SS UU [94% WIN RATE] KENGAN OMEGA (TEAM PURGATORY) [45-3]

1611365467118.png

I havent played SS UU in a long time ever since Summer 2020 so decided to get back into things before UUPL and get some practise in the LATIAS suspect test.

I started my journey using some trash random abomination of a team with screens, I lost to my first two opponents (one of them twice lmao) and that team got binned so hard.

IMPORTANT NOTE WHICH YOU NEED TO ALSO DO: I then listened to the song above on REPEAT 10 TIMES whilst forging a new team....

I decided to build a new team with Lycanroc-Dusk as I seen that it matches up with alot of teams currently used on ladder.

I wanted a team that does not let off the gas whilst having counterplay to alot of different playstyles, full on stall, screen offense, weather offense, trick room, you name it, this team has something for each. Actually, full on stall I get owned so nah lmao but thankfully only faced it twice.

BEHOLD...THE 6 STRONGEST MEMBERS OF TEAM PURGATORY

1611363641831.png

Lycanroc-Dusk @ Focus Sash
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Accelerock
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

This bad boy helps me so much vs frail HO matchups, usually netting a kill or two. The ever so common Shuckle webs offense also gets boned by this. I tend to lead with this and just attack the opposing lead. In fact, the worst of matchups for this beast, it still somehow gets up rocks and lures in a Pokemon which I have alot of switchins to. Standard EVs and no Crunch since I dont really need it. i hit everything hard enough anyways. CC allows me to dent Rhyperior, Zarude, Krook who always tries to stop me in my tracks only to have to take a hit. If the opponent has alot of flying types I will conserve this if I can to accelrock spam later in the game, especially when they have Moltres Galar.

---------------------------------------------

1611363834605.png

Scizor @ Metal Coat
Ability: Technician
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Amazing Pokemon, in fact in my humble opinion I think it's better than Latias in some regards. It dictates a game so much and it is so easy to weaken the opposing fire and electric types via my other lures in Victini and Klanger. I use this to break bulkier teams in the early stages of the game and it is my best revenge killer alongside Victini.

I have no clue what the EVs do, I just took whatever EVs showdown gave me lol.

I have trouble with tentacruel paired with another water type e.g. slowking so Scizor is my mon that forces tenta to chance with scald and then usually gets mauled by +2 KO. Tapu Bulu seems everywhere as well so it helps having a steel/bug type.

Not much else to say, very good Pokemon S rank easily.

---------------------------------------------
1611364058507.png

Latias (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

The S rank demon is here! I LOVE Scarf Latias. It is so good at its job. NOTHING can set up and proceed to sweep while this is around. The most broken set up mons for my team to face include gyarados the baddie, salamence the baddie, kommo the baddie and a few other baddies who i forgot but maybe its cause they're rubbish kek.

i never lead latias, i never sack latias for ANY REASON early on.

It always is there till the end of the game or at least till the late stages and either gets off a trick to foil a last ditch effort from bisharp setting up or just nuking the last remaining mons with psyshock.

I like Thunderbolt, it really helps with Steela, Azumarill and Moltres. Those 3 are always a problem and this gives me some reassurance.

Trick not only helps me cripple set up sweepers and fat tanks, it also allows me to lure in scarf Pokemon such as Krook who might want to absorb the trick, this then allows me to bring in something to take advantage of the krook who is also locked into a move.

-------------------------------------------------

1611364377923.png

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 96 HP / 160 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- U-turn
- Bolt Strike
- Final Gambit

Second scarfer. Helps with the Scizor weakness and allows me to pick up momentum at key parts of the game. Forces alot of switches and can allow me to take out Tentacruel who is a PAIN for this team early on.

this then allows Scizor and mew to set up and clean without fearing burn/haze.

The nice thing about Victini is that it outpaces alot of other scarfers and resists common priority moves in Bullet Punch and Ice shard.

Once again, EVs are from showdown so please let me know if there is a better spread.

I sometimes feel like replacing bolt strike with trick since I haven't use bolt strike more than two times in my entire run. This Pokemon puts the opponent at ease in terms of thinking that they can set up and sweep since latias wont be a scarfer; how wrong are they wihahahahahaaha!

--------------------------------------------------------

1611364609072.png

Kommo-o @ Throat Spray
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Clangorous Soul
- Clanging Scales
- Boomburst
- Flamethrower

The King.....

I have never had so much fun using a Pokemon in all my years of playing this game. Between creating a path for this guy to set up, to just smashing everything in UU after a CS Boost + TS, using this thing is so satisfying.

This is a secondary check to Scizor and I use alot of fat things that Lycanroc Lures to set up.

Standard set, standard EVs. I have actually used this to just muscle through a slowbro and slowking core so dont be afraid to just play aggressively with this bad boy! For instance, you can take a future sight and a bulky Scizor BP after one boost...insane right!?

This thing is never meant to clean, in fact it is the best assister of the team and really puts the opposing Pokemon I want to see out in front of me for my next Pokemon to take advantage.

Opposing scarf lati comes in to revenge me? no problem. SD Scizor awaits to sweep. Or if you really wanna end things, start up with Mew and then when they trick you after several turns you can take down a few things and then let the next Pokemon enter to continue.

The added benefit is having Boomburst which allows you to avoid weird random sub set up sweepers attempt to steamroll you.

-------------------------------------------

1611365067555.png

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Bold Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Body Press
- Stored Power
- Roost

Very shady character, just like Nicholas.

To be fair, this Pokemon saved my butt on a few KEY occassions, like taking +6 E SPEED from linoone like it was nothing and taking a boosted Crunch once or twice.

Apart from those key instances, this Pokemon doesnt do much and just sits at the back watching its teammates do all the work.

If the opposing Trick and toxic/haze users are dead then this Pokemon can attempt to sweep.

After 2 or 3 Cosmic Power boosts its pretty much over for any HO team bar crits and for any bulkier teams this kinda forces them to bring their bulky set up sweeper in which case I either FG with Tini or trick with Latias or Sczizor might be able to dispatch them depending on what they are boosting.

Great insurance vs a myriad of teams for sure.

IMPORTABLE: https://pokepast.es/7b57a264a8811ff5

And there you have it folks, my first UU RMT and I honestly think this has been my most successful team ever. It has great flow, many win cons and most importantly FLEXIBILITY, ALOT of it lol.

Thanks for readings this random assortion of my thoughts.

SOMALIA

WEAKNESSES:

I faced alot of different playstyles and I will put my hands up and say stall with Haze Tenta just puts me in the dumpster lol.

BASICALLY PRAY YOU DONT FACE FULL ON STALL WITH (TENTA+QUAG) but its rare anyways.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)