Tournament ZU BreadWinners Tour - Round 9 (Finals) - Won by Garak oak

Status
Not open for further replies.
1642396598319.png

Artwork by lei. You can support his artwork here!​

Congratulations to the finalists for making it this far. You both are guaranteed at least $301 no matter who wins this round. As a reminder, the prize structure is as follows:
  • 1st place - $601, forum banner, custom PS! trainer sprite​
  • 2nd place - $301​
  • 3rd & 4th place - $151 each​
  • 5th through 8th place - $76 each​

Tournament Rules:
  • This is a single-elimination tournament.
  • This is a best-of-3 round. Switching teams is permitted between rounds.
  • Replays are mandatory and playing on SmogTours is mandatory. Any series without replays will be coinflipped.
  • Challenges should take place under the [Gen 5] ZU challenge format.
  • Scheduling should take place on your opponent's Smogon wall.

No proof of bracket because it's the finals.

There is no hard deadline for this round, but try to get the set done by Sunday, March 13th 11:59 PM GMT -5.

frisoeva

LETS FUCKING NOOOOOOOOOOOO
ggs, thanks for talking to me about this tier mg pietro a little bit and august a little bit more, also thanks aurella for the scout in semis.

may be time to retire, those were the worst series of plays g3. sorry for disappointing

won in what I can only describe as a peculiar set of pokemon games, ggs

I have to say I never expected to play BW ZU of all tiers, let alone win an individual tournament in said tier. I won't fool anyone here, I signed up for the money, but I do think the tier is really fun and I ended up building the great majority of the stuff I used, so I put in a fair share of effort into this tour. It wasn't all me though, as I'd like to thank everyone who cheered for me, and especially august Mana Bouff for the help provided in scouting, building, discussing teams or what have you (and to everyone who tested w me ofc). Overall it's been a great tour and I'm very happy to have won it. See you around in some other iteration(?)

Oh also, thanks to btboy for hosting and Adaam for donating an absurd amount of money just so that this tour would have more at stake than OST LOL

Itchy

take all my data, what will you find?
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Thank you so much to everyone who participated in this tournament, whether you lost r1 like me, or you were one of our finalists, or one of our amazing donors. This was so much more thsn I anticipated when I agreed to cohost, and it was great to see this tier in the spotlight. You all made this possible!
I wanted to take some time for some special shoutouts as well
  • First, thank you btboy for hosting this! Your enthusiasm is infectious, especially when it comes to BW ZU. Hopefully you can get your car freshener soon!
  • My next thank you goes out to DEG for being amazing! You have been my emotional rock, and got me through the roughest part of this hosting experience.
  • Thank you to Finchinator and Boat for helping me and btboy when we were not sure about act calls / extensions / flips!
  • Thank you to smely socks for coaching me to be a tournament host, and providing me the tool I used to import users into the bracketmaker!

All good things must come to an end, but I thought I would commemorate this tournament with some thank-yous to the people who helped make it possible. I'll keep these short so as to not get too sappy.

BW ZU Council (DnB JonAmon 25 Mirbro and SSJ) - thanks so much for your hard work and dedication to help repair a tier that many thought was too far gone.

Thanks to all the donors (16bit, Adaam, Brambane, Chokepic, Kalalokki, Mirbro, Procrastinasian, SBPC, Toto, and some anonymous birdies) who made this tour way bigger than it ever should have been. A special thanks to Adaam - I was not prepared to seriously compete with OST and you were the catalyst for that arms race.

Thanks to my trusty cohost Itchy who helped baby me through hosting my first tour ever, who stayed up late dealing with my awful BB code to make the brackets and do tags, and who helped with key decisions. Finchinator and Boat were also instrumental throughout this process, and these three saved me from committing more blunders than I'd care to admit.

Kris is owed a huge thank you for all the work he did on the back end to make a ladder and a format for us. This was a giant tour and there surely would have been a lot of legality headaches without your help.

Last but not least, a big thank you to all the players who participated in this tour. I know a lot of you came for the prize pool, but I hope you all had fun playing in the process. The metagame development for an unofficial tier has been unprecedented, and you all contributed to it no matter how many games you played. I hope to see some of you soon in the BW Cup or ZUPL.

Itchy, would you do me the honor of doing tags one last time? Edit: left on read smh

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)