Done Bug Report - Information (Typings, Power Points) for Moves in Past Generations/OMs Displays Wrong

sealoo

PaulGod
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
What type of bug are you reporting? Unsure

What is the bug?
In Gen 8 National Dex, where Roost/Recover etc... are 16 PP still, they are incorrectly being displayed as 8 PP visually. However, they can still use the given move 16 times, so it appears to be exclusively visual

replay

Are you able to replicate it? If so, how?
Gen8 NatDex game (unsure if this is natdex exclusive or affects SS formats entirely) -> hover over pokemon with X recovery move after theyve used it

e: seems to affect SS UU and SM Mono so i assume it may be happening in all gens but cant verify

Last edited:
What type of bug are you reporting? Mechanics

What is the bug?
Softboiled in gen 1 displays as only having 8 pp when in gen 1 it has 16. if the opponent used 9 pp of softboiled it went to -1 pp.

didnt attempt but im willing to bet its global for gen 1

What type of bug are you reporting? Client

What is the bug?
Battle tooltips are showing information incorrect for past gens:

PP amounts are being taken from presumably gen 9, as well as the ability list.

This is affecting all battles on PS.

What type of bug are you reporting? Random Battles

What is the bug?
In generation 4 random battles there appears to be a visual bug where moves base power and some typings are reported as their gen 9 versions. For example, when hovering over mawile in the team it says the type is "steel-fairy" when fairy type does not exist in gen 4. Also, fire blast is base power 110 when it should be 120 and sucker punch says 70 when it should be 80. These bugs appear to be only visual

Yes, every time I get a move that has been updated or typing after gen 4.

Dorron

BLU LOBSTAH
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Champion
  • Love
Reactions: db
Just want to note two things as i have also encountered this bug, abilities changes between games are also affected as shown in the replay below where it happens twice, once for chandalure with infiltrator over shadow tag and once with Empoleon with competitive over defiant
[Gen 5] OU: TRNR.Comet vs. Toxin Boost - Replays - Pokémon Showdown! (pokemonshowdown.com)

also interestingly enough moves that had 61 pp in rby still show correctly i tested with growl and defense curl and it showed the correct pp in both rby and sv though i cannot find the replays sorry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)