CAP 34 - Part 1 - TL and TLT Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
This is the thread for people to announce their desire to become either the Topic Leader (TL) or a member of the Topic Leadership Team (TLT) for this creation project. Do not suggest other users. If someone wants to become the TL or a TLT member, they will post on their own, and if they don't have a strong urge to be it then they shouldn't be signing up anyway. The CAP project requires the utmost dedication and a substantial amount of free time, especially to lead, meaning that only those who have carefully considered the magnitude of their application will apply at all. If you are not prepared to fulfill all of the responsibilities to the very end, then do not throw your hat into the ring.

Before applying it is important to read and understand the following posts
Topic Leadership
CAP 5 - Policy Review Summary

We are looking to fill the following five positions to help us lead the creation of this new Pokemon:
  • Topic Leader: In the public's eyes, this is the leader of the project. Unlike past Topic Leaders, they now only make the slate for Concept Submissions. Overall, the goal of the TL is "quality control", not "project control". The responsibilities of the TL include running Concept Assessment, Threats Discussion, Post Play Lookback, and finalizing the slates of TLT members.
  • Topic Leadership Team: The TLT will be leading the four major competitive aspects of creating a Pokemon. They will make slates for their respective threads and provide meaningful discussion points to their specific area. Note that TLT members are allowed to make submissions during stages of the CAP process that they are not actively leading. We are looking to fill the following four positions:
    • Typing Leader
    • Ability Leader
    • Stats Leader
    • Movepool Leader
When making your application, please indicate which position(s) you are applying for. You must identify whether you're applying for TL or TLT (you are allowed to apply for both). You are allowed to specific which position you'd like to fill on the TLT, but it is not required. Topic leaders and TLT members should have the following qualifications:
  • Deep knowledge of the game of Pokemon
  • Familiarity with competitive Pokemon concepts, strategy, and philosophy, as practiced within Smogon
  • Willing to voice opinions and lead others
  • Open-minded to new ideas
  • Creative, "outside-of-the-box" thinker
  • Good writing skills
  • Level-headed when resolving disputes
Once this CAP starts, the Topic Leader and the Topic Leadership Team will be the most important, most visible members of the CAP community, and they are expected to be a strong guiding force throughout the creation process. If you are selected for any of these positions, you will have a great deal of power to influence the project. But you also have a responsibility to stay on top of things. You will have forum moderators to help you, but you need to be regularly active on the project until it is complete. All potential candidates should look through both the Topic Leadership Guide and the CAP Process Archive, to get an idea of what will be expected of you, if you are selected to be the Topic Leader or TLT member.

This thread is strictly for candidacy posts and posts supporting those candidates. Please stay on topic. Below are the guidelines for posting in this thread:
  • Candidates will benefit from highlighting their active involvement throughout the duration of a recent CAP project. Involvement in multiple CAP projects is strongly preferred.
  • Do not suggest other people. If you want you encourage someone else to run, then send them a PM or talk to them on the PS! CAP chatroom or the CAP Discord channel.
  • If you are new to the CAP project, do not sign up in this thread. Instead, spend a project or two lurking, learning, and participating first.
  • Include a summary of your involvement in the CAP project.
  • Make a pitch for why you should be selected. If you can't present and defend yourself, then you can't expect to lead a project whose primary function is discussion and debate. Convince us that you are a good choice.
  • Even if you don't think you are better qualified than certain other candidates, you still should consider posting your application. Candidates not selected as TL or TLT for this project will be on the watch list for next time around. Don't post your name if you don't intend to be active in the project, even if you are not selected, since people will be scrutinizing your involvement more closely.
  • Feel free to post support for any candidates already named.
  • Do not post disparaging remarks about any candidates.
If these rules are not followed, the offending user will be subject to moderation.

Applications will close on Friday, February 9th at 11:59PM GMT-5, which is approximately 96 hours from now.

Samirsin

✧Rey de los Snom✧
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
What does every CAP process need?
A CAPtain!

