floon~ jumpluff's art thread

(Title is misleading, none of the Drifloon pictures I draw should ever see daylight.)

I feel a bit silly posting an art thread; there are many talented artists here and I'm not one of them. But I have always liked drawing and recently I have started drawing Pokémon way more (usually I just draw pretty girls; I can't think of how many trees have given their life to sketchbooks full of nothing but girls...) ^_^

I usually draw in Photoshop CS2, but I'm teaching myself very slowly to paint in Paint Tool SAI. Maybe someday I'll post something I painted in SAI~ Here!:

Inspired by a frustrating but intense game of the Pokémon TCG I played with Mekkah. Oddish should really be chilling on the bench though. I really like Grass-types! I don't like Sunkern as much after drawing this somehow... v_v Something about its simple design just eludes me... Maybe it's those giant sparkly eyes. I think I did them too big but it would look giant regardless compared to Petilil and Oddish's. I did all the painting and drawing of this in SAI and some texture work afterwards in PS.

First piece like this that I've finished, so I feel accomplished... still bad with light sources though, probably shouldn't've picked Pokémon like these, but it was a challenge.

I play with watercolour brushes too much; it's my repressed desire to paint watercolours irl (I don't because the walls tend to become watercolour-stained too). You wouldn't know from looking at it how many times I had to redraw this -___- I liked my sketch lines better than the clean lines. (PS)

Shiny Mareep makes me hungry; I really love cotton candy *_* (PS)

I was trying painting with this but SAI is being quirky with my tablet atm so it's not painted. I think I'll paint a mommy Lanturn though~ One foot is smaller than the other because it's supposed to be swimming through the water but that's not so obvious from looking at it. (PS)

---

Nothing new here, I'm just going to archive each piece I do and put the newest ones in img tags above:

27/01/2013
Skiploom (SAI)

07/01/2012
Petilil, Oddish, and Sunkern (SAI/PS)

26/12/2011
Lanturn and Chinchou (SAI)

24/12/2011
Chinchou (PS)
Shiny Mareep (PS)
Sleepy Charmander (PS)
Raichu in a scarf (Secret Santa for paintseagull) (SAI)

Hopefully I'll be able to see more improvement in the future ~

Reactions: ium

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
pluff they are adorable ^.^

charmander has an almost oriental style, and chinchou/mareep are just cute. you have very smooth lines & they don't bunch weird when you end them unlike my pissy tablet. presh mons.

jumpluff, these are amazing! sounds kinda silly to say it, but although I've always seen you give great feedback on the art threads around Smeargle's, it wasn't till the Secret Santa not a stalker that I realised you drew too.

Mareep is pretty much perfect, from the colors to the lines to the shading. are those really its shiny colors? O: the papery texture on Charmander goes really well with its flame, and Chinchou is adorable - you have a real eye for color. tldr: please do more ^_^

also, I'm probably much newer to this than you are haha so sorry for sounding presumptuous, but I totally hear you on the 'my sketches look way better than my clean lines' thing - I thought that was just me, lol!

Jirpluff you make me want to eat that Mareep so bad. I never thought of Shiny Mareep as cotton candy and now I always will!

pluff, everything within this thread is so cute that it is more cute than everything out of this thread combined. Are you going to be taking requests? If so, a cute Purugly would make my day (or more likely my week)

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I usually draw in Photoshop CS2
CS2 users unite, hah.

I like the texture made by the watercoloring, makes it very warm to look at, and you did a good job with the gradient behind it. However, seeing as it's sleeping . . . . . wouldn't it make more sense if its chin was resting on his arms? His belly shouldn't be visible from this angle.

Pluff, I absolutely love all of these! The Charmander is particularly darling, though!!! I love how you used the watercolors-- the style is very sweet, and like someone else above me commented, you really do have an eye for color :) And I love the Raichu in the scarf!!!!!! I really hope you continue with this, because you really have a knack for it! :toast:

PS. I hope you end up painting that Lanturn, because that would really make my day! :heart:

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
dawwww theyre all adroableee, your art is like mine but better in every way haha. mareep is especially cute. nice job on these alice, i really like em!

this will instantly be the most popular thread on smogon i bet
lol

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Love your art! The colors are beautiful and you did a great job shading the pokes, Chinchou is my favorite.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
OMG

Definitely expecting great drawings from this thread, you're pretty talented jumpluff!

This is fucking beautiful ;-;

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
yea, I'm also a fan of that scarved Raichu - so in tune with the season's spirit!

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
omg I did not realize you did not have an art thread yettt
I love how you use the color of the fill to outline the image

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)