Tournament ZU Seasonal Playoffs - Won by Akashi

Status
Not open for further replies.

5gen

jumper
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Welcome to the first annual ZeroUsed seasonal playoffs. This is a top 16 seeded tournament where players gained points in each seasonal, as seen in the leader board. Congratulations to those who qualified. Playoffs will last four rounds and unlike in certain seasonals, losing once is the end of the road. As such, the winner after all four rounds will become the ZeroUsed seasonal champion. Best of luck to all and have fun!

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • The banlist for this tournament is the same as the ZeroUsed ladder of the Smogon University server of Pokemon Showdown, and can be found here.
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • If metagame changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
  • Battles must take place on Pokemon Showdown!.
  • US/UM cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties.
  • Replays are mandatory to prevent disputes.
  • If for whatever reason you do not want to play in these playoffs, let me know as early as possible so I can adjust the bracket accordingly
(1) Pohjis vs (16) uhuhuhu7
(2) RawMelon vs (15) sketchy ecchi
(3) czim vs (14) Jmash
(4) a fruitshop owner vs (13) Funbot28
(5) Megazard vs (12) Akashi
(6) Dj Breloominati♬ vs (11) Tack :]
(7) LPY vs (10) CrazyStevy
(8) 5gen vs (9) Rav3ndan

Side note, Absolute Infinity and zugubu royale were subbed out of top 16 because the former has been inactive since January 31st and the latter is banned.

Deadline is August 5th at 11:59pm GMT -4.

Last edited:

Xayah

San Bwanna
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I was gonna do predictions but ended up just choosing the highest seed every time anyway, so I'll just give highlight matches

Pohjis vs uhuhuhu7 - I doubt this match will be close because of how good Pohjis is, but it's been a hot minute since we've seen him in action so that'll be fun.
Megazard vs Akashi - Both of these have had similar results in recent seasonals and neither seem to play the tier actively recently, so it'll be fun to see how they adapt to Exeggutor and the other drops.

Otherwise go 5gen, Megazard, and Pohjis!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)