A Team fit for a King...

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Yer, it's been awhile since posting in this forum, but I'm posting an updated form of my team.

When I used this on Shoddy, it gave me excellent results and a much higher win/lose ratio (Around 75%, IIRC) Due to its success, I've been breeding the members myself. :P

Ambipom @ Focus Sash (I iz ambidexterous)
-Pickup*
-Naive (+Speed, -SpDef); 252 SpAttack/ Speed, 6 HP
Moves:
*Nasty Plot
*Swift
*ThunderBolt
*Baton Pass

Comments: Might appear to be a standard NP Passing Ambipom at first, but is enough of a viable special attacker on his own, especially considering after the First NP, A SKarm is usually sent in only to be turkey fried. It's way easily to get around two NPs in sometimes. If I run into a situation where an Attack won't work, or if I'm likely to die that turn, I Pass it off to a much better recipient. ;)

Bronzong @ Light Clay (Dingong)
-Levitate
-Sassy (+SpDef, -Speed); 252 Def/ 130 HP, 128 SpDef
Moves:
*Hypnosis
*Light Screen
*Reflect
*Gyro Ball

Comments: Not a physical threat at all and is purely supporting. He comes in on a predicted EQ or other non-effective move and sleeps the opponent from there. After the target sleeps, I'm free to set up my screens. I almost always throw out Light Screen first, due to the guaranteed Flamethrower etc coming in on the switch. EVs balance out defenses, making him a tough bastard to take down. Gyro Ball for when I wanna kill something insanely faster than me. :). I do recall him though to save screens for another time sometimes.

Togekiss @ Leftovers (How the fuck do I punch without hands?)
-Serene Grace
-Bold (+Def, -Atk); 186 HP/ 188 Def/ 136 SpDef
Moves:
*Roost
*Air Slash
*Flamethrower
*Aura sphere

Comments: Yes, you're reading this right. This is not a paraflinch kiss. Togekiss is often the recipient of Ambi's Passes, boosting his SpAtk considerably. The major highpoint of this kiss is that it's bulky as hell. EVs make 357 HP, and 300 for both defenses. Even with SE hits, I've yet to encounter an OHKO yet. Most people don't even realize that Kiss has evened defenses. Also, once Zong has his screens laid, he's even bulkier. Roost id there for frustration on the opponent's behalf, making him really hard to fully take out.

Electivire @ Expert Belt (Kibles and Bits)
-Motor Drive
-Mild (+SpAtk, -Def); 146 Atk/ 188 SpAtk/ 176 Speed
-Moves:
*ThunderBolt
*Flamethrower
*Cross Chop
*HP Grass

Comments: An extremely useful Mixvire. People still kinda don't see flamethrower coming and are taken aback when their Forrys/Scizors/ anything else weak to fire are singed. Cross Chop is the only move i really don't like. Anyone suggest a good alternative? Also, his name is a pun on his Japanese name, if anyone caught that.

Spiritomb @ Leftovers (Speak and Spell)
-Pressure
-Relaxed (+Def, -Speed); 192 Def/ 226 SpAtk/ 92 SpDef
-Moves
*W-o-W
*Calm Mind
*Dark Pulse
*Pain Split

Comments: I'm not sure if you guys listen to Dane cook, but if you remember his Speak and Spell act, you'll know exactly why I named Tomb that. Speak and Spell is the devil! Once he gets about 3 or so CMs in, he can tear through teams easily, unless they resist him. I originally ran Shadow Ball, but I fucking hated being walled by normal types. :(
Bliss encounters weren't fun. A full CMed Tomb can 2HKO Bliss with Dark Pulse, Toxic versions like to rain on his fun though. He's one of my favorite team members.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb (Mamalicious)
-Oblivious
-Adamant (+Atk, -SpAtk); 156 HP/ 252 Atk/ 96Def
-Moves
*Curse
*Earthquake
*Ice Shard
*Rockslide

Comments: My absolute favorite pokemon ever, and the main physical powerhouse of the team. I've been using this fella since he was UU. :)
People Don't seem to realize Mamo's bulkiness. Despite all the weaknesses, there's a sturdy beast under there. After 1 Curse, he reaches 591 Attack and 330 Def. That ain't shabby at all. The only problem is getting to Curse up though. You get the highest probability of doing this wen switching into a predicting electric move and cursing on the switch. He is capable of dealing so much damage, it's no wonder he's OU now. :(

Well, that's my team. It's got alot of thought put into it and each member compliments each other nicely. Every member is capable of switching into at least one attack with full immunity.

Some potential problems for this team are fewer than I thought. Only Heracross and Infernape come to mind off the top of my head.

One of my Opponents suggested Gliscor as a counter for both, and I'm loving this idea, since he fits well into the overall team theme. The question is: Who do I replace and what Gliscor set should I use?

This is a terribly hard decision to make as I've become attached to every member. :(

* Not really, his ability is Technician :o

Cross Chop is for you to deal with Tt-Rar and Blissey and its very useful. You could replace Earthquake with HP Ice.

