Tournament ZUPL - Week 5 [Tiebreaker]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greybaum

GENTLEMAN, THIS IS DEMOCRACY MANIFEST
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
calling activity on behalf of LordST who is now at work. Aaronboyer Plas
LST and tondas agreed to play weekend - LST chased him up on saturday asking when he was free, to which tondas then said he was busy all of saturday.
lst then wakes up on sunday to plas getting subbed in, and they agreed to 3PM.
plas then forgets (see attached). and LST is now at work.
image0.png

sorry swannas :/

Given the playoff implications of LST vs Plas and a 1st place tiebreaker already happening we'd like to ask for a 1 day extension to the game if at all possible if both parties are ok with it.

Last edited:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Given the playoff implications of LST vs Plas and a 1st place tiebreaker already happening we'd like to ask for a 1 day extension to the game if at all possible if both parties are ok with it.
Normally this would be a super iffy situation but since this is a critical game for who makes playoffs and we're having at least one tiebreaker regardless, I'm giving LordST and Plas a one day extension. If Monday is absolutely impossible let me know and I can see what we can work out since obviously the tiebreaker deadline is longer, but I don't want to give this extra time.
Teams need a bit to decide on tiebreaker stuff but that'll be up by 11pm EST tomorrow the absolute latest

Normally this would be a super iffy situation but since this is a critical game for who makes playoffs and we're having at least one tiebreaker regardless, I'm giving LordST and Plas a one day extension. If Monday is absolutely impossible let me know and I can see what we can work out since obviously the tiebreaker deadline is longer, but I don't want to give this extra time.
Teams need a bit to decide on tiebreaker stuff but that'll be up by 11pm EST tomorrow the absolute latest
Shouldn't this game have gotten done in time if it's that critical for playoffs? I think by now it's established that extensions should not happen in team tours, 'there's a tiebreaker anyway' has nothing to do with that and I think that extending it was objectively wrong. We have a pretty clear act case and it feels a little unfair we have been fucked like this lol
GO SPINDAS

MZ

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Shouldn't this game have gotten done in time if it's that critical for playoffs? I think by now it's established that extensions should not happen in team tours, 'there's a tiebreaker anyway' has nothing to do with that and I think that extending it was objectively wrong. We have a pretty clear act case and it feels a little unfair we have been fucked like this lol
GO SPINDAS
The tiebreaker anyway just makes it a lot more feasible, the actual drive is "hey it's zupl and nobody wants this kind of thing to get decided on an activity loss". If Delibirds win there's a 3-way tiebreak for making it into playoffs (I had that wrong btw), a lot of teams are riding on this game, and finding any other solution becomes a lot more valuable. I'm happy to go over this more at length on discord as well but yeah, finishing all this by activity shouldn't really be considered the ideal outcome.

Last edited:

MZ

First/Second Seed Tiebreaker

oricorio.gif
vs
hakamoo.gif

Fiery Flamencos (2) vs Humilau Hakamo-os (1)
USUM ZU: DurzaOffTopic vs Quantum Tesseract
USUM ZU: Finchinator vs yovan33321
DPP ZU: Heysup vs Toy Time King

Third Seed Tiebreaker

spinda.gif
vs
delibird.gif

Seductive Spindas (2) vs Dragon Dancing Delibirds (1)
USUM ZU: sketchy ecchi vs Ho3nConfirm3d
USUM ZU: uhuhuhu7 vs Plas
ORAS ZU: a fruitshop owner vs OminousDraco

delibird.gif
vs
swanna.gif

Dragon Dancing Delibirds (1) vs Sovereign Swannas (2)
USUM ZU: Ho3nConfirm3d vs TJ
BW ZU: tondas vs DnB
DPP ZU: TonyFlygon vs Specs

swanna.gif
vs
spinda.gif

Sovereign Swannas (2) vs Seductive Spindas (0)
USUM ZU: TJ vs Rav3ndan
BW ZU: DnB vs LordST
DPP ZU: Chokepic vs neomon

The deadline is Sunday, September 22nd, 11pm EST​

Attachments

Last edited:
Ahah, yes, you have just fucked my zupl with this crit of the last chance, but its not a reason to taunt me here. Not when you just know how use stall teams, and when haxx is your only gameplan.
Go swannas i guess, your smzu are a zu players, and not a randoms guy who are buy because they are moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)