos-Galar Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 399-469 (100 - 117.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Choice Band Zapdos-Galar Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 153-181 (50.3 - 59.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Choice Band Zapdos-Galar Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Slowking-Galar: 343-405 (87 - 102.7%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Weavile @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure / Pickpocket
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Low Kick / Triple Axel / Icicle Crash
- Knock Off

- Ice Shard

Weavile acts as speed control, a sweeper stopper, a Dragapult answer, and it can function as a sweeper itself. Weavile’s role changes drastically based on the opponent’s team. If the opponent has a Garchomp, keeping Weavile around is often vital. However, against some teams, it is worth sacking Weavile off merely to get a Knock Off on a pokemon such as Ferrothorn or Zapdos. Identify how important Weavile is, and play it based on that. Heavy Duty Boots are chosen on Weavile so it never takes Stealth Rock damage, an important item since the team’s only removal is Rapid Spin on Regieleki. Swords Dance is a mandatory boosting move for Weavile, letting it threaten opposing teams immensely late game. Knock Off is Weavile’s main dark STAB, having the useful utility of removing items, including Heavy Duty Boots, which is particularly helpful for a Hazard Stack. Ice Shard is an important priority move that lets Weavile act as a counter to setup Rillaboom, Dragapult, Garchomp, and Dragonite. For the last slot, the most popular option is Triple Axel. Triple Axel was used in the process of peaking with this team, but I personally prefer Low Kick (to hit Ferrothorn, Bisharp, Magnezone, and Melmetal) or Icicle Crash instead. If you can hit Triple Axel, however, go for it. It really comes down to personal preference, as any of these options work well with the team. Jolly Nature lets Weavile outspeed Tornadus-Therian and tie other Weavile. Adamant is an option as well, giving Weavile more power in exchange for a lower speed tier-- both work with the team as well, though Jolly was used in the process of peaking with this team. Lastly, Pressure is used as Weavile’s ability to avoid opponents taking advantage of Weavile if it has lost its item by passing a Black Sludge, Choice Specs, or other harmful items. Pickpocket can be used, however, and it is sometimes very helpful. Once again, personal preference.

NOTABLE CALCS:

252 Atk Weavile Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 264-312 (73.9 - 87.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Weavile Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dragonite: 264-312 (81.7 - 96.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (after Multiscale is broken)

252 Atk Weavile Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Rillaboom: 134-162 (39.2 - 47.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery

+2 252 Atk Weavile Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Corviknight: 354-423 (88.5 - 105.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ Atk Weavile Low Kick (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Ferrothorn: 358-422 (101.7 - 119.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 Atk Weavile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 160-189 (52.6 - 62.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Regieleki @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Transistor
EVs: 56 HP / 24 Def / 252 SpA / 172 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Electro Ball
- Volt Switch

- Ancient Power

Regieleki is the speed control and removal for the team, though it can also function as a bait and a sweeper. Regieleki outspeeds the entire tier, excluding strange Choice Scarf Dragapult, Zeraora, and other speedy Scarfers. Regieleki is a fantastic revenge killer, and it applies pressure to many of the Defoggers in the tier, a very beneficial trait for a hazard stack team. Regieleki also acts as a lure for Landorus-Therian, letting you double into Galarian Zapdos for an Intimidate Defiant boost. Be careful not to use this strategy all the time, however, as it can get predictable. Heavy Duty Boots are important on Regieleki, as it frequently enters and doesn’t appreciate hazard damage. Rapid Spin is a fantastic move, letting Regieleki remove hazards and also boost its Speed to the point that nothing in the tier can outpace it-- with just one Rapid Spin Speed boost, Regieleki outspeeds Barraskewda in the rain. Electro Ball is chosen as it has 150 BP against Toxapex, Slowking, Slowbro, Galarian Slowking, and Ferrothorn. It also has 120 BP against Clefable, and generally deals more significant damage to many walls. Electro Ball ranges from 40-150 BP based on the Speed of the opponent, with intervals of 40, 60, 80, 120, and 150. If you hover over the Electro Ball move during a game, it will tell you the range of damage it could do to your opponent based on Speed investment. Watch out though, as this does not take Choice Scarves into account, which do decrease the power of Electro Ball. Rapid Spin speed boosts also boost the power of Electro Ball. Volt Switch is the most important move on this set, letting Regieleki either force out a Ground or gain momentum with a strong STAB move. Lastly, Ancient Power is great for hitting Volcarona, Landorus-Therian, Kyurem, and getting the occasional omniboost. The EVs are designed to let Regieleki outspeed Scarf Base 110 Speed pokemon such as Gengar and Latios. The HP and Defense EVs let Regieleki live an Adamant Life Orb +1 Sucker Punch from Bisharp from full.

