• It's great!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's good.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • It's usable.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • It's bad.

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Imma yeet you out the window if you don't change this team for the better.

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
Hi people! I've played Pokemon for quite a long time, but I still don't really have that skill of building teams :(
So I wanted to make a Dark Monotype team. I've played monotype for a while but :((((( I'M STILL BAD AT BUILDING TEAMS FOR IT REEEEE.
Anyways, here it is. For all your raters out there, please give this a rate but I would prefer that Zoroark stayed. Thanks for reading!

Teambuilding Process!

I started off with Zoroark. I had an encounter with this pokemon in a randoms match, and I was shocked when it some random poke resisted the damage that was supposed to be super-effective and then transformed. Anyways, I looked into it and found it is a pretty good specially offensive mon! So when I decided to make a dark monotype, I wanted to build around him.

So after that, I wanted to add a mega. I really don't know why I choose mega Houndoom, but I did. Next I felt like I needed a flying type. You people already know what I got.

I opted for a weak armor, life orb Mandibuzz because, well, um, yeah. I wanted a counter to fighting I guess. And bug. Next I needed a fairy counter and a solid defensive wall.
Can you guess what it is?

Yep its one of dark's best friends, Bisharp. It is a solid defensive wall that can counter fairy. I felt like that was't enough and I needed another fairy counter. ENTER......

So yeah. I kind of wanted to have Toxic Spikes as an entry hazard, and Drapion is too cool to resist XD. And for the final pokes, I wanted a starter and a rock setter. I chose...

I chose Krookodile because its a solid mon XD. Not only am I using it as a setter, I am also using it as a Z-move carrier.

Soooo that concludes the team building process. I know it wasn't that detailed but I don't really know what else to say. :D Please give it a rate!

INTRODUCING THE TEAM!!!!!

Houdini (Zoroark) @ Adrenaline Orb
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Pulse
- Extrasensory
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast

I opted for Adrenaline Orb because Intimidate is a pretty common ability and with that extra bit of speed Zoroark becomes unstoppable.
Evs are focused on making him a revenge kill/small sweep.
I use the ability Illusion to imitate Mandibuzz XD. It fools many people into using less effective moves.
The moveset is just a general spec atk one. It covers many types so that Zoroark can have almost all type coverage. Nothing really special about the moves.

Devil (Houndoom-Mega) @ Houndoominite
Ability: Solar Power
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sunny Day
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam

Mega Houndoom is a setup sweep with massive Special Attack.
Spatk and speed ivs to make him better at sweeping XD.
Solar Power pairs with Sunny Day (Using sunny day is the setup part)
When Sunny Day is active, its Special Attack is boosted even MORE but it does loose health.
The moveset is generally STAB, with Dark Pulse and Fire Blast
Solar Beam is included because it is a very powerful move that usually has to charge but in Sunny Day it doesn't.

Jailbird (Mandibuzz) @ Life Orb
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Mandibuzz is a tank. That is the easy way to put it.
This team is very offensive :o so MORE SWEEP EVS.
Life Orb and Weak Armor to make it faster and stronger.
Brave Bird because it is a powerful STAB move.
Roost to recover the damage suffered from Brave Bird and Life Orb
Knock Off, another useful STAB move that has another function.
U-turn in case things are getting a little too heated or Weak Armor has made it have like no defense and it needs to back out.

Soldier (Bisharp) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Metal Burst
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head
- Foul Play

Here I am making more of a counter-attacking Bisharp.
Hp and Attack Evs to make it bulkier.
Rocky Helmet to make it punishable to hit him.
Defiant so that people don't lower his attack
No speed so that he moves after people to hit with metal burst.
Stone Edge to counter flying.
Iron Head and Foul Play are just main STABs

Assassin (Drapion) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Battle Armor
Jolly Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Poison Jab
- Whirlwind
- Crunch

Chople Berry to try to stop him from getting okoed
Again sweeper evs
Battle Armor again helps him not get okoed
Toxic Spikes because I love the move and wanted to get it on the team somewhere
Poison Job and Crunch for STABs (Poison Jab is anti-fairy)
Whirlwind is to change the opponents mons if Drap doesn't like the matchup.

Anger (Krookodile) @ Groundium Z
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Power-Up Punch

Krook is my starter, with a Z-Move up his sleeve.
Moxie is a great ability which allows him to power up quicker if he claims a knock
Again sweeper evs.
Rocks for setup
Earthquake is for a nice stab move that also allows him to use the Z move
Knock Off is a nice STAB that is makes others threaten him less
Power-Up Punch is to set him up while still doing damage

So there is the team!

THREATS!

Volcarona is a pain as usual. It out speeds and just out preforms everything after quiver dance.

Fairy teams have just too much of an advantage but this team can put up a good enough fight to nearly win.

FIGHTING TEAMS HURT! A LOT! THIS TEAM DIES FROM THEM!

Bug teams are playable against but volcarona screws this team over.

Thanks for taking a look at this team, and please let me know what you think and what can be improved. I would prefer to keep Zoroark though as I built the team around him.

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
Hey meisme123, this really is not a rate since the team really cannot be fixed without pretty much changing every aspect of all the sets. I would suggest you look at the Monotype Sample teams and its other resources, this will allow you to get a better grasp on whats viable in the metagame!

Monotype Resources-
Sample Teams: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/monotype-sample-teams.3599682/#post-7292576
Viability Rankings: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/monotype-usm-viability-rankings.3622349/
PS! Room: http://www.play.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype

If you wanted to request a specific core/pokemon to be built around you can also visit the teambuilding workshop, but make sure the core is usable. A good place to check if the request is workable is the viability rankings. Here is the Monotype Teambuilding Workshop: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/monotype-teambuilding-workshop-v2.3630267/ please make sure you read the rules before requesting!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)