SM UU Ashy Boi Is Here! (First RMT)

Most of you may know that I'm in love, I'm in love with a pokemon, and that pokemon is the most ashiest boy I know, Toxicroak!!! Why do I love Toxicroak you ask? Why wouldn't I! This pokemon has a great typing, with great coverage. It also pairs perfectly with so many common pokemon in UU. Honestly it should just rise by now. At this time of building the team I was also liking 2 different other mons, Slowbro and Mega Steelix, and guess what, they so happen to have synergy with the mon we all love, Toxicroak. Toxicroak soaks in the water moves that fears away Steelix, Mega Lix is an electric immune for the electric moves Slowbro fears. Toxicroak + Slowbro helps get rid of Gligar as well, a mon that Mega Lix can't take on itself. This pokemon is hella good. Let's take a further look into the team.

Teambuilding Process

First off, we got Toxicroak, this is the mon I initially built around. Whenever you want to build with Toxicroak, you want to pair it with pokemon that work well with it. Just like every other pokemon you build around. Usually it's a water and steel. People were telling me to put Ice Punch instead of Sucker Punch on my Toxicroak this time, because it sucks getting walled by bulky grounds things like Hippowdon and Gligar, so ice punch helps that. It was hard for me to let go of Sucker Punch, but i had to. I also added Life Orb, just to pack a punch to its attack.

Now, we got Hydreigon, Hydreigon is our speed control here. This used to be our z user, with Dragonium Z and Defog. Then I decided that the team was pretty slow, so I made this Choice Scarf just to add more speed. Choice scarf Hydreigon is very well at revenging. Whenever the opposing team doesn't have a fairy. Feel free to drop a draco to do massive destruction. When they do have a fairy, that's where Toxicroak comes in. Toxicroak helps Hydra because it helps clear fairies for it so Hydra can do damage. That's what I meant about Toxicroak being a great teammate

So when I got rid of Z Move on Hydreigon I decided to add Rotom-H. Rotom-H has access Defog and is able to come in on Scizor and Mamoswine. This mon is also annoying for people to face, because it just toxic's everything besides steel which just get blasted by Overheat. It also adds momentum with Volt Switch. Rotom-H just fitted so perfectly on this team. This is the Standard set with Iapapa Berry.

Every time I build, I always look for a good Steel/Fairy/Dragon core. At this point I already had my steel and my dragon. Now I just needed a fairy to make sure I don't lose to opposing dragons. So I decided to go with Sylveon. Sylveon is a cleric that is very beneficial for my whole team. It wish passes, scouts for moves (with protect), and cures status. Steelix benefits from this the most because it just tanks hits but doesn't have recovery, Sylveon fixes that with some status recovery aswell. Sylveon fitted so perfectly on this team.

I chose Slowbro because it synergies with Toxicroak very well, who is the pokemon who I built around. It tanks physical hits, scalds, calm minds, and sponge hits. I'm sure everyone knows what this mon does and it's great at what it does.

Now, we got the big boy Mega Steelix. Steelix gives us an electric immunity to help Slowbro, and it's a steel type to complete my Dragon, Fairy, Steel core. Scizor is also a very good defensive mon. Sadly it lacks recovery so it is preferred to run a wish passer to pair with the pokemon. Steelix checks major threats in the UU metagame, such as Scizor, Latias, Haxorus, Togekiss, Mega Altaria, and many more to name that I cannot think of right now.

The Team

Toxicroak @ Life Orb | Dry Skin

Jolly | 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD

• Swords Dance

• Gunk Shot

• Drain Punch

• Ice Punch

So this set over here is the standard SD Life Orb Toxicroak set. This is the most used set in the game. Usually I run Sucker Punch over Ice Punch just for the priority but this time I decided to run Ice Punch. This is because of bulky grounds like Gligar and Hippowdon. These 2 fat mons are pretty annoying to face on this team. Having Ice Punch helps that more. Drain punch is it's like only viable fighting stab. Gunk Shot is it's strongest poison stab with the 30% chance to poison, though it could suck because of it's 80% accuracy, which could be crucial at times. SD is just there so it can set up on switches and water types.

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf | Levitate

Timid | 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

• U-turn

• Draco Meteor

• Dark Pulse

• Fire Blast

This is my speed control of the team, and one of my Rotom-H answers. This pokemon helps revenge, gain momentum with U-Turn, and just bop shit with it's powerful STABs and coverage moves. Fire Blast is there for steels of course, and we have Draco and Dark Pulse because of STAB.

Rotom-Heat @ Iapapa Berry | Levitate

Timid | 240 HP / 16 SpA / 252 Spe

IVs: 0 Atk

• Volt Switch

• Overheat

• Toxic

• Defog

Rotom-H is my Scizor and Mamoswine check. It also Defogs away hazards like I said in the intro. Volt switch is there to gain momentum, Overheat is a very powerful stab that could make Rotom Heat a little bit scary. Toxic is there to widdle down tanky mons like Hippowdon and others.