KoA

is an Artist
CC has failed me in tight situations before though. BB is 100% accurate and still 2HKOs Bliss and Ttar. :/

I'm considering the HP Ice thing,EQ only is useful against other Electrics, but It's extremely hard for me to breed for specific HP types and this would be kinda a hassle on my end. :(

Pretty cool team you've got there. You might have some trouble with strong STAB Water and Fire attacks though, like (Specs) Starmie, Heatran, Moltres, Magmortar, Kingdra, Infernape, ect, because you lack resistance and don't have the wall to back that up. The obvious counter for those problems is a Water type, so:

Tentacruel: A spinner might come in handy.
Lanturn: Yes, the UU fish. Water/Electric is great coverage and Thunder Wave might come in handy.
Kingdra: Mostly for his typing, but he can be pretty bulky.
Suicune: CM Cune has no weak. Roars too.
Poliwrath: Another UU. He's bulkier then you might think and he's Rock/Dark/Ice resist after Dingdong commits suicide.
Slowking: A king for a king. Takes special hits better then his bro (I'm so witty).
Milotic: Takes a status like a man.
Starmie: Could work, but fears Weavile more than Slowking. You'd have to go real bulky with him too.

If you decide you need one of them, I'd probably take Ambipom out, because he doesn't have any much needed resistance or anything. Bronzong could go frontsies.

Hope I helped.

KoA

is an Artist
Alright, These are some great suggestions.

I will try HP Grass on vire, despite the fact it is only useful for one guy. :(

I'm not worried about Dos leads at all. Ambi easily OHKOs after a NP, and Not a single Dos lead ever got the sweeping chance it wanted.

Will be swapping NP with Roost on Kiss to make even more lasting. Even without NP passes, he is still formidable.

Will also try GB over Boom on Zong. I've been taunted once and it wasn't fun. :/

I'm still liking the thought of Gliscor though. He eliminates most of my major threats.

KoA

is an Artist
Aw man, but Speak and Spell is one of my key players. D:

This team forces some tough decisions. :(

KoA

is an Artist
Ok, so I've gone and made a couple edits to the team:

Bronzong @ Light Clay (Dingong)
-Levitate
-Sassy (+SpDef, -Speed); 252 Def/ 130 HP, 128 SpDef
Moves:
*Hypnosis
*Light Screen
*Reflect
*Gyro Ball

Putting in Gyro Ball over explosion is kinda a matter of preference, I guess. Ghost types switch in alot into my Kabooms, thus rendering me useless.
I'm also considering making him my new lead, yay?

Togekiss @ Leftovers (How the fuck do I punch without hands?)
-Serene Grace
-Bold (+Def, -Atk); 186 HP/ 188 Def/ 136 SpDef
Moves:
*Roost
*Air Slash
*Flamethrower
*Aura sphere

Tossed NP for Roost. Ability to survive much longer is a great sacrifice to a little boost. Ambi will most likely be passing anyway.

Electivire @ Expert Belt (Kibles and Bits)
-Motor Drive
-Mild (+SpAtk, -Def); 146 Atk/ 188 SpAtk/ 176 Speed
-Moves:
*ThunderBolt
*Flamethrower
*Cross Chop
*HP Grass

HP Grass to deal with Swampert since I apparently have a problem with him. :(
Also, I've decided to keep CC, as with this EV spread, only CC will 2HKO Bliss. BB Is a 3HKO, sometimes scoring two hits to kill. It also OHKOs TyraniBoah, which I found to be the bulkiest Ttar set.

I've also made the extremely difficult choice to consider taking out Mamoswine for a Kingdra due to his 1/4 damage from Fire and Water. I need help on a set and EVs because I'm only used to using Kingdra in a Rainy team.

Also, since Kingdra would be taking care of my most glaring weaknesses, is a Gliscor for Anti-Hera still recommended?

what switches into heatran? no fire resist and 2 weaks is dangerous for a team on shoddy these days.

imo give togetic more speed if you're sweeping with him. zong is setting up dual screens, why do yuo need the defense so bad?

ambipom seems like not a great lead and more of a surprise factor for when he can set up. that is you're wagering your setup on your opponent assuing fakeout. i dunno. thats kinda theorymon of me to suggest

togekiss is your only elec weak aaa

your team seems like it needs a bulky water or something for heatran for sure.

KoA

is an Artist
That's why I was thinking Kingdra over Mamo. As much as it pains me, Mamo has too many weaknesses and most of them come in the form of special attacks, which will almost always leave him belly up. Kingdra also 4x resists those pesky water/fire attacks. THough do tell me, do standard Heatrans carry Dragon Pulse now? @_@

The only downside to this is that If Mamo is dropped, Garchomp wants to have a field day. Oooh, choices choices. :(

Like I stated, I'll most likely switch Zong as the lead. The reason he lays out the screens is for added comfort, more or less. THey also further the durability of him, kiss and Spiritomb.