NOTABLE CALCS:

252 SpA Transistor Regieleki Electro Ball (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 267-315 (67.7 - 79.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Transistor Regieleki Electro Ball (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 80+ SpD Assault Vest Slowking-Galar: 160-189 (40.6 - 47.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 56 HP / 24 Def Regieleki: 265-312 (84.1 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 SpA Heatran Earth Power vs. 80 HP / 4 SpD Regieleki: 280-330 (87.2 - 102.8%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Transistor Regieleki Electro Ball (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex: 344-408 (113.1 - 134.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Transistor Regieleki Electro Ball (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Slowking: 414-488 (105 - 123.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Regieleki Ancient Power vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Landorus-Therian: 46-55 (12 - 14.4%) -- possibly the worst move ever

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 28 Spe
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

- Earthquake

You know him and love him, he's Landorus-Therian. Landorus is the Stealth Rock setter, primary Ground immunity, and Electric immunity of the team. Landorus is also the most common lead for this team. A tip when using Landorus is to always trade Toxic with other Landorus if they are the opponent’s sole Electric immunity. Regieleki loves the opposing Ground being poisoned. Leftovers are chosen to help Landorus have as much longevity as possible, as Landorus frequently needs to come in several times per game. Stealth Rock is a necessary move for every hazard stack, helping to rack up residual damage. Earthquake is Landorus’ main STAB Ground move, allowing it to force out Heatran, Tapu Koko, and occasionally Toxapex. U-turn is a great switching move that helps Landorus safely exit the battlefield while dealing damage, and is used more often than switching out in my experience. For the last slot, Toxic is very helpful for poisoning opposing pokemon, particularly Ground types such as Hippowdown, Garchomp, and other Landorus-Therian, which helps wear them down for Regieleki. Landorus is mainly invested in HP and Special Defense, to make it a better check for Tapu Koko, Zapdos, and Heatran, as well as being able to reliably live hits from Specs Tapu Lele and Specs Dragapult from full. However, the 104 Defense investment guarantees that Landorus lives a +1 Life Orb Grassy Glide from Rillaboom after taking Rocks damage. Landorus has a 28 IV in speed so it can comfortably outspeed uninvested Heatran, while still reliably underspeeding other Landorus-Therian leads, so it can slow U-turn out.

NOTABLE CALCS:

+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Rillaboom Grassy Glide vs. 248 HP / 104 Def Landorus-Therian in Grassy Terrain: 302-356 (79.2 - 93.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 248 HP / 156+ SpD Landorus-Therian in Psychic Terrain: 262-309 (68.7 - 81.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 248 HP / 156+ SpD Landorus-Therian: 124-147 (32.5 - 38.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery and trapping damage

0 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 568-672 (147.1 - 174%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Tapu Koko Dazzling Gleam vs. 248 HP / 156+ SpD Landorus-Therian: 97-115 (25.4 - 30.1%) -- 0.6% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Zapdos Hurricane vs. 248 HP / 156+ SpD Landorus-Therian: 132-156 (34.6 - 40.9%) -- 58.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Power Whip / Leech Seed
- Body Press
- Knock Off

- Spikes

Ferrothorn is the Spikes setter of the team, an element which every hazard stack needs. Ferrothorn also functions as a check to Weavile, Calm Mind Tapu Fini, and to some extent Garchomp. Ferrothorn’s main role is to set Spikes to either pressure the opposing team with hazards, or force a Defog to let Galarian Zapdos break with a +2 Defiant boost. Leftovers are chosen for Longevity, however, Rocky Helmet is a valid option as well, letting Ferrothorn be a larger nuisance to Weavile. Ferrothorn is Defensively invested to better take on Weavile, as well as threats like Kartana. Knock Off is a very important move for Ferrothorn, letting it Knock Off other Ferrothorn, Defoggers, and especially Ground types such as opposing Landorus-Therian. Body Press is used to give Ferrothorn a way to OHKO Weavile and deal solid damage to other Ferrothorn. Power Whip is used on this set so the team can take on Calm Mind Tapu Fini, which the team otherwise struggles against, however since CM Fini is uncommon, you can run Leech Seed instead if you prefer. 8 Speed on Ferrothorn is to help it win ties with other Ferrothorn, letting you set up Spikes before you are fainted.