Sylveon @ Leftovers | Pixilate

Bold | 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA

• Moonblast

• Wish

• Protect

• Heal Bell

Already explained what this pokemon does in the Teambuilding Process. Pretty much the medic of the team and Dragon type answer.

Steelix @ Steelixite | Sturdy

Careful | 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD

IVs: 0 Spe

• Toxic / Curse

• Earthquake

• Gyro Ball

• Stealth Rock

Steelix has access to Stealth Rock, which makes it our rocker of the team. It checks common pokemon like Latias. It hit's hard relatively hard as well. Toxic is just a good filler move, you could replace Toxic with Curse to get a more stronger Gyro Ball, and to make Steelix more offensive.

Slowbro @ Waterium Z / Psychium Z | Regenerator

Bold | 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

• Calm Mind / Block

• Scald

• Psyshock / Toxic

• Slack Off / Rest

I also explained what this mon does, though just wanted to point out that Block Slowbro could also work with this team, but I prefer Calm Mind because like, who want's a Slowbro that's walled by a Toxicroak, when it's supposed to counter the pokemon. Block bro was actually the original set, but after one game, I realized that it was walled by Toxicroak, but if you people aren't bothered by that, then rock with Block.

Threatlist

@

Choice Specs Primarina
This pokemon here serves a real threat to this team. Though, this pokemon can be played around with fairly easily. Whenever I come across a primarina, I go Sylveon most of the time, to scout, or just make the agressive switch the resist of the move I think he goes for. If that ends up flopping, I revenge the mon. It's pretty hard to kill it though when you have no Toxicroak, because it's the only one that can hit it super effectively. The key to it is to chip the mon as much as possible. Volt turn on Rotom and Hydra also helps it from staying in.

Superpower Scizor
Superpower Scizor isn't really that much of a problem, it can also be played around pretty easily. You just gotta make the safe switches. Most of the time they run Superpower is when it's Fightinium Z or Band. If band, Sylveon surprisingly takes that very well because it has protect. So you don't have to worry about a Scizor coming in on your Sylveon. I think I have a replay displaying it. I apologize if there is not. Also, it shouldn't be a problem aswell, because of the effect superpower gives after it's used once. Superpower is usually a one and done, which also helps.

@

Electrium Z Infernape
Electrium Z Nape is a threat because it hits Slowbro. Though it only does 68 Max with a raw tpunch. So I always come in on the SD, then double into Mega Steelix, predicting the electrium z. Then I go back to Slowbro and fire off my Z move or just raw scald it. This should end up killing Infernape. This isn't a threat unless you handle it properly.

Conclusion

I really had fun building this team overall, thank you for reading and feel free to send suggestions and I'll be more than happy to take them to consideration. Make sure to check the replays down below and the import :)Thank you, and may the power of Toxicroak be with you!

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast

Rotom-Heat @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 240 HP / 16 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Toxic
- Defog

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Steelix @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock

Slowbro @ Waterium Z
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Ik im pretty late to this, but this team also got showcased by the one and only PokeaimMD!
Here's the link to the video, pretty funny ending aswell. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjLfH5af7Fk

Attachments

Last edited:
What's up Dub --- first off, thanks for the s/o it's much appreciated; you made a pretty impressive first RMT and I can't front, I didn't expect this from you, but it was a very pleasant surprise. There's a couple of minor things I want to mention here that could end up helping out a bit, so let's get to it.

Threats

(1)
/
(2)
(Note)
(Note)

It's decent man, I can't really front to you about that. The team comes together in a pretty natural way and the only negative I got was that it's on the slower side, that's usually what tend to happen with these m-Lix / Rotom-H / Fairy type builds though. Listed below are gonna be a couple of threats I feel can be played around, but will still pose a significant issue if your opponent puts them in good positions.

(1) This thing's gonna be a huge pain in the ass for achetypes like these, it racks up free turns on Sylveon and it comes in on a sack or a -2 Rotom-H and potentially sets itself up behind a sub. At that point you have a disaster on your hands, tread lightly and play with caution to make sure it can't get that sub off or do too much sustainable damage. [EDIT: So I failed to mention how Gengar does the same thing versus Sylveon, and in general how it can come in and do moderate damage]​
(2) Lati doesn't get many free turns against this type of build, but if Steelix is heavily pressured in those MU's you'll find yourself in a bad position versus CM Dragonium thanks to the lack of speed control / RKOing this team possesses.​
(Note) So I felt this note was necessary for a couple of reasons; in Scizor's case, it's necessary because more sets threaten you than just Superpower --- Band, SD Buginium, anything that can do a sustainable amount of damage is really promising versus this build if you forgo Curse on Lix for Toxic, which I will get into later. As for Infernape, I feel that it's a necessity to touch on how Electrium isn't exactly a set that you should be concerned about. As you already are well aware of, NP sets have been really trendy in this meta-game, and a NP GKnot can pop off on this build, as well as a Mixed LO set in general which had some buzz in the past.​
----------
Minor Changes