I didn't necessarily want Togey to be a super-duper fast sweeper, but is there a certain speed I should aim for? He reaches 196 right now.

This team was designed on Shoddy yes, but I'm also breeding it for usage on wifi.

its not like mamoswine is a garchomp counter .-. that should be bronzongs role.

specs heatran can carry dragon pulse but lo is becoming popular and that one does not carry dp iirc. kingdra is an acceptable poke i guess.. you could even make it rain since it doesnt hurt your team much exceptfor ft on vire

210 beats most suicunes
222 beats adamant tar
227 beats nospeed gliscor
240 beats max adamant breloom

KoA

is an Artist
Well, Mamo would pretty much be good for warding him off, I guess. If Chomp KOs one of my other guys and I switch this guy in, it's almost a guaranteed switch unless he has sub out, with which case, I'm lol. I'd usually just Curse on the switchin.

Hmmm...Would enough EVs to outspeed TTar be fine enough? Breloom would cause the most problems, but he usually leads, so Bronzong can absorb the status. Truth be told, I want Kiss to have as high defenses as possible.

Other possible waters I've been considering:

-Vaporeon
-Swampert
-Suicune (Would be ideal for Shoddy, but next to impossible to get for actual wifi usage.)

Any of these able to fill the role better than Kingdra?

Also, thanks for your assistance so far. :)

i think even stone edge is pretty useless on mamo. it's only good for gyara and maybe something like moltres and it's not like mamo's a safe gyara counter with that water weakness. i prefer avalanche, especially with curse. ice fang is another option, but i think avalanche's boost on a counter is worth the 5 atk.

KoA

is an Artist
Well, I use Rock Slide for better accuracy. I enjoy heartily the merits of Avalanche though. I might take the same route my Abom did and slap Avalanche on instead of Rock Slide.

Any suggestions on a water type though? I'm trying to finalize this up before I breed the rest of the members.

Well, I use Rock Slide for better accuracy. I enjoy heartily the merits of Avalanche though. I might take the same route my Abom did and slap Avalanche on instead of Rock Slide.

Any suggestions on a water type though? I'm trying to finalize this up before I breed the rest of the members.
something physical like azumarill, feraligator or gyara. i would go with azumarill because it doesn't take time to set up like the other two.

KoA

is an Artist
True, but I'd really like a bulky water type to deal with my Water/Fire exposure here.

I posted a list earlier, but I think Suicune or Kingdra are your best bets. They take Fire/Water moves easily and wouldn't mind a Nasty Plot boost either.

Suicune is there if you really want something bulky, but Kingdra brings 4x resist and has a lot of potential if you pass NP, seeing as you can go mixed with DD or RD to boost Waterfall too.

KoA

is an Artist
Yeah, I think Kingdra will be my inevitable winner here.

Should I go for one that works under rain, or perhaps try to invest in a bulkier Kingdra?

If you put about 24 EV's in Speed and 52 EV's in SpA (Modest), you'll always outspeed Rain Dance Kingdra's and 1HKO with Draco Meteor , before they put the hurt on you with Dragon Pulse. That way, you can put 252 EV's in HP and the rest in Def of SpD so it can take hits too.

I liked the idea of RestTalk, but that won't go too well with DM, which I think you need to not get swept by a Life Orb Dragon Pulse Kingdra. Surf,DM,HP Electric and Yawn/Toxic/Protect works too.

If you do decide to go for Rain Dance, make sure you outspeed other Kingdra's, 'cause you don't want to tie if you can 1HKO each other with Dragon Pulse.

KoA

is an Artist
Alright, that suggested spread leaves me at these stats:(HP- Speed)
354-203-226-262-271-212

Don't opposing RD Kingdras usually invest alot more in their Speed though? I'm kinda confused. ._.

In any case, 354HP and 271 SpDef will guarantee survival against a max SpAtk opposing Kingdra using Dragon Pulse. Damage dealt is:

Damage: 300 - 353

So at the very worst situation, I scrape by with 1 HP. XD

What Item do you suggest for Kingdra?

Well, I used the sets from Smogon and they use 16 EV's to outspeed Porygon-Z after RD. The ones that do outspeed him are the DD set (outspeeds anyway after DD), the Specs set (won't switch attack) and the Sniper set (rare and doesn't 1HKO).

Yeah, getting hit by DP hurts, but it's the only thing that will be super effective, seeing as you won't switch this into Sala or Chomp. And if you've got LS up, it's not even a 2HKO.

I'd probably go with Leftover, seeing as you'll need the recovery. Protect works nicely with this.

You'll have to try it all out though, 'cause all I've said was pure theorymon.

KoA

is an Artist
I'll mix around with different movesets, but I'm loving this EV Spread. :)

I appreciate the help you've given me. :P

Bah, it's only a manner of time til Kingdra becomes OU I tell ya.

What are your thoughts on the rest of the team? Can I handle off my major threats well enough?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)