NOTABLE CALCS:

252 Atk Weavile Triple Axel (40 BP) (3 hits) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 111-135 (31.6 - 38.4%) -- approx. 0.4% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Def Ferrothorn Body Press vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Weavile: 548-648 (195 - 230.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 97-115 (27.6 - 32.7%) -- 81.3% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 150-178 (42.7 - 50.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Slowking @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Future Sight
- Scald
- Slack Off

- Teleport

Slowking is the pivot of the team, and it functions as a Special wall. It walls Tapu Lele and Heatran. Heavy Duty Boots are important so Slowking can enter on hazards and be unaffected, an important trait for a pivot. Slowking is invested maximum in Special Defense to better take on Tapu Lele and non-Choice Specs Kyurem. Future Sight is a very important breaking move for this team. Nothing in the tier can withstand the combination of Future Sight and Galarian Zapdos. Future Sight + Teleport into Regieleki is very strong as well. Particularly if the opposing Ground is poisoned, Knocked Off, or weakened, by combining Future Sight with an Electric Move, you can force the opponent to sack a pokemon. Future Sight, for those who don’t know, is a 120 BP move that hits two turns after being used. For instance, I could use Future Sight, Teleport, select Galarian Zapdos and click Brave Bird. On the turn that Brave Bird hits, Future Sight would hit, letting me OHKO Toxapex. Scald is a good STAB move that Slowking can use to burn members of the opposing team and deal solid damage without having to wait two turns. It is also important for letting Slowking check Heatran. Slack Off is chosen for the final move to keep Slowking healthy throughout the game.

NOTABLE CALCS:

252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Slowking: 157-186 (39.8 - 47.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Kyurem Freeze-Dry vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Slowking: 156-186 (39.5 - 47.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

0 SpA Slowking Future Sight vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 156-184 (40.8 - 48.1%) -- 8.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Slowking Future Sight vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Garchomp: 147-174 (41.1 - 48.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Slowking Scald vs. 252 HP / 136+ SpD Heatran: 134-158 (34.7 - 40.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

4. TEAM BUILDING PROCESS

I started with Regieleki. I knew that this pokemon was fantastic, but I wanted to try it on a bulky hazard stack build.

I added Galarian Zapdos to abuse Landorus Intimidate, and function as a Defog repellant. I knew this would end up as a hazard stack, and there’s no better partner for Regieleki on a bulky hazard stack.

I added a Landorus Ferrothorn hazard core, with Specially Defensive Landorus and Physically Defensive Ferrothorn to give me Spikes and Stealth Rock while maintaining the switching momentum of the team.

I added on a Slowking to check Heatran and Tapu Lele, as well as using Future Sight for added breaking power and giving Regieleki the ability to force out and harm Grounds.

Storm Zone realized that Swords Dance Garchomp, Dragonite, and Dragapult all posed a threat to my team, so he recommended adding on a Weavile to function as additional speed control with Regieleki, and cover my holes while providing the team with a strong sweeper.

5. TEAM USAGE TIPS

1. Wear down the opponent’s Ground type(s) when possible. People often underestimate how potent Regieleki is.
2. Utilize Future Sight to force Ground types out, damaging them further toward the point of Regieleki winning.
3. Be bold with Galarian Zapdos. You’ll need to make call-outs and doubles to really break down teams, unless you have a free matchup.
4. Be patient. Don’t go for a risky sweep when you could get a guaranteed sweep later. This team can often afford to play the long game.
5. Stack hazards when possible. Let opponents get up hazards if it means you get up hazards. Hazards almost always benefit our team more, especially when Regieleki can spin them away.
6. Practice. This is a strange team, and it will take a little getting used to.
7. Check out the Replays section if you’re still struggling. :)

6. THREAT LIST

Powerful, fast, Special Ghost hitters are a threat to the team. Our Ghost resist is Weavile, which is difficult at times. Don’t let the team get chipped to the point where either of these wins, and remember to try to keep them off the field with hazard pressure and keeping in semi-checks such as Landorus, Regieleki, and Weavile.

