Tournament [Draft CA] Smogon x NPA Signups!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name Jose

Time Zone GMT-07:00

Relevant Social Media YoungsterJose on Twitter

Accomplishments Top 8 Portland 2024
Top 32 Sacramento 2024
Top 32 Fresno 2023
Top 16 Portland 2023

Bio I started attending VGC events at the beginning of Scarlet/Violet and in my first year of playing I've earned multiple Day 2s alongside a regional Top Cut. I am quick learner and looking for a chance to get to know other players in the competitive scene and grow as a player.

Name CertainLight

Time Zone GMT+00:00

Relevant Social Media @CertainLightVGC

Accomplishments 2xRegional T8, 2x Regional T16

Bio I'm an old man at this point - been around an extremely long time - but the fire burns brighter than ever. I have big goals for 2024 and beyond and more than anything else think NPA is a good way to push your boundaries, get high quality practise, and enhance understanding of the game, so I'd like to be part of it again and be active interacting with a team in depth!

Name David Mancuso

Time Zone GMT-5

Relevant Social Media https://twitter.com/yoMancuso

Accomplishments Regional Champion, Finalist, Semi-finalist, and a few top 8's at live events. Most recently made Day 2 at NAIC and have had many Top 16s at Regionals in my thirteen year tenure as a player.

Bio I've been involved with NPA in the past, ended up helping the Rollouts win one in my first season as a player. Ever since then, I've used my experience to help improve the team atmosphere, prep, and teambulding mindset (not only in NPA but in multiple online team tournaments including USPA which I am currently part of for Team Ohio). Looking forward to help use my skills I learned as a player, and a former manager of online teams, to create success!

Name flutterfan

Time Zone GMT-08:00

Relevant Social Media flutterfan on Showdown.

Accomplishments Won a couple room tours
Participated in the Swiss Tour, went 2/3
Went 3/4 in Tommy Tuesdays Spooky Tour, beat JoeUX9

Bio Im not good most of the time, but when I’m motivated, I can sweep player after player tbh
I’m a great teambuilder, have made many cool strategies work.
I’ve faced some top players and beaten some of them, such as JoeUX9.
I just try to motivate myself to play every day or so.

Name nerd of now

Time Zone GMT-05:00

Relevant Social Media nerd_of_now on twitter and discord

Accomplishments 2018 Worlds Qualifier, Top 8 Toronto Regionals 2018, VGC Damage Calc dev

Bio Looking to get involved again. I did ask about contributing to a team instead of playing so I'll delete this if they accept

Name Joshua Denk

Time Zone GMT-08:00

Relevant Social Media https://twitter.com/JoshuaDenk

Accomplishments Started playing at start of gen 9. At recent regionals I finished 46th for Portland, 41st for San Antonio, and 75th at Toronto. Those finishes plus top cuts at Pico Rivera locals has left me with 294/500 champion points this season so far. I also contributed to 1st place CVL Season 2 on team West Sea, 2nd place CVL Season 3 on Team West Sea, and T8 in USPA Season 2 on Team SoCal.

Bio I aim to surpass my current abilities and bring my prep+play to new heights. Between my consistent play and my comfort with a variety of team styles, I work well in the context of a team. My goal is to learn and practice through competition as much as possible, and NPA is a place I can do just that.

Name Carmine Ragone (ragonc)

Time Zone GMT+1

Relevant Social Media Discord: carminerag1
X: c_ragone

Accomplishments VCL 1st Division Runner-up
VCL 2nd Division Champion (10-2)
Top 64 Turin Special
Players Cup III Top 64
PGL 2 Champion

3xMSS Champion
2xPC Champion

Bio I am super updated on the meta: if you have seen a team that you like on the ladder most likely I already have the paste in my builder, or at least a very close idea. Funny to hang out with and a very positive overall person, I easily fit into teams. If you attended a major in Europe, most likely we exchanged a few words. As a player, I would rate myself quite solid, I got CP at all events I attended since Utrecht last year. If you are looking for some of my online accomplishments probably you saw me cutting some small tours under the name of "ragonc".

Name Tiddvicious

Time Zone GMT-5

Relevant Social Media Tiddvicious

Accomplishments -NPA 9 Champion w/ Blizzards
-Smogon DCL 1 Champion w/ Land Before Timer
-PGL 2 Champion w/ Hydreigons
-Runner-Up VR WCOP 2022 w/ Team Canada
-Top 16 Milwaukee Regionals 2022
-Top 32 Vancouver Regionals 2023

Bio I'm a calm and reasonable person

Name Esteban Molina Avila

Time Zone GMT-06:00

Relevant Social Media MolinaVGC on Twitter
Esteban Molina on FB

Accomplishments Top 8 LAIC 2023
Costa Rica Regional Champion 2016
First Place 2 MSS 2023
First Place 3 PC 2023
World Championship Competitor 2016 and 2018
Qualified for Worlds 2024

Bio One of the best players of Latin America
Current best player of Costa Rica

Name Andrew Nowak

Time Zone GMT-6

Relevant Social Media Twitter- Andrew_Nowak1

Accomplishments 3x Regional champion (1 in 2016, 2 in 2017)
Worlds Top Cut 2016 and Day 2 worlds in 17 & 18
Day 2 San Antonio regional 2024

Bio Because every team needs a tall person.

