You're Not My Type

kolohe

room tone
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Wow, another round done already? More beautiful art by beautiful people!

(flipped it for you, hope thats okay!) DPAN

You guys rock, thank you for another killer round! See you soon~ :cleffa:

Last edited:

Bloopyghost

guging
is a Pre-Contributor
Looking at these makes me realize my entries can't even compare to everyone else's :(
Hey, just wanted to swing by and talk since this mentality is extremely self-destructive. I think a lot of artists have a tendency to compare their own works to that of others, esp their peers and the ones they look up to. Speaking as someone who thought this way for years, believing that your art is “inferior” will lead to burnout and self-loathing and turn the act of lifting your pen into a tiring chore.

If you rlly do think this way, I get it, it’s not easy to break out of your own negativity. But instead of looking at other artists and thinking “aw man they’re so much better than me,” you should be happy that there are peeps who want to make things just like you! Everyone is just built different, we all learn at our own pace and in our own ways. Art should be fun, and it should be esp fun getting together with other artists for projects like this.

sorry for the serious response, this post just reminded of my own personal issues and i had to talk about it for a bit

kolohe

room tone
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
sorry for the serious response, this post just reminded of my own personal issues and i had to talk about it for a bit
I think it was really sweet to touch on! I absolutely agree. We all learn at our own paces, and to me Creeps_43 , you’re doing just great. YNMT is not at all meant to be a competition; if it were I think it’d be a lot less fun for a lot of people!

Since a lot of artists do struggle with feelings of inferiority, I think it’s incredibly important we always do our bests to lift each other up here. Always glad to lend an ear if need be!

Discussion on this thread really does make me want to host another round… so, type in if you wanna join! Signups end in 48 hours as always.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)