Specs Kyurem can wreak havoc on this team, with Weavile being our only resistance to Ice. Fortunately, Kyurem hates hazards and is relatively easy to pressure with Weavile, Ferrothorn, and Galarian Zapdos. If facing a Substitute Kyurem, and Weavile is needed to check Dragapult and/or is indisposed for some other reason, you can switch into Slowking as they Substitute.

7. REPLAYS

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1415312795-y0zow8bf1kzkovpe4trc23906jowhippw - vs Sand

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1416769515-f0z2qdcxfyjhtvy5fr4q80r8qrqn8qcpw - 6-0 vs Magnezone Weavile Balance in 2000s

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1416781282-ugul5vy7l31k63l95bab1xz3ljjfpr2pw - vs HO in 2000s (2068 peak)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1416942256-d0edsr2r98i7dvf65ia0rsr5khyinscpw - vs Dracozolt Sand in 2000s

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1417357588-lni55w6s890jqf2ki0li8ou71lni6hgpw - Regieleki sweep

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1419998014-51rzgsk5gorc741ouxde2ra26pcuq0tpw - vs Stall

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1420010839-jpw1j99uyolaivmhaskd5xzkenf7ro4pw - vs Shedinja Stall

PLEASE SEND ME YOUR OWN REPLAYS ON SMOGON SO I CAN ADD HERE! :)

8. SHOUTOUTS

As usual shoutouts to Storm Zone for helping make some changes to the team and peaking! He’s a top level player who’s very creative, and is helping me push the meta forward. Also huge shoutouts to all the people who encouraged me to make projects like this. Hearing how much joy my teams can give people is really what makes me want to continue making these. :)

9. IMPORTABLE

The Team: https://pokepast.es/52bcafea50d29e59

My Nicknames: https://pokepast.es/e894c8d67fc3bfdb

Storm Zone’s Nicknames: https://pokepast.es/0c07385ecc12ee0d

10. OTHER TEAMS

Flame Charge Blacephalon Balance - Peaked #1: POSSIBLY OUTDATED DUE TO METAGAME CHANGES

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/blacephalon’s-disco-party-peaked-1-2117-ft-flame-charge-blacephalon.3678209/

Alolan Raichu Offense - Peaked #5: POSSIBLY OUTDATED DUE TO METAGAME CHANGES

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/raichu-alola-offense-peaked-5-2092.3675251/

OR

Hail Offense- Peaked #1: POSSIBLY OUTDATED DUE TO METAGAME CHANGES

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...ft-alolan-sandslash-alolan-ninetales.3681004/

Regieleki Rain- Peaked #1: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...1-2131-ft-specs-pelipper-barraskewda.3687991/

11. OUTRO

Jeez, this took a really long time to make. I hope you all enjoy! I’ll try to get out a couple more teams before BDSP drops… I can’t wait to build in that new metagame. Until then, have a great time and as usual feel free to contact me on PS (I’m always on Pinkacross) or on Smogon if you need help building or have a creative building idea! :]

Last edited:
Literally started using this team like an hour ago and can see why it peaked where it did, Regieleki is fantastically fun and if you can remove opposing ground types it can go ham. I honestly can’t see much wrong with the team, or any advice I could give to change it other than maybe the option of Poison Jab over Triple Axel/Low Kick on Adamant Weavile, since it allows it to directly threaten would be fairy checks such as Fini, Ninetales and Clefable, ohkoing the first two after one boost (with SR chip on fini if it’s a bulkier variant) and threatening Magic Guard Clef with an ohko, whilst ohkoing with SR up (which they always have been for me.) Life orb can be run in order to ohko without rocks but it leaves Weavile in a more fragile position.
It’s probably not as good as the alternatives, since often triple axel is just better for straight up damage but it can be nice to see someone switch into a Weavile check and have it get blasted.
Maybe I just hate Clefable though idk.

anyway the team is really fun and I look forward to whatever teams next to come from you.