Hello everyone! I am Samirsin and I am running for TLT with a preference for Ability or Typing in that order. :)

About me:
I met CAP a few years ago when a Necturna appeared in a Metronome Battle against me and I was so intrigued by it. After that I started translating some CAP Spotlights and Articles into Spanish for the Translation Team, making me more curious. I lurked since Saharaja and started participating with Hemogoblin, Ababo and Scattervein, although mainly in flavor steps. After that, for Cresceidon I tried to be involved in every step. I also know a lot about the flavor aspect of almost all CAPs, even doing some personal projects such as translating the CAP Pokédex entries into Spanish in order to make the project available to non-English speakers. If you ask anyone in the Spanish chat in PS! they will tell you that I always talk about CAP and try to lure them into playing hehe.

I am an active user on the Forums and a Room Driver in the CAP chat, I like spending time with users that just met CAP and introducing them to the project, showing them the CAPmons, how the project works and sharing trivia about it. However, I think that I am now able to talk from a competitive point of view after participating in a few tournaments, hosting Tour Nights and constantly playing in ladder (CAP's Showdown ladder also deserves love!).

Why me?
I consider myself a person that sees things from other perspectives, creates unexpected but intelligent ideas, and most importantly, listens to what others have to say. I have a good amount of knowledge about battle mechanics and interactions that can come in handy for a position like this. I am good at leading a discussion, making everyone feel included and organizing ideas.

I am ready to lead this position with seriousness, responsibility and with a good heart, as I respect and adore CAP, and I would like to offer all the things I can give.

Hello fellow Cappers!
I’m Amamama and I’m applying for a TLT position, preferably for any stage, that isn’t moves.

My interest in CAP first sparked through the art competition for Pajantom, where I worked on a design, which I never ended up posting because I was in awe with all the talent demonstrated during the stage.
My first actual contribution must have been art for Equilibra.
After that I was hooked.

While I entered mostly for art for Astrolotl, I also started participating in the competitive discussion and got more interested in actually playing CAP.
Since Astro I contributed in almost all stages of all following CAPs, with numerous posts on the forum and discussions on the discord.
My most lasting submissions are the winning STAT spread for Miasmaw (RIP and damn you Crown Tundra) and the first nerf for Ebook.
I play a lot of ladder and Roomtours and have played and build in various Team and Solo tours in the last Couple of years. Even though my success is mostly limited to ladder, I believe that my understanding of the CAP metagame is developed well enough to lead a CAP to a successful competitive product.
Even if I first came for the art, I enjoy all aspects of CAP now. (except for movepools, I do not understand how they work).

Aside from the art contest, I definitely like the competitive discussions most though.
Any new Concept holds so much possibilities and I really enjoy deliberating which way to go.
Exploring ideas, defending, expanding, refuting and sometimes abandoning them is, what makes this process so fun.
I like to challenge ideas, finding holes in arguments - mine or those of others - and to really examine the whats, hows and whys from all angles, to come to a conclusion that is sound and includes the bigger picture.

I’m not here to make the perfect Pokémon.
I’m here to explore ideas, to discuss and to slowly but steadily chip away at the concept until we can shape something, that both helps us understand competitive Pokémon better through its process of creation, as well as being fun to build and play with.

Through all my experience with CAP I feel prepared to take that - you can call it obsession - further and lead the Community in these discussions, this search for understanding, this exploration.

kenn

Prince of the Halidom
is a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Gm CAP friends! It is I, kenn, and I would like to throw my hat in the ring again. I had an absolute blast working with my fellow TL ausma and TLT consisting of Da Pizza Man, Zetalz, and Scizivire (they're all goats) last process and would love to do it all again. With that, I am gonna apply for TLT with a preference of Ability = Typing > Movepools > Stats.

