DPP: HSOWA vs Drud
ADV: MZ vs plznostep
GSC: SOMALIA vs BeeOrSomething
RBY: Ice Yazu vs Sabelette
Deadline is Monday, March 4th at 4pm+1 / 10am-5

Last edited:

Tuthur

Haha CEO
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
ZU latr Feraligatr (5) vs (3) MALICIOUS MANECTRICS
SS: Quinn vs 5gen - never seen Quinn in SS and 5gen is good
SM: DugZa vs btboy - finally DugZa is in his good tier, and while btboy is 3-1, it is the weakest SM pool I've ever seen
ORAS: a fruitshop owner vs Jett - Jett cant go positive
BW: yovan33321 vs feen - feen has been underwhelming so far ngl, unlike yovan who's doing a good tour
DPP: HSOWA vs Drud - Drud is undefeated and usually wins against HSOWA in this tier unless luck
ADV: MZ vs plznostep - looking at manecs adv it is hard to bold them
GSC: chub vs BeeOrSomething - chub hasnt played a game yet
RBY: Ice Yazu vs Sabelette - still think yazu is the rby lower tier goat, but sab isnt too far behind

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
is a Contributor to Smogon
Both teams have come a long way since their intial Week 1 Match up. While the Gatrs did win 6-2 I can't see that happening here in semis. It'll be much closer.
ZU latr Feraligatr (3) vs (5) MALICIOUS MANECTRICS
SS: Quinn vs 5gen
Based on what I've seen 5gen has had a pretty good time within the SS pool despite the 2-3 record. While yes, Quinn is a very established and notable player himself he hasn't touched SS throughout the tournament. I think 5gens SS experience coupled with his support will be enough to secure his Win this week.

SM: DugZa vs btboy
This one is a tough one because I'm not too familiar with either's play. I know btboy is a ZU community member so that may give him the edge here but I've also seen a ton of his builds from other generations and to me they seem really difficult to pilot. Despite this btboy has gone 3-2 according the spreadsheet. Dugza on the other hand is 0-3 in gen 8 so they remain unproven in SM. I do think that there's potential for an upset here but as it stands now I'm giving it to btboy

ORAS: a fruitshop owner vs Jett
HOLY HIGHLIGHT MATCH. Fruits is 4-1 with two of those wins coming from ORAS while Jett is 2-3 having played ORAS the entire tournament. This match could probably go either way as Jett could cook something up that has a great MU into whatever fruits brings. However, I cannot in good faith predict against fruits. The guy is just built different.

BW: yovan33321 vs feen
Yovan has been tearing up the BW pool this tournament sporting an impressive 4-1 record. As good as Feen is I just can't see him stopping Yovan given his current momentum.

DPP: HSOWA vs Drud
DAILY DOUBLE! What another great MU. The top DPP in the pool (Drud) vs (arguably) the 2nd best (HSOWA). Drud did win their initial encounter remains undefeated. I honestly think Drud will remain undefeated but I could definitely see HSOWA stealing the DPP W this week due to better prep.

ADV: MZ vs plznostep
MZ is an excellent well rounded player Twitt support. The only way I can see Plznostep winning this MU is if the cheese they decide to bring works extremely well. I don't think there's a way for Plznostep to Cteam as Twitt is an incredibly unpredictable ADV builder. Either way, I'm very excited to see this match and am looking forward to seeing what MZ/Twitt and Plznostep cook up for this game.

GSC: chub vs BeeOrSomething
This match is really hard to determine as I'm very unfamiliar with Chub's play. According to Twitt he was supposed to be their main GSC'er throughout the tournament. I have to give the Match to BOS here because of this. I feel that I can't attempt to accurately predict this match so I could see it going either way.

RBY: Ice Yazu vs Sabelette
This is a great matchup as Sabelette lost to Ice Yazu week 1 and just barely has the better record. I think Sab will pull through this week though given that they haven't lost since week 3 and managed to beat Notverycake ,an opponent Ice Yazu lost to.

BaitWiz

hisuian zorua my beloved
is a Pre-Contributor
ZU latr Feraligatr (0) vs (0) MALICIOUS MANECTRICS
SS: Quinn vs 5gen - 5gen brings a wealth of experience that Quinn doesn’t, so while both players are solid I think 5gen wins out
SM: DugZa vs btboy - btboy’s been having a significantly better tournament, but an upset is very possible here like others have mentioned
ORAS: a fruitshop owner vs Jett - I think AFO + Twitt support is going to be too hard to beat
BW: yovan33321 vs feen - yovan’s been having an amazing tournament while feen hasn’t been as solid, again though this really could go either way
DPP: HSOWA vs Drud - I think this matchup is ridiculously close, HSOWA and Drud are both phenomenal DPP players and builders
ADV: MZ vs plznostep - MZ’s typically been the better player, but if steppy can lock in I can see him pulling out a win
GSC: chub vs BeeOrSomething - chub hasn’t even played yet so I’m giving bee the win here
RBY: Ice Yazu vs Sabelette - username diff

diegoyuhhi

our shared past and our lost future
is a Pre-Contributor
friday and no gaming yet so ig i'll drop my predicts too

ZU latr Feraligatr (3) vs (3) MALICIOUS MANECTRICS
SS: Quinn vs 5gen - i've never seen quinn in ss, and even with how much i think 5gen's builds are weird he's still a really good player
SM: DugZa vs btboy - even if btboy is 3-1 and dugza 0-3, i still think he's the man to fear in sm considering his results in previous zupls
ORAS: a fruitshop owner vs Jett - can really go either way. afo is the better player imo, but if he recycles and jett preps well i can also see it going the other way
BW: yovan33321 vs feen - yovan has been unstoppable this olympiad
DPP: HSOWA vs Drud - hl match af, tho i still think drud is the best dpp player
ADV: MZ vs plznostep - sorry steppy, but i just can't not pick mz with twitt support over you with zause support
GSC: chub vs BeeOrSomething - chub has come back, but i've never seen them play and bee is a good player, trusting my gut here
RBY: Ice Yazu vs Sabelette - both are good players and are having a pretty good tour. can go either way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)