Literally started using this team like an hour ago and can see why it peaked where it did, Regieleki is fantastically fun and if you can remove opposing ground types it can go ham. I honestly can’t see much wrong with the team, or any advice I could give to change it other than maybe the option of Poison Jab over Triple Axel/Low Kick on Adamant Weavile, since it allows it to directly threaten would be fairy checks such as Fini, Ninetales and Clefable, ohkoing the first two after one boost (with SR chip on fini if it’s a bulkier variant) and threatening Magic Guard Clef with an ohko, whilst ohkoing with SR up (which they always have been for me.) Life orb can be run in order to ohko without rocks but it leaves Weavile in a more fragile position.
It’s probably not as good as the alternatives, since often triple axel is just better for straight up damage but it can be nice to see someone switch into a Weavile check and have it get blasted.
Maybe I just hate Clefable though idk.

anyway the team is really fun and I look forward to whatever teams next to come from you.
Adamant Nature with SD Pjab Knock Off Ice Shard is definitely a valid set. I don't believe it has as much utility overall as Low Kick or Triple Axel, but certainly worth using (especially if you hate Clefable lol). This is my favorite calc that proves to me that Pjab is viable:

+4 252+ Atk Weavile Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tapu Fini: 354-418 (102.9 - 121.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

If a Fini comes in on Weavile as you SD, you can click SD again, since Moonblast does not OHKO, and then OHKO in return. Not always the right play, as it is often optimal to just Knock Off and then SD kill later, but this is a fun calc that could theoretically lead to a full team sweep.

Love your teams man. Really struggling with using slowking though. Every team I face has rilla/bish/weavile etc and just OHKOs it instantly.

I'll re watch the replays. Maybe I'm just playing it wrong but it's been dead weight so far

Love your teams man. Really struggling with using slowking though. Every team I face has rilla/bish/weavile etc and just OHKOs it instantly.

I'll re watch the replays. Maybe I'm just playing it wrong but it's been dead weight so far
Slowking is most useful against bulky teams to set future sight, pivot, and use FS + leki/gzap to break. Against offense, Slowking is not all that helpful (unless its rain or something like that.) If Slowking is dead weight, probably you've just been facing Offenses a lot. Even against offense, however, Slowking is good for checking Lele.

Bug Buzz Volcarona 6-0?
Lando is a semi-check, EQ or Toxic depending on the situation and Eleki's Ancient Power is always a viable option to check a x4 weakness to rock, even if it requires a little chip. Definitely not fun if you can't do much, but as long as your preserve the two (in which case, eleki is always preserved until grounds are gone) you should be good long term.

How do I play against volc & zeraora with this team? I'm really struggling against Volcarona especially.
VS Volc, always keep Eleki and Lando healthy. Lando is a semi check between EQ and Toxic, and as long as it doesn't get beyond a +1 or so you should be good to emergency check it with Ancient Power.

As for Zeraora, keep Landorus healthy at all times. Don't take extra risks unless you think you can clip a necessary KO. Slowking's Future Sight is reliable chip that keeps it out as this team has no way of removing its boots in a practical non-situational scenario.

VS Volc, always keep Eleki and Lando healthy. Lando is a semi check between EQ and Toxic, and as long as it doesn't get beyond a +1 or so you should be good to emergency check it with Ancient Power.

As for Zeraora, keep Landorus healthy at all times. Don't take extra risks unless you think you can clip a necessary KO. Slowking's Future Sight is reliable chip that keeps it out as this team has no way of removing its boots in a practical non-situational scenario.
Thank you! Will remember to do this.

Lando is a semi-check, EQ or Toxic depending on the situation and Eleki's Ancient Power is always a viable option to check a x4 weakness to rock, even if it requires a little chip. Definitely not fun if you can't do much, but as long as your preserve the two (in which case, eleki is always preserved until grounds are gone) you should be good long term.
Leki is set up fodder:

252 SpA Regieleki Ancient Power vs. +1 248 HP / 0 SpD Volcarona: 140-168 (37.5 - 45%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Lando toxic is literally the only option.