As for a little history, I have been involved with CAP since Hemogoblin's typing stage, where I posted my first ever suggestion and made it to the slate! From then on, I was hooked, racking up plenty of metagame knowledge through my stint in CAPPL, being a part of the winning Vengeful Venomicons, running my project Fill In The Blank as well as process knowledge from doing both FlashCAPs of this generation and from my time on TLT for Cresceidon, where I was the Ability Leader.

Further accolades include running Tour Nights in the CAP room which gives plenty of opportunities for everyone, new and old, to come and showcase their skills for the newest Gen of CAP all the way back to Gen 5. Tour Nights also highlights the OMs that CAP has such as CAP Monotype, ND CAP, and more. I also not only was Ability Leader for Cresceidon, but I submitted a concept that made the slate during that process as well as a stat spread submission that got 2nd place.

For non-CAP contributions, I am running Fill in the Blank for OMs, where I also got the Community Contributor badge for said contributions, as well as recently been getting into and enjoying 1v1, where I just recently got room voice, as well as still going strong as a global @.

So with that, I really hope you consider me for CAP 34's TLT, and if not, I am super psyched to contribute to another process as I am ready to explore plenty of ideas whether I have a had in them or not. <3

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
You thought you could get rid of me?

Hello! For those of you who don't know, my name is ausma, and I would like to apply for TLT this time around; I would personally favor Type > Ability >= Movepool > Stats. I'll keep things brief this time:

I'm an OU council member who recently has been really sinking myself into the CAP process, and have been having a great time being apart of this community more acutely over the past few CAPs. I joined proper during Saharaja's process, and since then I've been contributing a good deal to Hemogoblin, and outright peaking in activity as Cresceidon's TL. As such, I have built a good deal of experience in not only leading aspects of CAP processes, but building my own experience as an analyst and community member.

My contributions to Saharaja:
Movesets
Typing 1
Typing 2
Concept Assessment
Stat Submission
Primary Ability

My contributions to Hemogoblin:
Concept Assessment 1
Concept Assessment 2
Typing Discussion 1
Typing Discussion 2
Primary Ability 1
Stat Submission
Defining Moves

Additionally, I assisted in Chromera's buff process, being one of the main advocates for a Dark/Normal retyping (1, 2) as well as making my own buff package. I have also accrued upwards of 12,000 messages in the CAP Discord.

I believe most of my positive leadership qualities have truly manifested with Cresceidon's process, however. Many have called Cresceidon's process the smoothest in a while, and while I believe a massive amount of that can be attributed to the collective visage of the community, I take great pride in the cohesiveness and focus demonstrated in the final product, even with both of the SCVI DLCs in the equation that should have put a massive strain on the process. I have demonstrated many of my leadership qualities in great detail through CAP 33, and believe that the success of the process is far and away my magnum opus in terms of my CAP contributions.

Because of how much fun I had leading the process, I want to give leadership another go-around, but this time something more low-key due to my insane semester. I really have enjoyed my time in the CAP community thus far and I would love to keep contributing and growing as a creative analyst. I hope you consider me!

dex

Give my perception as a handle of weapon
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
1707245132000.gif

Guess who's back.

I'm running for TL. Strange, I know, but now is the time. I have been away, training in the mountains, honing my skills and expertise, preparing and plotting.

For those unaware, I started my journey through CAP in generation 8 with Miasmaw. Since Miasmaw, I have been quite an incessant participant in CAPs 29 through 32, and I was on TLT for 31 and 32, doing typing for both. I am known for my brashly stated opinions, metagame know-how, and interesting bird facts. However, as a TLT, I made sure that my own opinion did not surface during my stages. I didn't like the typings we ended up with initially for 31 and 32 at the time they were voted; however, they turned out great! I have had issues accepting when I am wrong, issues I have been working on recently. I would like the chance to demonstrate what I have learned while bringing a unique perspective to the CAP table.

I am an accomplished battler outside of CAP. I understand that the SV generation may seem like a weakness for me; for that, I point to my participation in the World Cup of Pokemon and the UU World Cup, both in the SV metagame. I understand what goes into success in Pokemon and the work involved.