Name Simon Van der Borght

Time Zone GMT+1

Relevant Social Media @shmonstah on twitter
Shmon on discord
Shmon on youtube
Shmon_ on twitch
Digitbite on deviantart (lol)

Accomplishments Top 16 barcelona 2023
Got my 2024 invite
My mom thinks im pretty cool

Bio This would be my first time joining a team like this. I'm willing to put in as much effort as I can fir the team. I just want to be able to remain consistent and have enough practice with vgc and i feel this is a good way to do it.
I can also make memes.

Name Jayson Gardner

Relevant Social Media Twitter: @nerdsiayer_

Accomplishments Second seed in swiss of the Toronto regionals into a top 8 finish
Top cuts at a variety of online tours

Bio I am fairly free and unbusy, which means that I can help my teammates prep and run sets before their match if they need help in any way, shape, or form. I'm a younger upcoming player, so I would love to learn and help the better players on my team, and learn from my matches. My strengths are in my play and analyzing replays, but I can also accurately identify weaknesses in opponent's teams.

Name ModernGamer (Joseph Selmer)

Time Zone GMT-07:00

Relevant Social Media @ModernGamer_MG Twitter/Twitch

Accomplishments Top 128 US National 2015
Top 8 Utah 2016
Top 64 US National 2016
Top 32 US Internats 2017
2x Top 4 Regionals 2018
Top 64 US Internats 2019
Top 16 Fresno 2023
33rd US Internats 2023

Omitted old t16/32 regionals

Bio Every team needs at least one Dondozo guy :)

I ran 9 games to timer between Fresno and Nats 2023, sue me.

David Mancuso is guaranteed to get unlucky against me

Master of calcs and long-term game planning

Name LPFan

Time Zone GMT-06:00

Relevant Social Media Twitter: @LPFanVGC

Accomplishments - 2x NPA playoff appearances. one with Celestic stars and champion title with Rollouts in NPA 3
- 3x worlds competitor coming back after a hiatus that is halfway to an invite
- Many NB live tour wins back in the day
- Cut regionals 2x including many top 16s, top 32s, and top 64s

Bio I am a VGC old head making a comeback after a long break. You should draft me because I can quickly grasp the meta and prefer to build teams using the best mons in the best ways.

Name Marcos Perez

Time Zone GMT-6:00

Relevant Social Media Youtube.com/moxieboosted
Twitter.com/moxieboosted
Twitch.tv/moxieboosted

Accomplishments I 6-3 everything except Portland this year where I 6-3d even harder to get top 64.

Bio The youtube dude

Name JHufself

Time Zone GMT+9

Relevant Social Media Twitter: JHufself
Discord: JHufself

Accomplishments Earliest: US Nats 2014 Top 4
Most Notable: 2023 Knoxville Regs Day 1 9-0 w/ Fissure Torkoal Quick Claw
Most Recent: 10th on Ranked Doubles Season 13

Bio I now live in Japan and I have a lot of free time outside of my job, ergo I'm signing up. If you have some spare funds I'm a pretty chill cheap tier 2 or 3 player who's pretty active. Also I know Japanese and Chinese, maybe that's something you want for scouting purposes idk

Name 4Kuser

Time Zone GMT+3:00

Relevant Social Media Discord: 4kuser, Showdown: 4KuserVGC

Accomplishments I don't have any accomplishments.

Bio I'm a fairly decent VGC player who likes teambuilding and playing balance teams. I want to join the NPA to improve as a VGC player and meet and battle other strong players

Name frog!

Time Zone GMT+11

Relevant Social Media @frogtypebeat_

Accomplishments 1st in OCE players cup 4
undefeated in APAC league twice (~asia equivalent of SPL)
high ladder placements

Bio - pretty obsessive (in a productive way)
- lots of team tour experience + strong records in them
- generally pretty versatile & hard to prep for

Name Kistarl

Time Zone GMT-10

Relevant Social Media n/a

Accomplishments Undefeated in USPA 1, top 32 at victory road wc open

Bio I've been on a bit of a break from vgc since the end of sword shield but I have more time now so looking to get back into it. I think I'm a decent player and definitely play best when I have something to play for (like a team). I did well in USPA a while back but so far that's my only draft league experience, hoping for a similar outcome this time around.

Name Aaron (Frog)

Time Zone GMT-8

Relevant Social Media Twitter: FrogVGC
Discord: FrogVGC

Accomplishments - Top 16 Portland 2020 with Rimbombee and Mega-Lucario
- 6-3 Portland 2023 with triple choice team
- Multiple Top Cut Premier Challenges (NorCal & SoCal)
- Won a Premier Challenge (variant of vovomax's regieleki team)

Bio I think I am a decent player that lacks consistency. I'm very social and active in conversation and willing to improve myself and help teammates as needed. I've been through a few draft leagues as either a helper or a player. I have had an active part in building and expanding both the NorCal and SoCal scene as a Play Pokemon Professor, however, looking to settle back into my competitive roots in preparation to a full time return for the 2025 season.

I fixate towards hyper offensive teams, however, had successful roots in Trick Room. I have experience in playing balance teams, but feel incredibly uncomfortable in them, but still willing to learn. Thank you for reading!

Name JumpluffTCG

Relevant Social Media @KazukiKanehira on Twitter

Accomplishments I knocked out Wolfe at NAIC 2017

Bio When I lose, I tend to lose in an entertaining fashion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)