Gotta say I did what I did with the last leki team and switched to naive + explosion over ancient power.

Definitely helps v special walls even tho it obviously means losing the mon. That's my usual fall back v volc

Volcarona is definitely a problem for this team, I'll update it on the threatlist when I have time. Yes, there are two methods of dealing with Volcarona:
1. Landorus Toxic. This is one of the best ways. Landorus does enough damage to beat Safeguard Volcarona, and it is not OHKOd by a +1 Fire Blast.
2. Pressure. Volcarona cannot afford being Knocked Off by Ferrothorn, switching in on Regieleki, or coming in on Weavile. Often it is possible against these offensive builds to prevent Volcarona from entering easily. Nothing on the team lets Volcarona in for free.
3. Regieleki. Regieleki does enough with Ancient Power to beat even bulky Volcarona 1v1: 252 SpA Regieleki Ancient Power vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Volcarona: 212-252 (56.8 - 67.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Ultimately the best way is to keep Landorus healthy, which is usually decently easy against the HO teams that typically have Volcarona. Thank you Smashburn for helping people while I was occupied. I hope this helps, those who have been struggling against Volcarona! :)

P.S. you can also run a more niche option like Toxic over Slack Off on Slowking if you want, it lets Slowking cripple Tapu Koko, Volcarona, Zapdos, opposing Slowtwins, Tornadus, etc.

How would you play this team versus one of those common trick room comps? If I recall correctly, people were using porygon, hattrene, marrowa, and melmetal as their core. I had a lot of trouble playing versus this.

Leki is set up fodder:

252 SpA Regieleki Ancient Power vs. +1 248 HP / 0 SpD Volcarona: 140-168 (37.5 - 45%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Lando toxic is literally the only option.
Typically yes, but remember this isn't on any basic prediction or play, this is after keeping consistent pressure as Pinkacross pointed out, something I had forgotten to mention as Volcarona cannot just be beaten in a pinch. As Pinkacross said, Volc isn't coming in for free on Eleki's Ancient Power, and Ferro / Weavile's Knock Off as it needs boots. Lando is of course the main threat, as it can cripple Volc with Toxic, and is the clearest solution.

How would you play this team versus one of those common trick room comps? If I recall correctly, people were using porygon, hattrene, marrowa, and melmetal as their core. I had a lot of trouble playing versus this.
Hatterene :Hatterene: is usually a nasty lead that can turn Toxic and rocks back on you, while setting up TR for free, making pivoting out the only real option against this lead. Typically, as Hatterene prefers Focus Sash on TR, Zapdos-G :Zapdos-Galar: is a safe lead that can U-Turn out while significantly denting Hatterene and breaking its sash for another team member which can either KO or force Hatterene out. However, you have to be fearful of an immediate TR as most TR teams will establish that your offensive threats will fold to their breakers, which otherwise cannot come in unless on a slow defensive mon such as Ferrothorn :Ferrothorn: or Slowking :Slowking:. The only real way to get past the first sequence of Trick Room is switching between Landorus :Landorus-Therian:, Ferrothorn, and Slowking, typically involving a sack of some kind depending on the threat. Hazard stack between Landorus and Ferrothorn is necessary to chip away at offensive threats, keep this in mind when switching.

For Melmetal :Melmetal:, the gameplan is to switch and chip. Keeping Landorus and Ferrothorn healthy alongside Slowking is necessary, as they provide a core that can resist and punish/scout most of its moves. However, this can become too linear and easily predicted, so play cautiously. Once Melmetal has been put into range and (if active) TR has run out, it can be KOed by Eleki :Regieleki:, Lando :Landorus-Therian:, Weavile :Weavile:, and/or Zapdos-G :Zapdos-Galar:. The plan isn't as simple as it sounds, though, as your defensive core shares checks between Crawdaunt :Crawdaunt: (which is a common partner for TR teams) and Marowak-A :Marowak-Alola: (or various other TR abusers) and can be quickly overwhelmed when TR is active. Porygon2 :Porygon2: and Marowak don't enjoy pressure from Ferrothorn and Weavile to switch, however. Weavile and Ferrothorn can both remove Eviolite and KO Porygon2, while heavily denting/killing Marowak.

