Tournament ZU Classic IV [Won by czim]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuthur

formerly 0-7 in FCL
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor

Art and OP by Aaronboyer - Inspiration Taken from The Smogon Classic

Standings
ZU Classic is a tournament celebrates ZU's history throughout the years. Players have competed in separate tournaments for the ADV, DPP, BW, ORAS, and SM generations, and the top eight players have qualified for playoffs. Thank you to File 13, Procrastinasian, waterbend, btboy, Toto, and Mirbro for hosting.

Seeding
#1 Huargensy - 19 Points, 78.95% Winrate
#2 Descending - 15 Points, 70.59% Winrate
#3 TheFranklin - 15 Points, 68.42% Winrate
#4 Danny - 14 Points, 73.33% Winrate
#5 5Dots - 14 Points, 68.42% Winrate
#6 czim - 14 Points, 68.42% Winrate
#7 OranBerryBlissey10 - 14 Points, 66.67% Winrate
#8 BeatsBlack - 13 Points, 73.33% Winrate

5Dots and czim's tie was broken by the longest 4th run as their winrate and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd deepest run were equal.

This year's format will still be a best-of-5. Higher seed choses the first tier and then the loser of each battle choses the next one.

Round 1
#1 Huargensy vs #8 BeatsBlack
#2 Descending vs #7 OranBerryBlissey10
#3 TheFranklin vs #6 czim
#4 Danny vs #5 5Dots

Round 2
#8 BeatsBlack vs #4 Danny
#2 Descending vs Winner of #6 czim

Round 3
#4 Danny vs #6 czim

Round's deadline is Monday 4th July 7am GMT+2.

Last edited:
Predicts :woo:

#1 Huargensy vs #8 BeatsBlack. (3-2) Fun match to start off with. New blood in Huargensy vs long time oldgen main beats. This match is super close with Huargensy favoured in SM, ORAS, and DPP while beats has the edge in BW, ADV, and GSC. Overall as Huargensy has the first pick due to seed I think he takes it reaching 3 wins first.

#2 Descending vs #7 OranBerryBlissey10 (3-2) Descending seems favoured in SM, ADV, and GSC whereas oran got alot more experince in ORAS and BW. Not sure how either of their DPP is and I'm guessing they prob wont play it. So again Descending has the edge thanks to higher seed getting first pick.

#3 TheFranklin #6 czim (2-3) Peko civil war nooooo. rigged bracket. Think this is gunna be the first "upset". Franklin is favoured in BW and slightly in DPP, Mainly just cause Czim doesn't play DPP. Can see czim winning both of these two though. Czim is also favoured in all the other gens so ye, having first pick isn't gunna save Franklin here.

#4 Danny vs #5 5Dots (1-3) 5dots at 5th seed? GG. Real thoughts though Danny is favoured in SM whereas 5dots is favoured in the rest.

Tuthur

formerly 0-7 in FCL
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Can't the deadline be extended to next week sunday? Midweek deadlines suck and you cant expect everyone to prep 5 teams before weekend every round
unfortunately 5dots and I will need an extension till Sunday the 19th.
As you saw, the tournament's start has been delayed and this is an attempt to fix it. If this doesn't work, I'll move the tournament to more traditional week end deadlines. Sorry for the inconvenience.

won vs my friend danny in 4 fun ones, ggs

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen3nu-1609135078-4jhhi2zx6wc7m2dq95m90hobg121ve3pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6zu-1609142063-dhegjw2jys8sqi35rturdjc5fsdi7jrpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen2nu-1609146882-kl013lgfws8elwy80tl76c8e88f1egtpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4zu-1609149346-7jnke1m5cr1gv35n33q8y0zr194vxn6pw

Really happy to win a tour after my retirement. Especially because this win was Classic. ZU Old gens are cool af though, you should give them a try if you still haven't.

Shoutout to all my peko friends btboy, a fruitshop owner, Toto, Jett, TheFranklin, Albi, Procrastinasian, DEG, Itchy and everyone else that cheered for me along the way throughout the tour. Also thank you BeatsBlack for the adv talks on cool sets, we came up with some cool stuff together. I care a lot about these formats and it's nice to see them getting better and better with time. Oh yeah, also ty LPY for the teams you gave for SM cup when I was bored and didn't wanna build to face btboy lol. Sry if i forgot someone, it's late and i'm old :psycry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)