YouTube YouTube Feature Suggestions

which songs do you have in mind ? would be cool if you could give us some links to tracks that fit our series
GlitchxCity has good remixes and vary in "intensity" so you can find the right one.
Adding on to Azelfie's post, I also suggest Kamex, Retrospecter and Mewmore. The former two also has songs varying in intensity (though most of Kamex's are kind of intense from what I've listened to), and the latter mostly does relatively chill remixes, yet they still remain quite jaunty.

busyguy

formerly mil
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I need you to be concrete. If you want to be helpful, send us some links to songs that work for our series. Of course we looked for songs for the Showcase and DUTUT series, but coudn't decide which ones were fitting. They need to be appealing to the majority of people while being subtle, not taking the viewers concentration while also helping them process information. Also, we need two to three songs per series, that way we can mix it up from video to video.

MiniArchitect

Detail Disoriented
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Right now, there's a bit of background noise in most of the videos, and it's kind of annoying.
Quickly chiming in, I have a decent understanding of Adobe Audition and might be able to use it to reduce / remove some of the noise from recorded audio. However, overall audio quality is largely dependent on both the quality of speaker's microphone and the environment in which they're recording, so the speaker should ensure that they're recording in the quietest room available, and rummage through the settings of their mic so that it actively reduces noise on their end.

I need you to be concrete. If you want to be helpful, send us some links to songs that work for our series. Of course we looked for songs for the Showcase and DUTUT series, but coudn't decide which ones were fitting. They need to be appealing to the majority of people while being subtle, not taking the viewers concentration while also helping them process information. Also, we need two to three songs per series, that way we can mix it up from video to video.
Hm, how about these.

Sorry if that's too many songs.

Mr. Uncompetitive

Ugh Cough! Cough! Splutter!
is a Contributor Alumnus
I don't how viable of an idea this is, or how many resources for stuff like this are out there, but perhaps a video series on general beginner tutorials on competitive battling would be nice? Not necessarily teambuilding, as plenty of resources for those exist and they're very meta-dependent (and I'm not sure I'm competent enough at this topic that I could potentially talk about it ^^'), but more of some general theory and concepts that can apply to several metagames. Topics could include:

- Basic Pokemon concepts in a competitive light (Status conditions, Permanent stats, temporary stats, the role items and abilities can play, hell maybe even types/type charts)

- EVs/IVs/Natures, how to determine the best ones to use, damage calcing

- General roles of Pokemon (Sweepers, Wallbreakers, Cleaners, Revenge Killers, Hazard support, status support, walls/annoyers, clerics, trappers, speed control, etc.)

- Identifying different types of teams (HO/Offense, Bulky Offense/Balance, Semi-Stall/Stall)

- Making inferences about an opponents team, identifying "how to win", prediction, inferences you can make from calcs, general math/probability involved in CompMons, "what's my best move?", etc.

Basically, the stuff you should know so you don't sound clueless in your first Smogon post and before you apply for tutoring

TheAce22

Banned deucer.
U
Probably the huge thing I want to see change for the Youtube channel is a fix for the background noise.

Right now, there's a bit of background noise in most of the videos, and it's kind of annoying. Even without the background noise, it's still incredibly bland, which is a shame since the videos have such good visuals. My suggestion is to add music, most likely Pokemon remixes, into the videos, which should replace the background noise. Of course, it is highly recommended to credit the original remixer.
js anyone can remove background noise with audacity in a minute if u look up how to do it and then add the background music to make it as high quality as possible

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)