This is only covering the few TR team members you mentioned, but I hope it helps with the matchup! :)

:ss/Cresselia: :ss/Marowak-Alola: :ss/Melmetal: :ss/Crawdaunt: :ss/porygon2: :ss/Hatterene:

:ss/Zapdos-Galar: :ss/Slowking: :ss/Ferrothorn: :ss/Weavile: :ss/Landorus-Therian: :ss/Regieleki:

Here are some calcs I found important:
(Let me know if you're curious about any others)

252+ Atk Life Orb Iron Fist Melmetal Thunder Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Zapdos-Galar: 330-390 (102.8 - 121.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Iron Fist Melmetal Double Iron Bash (2 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Zapdos-Galar: 398-468 (123.9 - 145.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

-1 252+ Atk Life Orb Iron Fist Melmetal Double Iron Bash (2 hits) vs. 248 HP / 104 Def Landorus-Therian: 236-280 (61.9 - 73.4%) -- approx. 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Life Orb Iron Fist Melmetal Thunder Punch vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Slowking: 359-424 (91.3 - 107.8%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Iron Fist Melmetal Double Iron Bash (2 hits) vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Slowking: 216-254 (54.9 - 64.6%) -- approx. 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Melmetal Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Slowking: 199-235 (50.6 - 59.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Transistor Regieleki Electro Ball (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Melmetal: 435-513 (105.8 - 124.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(This isn't really a full calc. I don't have my hands on the full Melmetal set for the typical Trick Room team. Real calculations are estimated at approximately 2HKO).

252 Atk Choice Band Zapdos-Galar Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Melmetal: 420-494 (102.1 - 120.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(This, again, isn't a full calc as I don't have the actual set on hand. Real calculations are estimated approximately 2HKO, though requiring little chip from rocks and LO to OHKO).

252 Atk Weavile Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Melmetal: 182-216 (44.2 - 52.5%) -- 18.4% chance to 2HKO
(I don't think I have to say it lol. Real calculations are approximately 2HKO, again requiring significant chipping of Melmetal to kill with Low Kick at neutral, and still decent amounts of chip to kill at +2).

Hey, is there anyway I can include a heal supporter on the team? Been having trouble against status spam hex pult or just twave mons. Clef (support/cm) is also an issue, how do i play around it?
Unfortunately the team doesn't appreciate heal supporters very well. Between frail fast threats and an offensive tempo, I personally don't think it is possible to mess with the team consistency and make this possible.

Hex spam Dragapult is an interesting one. Most of the team can deal with it, with Eleki as your best pivot. You can pressure it out using your resists such as Landorus and Slowking, chipping it down or setting up Future Sight and then safely bringing in Weavile, which can also threaten switches like Toxapex and Tapu Fini. Twave mons as a whole can be safely pivoted around using Eleki and Landorus, but long-term wearing down your checks becomes an issue, it just has to be played around with a lot of consistent pressure.

Clefable in its Support and Calm Mind variants require a lot of chip and setup, getting up rocks and spikes on variants without flamethrower is especially useful as it forces them to get PP stalled out or switch into their defogger, which can be taken advantage of by the likes of Eleki and Weavile. In addition to this, against CM variants, chipping Clefable into range using Landorus' EQ (and against unaware variants, Toxic) is the best strategy before entering the likes of Zapdos-G or Weavile to hit it with Brave Bird or Triple Axel (if used over Pjab or Low Kick). Variants of playing around this mon at times include Ferrothorn if it is lacking Flamethrower (CM, Soft Boild, Moonblast, Aromatherapy).

If you need me to expand on any of this if it isn't clear enough, don't be afraid to ask :)

Also, is Chople a viable option with some SpD? It lets Ferrothorn better check Magnezone in the Body Press war and some SpD can be ran to tank hits from the likes of lele and various other resistances better.

Also, is Chople a viable option with some SpD? It lets Ferrothorn better check Magnezone in the Body Press war and some SpD can be ran to tank hits from the likes of lele and various other resistances better.
You could run Chopple but generally Leftovers is preferrable, especially on non-Leech Seed variants. Also, thanks so much for answering the questions people have been leaving, I agree with everything you said (though I have a little bit to add).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)