Project ZU Battle of the Week [Week 12: Voting]

Stolen from @TJ’s thread from PU subforum
Approved by 5gen and Xayah

Battle Of The Week

Credits to h_n_g_m_n

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the ZU Battle of the Week! Once a week there will be a battle in which competitors will be elected by the ZU community.

Which are the main goals of this section?

This project aims to develop a positive environment between ZU veterans and newcomers. While the formers can try to showcase strategies, creativity and their own teams, the latter can find in these battles the basics of this tier. Moreover, it is a way to boost their interaction and share new ideas.

How does it work?

The simpler, the better. Thus, people will vote in this thread for 3 ZU players to fight each week. The two most voted players will fight and, afterwards or after a week, a new round will be started. At this point, I would really appreciate both players explain why they chose their teams. Optionally, I encourage the players to send me a message with the time details in which they will fight. Thus, I will edit the post with the time each week. At the end of the games the replays will be posted to make it easier to watch the games if someone could not watch in direct. Games can be Bo1 or more. Again, I encourage you to make more than 1 game to make this funnier and entertaining.

Rules
  • The two competitors from the previous Week’s Battle cannot be nominated for the following week. For example, if 5gen and Xayah battled in Week 5 they cannot be nominated for Week 6 but they can be nominated from Week 7 on. This will allow to watch diversity and create opportunities for everyone.

• Self-nomination is not allowed. If the community wants to see you battling, you will have the chance sooner or later. Try to use this chance to see a player that you really admire or from who you want to learn. Remember, ZU as any other tier is a community.

• Games will be at least Bo1 in any ZU Gen. There is plenty of freedom for the two competitors to decide between them which “kind” of games will play. For example, 5gen and Xayah have decided that for the Week’s Battle they will play a Bo5 using uncommon Pokémon of B rank or below (Viability Ranking). Other ideas are: Playing old generations, using a specific Pokémon to build around… Creativity is always amazing in these funny and positive games.
Really important:
This is not a battling competition. This is something to have some fun and to discover new people (make the community bigger) and try to boost your own creativity.​

Last edited:
So that's the end of the voting stage for Week 1. I will drop my votes here too:

5gen
Czim
Kay

To make a long story short, I will draw the final Table with all the votes and I will highlight the ones that have to battle for this week :]

Ranking
Competitors
Number of Votes
1 - 2​
RawMelon & LightPinkYoshi​
10​
3​
Czim​
9​
4 - 5​
DurzaOffTopic & Kay​
4​
6 - 8​
5gen & Pinktidal & Pohjis​
3​
9 - 13​
ZeitoKrabby & Calucha & Kalalokki & Graceclaw & Light Plate​
1​

Thus, for Week 1 of BotW we have:

163903vs 163902

Please read carefully the rules of the thread. However, I will point out some things that I think are really important:

1) The battle is preferred to be done until Sunday, however, if more time is needed an extension could be granted.

2) Bo1 but it is optional to make it at Bo3 or whatever

3) Feel free to put clauses for yourselves (some cores, old gens...)

4) Let me know when do you want to battle and I will post it in this thread.

Last edited:
So that's the end of the voting stage for Week 1. I will drop my votes here too:

5gen
Czim
Kay

To make a long story short, I will draw the final Table with all the votes and I will highlight the ones that have to battle for this week :]

Ranking
Competitors
Number of Votes
1 - 2​
RawMelon & LightPinkYoshi​
10​
3​
Czim​
9​
4 - 5​
DurzaOffTopic & Kay​
4​
6 - 8​
5gen & Pinkital & Pohjis​
3​
9 - 13​
ZeitoKrabby & Calucha & Kalalokki & Graceclaw & Light Plate​
1​

Thus, for Week 1 of BotW we have:

View attachment 163903vs View attachment 163902

Please read carefully the rules of the thread. However, I will point out some things that I think are really important:

1) The battle is preferred to be done until Sunday, however, if more time is needed an extension could be granted.

2) Bo1 but it is optional to make it at Bo3 or whatever

3) Feel free to put clauses for yourselves (some cores, old gens...)

4) Let me know when do you want to battle and I will post it in this thread.
In your initial post the rules state a BO3 (and BO1) as minimum, while now they state BO1 as minimum. Just wanted to let you know that there´s an inconsistency

In your initial post the rules state a BO3 (and BO1) as minimum, while now they state BO1 as minimum. Just wanted to let you know that there´s an inconsistency
Thanks 85percent , initially was Bo3 but after some discussion we wanted to change it to Bo1 just in case someone did not have enough time for preparation. I will change it :) sorry for the inconvenience!

Tack

Bow to your Matriarch
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Thanks 85percent , initially was Bo3 but after some discussion we wanted to change it to Bo1 just in case someone did not have enough time for preparation. I will change it :) sorry for the inconvenience!
just going to leave my opinion on the rules here, BotW often just ends up as whatever both parties feel like playing, and they get it done whenever they're ready. My guess is either gen 7 or oras with these 2

just going to leave my opinion on the rules here, BotW often just ends up as whatever both parties feel like playing, and they get it done whenever they're ready. My guess is either gen 7 or oras with these 2
Yes, absolutely !! I wanted to put a flexible "deadline" for making a calendar like Sunday-Tues/Wednesday postings and rest of tje week battle. But if they cannot play during the rest of the week an "extension" would be absolutely granted :). It was with the aim to make it easier haha.

Feel like guesses could be a cool adding :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)