(1)
(2)
(3)

So I've been brainstorming the threats on hand for quite a bit and it's hard to really hit every stop without reconstructing the team's fundamental cores in m-Lix and Sylveon / Slowbro + Toxicroak; Before I get into some of the minor changes I want to mention how this team can easily be taken advantage of by VoltTurn plus some solid doubles on your opponent's part, once again tread lightly but it's not an impossible MU or anything, just thought I would mention it. I like the Toxicroak + Slowbro idea here and I feel like you've came across something solid, but at the same time I don't think it fits on this build as you'd need to run BlockBro over CM to effectively deal with stall, and nothing on this team generates enough damage to take advantage of the U-Turn core, maybe with the exception of LO Toxicroak at times. I say "at times" because Toxicroak is really disappointing as far as damage output is concerned; Poison isn't a godly offensive typing and it has really subpar Fighting STAB, and a middling speed tier to boot.

(1A) BlockBro > CM - Not even a discussion here, without BlockBro this team falls on its face versus stall without the utility that this set provides. Even if this team would prefer to have CM Bro or other sets it is unable to because Toxicroak is unable to get the job done on its own, or even generate much of anything in the face of an Unaware wall.
(1B) Leftovers > Z Crystal - Really no point of going in depth here, Z was probably for the CM variant and Blockbro that lacks setup appreciates the passive recovery (as every wall does) in Leftovers.​
(2) 240 HP EVs ---> 236 HP EVs - So this is probably just a minor oversight on your part, it happens to everyone, but you need 236 HP EVs in Rotom-H to ensure your berry pops at the right amount (and you're not stuck at 26%, dying internally).
(3) Curse / Toxic - Seeing as this 'mon would appreciate both of these moves equally, I'm gonna leave this one up to you. The team appreciates Curse as a means to set-up alongside SD Roost Sciz and it appreciates Toxic because the team doesn't do a job of keeping sustained damage on it without status, and the team only has two real opportunities to status Rotom-H in Lix and the Rotom-H of our own.​
----------
Good work dude, team's a step in the right direction. I wish I could've offered up more advice but it seems as if I could not this time around, which may be a good thing or a bad thing. In any case, I hope the minor changes will help even if only slightly, and lastly I wanna say I dig the effort and attention to detail you put in your first RMT, once again I'm impressed. Happy Holidays dude.

Last edited:
So really dope team you have here and honestly I'm really loving Toxicroak myself. Just like 'sei. there wasn't too much I could think of changing without destroying the core you wanted of Toxicroak, Slowbro and MegaLix. So this will also be small nit-picks and one small change i think can be nice.

Major Changes:

- This was pretty much the only change I made because I felt the team handled Mons like Terrakion and Mamo etc. Pretty well. Florges still has access to wish and Cleric support but unlike Sylveon it can run Synthesis and not be forced to Protect when it invites in Pokemon like SD Scizor which is already scary for your team. One turn recovery just eases up how much pressure some set-up Steel types have. This isn't an overlly necessary change but I think it helps with what you struggle vs.

Minor Changes:

- I also think you need to use Curse Steelix otherwise things like Scizor are just way too much to deal with for Rotom-H. I made your MegaLix set Brave nature and changed the ev spread. Gave it more SpD than usual which let's it eat 2 HP Fire from LO Latias after SR and eat a Fire Blast from non boosted Ape from full and a good chance to eat a Focus Blast too.

252 SpA Infernape Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 104 SpD Steelix-Mega: 288-342 (81.5 - 96.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Infernape Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 104 SpD Steelix-Mega: 314-372 (88.9 - 105.3%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Latias Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 104 SpD Steelix-Mega: 143-169 (40.5 - 47.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

- As 'sei. already mentioned use 236 evs in HP to take less from SR. I'm also going to suggest using 248 Spe to be slower than other Rotom-H to get momentum off their switch-in as your go to answer is normally Hydra or Florges. Also 24 SpA lets it garuanteed OHKO Celebi after SR Dmg.

- Again I also recommend Blockbro as yeah Stall is a bitch otherwise. Standard set here with block + Toxic. Rest for recovery which works nicely with Cleric support. Item of choice is up to you Lefties for more recovery or Colbur to help with Hydra, Krook etc. and be able to Toxic or Scald them.

- This change is optional but you could try Poisinium-Z on Toxicroak to ease your match-up against some fairy types like Prima by nuking them even if you aren't at +2 + you don't need to worry about missing Gunk. The goal seems to be to sweep with Hydra if possible so this could ease that up. Ofc this does come at the cost of some power with the lack of LO.