Outside of CAP, I will direct you all to take note of my moderatorship in SS. I have learned much about looking over a large group of individuals who all have drastically different metagame takes from my experience so far as an SS moderator. I have come to respect the difference of opinion in a community setting at a higher level now since taking this position.

I'd like to make a CAP with y'all. Let's getter done.

SHSP

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributor
Howdy folks, I'm back to throw my hat in the ring for TLT this time around, preferably non-stats.

I'm a two-time former TL (Equilibra, Saharaja) and two-time former TLT (Jumbao Typing, Chromera Moves), and have contributed to most CAP processes in some form or another since Kerfluffle's process. I've got leadership experience between those past experiences and ongoing activity as a CAP mod, as well as through other arenas like managing teams in tournaments and what not.

Admittedly, I haven't had quite as much SV success as I have in past gens, but my knowledge of the metagame is strong and I serve on the SV Metagame council and Viability Rankings team, as well as several similar positions in past gens like SM and ORAS. My experience in the metagame is best shown by my results in our team tournaments, with several wins across my time here in CAP.

If elected to a TLT position, I hope to replicate the successes I've had in past projects and help create something interesting and deep in a metagame that I feel is ripe for exploration. Thanks for hearing me out!

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
Sorry to have kept everyone waiting. I'm signing up for TL and any TLT position otherwise.

I started posting in CAP around Miasmaw but became a mainstay user in the subforum once Venomicon's process rolled around. Since then I've cemented myself as one of the most prominent CAP posters on the site, having earned Pre-Contributor for my posts during CAP 30 and 31. Not slowing down, I served as the Move TLT for Gen 9's first CAP, Hemogoblin, then took a "break" for Cresceidon's process, which is to say that I still contributed frequently with lengthy posts that did a lot to help drive discussion forward or bookend it. Outside of the forums you've almost certainly encountered me on the CAP Discord; it's a community I am extremely familiar with, while I imagine many of its regulars are quite familiar with me as well for any amount of reasons, given the quality of my lines is directly correlated to the seriousness of the discussion at hand, if I'm wearing gloves or not, and the current phase of the moon.

Beyond the process itself, I've been a constant react farmer in the Metagame side, either through archival projects for forums tournaments, playing in various official/room tournaments (often memeing but I was on the winning team last CAPPL and had a non-zero amount of games played!), and the occasional post with actual thought and purpose put behind it. Most notably I am co-hosting CAPCL III right now, having helped with organizing the policy end of things, with intentions to host many more CAP team-tours in the future once I've finalized gaining experience. And if you happened to come across the recent Cresceidon Spotlight, that was written by me as well.

My schedule is infamously unhinged but that has not stopped me before and I do not intend for it to stop me now. I feel fully capable of leading CAP 34 given my history as a member of the CAP community, along with the genuine passion I have towards competitive Pokemon and the silly creative undertakings we occupy ourselves with here. If you want a TL that will push for quality discussion and have way too much fun doing so, look no further!

Yo, I want to go for the hat trick, so I'm signing up for TLT again. I'd be fine taking up any stage except stats really.

In terms of project experience, I've been on the TLT for the two previous processes, functioning as the Ability Leader for CAP32 Hemogoblin and the Moves Leader for CAP33 Cresceidon. I have learned a lot from these two opportunities, and I feel like my stages were generally well-received within the community, so I'd like to bring that experience into play for this process as well. Outside of my TLT positions, I've been actively contributing to most if not all processes since Jumbao, both in terms of competitive stages and flavor stages.

As for my metagame knowledge and battle experience, I've been doing quite well lately, making Circuit Champs for last year's CAP Circuit and going undefeated so far in the currently ongoing CAPCL team tour. I know my way around a variety of team styles, and I'd like to say I bring creativity in the builder, which could also apply to CAP processes.

There's a bunch of strong contenders for the TLT already, so regardless of who gets picked I know we can make a solid end product, but I hope you'd still consider me again this time around! Peace!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)