<Click Sprites for importable>
I hope these changes help you out and yeah the team is solid as is, so there isn't much needing to be changed especially with the cores you had in mind. Good RMT and I look forward to more of your posts in the future, if you have any questions let me know and happy holidays ^_^

'sei. Twilight Thank ya'll for the suggestions! I'll definitely put Curse>Toxic on the Steelix, because I hardly ever see myself clicking that move. Like you said, it helps with my physical ape weakness and Superpower Scizor. Also 'sei, when I was talking about Superpower Scizor, I applied to all of the sets that included superpower, including band. Sorry if I wasn't clear when I said that. Also, like I said in the post, the original set was Block Bro, and I didn't like the fact that Toxicroak sets up on it. Now that I think of it, what Toxicroak is gonna stay in on a Slowbro. If it does, I guess I can run psyshock or something. Let me know if that sounds like a good idea, or scald is just better. One last thing, yall never told me how to deal with Nidoking/Gengar, like does anything need to be changed orrrr?

Personally I don't think a lot can be changed to alleviate your match-up vs them, without taking away from the cores you wanted. I acknowledged they are scary like 'sei. but your best way of dealing with them is probably aggresive doubling. Like doubling into Hydra expecting your opponent to go Gengar if you have Florges in for example. Same thing for Nidoking, the two only really safely switch-in well against Florges and to an extent Toxicroak. Just small things like that are your best way of beating them and keeping SR up to get the necessary chip to put it in range for Hydra to clean. Maybe you could try Sucker Punch on Toxicroak over Ice punch but you still have to be careful they don't Sub up on you. Other than that I don't see the need for other major changes. As for Psyshock > Scald on Slowbro I'm not too sure about that one as Scald has more merits of hitting Steel types for neutral and potentially burning them letting it win the 1 vs 1, I don't think Toxicroak should be your biggest deterent for running the move. Feel free to test it but I'm sure you'll see some problems you may come across. I'd just make it so that opposing Toxicroak are in range for Hydra or even Rotom-H. Hope this helps answer your questions ^_^

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
UUPL Champion
Yo dubby, this is a p good team and I'm proud of you even if you irritate me more often then not. Toxicroak is a pretty interesting mon in this tier as it is capable of handling most of the bulky waters due to it's immunity to water and toxic. The thing about Toxicroak is that it hard loses to bulky grounds, generally when you're looking for a mon that is capable of handling bulky waters, bulky grounds is sorta thrown in as well. Toxicroak is no grass type but it does still have potential to bully certain fat builds regardless and fighting types in general are so good rn. The issue I have with this team is that I don't think it necessarily does that good of a job supporting Toxicroak specifically while it does do a good job of covering most of the threats in the meta. Supporting Toxicroak efficiently is something I'd have to tear the team apart to do so I'll just try and make this as optimal as possible.

- I went with Mega Aggron w/ Toxic > Mega Steelix because the role mlix is playing here is almost always done better by Mega Aggron and Toxic is super important because it takes pressure off Rotom-H to check things like Moltres. Tbolt-less Rotom-H can only do so much when it's your sole Moltres answer, getting a toxic off on it would be super crucial. This change was so natural because fitting another ground was super easy.
Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Filter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic

- Scarf Krook > Scarf Drei is really really good here because scarf Krook just supports Toxicroak really well as well as giving a much needed ground type after going Maggron > Mlix. Krook supports Toxicroak by being offering Pursuit + Knock Off support. Trapping ghost types that bother croak so much is huge and knocking lefties off of shit like Hippo and eviolite off Gligar can help croak do more in the late game.
Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Smaller changes:
- Same shit they did with Rotom-H, 236 Hp 24 Spa 248 Spe Timid.
- Made Slowbro into Block set but I kept Waterium Z because it's good to reduce knock damage while giving a lil mini nuke if needed. LO is good on croak and croak's damage can be absurdly underwhelming without it so I wanted to keep it on there.
- You can go Florges > Sylveon if you want but I really don't think it matters much.

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Rotom-Heat @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 236 HP / 24 SpA / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Toxic
- Defog

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Filter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Slowbro @ Waterium Z
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Block
- Scald
- Rest
- Toxic

I hope you try this out and you like it, I think it's as optimal as it'll get. Good job on the rmt lad.

omg!!!! the one and only vivalospride gave me a rate! ahhhhhhhh! o///o

Anyway, thank you viv this team looks way better on PAPER. Though I still needa try it out. Can't wait to see how it is.

Thoughts on Low Kick Croak btw?

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
Your Sylveon is Pixilate without Hyper Voice mate. I’d suggest running WishSynth Florges to help with Scizor, as one turn recovery is big for stopping it from SDing in your face if you need to heal. If you really want the fatter wishes then use Cute Charm as its ability.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)